Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger: 'I don't think The Rolling Stones were 'stage ready' for The Olympics'
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 13, 2012 22:59

Munichhilton
jamesfdouglas
Munichhilton
I'm pretty sure the Olympics weren't band rider ready for the Stones.
But thats big of Mick to take the blame...

Yeah right, and the Superbowl was?

The Stones not being ready in this day and age is clear.
Translation: Keith cannot play anymore. Period.

Hey stranger things have happened james. I've heard Def Leppard had a 1 armed drummer!

All we are saying.....is give Keith a chance

He just BLEW his chance.
Hard.

[thepowergoats.com]

Re: Mick Jagger: 'I don't think The Rolling Stones were 'stage ready' for The Olympics'
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:08

StonesTod
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
There is a peculiar thing in all us humans that make us hold onto one BAD experience more that 100 GOOD ones

Nope, not me. I am the other way round ... now wait ..... maybe I am not human

Or more likely either very lucky or not completely honest. with respect. peace

he's calling you a bald-faced liar, hansie...you gonna take that? want i should rat him out for you?

The politically correct way of saying that is to call him a 'shaved-face lawyer'

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:12

treaclefingers
StonesTod
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
There is a peculiar thing in all us humans that make us hold onto one BAD experience more that 100 GOOD ones

he's calling you a bald-faced liar, hansie...you gonna take that? want i should rat him out for you?

The politically correct way of saying that is to call him a 'shaved-face lawyer'

I don't shave that often

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:27

mitchflorida1
Didn't Jagger once say he would hate to be 40 years old and be still singing "Satisfaction"? Well, maybe at age 65 that is how he finally feels.

er....69 actually..in a few days ....YIKES!!!

Date: July 13, 2012 23:44

mitchflorida1
Didn't Jagger once say he would hate to be 40 years old and be still singing "Satisfaction"? Well, maybe at age 65 that is how he finally feels.

Well, technically - was he ever singing Satisfaction at the age of 40? How old was he on the TATOO YOU tour? Anyway, he's not 40 anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 17:43 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Date: July 13, 2012 23:46

StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Holy jeezles. What happened ? StonesTod ? You replied to the same message as I did. Even in the very same minute. Could that be a sign ?

armageddon or something?

No, must be something worse

worse than armageddon??? like streets of love worse?

I was thinking maybe Def Leppard Amrmageddon It. Although Streets Of Love is worse.

Date: July 13, 2012 23:48

Eleanor Rigby
Rolling Hansie
Eleanor Rigby
bv
The magic is when Keith hit the wrong chords

you call that magic ? I call that a complete f**k up !!!

Well, if that makes you feel better ... go ahead

what are you talking about ?

It says right there: go ahead. Call it that.

Date: July 13, 2012 23:50

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
StonesTod
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

I don't shave that often

I believe you're a shaved-face liar.

Date: July 13, 2012 23:51

I wonder if any of them would have been ready for any of the other Olympic events in that case?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 14, 2012 00:19

treaclefingers
I wonder if any of them would have been ready for any of the other Olympic events in that case?

We can all relax knowing they could've easily gotten ready in time for curling.

Oh crap, here comes the curlers hating on me

Date: July 14, 2012 00:37

If they couldn't get ready for the Olympics starting in December of 2011 then who is to believe that they'll be 'stage ready' for anything for the rest of this year?

That's ridiculous.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 14, 2012 00:56

I agree with PlayTheBlues how many months do they need to rehearse for
the olympics.
They would only have to play about 3 songs.
Makes me think they have no intention of playing at the olympics or
any other time.
I still thinks its that jagger can't have total control over there performance.
And ive always felt after the abiggerbang tour,that was it for live performances.
I still thinks its a shame they cant make the effort for the olympics,
the olympics is global, and so are the stones.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 14, 2012 01:26

terry
I agree with PlayTheBlues how many months do they need to rehearse for
the olympics.

If I remember the posts here from 2011 correctly, MJ and KR's relationship was
horrible at the time, Keef's book being among the reasons. I still can't fathom
that, but that was the story here. Which would explain their lack of interest or
confidence that they'd get the job done.

As for Keith not being able to play anything, and how rehearsals can't undo the
decline of age... well, true to an extent, but not to someone who has done it for
so long, who is in reasonably good health, which he seems to be. The fingers? Did you see them in '07? If he could play with those, he can play with these. Not every damn night for a year, but on a scaled down level. As some other than me have pointed out, his riffs ain't rocket science, or even that physically
demanding. Especially with the ease of the open G thing. The fingers add a certain challenge for him. But I don't see how practicing his ass of won't shake
off most of the dust.

I wouldn't expect anything better from K than what we got on the BB tour,
but that's good enough at this point.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:08

This.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:16

It'll be the spectacle of Wyman and Taylor overshadowing Keith's monkey hands as the smokescreen this time.

Look, with all the crap Mick put up with over the years I am sure he let keith hang himslef this time with the band..."want to jam, Keith, sure I'll stop by once you get warmed up and Bill is there. Want to meet in NYC when I'm in town for SNL? Sure, Kieth, I've got a week or so to spend with the boys."

Come on. I think Mick's words are so close to the bone this time it's killing Keith. He was the only one wearing shades for the photo ops at Somerset House. Why? So he doesn't have to look the others in the eyes and admit he flamed out early and pissed off Jagger to the point that they have to play games about when they might play live.

Notice how Ronnie and Charlie have been out there being musicians?
Notice how Jagger has played the Grammys, the White House and SNL since ABB?
Notice how Wyman tours Europe and Taylor adds lead lines to Exile outtakes and tours often and plays with Ronnie from time to time?

Which Stone is the only one not playing live with any real gigs these last few years? Keith.

Being "not stage ready" for the Olympics ain't even half of it. Jagger was kind and said the band was not ready. Really? Ronnie, Charlie, Mick, Bill and Taylor could go on the road tomorrow.

I think Keith and his camp thought ABB was it. He was injured and it was time to build the KR legend with a book deal and prepare for a long retirement of Lemon tree farming on the back patio. Meanwhile, he puts out a book that pisses off Jagger and probably the rest of the band.

Talk about being your own worst enemy.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:28

Keith never thought that was it. He doesn't think that now. Where do you get this stuff?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:38

terry
What a lame excuse that there not ready to do the olympics,
When i wached jagger say that on tv yesterday.
Most bands would give there right arm to play at the olympics.
The stones were asked ages ago to do the olympics, so
plenty of time to get ready.So i reckon that jagger could,nt have control
0ver the proceedings, witch i think is more than likely, or he dont trust
keef playing live in front of billions.
Well i think its sad they not doing it in there 50th year

Most bands might, but I'm personally delighted the Stones will be nowhere near it. Regardless of how well they're playing and what year it is.

I wish they'd exercised the same decision when asked to play the Superbowl.

the greatest rock n roll band in the world being a sideshow to a sporting event? Yeuch.

Demeaning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 03:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:43

rogue
It'll be the spectacle of Wyman and Taylor overshadowing Keith's monkey hands as the smokescreen this time.

Look, with all the crap Mick put up with over the years I am sure he let keith hang himslef this time with the band..."want to jam, Keith, sure I'll stop by once you get warmed up and Bill is there. Want to meet in NYC when I'm in town for SNL? Sure, Kieth, I've got a week or so to spend with the boys."

Come on. I think Mick's words are so close to the bone this time it's killing Keith. He was the only one wearing shades for the photo ops at Somerset House. Why? So he doesn't have to look the others in the eyes and admit he flamed out early and pissed off Jagger to the point that they have to play games about when they might play live.

Notice how Wyman tours Europe and Taylor adds lead lines to Exile outtakes and tours often and plays with Ronnie from time to time?

Which Stone is the only one not playing live with any real gigs these last few years? Keith.

Being "not stage ready" for the Olympics ain't even half of it. Jagger was kind and said the band was not ready. Really? Ronnie, Charlie, Mick, Bill and Taylor could go on the road tomorrow.

I think Keith and his camp thought ABB was it. He was injured and it was time to build the KR legend with a book deal and prepare for a long retirement of Lemon tree farming on the back patio. Meanwhile, he puts out a book that pisses off Jagger and probably the rest of the band.

nice post, keith really sh** the bed.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:48

rogue

Out of curiosity, how many performances did Keith do in between the Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, B2B and Licks tours? By your logic, he would had to have played a bunch of shows during those hiatuses in order to "prove" that he still has his chops. Did he?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: July 14, 2012 04:21

I'm seeing a predictable trend in this forum:

1. A report is posted.

2. Half affirm it, half pick it apart.

3. Failed attempts at humor follow.

4. Blame is assigned for the band's inactivity.

5. Speculation on KR's ability to play follows.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 14, 2012 04:49

Talk about being your own worst enemy.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, how many performances did Keith do in between the Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, B2B and Licks tours? By your logic, he would had to have played a bunch of shows during those hiatuses in order to "prove" that he still has his chops. Did he?[/quote]

In the mid 1980's and prior to Steel Wheels he did a Chuck Berry concert project, a film soundtrack, and a solo album. After Steel Wheels and the European Urban Jungle tour there was another solo album. There was not as much downtime between The Voodoo tour and the studio sessions for B2B which was followed by the No Security tour. He did other guest work projects prior to Licks which was itself a long world tour which began in 2002 and went well into 03. Then there was Charlie's illness and back to recording in early 05 for ABB album. Then came the very long ABB tour which did not wrap until August 07.

In a few weeks it will be nearly 5 years since Keith Richards has performed with the Stones or done any other significant live playing. In the last five years there has been much talk about another solo album. Instead he worked on the book. OK, fine. But he had a co-author and he is a musician. So why is he the only one not actively playing?

Yeah, he has to prove he can still play.

Date: July 14, 2012 04:50

hmmmmmm..you may be right..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 04:55 by lunar!!!.

Date: July 14, 2012 04:52

StonedInTokyo

1. A report is posted.

..and then someone will post a list of trends in a particular post..

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: July 14, 2012 05:18

Slick
rogue

EXACTLY RIGHT - it's so obvious. Rogue nailed it, from the preposterous sunglasses to all the others being active. And, probably most especially right on what the rest think of Keith's book. So much attention/speculation has been put on what Jagger felt about it, but the rest of them must surely know what a piece of self serving trash it is.

Someone, troll or not, I don't know, started a thread today about the idea of Jagger hosting "American Idol", but really the thing to worry about is Keith perhaps looking for a gig similar to that one.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 14, 2012 05:30

It's incongruent to have the Stones play the Olympics for age reasons among others. You can't have a bunch of 70-year-olds celebrating the Olympics when it's all about youth.

The 1967 or possibly 1969 Rolling Stones could possibly have been an amazing Olympics opener. Not the 69-year-old Rolling Stones.

One Direction can open the Olympics. smileys with beer

Not those over-the-hill Back Street Boys or NCOTB or Menudo.

Partridge Family?

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 14, 2012 05:32

SweetThing
Slick
rogue

EXACTLY RIGHT - it's so obvious. Rogue nailed it, from the preposterous sunglasses to all the others being active. And, probably most especially right on what the rest think of Keith's book. So much attention/speculation has been put on what Jagger felt about it, but the rest of them must surely know what a piece of self serving trash it is.

Someone, troll or not, I don't know, started a thread today about the idea of Jagger hosting "American Idol", but really the thing to worry about is Keith perhaps looking for a gig similar to that one.
access hollywood: "keith, how does it feel to be a judge on american idol?"
keith: "its good to be here, its good to be anywhere" lol

Date: July 14, 2012 05:33

StonedInTokyo

1. A report is posted.

now your just being hurtful

Date: July 14, 2012 05:39

Munichhilton
treaclefingers

We can all relax knowing they could've easily gotten ready in time for curling.

Oh crap, here comes the curlers hating on me

Didn't know curling would be a feature in London this summer!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 14, 2012 05:40

Sometimes the humour is so bad that it's good and it hurts.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: July 14, 2012 05:49

It is certainly sad that Keith has apparently lost his chops to age, inevitably. But it is equally amazing how Charlie and Mick have not. Throw in Bill and maybe M Taylor, Ronnie playing well...and you still have a show better than most of the rest. It won't be close to their own greatness without Keith on his game, but few bands have so much room to spare to still be a worthwhile show. Plus who knows, maybe Keith will have his moments to bring the highlights to any future shows.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home