Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Surprise! It's Keith Who Apparently Wants Mega Tour!
Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:11

MightyStonesStillRollin50
71Tele
The more we talk about concert gross records, beating U2, etc., the less interest I have.

What a wonderful work it would be if we are talking about all the new exciting musical ideas the Stones have come up with the celebrate their legacy.

I would be perfectly satisfied with one last great album and one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman, but I am afraid we are going to get a lot more. I just hope they don't bite off more than they can chew.
That sounds great, Mick, but do you think Keith will let you invite them back without throwing a fit?

Date: June 6, 2012 20:20

tkl7
71Tele
The more we talk about concert gross records, beating U2, etc., the less interest I have.

What a wonderful work it would be if we are talking about all the new exciting musical ideas the Stones have come up with the celebrate their legacy.

I would be perfectly satisfied with one last great album and one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman, but I am afraid we are going to get a lot more. I just hope they don't bite off more than they can chew.
That sounds great, Mick, but do you think Keith will let you invite them back without throwing a fit?

Well, seeing how it was Keith who extended the invitation.............

Date: June 6, 2012 20:22

sweetcharmedlife
Surprise,we don't care.eye rolling smiley

Do you think I really care?smiling smiley

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:23

tkl7
71Tele

Thanks for the update, Mick!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:30

MightyStonesStillRollin50, when you had these various usernames going at the same time on this board, did you find it annoying and tiresome when you had to log out and log back in with a different name in order to respond to yourself? Or did you have two computers on the go at the same time? Did you ever accidently log in with the wrong username? I'm just curious. It must have been liberating to request your accounts be deleted so you could concentrate on just one! smileys with beer

Date: June 6, 2012 20:31

Fredluvzstones
Fredluvzstones
I'd love to see a Huge Blow the Record to Pieces Tour with them going out on top.
That would make sense as to why there is nothing coming from them in the form of "Sound" Tour news. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Bring it on!!!

Pleased to meet you......
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA

Mick and Keith are a lot more competitive then many believe. They would never admit to it, but I think that if there is any way possible they will send U2 and the pious Bono crashing to the canvas once and for all - set the gross record so high that it will never be broken! I always felt that U2 (out of respect for the Stones) should have stopped short of breaking the Stones record. I mean, some journeyman band (like U2) should have shown more respect for the "Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band In The World"! Don't you think?

I Won't get into the Bono/U2 debate but aside from anyone's opinion on U2, I don't see how any band that has worked their asses off over the decades would not want the title of the Highest Grossing Touring act. Regrdless of respect for who held it prior to them. Records are made to be broken!
I have been hoping that the Stones would come back and set the bar so high with one last tour to end all tours that it might possibly never get broken but the years keep rolling on by and still no solid word from them to make me think it is even a remote possibility of happening.

Pleased to meet you........
Fred Hardin

An open ended tour would be the way to go if they want to regain the title. It could go on indefinitely. Maybe do 50-60 shows per year until they reach the point where they are no longer able to continue.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:39

Bullshit !!!!
keef does not want to do that, he said he wanted to scale it down.
Besides that, the band is not up for it, besides Ronnie and Charle
Jeroen

Date: June 6, 2012 20:43

GumbootCloggeroo
MightyStonesStillRollin50, when you had these various usernames going at the same time on this board, did you find it annoying and tiresome when you had to log out and log back in with a different name in order to respond to yourself? Or did you have two computers on the go at the same time? Did you ever accidently log in with the wrong username? I'm just curious. It must have been liberating to request your accounts be deleted so you could concentrate on just one! smileys with beer

I appreciate your most interesting imagination, but I would much rather see you focus your speculation on the Rolling Stones. I mean, isn't that what this forum is all about, or at least partly about? smileys with beer

Date: June 6, 2012 20:44

corriecas
Bullshit !!!!
keef does not want to do that, he said he wanted to scale it down.
Besides that, the band is not up for it, besides Ronnie and Charle
Jeroen

I hope you are right because another mega tour would make me very nervous. I am already biting my nails.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:46

GumbootCloggeroo

I appreciate your most interesting imagination, but I would much rather see you focus your speculation on the Rolling Stones. I mean, isn't that what this forum is all about, or at least partly about? smileys with beer

Speculation is different from crackpots making up stuff and posting on and on about said made up stuff.

Date: June 6, 2012 21:20

His Majesty
GumbootCloggeroo

Speculation is different from crackpots making up stuff and posting on and on about said made up stuff.

Well, the good news is, that time has a way of exposing the so called "crackpots".

Date: June 6, 2012 21:25

tkl7
tkl7
71Tele

Thanks for the update, Mick!

No, I am not Mick or anyone else of any significance. Just a fan that got excited over a rumor and posted it. Probably should have kept it to myself.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: June 6, 2012 21:32

all Keith has been able to do for a looong while is sing a few ballad tempo songs and noodle on the guitar. Mick is not gonna have a Keith Richards three or four song mini set..Until Keith can at least appear to be playing nearly as much as Blondie I cannot imagine why Mick would want to play live with Keith. I would bet the (non)rehearsals for SNL conformed Mick's index that Keith is not up to it anymore.

what evidence is there to the contrary? Charlie can still sort of do it..Ronnie is okay Mick is okay so.......

Date: June 6, 2012 21:41

dadrob
all Keith has been able to do for a looong while is sing a few ballad tempo songs and noodle on the guitar.
That's enough evidence for some people on here. Keith can still lift up a guitar and hold it in his hands? Clearly he's ready for a tour!! eye rolling smiley

Date: June 6, 2012 21:41

dadrob
all Keith has been able to do for a looong while is sing a few ballad tempo songs and noodle on the guitar. Mick is not gonna have a Keith Richards three or four song mini set..Until Keith can at least appear to be playing nearly as much as Blondie I cannot imagine why Mick would want to play live with Keith. I would bet the (non)rehearsals for SNL conformed Mick's index that Keith is not up to it anymore.

what evidence is there to the contrary? Charlie can still sort of do it..Ronnie is okay Mick is okay so.......

It's not the first time Keith's health has been called into question. It defies logic to think that he sat around for the last five years and let his skills evaporate with the 50th anniversary on the horizon. I can't wait for them to hit the stage again so we can put all this speculation to rest. Well, actually I can wait.smoking smiley

Date: June 6, 2012 21:48

GumbootCloggeroo
dadrob
all Keith has been able to do for a looong while is sing a few ballad tempo songs and noodle on the guitar.
That's enough evidence for some people on here. Keith can still lift up a guitar and hold it in his hands? Clearly he's ready for a tour!! eye rolling smiley

Well, Keith was probably more musician than entertainer for much of his career, but maybe today we can say he is more entertainer than musician. That's OK though, he is still invited to the party, because there is no party without Keith, if you get my drift?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2012 02:07

Fredluvzstones
Fredluvzstones
I'd love to see a Huge Blow the Record to Pieces Tour with them going out on top.
That would make sense as to why there is nothing coming from them in the form of "Sound" Tour news. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Bring it on!!!

Pleased to meet you......
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA

Mick and Keith are a lot more competitive then many believe. They would never admit to it, but I think that if there is any way possible they will send U2 and the pious Bono crashing to the canvas once and for all - set the gross record so high that it will never be broken! I always felt that U2 (out of respect for the Stones) should have stopped short of breaking the Stones record. I mean, some journeyman band (like U2) should have shown more respect for the "Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band In The World"! Don't you think?

I Won't get into the Bono/U2 debate but aside from anyone's opinion on U2, I don't see how any band that has worked their asses off over the decades would not want the title of the Highest Grossing Touring act. Regrdless of respect for who held it prior to them. Records are made to be broken!
I have been hoping that the Stones would come back and set the bar so high with one last tour to end all tours that it might possibly never get broken but the years keep rolling on by and still no solid word from them to make me think it is even a remote possibility of happening.

Pleased to meet you........
Fred Hardin

An open ended tour would be the way to go if they want to regain the title. It could go on indefinitely. Maybe do 50-60 shows per year until they reach the point where they are no longer able to continue.

That kind of feels like the last U2 tour, although I'm not certain that's how they approached it.

The stones could keep touring on a new album, until they decided to release a follow-up album, which would be never.

Date: June 7, 2012 02:22

alimente
Good old Keith! Time for a reality check.

You mean pay check. A big one.

Date: June 7, 2012 02:29

Beast
His Majesty
Please stop this nonsense posting! eye rolling smiley

What? Please explain.

What's to explain? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Why you bother commenting on posts you consider nonsense?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-07 02:45 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: June 7, 2012 02:42

Gold Coast Slave Ship
The Stones would be better off not to do a god damn thing! Hold a press conference where Mick could say, "for those who took the piss .."

Yeah, maybe you are on to something here. Shut the whole damn thing down with no explanation whatsoever. Maybe offer up a hand signal as a farewell? After all the whining and bitching, who could blame them!

Date: June 7, 2012 03:14

MightyStonesStillRollin50, why do you mostly post in threads that you've started?

Date: June 7, 2012 03:43

GumbootCloggeroo
MightyStonesStillRollin50, why do you mostly post in threads that you've started?

I only post on threads that I have an interest in. For me, when I start a thread it is usually something I am passionate about and have a desire to discuss. I have posted extensively on other threads that have aroused my interest, but of course when you start a thread and the responses begin coming in........................

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 7, 2012 05:07

I support Keith - yes to a mega tour! I remember the last tour, I was nervous, expected it to be a little pathetic. But they were great!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 7, 2012 07:36

Ringo
I support Keith - yes to a mega tour! I remember the last tour, I was nervous, expected it to be a little pathetic. But they were great!

They went on too long last tour, they were out of gas, and the football stadiums were not selling out. No more mega tours, please.

Date: June 7, 2012 18:15

71Tele
Ringo

They went on too long last tour, they were out of gas, and the football stadiums were not selling out. No more mega tours, please.

Yes, I say bring the whole show inside.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 7, 2012 19:59

Mick is resistant to a huge tour for a reason! He loves making $$ so there has to be really good, practical reasons why the big, extended tour just won't work. I personally hate stadium shows so fewer, smaller venues is fine with me. I can pick and choose which cities to go to. I too think this is a rumor not based on a lot of fact.

Date: June 7, 2012 20:13

Ringo

I definitely support Keith, however, I hope they dump the stadiums. Maybe a show or two in a stadium to close out the tour in 2015?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:45

Does anybody think they could have a nasty shock if they announce stadium dates at £100- £200 ticket price and the world turns round and says No Thank You? Not even everyone on here will go to see them so who can say the general public wont think they're past it too?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:52

First : have them on tour would be a real challenge,
Second : rehearse in small venues,with Bill and Mick T
Third : end up at Hyde Park in memory of Brian, Nicky and Stu.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:07

Vertigojoe, that could happen, depending on the size of the stadium...a 75,000 seater could be a problem. Back in the day, 1975 for example, they had no problem filling Rich Stadium, well over 90,000. The last tour had a few stadiums that were not sold out. Don't worry, Mick will not go on the road in a big way unless he is confident that it will be a mega-success.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home