Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Surprise! It's Keith Who Apparently Wants Mega Tour!
Date: June 5, 2012 22:02

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist posting this. I heard a rumor over the weekend from someone I consider to be a reasonably reliable source when it comes to the Rolling Stones.

Are you sitting down? He claims he heard through his sources that the reason for the delay in the 50th anniversary tour is that the Stones (Mick and Keith) can't agree (or have yet to agree) on the scope and scale of the coming tour. Mick apparently wants to scale back and do smaller venues while Keith is looking to go out in a "blaze of glory" (Keith's words, not too many months ago) with one last blockbuster tour that would smash U2's record to pieces!

If this rumor is true, then one would surmise that Keith is in far better shape than many around here think he is in. It would also mean more stadium shows which many around here (including myself) are opposed to.

Re: Surprise! It's Keith Who Apparently Wants Mega Tour!
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:06

The only thing worth celebrating here (if any of is true) is that Keith believes he's up for a huge tour. A healthy Keith is priority over tours, setlists, venues or new albums.

Date: June 5, 2012 22:10

Justin
The only thing worth celebrating here (if any of is true) is that Keith believes he's up for a huge tour. A healthy Keith is priority over tours, setlists, venues or new albums.

Yes, I agree. Keith's health is priority #1. Everything else is frosting on the cake. If this rumor is true, then I am excited on one hand, but very nervous on the other.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:11

And from whom did you hear this rumour? stonescrow?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:12

Very interesting rumor.. I remain optimistic!

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:20

No way could they "smash U2's record to pieces".

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:21

Sounds about right to me. Keith is fine. I'm hoping for a big tour, myself.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:27

Unless shows are for free I think the Stones themselves know it's not wise to do a Mega Tour, big stadiums that is. Anyway, june 30th first

Date: June 5, 2012 22:39

vincentwhirlwind
No way could they "smash U2's record to pieces".

Does seem a bit out of reach. Getting close to it would be remarkable. Even if this rumor is true, it still doesn't mean Keith will have the final say in the matter. We all know who that belongs to!

Date: June 5, 2012 22:44

Harm
Unless shows are for free I think the Stones themselves know it's not wise to do a Mega Tour, big stadiums that is. Anyway, june 30th first

Who knows? Maybe they do a few concerts, get their "strut" back, and say, "what the hell"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-05 22:48 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: June 5, 2012 22:45

Send It To me
Sounds about right to me. Keith is fine. I'm hoping for a big tour, myself.

It would be bold, I mean, very bold, but that's the Stones that we have come to love, I guess.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:52

MightyStonesStillRollin50
If this rumor is true, then one would surmise that Keith is in far better shape than many around here think he is in.

...or Keith thinks he's in better shape than he might really be.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:55

If this rumor is true

Indeed, if .....

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 5, 2012 23:06

Mick is pretty much the boss and has final say in everything. So Keith can wish upopn a star all he wants. If Mick Believed that Keith could actually play, none of us would be speculationg anything - the 50th Anni Tour would be happening, period.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 5, 2012 23:07

cant see it happening,

but would be pleasantly surprised if it was.

would love the stones to do something different.

not the same old songs, but fresh setlists, that change dramatically from gig to gig not just by the odd number or 2.

and would love them to play stuff they have never done, theres a challenge.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 5, 2012 23:17

I'd love to see a Huge Blow the Record to Pieces Tour with them going out on top.
That would make sense as to why there is nothing coming from them in the form of "Sound" Tour news. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Bring it on!!!

Pleased to meet you......
Fred Hardin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 06:09 by Fredluvzstones.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: June 5, 2012 23:25

buttons67
not the same old songs, but fresh setlists, that change dramatically from gig to gig not just by the odd number or 2.

Agreed. They should have the same kind of attitude like Grateful Dead had with a different setlist every night. That would be something.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 5, 2012 23:38

Single Malt
buttons67

Agreed. They should have the same kind of attitude like Grateful Dead had with a different setlist every night. That would be something.

Yes! Just like the Grateful Dead! But the Stones can actually play their instruments and have decent vocals and don't massacre cover songs!

Date: June 5, 2012 23:46

24FPS

Yes! Just like the Grateful Dead! But the Stones can actually play their instruments and have decent vocals and don't massacre cover songs!

You have GOT to be kidding me.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 6, 2012 00:09

Keith should read T.S. Eliotn who wrote (in 1925!) :

"This is the way the Stones will end
Not with a bang but a whimper"

So I think Jagger has the right view on the next/final tour!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 6, 2012 00:12

GumbootCloggeroo
And from whom did you hear this rumour? stonescrow?

I almost made this identical post. { --jeeeeesh-- } eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2012 00:12

Harm

Who knows? Maybe they do a few concerts, get their "strut" back, and say, "what the hell"?

I do think if it were ever to get big, it wouldn't start out that way...I think they'd gauge what the reception was, what the band chemistry was, what the health of the members was, and then just keep 'rolling' if it kept making sense and they were having fun.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 6, 2012 00:29

jamesfdouglas
24FPS

Not to take sides, but it reminds me of a joke Keith made about the GD during the Bridges To Babylon era. At the end of an interview, the journalist asked Keith if he knew any good jokes.

KR: "Okay, What do Grateful Dead fans say when the weed runs out? Hey, this band really stinks!"

Date: June 6, 2012 01:03

During the Babylon Era. Probably didn't even know that Jerry Garcia had passed away. That Babylon era is when I stopped caring about anything that junkie says.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: murf3901 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:14

i would imagine that the financial situation across the four lads: M, K, C, R is fairly "comfortable". however, promoters are sitting outside the Stones' office promising them the new world record. i truly think that they would be more interested in scaling down the shows (arenas, large & small theatres), making the experience more intimate for their fans, and forgo the hassle it takes to produce a blown out stadium tour.
i say this and then, naturally, the old saying, "Money talks and BS walks", comes to mind.
here's the realism: acts today are still demand large face values. Madonna is 300+, neil young at the hollywood bowl has ticket prices in the mid-two hundreds. while some acts have reasonable ticket prices out there, acts like mccartney, rolling stones, u2, can demand the higher face values. promoters know this and regardless of economic status, promoters will go to corporations and the rich to sell their tickets.
the last time the stones came through town, the same 3rd row ticket i paid $450 for at the beginning of the tour was $99 at the end of the tour. mainly because the stones have been known to saturate certain markets, but also i think people were honestly sick of paying the high prices. and this was even before the recession.
if they do hand full of shows, tailor them down, stick to the basics, then i'm sure they'll have no problem retrieving the $400 plus ticket prices. but if they decide to do the stadiums, then that range is just not worth the value anymore.
to be determined!

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:26

stonesnow
jamesfdouglas
24FPS

Not to take sides, but it reminds me of a joke Keith made about the GD during the Bridges To Babylon era. At the end of an interview, the journalist asked Keith if he knew any good jokes.

KR: "Okay, What do Grateful Dead fans say when the weed runs out? Hey, this band really stinks!"
Funny and so true!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 6, 2012 02:07

i think this is misinformation...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2012 02:32

detroitken
i think this is misinformation...

Yes, just someone play posting.

Date: June 6, 2012 03:11

Look at the starter of the thread. It's thewatchman.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 6, 2012 04:10

Good old Keith! Time for a reality check.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home