Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:10

Wouldn't it be great to see the Stones live on stage again ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Surprise! It's Keith Who Apparently Wants Mega Tour!
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:12

The only difference was that last time they added one or two extra legs to the tour causing them to come back to cities they JUST visited no more than 5-6 months previously. That's why stadiums had tarps on seats and low numbers. I can't recall any issues with any of tickets sales for the stadium shows at any of the shows during the first leg of the tour.

Cut the ticket prices in half and then we can talk. There is no real reason why this show should be $500 a ticket now. If they somehow add Bill and Taylor--that would be the only way they could possibly justify their ridiculous prices. With that said, I almost don't want Bill and Taylor to join!

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Date: June 7, 2012 22:22

Rolling Hansie
Wouldn't it be great to see the Stones live on stage again ?

Yes, that is the bottom line.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 7, 2012 23:53

Why can't the fans get what WE want this time? I want Bill and MT AND low ticket prices....it's all about US this time! Without the fans for 50 years, they would not be the rich men they are today.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 7, 2012 23:59

dadrob
all Keith has been able to do for a looong while is sing a few ballad tempo songs and noodle on the guitar. Mick is not gonna have a Keith Richards three or four song mini set..Until Keith can at least appear to be playing nearly as much as Blondie I cannot imagine why Mick would want to play live with Keith. I would bet the (non)rehearsals for SNL conformed Mick's index that Keith is not up to it anymore.

what evidence is there to the contrary? Charlie can still sort of do it..Ronnie is okay Mick is okay so.......

Keith has also been able to play some mean kick ass rock n roll guitar on the latest Tom Waits album, so what's the probleam ?

TOM WAITS WITH KEITH - "satisfied"

Date: June 8, 2012 00:05

mickschix
Why can't the fans get what WE want this time? I want Bill and MT AND low ticket prices....it's all about US this time! Without the fans for 50 years, they would not be the rich men they are today.

Wouldn't we all?

The way they've been treating the last few tours, it's as if we were paying high prices just to be given the chance to be in the same room with them. No doubt they'll feel that adding sacred cows like BW and MT would only add to the "holier than thou" feelings.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 8, 2012 02:27

Another reason to charge the $450-$500 per seat!!

Date: June 8, 2012 02:47

Another thing they've probably factored into the sky high ticket prices the fact that they put on a great stage show with the lights, and stage design.

Has anyone here honestly been impressed with any of that? I swear, I get inside the venue, I see the stage design....cool. Okay, when do the Stones come on? I couldn't give a rat's ass how big the stage was, how tall it towered, how many fans could fit on the top level or how far the bridge extended...who the f*ck cares about that shite? If they think the inflated ticket prices is on account for all that...they've been wasting their money because I couldn't care less how many lights they got on stage or how big that video screen was.

Every tour after Steel Wheels, they've built a bigger and bigger and bigger stage as if we're all sitting there waiting to see how they can top the last one. I certainly couldn't care. The only people care about crap like that are the "tourist" fans who attend these shows and want to hear "Start me Up" played for the millionth time.

They pride themselves on how elaborate they can make the stage, but I for one, have never been impressed with any of it.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 8, 2012 03:56

Justin
Another thing they've probably factored into the sky high ticket prices the fact that they put on a great stage show with the lights, and stage design.

Has anyone here honestly been impressed with any of that? I swear, I get inside the venue, I see the stage design....cool. Okay, when do the Stones come on? I couldn't give a rat's ass how big the stage was, how tall it towered, how many fans could fit on the top level or how far the bridge extended...who the f*ck cares about that shite? If they think the inflated ticket prices is on account for all that...they've been wasting their money because I couldn't care less how many lights they got on stage or how big that video screen was.

Every tour after Steel Wheels, they've built a bigger and bigger and bigger stage as if we're all sitting there waiting to see how they can top the last one. I certainly couldn't care. The only people care about crap like that are the "tourist" fans who attend these shows and want to hear "Start me Up" played for the millionth time.

They pride themselves on how elaborate they can make the stage, but I for one, have never been impressed with any of it.

And then we have to endure more tales about how many trucks it takes to move the stage, how many people on the payroll, the amazing logistical challenges, etc. You're right, who cares? Deliver the goods musically and none of those things matter. On the other hand, a dozen gimmicks and extra musicians don't make up for a sub-par Rolling Stones.

Posted by: SaigonVoodoo ()
Date: June 8, 2012 04:08

Just give us a stage...a basic stage with good lighting and kick butt sound system. Just give us the raw Stones. That's all I want.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 8, 2012 05:07

>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<
SaigonVoodoo
Just give us a stage...a basic stage with good lighting and kick butt sound system. Just give us the raw Stones. That's all I want.

Date: June 8, 2012 05:09

Justin

Justin, I appreciate what you are saying here but I think it is a bit of myth that the "tourist" fans come primarily to hear the classics. The stage and lights probably are an attraction, but I think if (for example) the Stones showed up and played all new songs I don't think the fans would go home disappointed. It's the Rolling Stones that are the main attraction, regardless where they play and what they play. Also, I think sometimes the so called "tourists" overall are a lot more in tune with the Stones than we are sometimes willing to give them credit for being.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-08 05:12 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2012 08:14

SaigonVoodoo

I'm not even sure I want good lighting either...they are all starting to look a bit gnarly, so seeing too much of them probably won't be required!

Date: June 8, 2012 08:49

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Justin, I appreciate what you are saying here but I think it is a bit of myth that the "tourist" fans come primarily to hear the classics. The stage and lights probably are an attraction, but I think if (for example) the Stones showed up and played all new songs I don't think the fans would go home disappointed. It's the Rolling Stones that are the main attraction, regardless where they play and what they play. Also, I think sometimes the so called "tourists" overall are a lot more in tune with the Stones than we are sometimes willing to give them credit for being.

There's no real way to test the theory since the other half of the equation is Mick's little faith in his audience to actually challenge them with the songs they hear in concert. No Security proved that audiences won't start riots if they don't play "Satisfaction." Thats great but I'm not sure things would go down nicely if they also didnt play JJF, STU, BS, YCAGWYW, Gimme Shelter, and IORR. That's a risk Mick is too afraid to take. Unhappy concert goers = possible bad reviews = bad tickets sales. It's a pessmistic view and highly exaggerated but honestly, I have no other way to rationalize it since Mick has consistently taken very few risks in the set lists on recent tours.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 8, 2012 10:52

I think it is a bit of myth that the "tourist" fans come primarily to hear the classics.

I don't know. On a couple of shows I went to, the Stones didn't play Satisfaction. When leaving the venue I heard several people complaining about that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 8, 2012 11:42

seitan
dadrob
all Keith has been able to do for a looong while is sing a few ballad tempo songs and noodle on the guitar. Mick is not gonna have a Keith Richards three or four song mini set..Until Keith can at least appear to be playing nearly as much as Blondie I cannot imagine why Mick would want to play live with Keith. I would bet the (non)rehearsals for SNL conformed Mick's index that Keith is not up to it anymore.

what evidence is there to the contrary? Charlie can still sort of do it..Ronnie is okay Mick is okay so.......

Keith has also been able to play some mean kick ass rock n roll guitar on the latest Tom Waits album, so what's the probleam ?

For some reason, people tend to forget that. The album is great, and Keith's playing is cool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-08 11:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: June 8, 2012 15:44

Mick apparently wants to scale back and do smaller venues while Keith is looking to go out in a "blaze of glory" (Keith's words, not too many months ago) with one last blockbuster tour that would smash U2's record to pieces!

I'm glad to hear that Mick wants to do anything at all live with the Stones, even if it is only a rumor. He hasn't given any indication that he really wants to play with them, as far as I know. To be honest, I'm not excited about seeing them live again, if Mick isn't excited about it. I don't want them to tour just because it's the 50th and everyone is expecting them to. I still have hope he and Keith will mend their relationship...I just hope if they do, it's real and not just part of the show.

Date: June 9, 2012 03:17

treaclefingers
SaigonVoodoo

I'm not even sure I want good lighting either...they are all starting to look a bit gnarly, so seeing too much of them probably won't be required!

The lighting for Shine A Light was atrocious.

Date: June 9, 2012 03:22

Rolling Hansie
I think it is a bit of myth that the "tourist" fans come primarily to hear the classics.

I don't know. On a couple of shows I went to, the Stones didn't play Satisfaction. When leaving the venue I heard several people complaining about that.

Must have been some hardcores! That's all they do is complain! They are all closet warhorse worshippers, but they will never admit it!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 9, 2012 03:45

Justin

There's no real way to test the theory since the other half of the equation is Mick's little faith in his audience to actually challenge them with the songs they hear in concert. No Security proved that audiences won't start riots if they don't play "Satisfaction." Thats great but I'm not sure things would go down nicely if they also didnt play JJF, STU, BS, YCAGWYW, Gimme Shelter, and IORR. That's a risk Mick is too afraid to take. Unhappy concert goers = possible bad reviews = bad tickets sales. It's a pessmistic view and highly exaggerated but honestly, I have no other way to rationalize it since Mick has consistently taken very few risks in the set lists on recent tours.

True, but maybe staying away from the stadiums will free them up to take some risks. They would be wise to promote this tour as the last tour, the last opportunity to see the Rolling Stones. If they do they will have no problem filling arenas and theaters. They don't need the pressure of trying to fill stadiums or the pressure of trying to beat U2's record. Not at their ages.

Date: June 9, 2012 03:55

TrulyMicks

Mick apparently wants to scale back and do smaller venues while Keith is looking to go out in a "blaze of glory" (Keith's words, not too many months ago) with one last blockbuster tour that would smash U2's record to pieces!

I'm glad to hear that Mick wants to do anything at all live with the Stones, even if it is only a rumor. He hasn't given any indication that he really wants to play with them, as far as I know. To be honest, I'm not excited about seeing them live again, if Mick isn't excited about it. I don't want them to tour just because it's the 50th and everyone is expecting them to. I still have hope he and Keith will mend their relationship...I just hope if they do, it's real and not just part of the show.

I can live with them not touring, but they still should at least write some new material to mark their 50th with.

Date: June 9, 2012 03:59

DandelionPowderman
seitan
dadrob

For some reason, people tend to forget that. The album is great, and Keith's playing is cool!

Amazing! This cinches it! The Stones are coming! Not because of Keith's playing, but the song itself! It is definitely a hint of things to come!

Date: June 9, 2012 04:04

Remember, it's Mick that does all the work onstage (running around), etc. Of course he would want to scale that back and just charge more for the smaller venues opposed to stadiums

Date: June 9, 2012 04:20

21stcenturystones
Remember, it's Mick that does all the work onstage (running around), etc. Of course he would want to scale that back and just charge more for the smaller venues opposed to stadiums

I have to laugh sometimes when the critics talk of the length of McCartney's shows and how active Springsteen and others are as opposed to the Stones. None of them are sprinting from one end of the stage to the other like Mick does during a two hour show. Springsteen basically stands in one place and still sounds like he has gravel in his mouth and cement in his ears.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 9, 2012 06:03

I like the big productions, actually. That doesn't make me shallow or anything. I like stripped down shows as well, but the staging is always interesting and fun to me.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 9, 2012 08:35

24FPS
Single Malt
buttons67
not the same old songs, but fresh setlists, that change dramatically from gig to gig not just by the odd number or 2.

Agreed. They should have the same kind of attitude like Grateful Dead had with a different setlist every night. That would be something.

Yes! Just like the Grateful Dead! But the Stones can actually play their instruments and have decent vocals and don't massacre cover songs!

You are funny!

Wrong, but funny.

Date: June 9, 2012 08:40

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist posting this. I heard a rumor over the weekend from someone I consider to be a reasonably reliable source when it comes to the Rolling Stones.

Are you sitting down? He claims he heard through his sources that the reason for the delay in the 50th anniversary tour is that the Stones (Mick and Keith) can't agree (or have yet to agree) on the scope and scale of the coming tour. Mick apparently wants to scale back and do smaller venues while Keith is looking to go out in a "blaze of glory" (Keith's words, not too many months ago) with one last blockbuster tour that would smash U2's record to pieces!

If this rumor is true, then one would surmise that Keith is in far better shape than many around here think he is in. It would also mean more stadium shows which many around here (including myself) are opposed to.

I love Keith but he can not play and has not been able too for a very long time,

Too many fans here are wholly divorced from reality so much so that they should be drinking the Kool Aid at Jonestown.

Date: June 9, 2012 08:43

mickschix
[stylefrizz.com]-
I'd go for that but Keith needs to stick to rhythm maybe even acoustic like that guy at the corner of the stage, MT and a sober Ron will do the rest,

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 9, 2012 12:45

mickschix

If they toured only for the members of this forum and others like it such as rocks off they would only have to put on a few small theater gigs. However, thier appeal is much wider and there are millions of casual and even more dedicated fans around the world who have different opinions and they need to take that onto account.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 9, 2012 16:43

treaclefingers
SaigonVoodoo

The lighting for Shine A Light was atrocious.

Mighty, ha, that was Martin Scorsese's choice, I assume.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home