Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:15

Rolling Hansie
I really think it would just be great to see the Stones live on stage again

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileydrinking smileysmoking smileygrinning smileyhot smileycool smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:22

24FPS
Rolling Hansie
I really think it would just be great to see the Stones live on stage again

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileydrinking smileysmoking smileygrinning smileyhot smileycool smiley

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

sc uk

Re: Keith can't keep time anymore
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 7, 2012 23:41

More Hot Rocks
Justin
More Hot Rocks
Seen him play like this before the fall.

Doubt it. Care to show any clips where he's was as big of a mess as he was in this video? If you can find a video of equal or crappier quality--the better.

Listen to the boot of St Louis and Columbus before the fall. he can't even play the the intro to brown Sugar right. How about the guitar lead from Sympathy from licks. Don't know what show. it was even talked about in Guitar World mag about how bad it was. Keith now sucks. He's just terrible. A joke.

Wow.

I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 8, 2012 00:44

More Hot Rocks
Listen to the boot of St Louis and Columbus before the fall. he can't even play the the intro to brown Sugar right. How about the guitar lead from Sympathy from licks. Don't know what show. it was even talked about in Guitar World mag about how bad it was. Keith now sucks. He's just terrible. A joke.

But wouldn't it be great to see the Stones live on stage again

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 8, 2012 00:48

Rolling Hansie
More Hot Rocks

But wouldn't it be great to see the Stones live on stage again

He's been blowing that one for years !

I hope he's shaking the rust off for some shows in whatever form they take.

sc uk

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 17, 2012 05:37

Mick Taylor said—I believe it was in MOJO—that when he rehearsed with the Stones for the Hyde Park gig (paraphrase from memory): "They were the worst band I'd ever heard. Starting out that rehearsal, they were just terrible. But then after some numbers, things gradually clicked together."

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 17, 2012 11:50

Yes in 1969. Keith lived inside a guitar back then. Every damn chord and tune. He was the gasoline back then.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 18, 2012 03:11

Justin
More Hot Rocks

Doubt it. Care to show any clips where he's was as big of a mess as he was in this video? If you can find a video of equal or crappier quality--the better.

You have never seen the Stones live have you? Doubt it.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 18, 2012 03:16

Of course I have and I enjoyed every one of the shows I saw. Did you enjoy the shows that you saw? Doubt it.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 18, 2012 03:44

Justin
Of course I have and I enjoyed every one of the shows I saw. Did you enjoy the shows that you saw? Doubt it.

What makes you assume More Hot Rocks did not enjoy the shows he saw? please substanstiate.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 18, 2012 09:04

It's astonishing to be away for a couple of days and see the list of Keith excuses are on the verge of multiplying exponentially.

When one argument gets knocked down in a post, two more new ones spring up.

There's an alibi for everything.

And it can be changed moment to moment to avoid any serious consideration that Keith may have simply dropped below the level of mediocre.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 18, 2012 13:20

Justin

You are child with your reations. Time to grow up.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 18, 2012 17:38

More Hot Rocks
Time to grow up.

I prefer not to. Way too much serious business when you grow up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: September 17, 2012 22:47

Loudei
video: [youtu.be]

One time great rhythm player and time keeper doesn't have the chops anymore. I am worried that he can't play with the stones anymore unless they mick taylor back to help.

Something like this, knocking Keith's playing ~~

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:34

Enjoy Keith here - talking and playing.
He seems to be in a good mood - tour ready???
What about Stones doing similar music, Mick's soulful singing, Charlies Jazzy drumming..... would be wonderful. They should try something else on their last days, why not...?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 18, 2012 00:23

As the band turned more and more into an orchestra Keith started to follow instead of being the leader. But he will always have to be in charge on the intros as long as he played the stones big hits. He has to have those memorable riffs played right then he can let the orchestra take over.I hope he can still do that.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2012 00:32

rollmops
As the band turned more and more into an orchestra Keith started to follow instead of being the leader. But he will always have to be in charge on the intros as long as he played the stones big hits. He has to have those memorable riffs played right then he can let the orchestra take over.I hope he can still do that.
Rock and roll,
Mops

If we lower our expectations for Keith any further, we're liable to bump into the guy located below the stage that covers for him.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:42

Justin
More Hot Rocks

Here you go. Listen to the whole thing. keith was great at one time. Now? Does he even know what song he's playing?

Classy. Using clips from a leg on a tour where we know now that Keith was on a stable regiment of anti-seizure medication that had obviously impaired his mobility. Not to mention he was at the time having a difficult time coping with his wife's illness. Anyone care to take a stab on the correlation between the side effects of heavy medication with emotional distress?

Yes, that's true.

Watching it anyway though. I notice Ronnie Wood just stops playing at one point preferring to wander around for a bit.

Mick sure has alot of patience.

I guess in a way it just didn't matter. 1:47-1:50 is quite the moment.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:09

mtaylor
Enjoy Keith here - talking and playing.
He seems to be in a good mood - tour ready???
What about Stones doing similar music, Mick's soulful singing, Charlies Jazzy drumming..... would be wonderful. They should try something else on their last days, why not...?

Excellent, mtaylor, thanks for posting this clip. Keith's playing at 1:19-1:23 should put to rest once and for all any doubts regarding his capability for playing guitar.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:32

I must admit the Aaron Neville album has shut me up. Cant waito listen to it.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:55

More Hot Rocks
Justin
More Hot Rocks

There are more songs than BS and SFTD, you know.

It's true that, especially the latter has been awful in concert for quite some time, thanks to Keith.

However, if you check out the Neville promo film, you'll find Keith in surprisingly fine form.

I think he'll be fine. Remember, even in 1969 keith fvcked up intros and played bad solos.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:10

SweetThing
Justin
More Hot Rocks

Here you go. Listen to the whole thing. keith was great at one time. Now? Does he even know what song he's playing?

Classy. Using clips from a leg on a tour where we know now that Keith was on a stable regiment of anti-seizure medication that had obviously impaired his mobility. Not to mention he was at the time having a difficult time coping with his wife's illness. Anyone care to take a stab on the correlation between the side effects of heavy medication with emotional distress?

Yes, that's true.

Watching it anyway though. I notice Ronnie Wood just stops playing at one point preferring to wander around for a bit.

Mick sure has alot of patience.

I guess in a way it just didn't matter. 1:47-1:50 is quite the moment.

I actually find Mick's hunch-shouldered prissy pointy clappy clumpy footed walk thing more difficult to watch.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:16

I have to say though about that video.. the last 3 notes Keith plays right at the end of IORR are exquisite (in a Les Dawson sense).

Date: September 18, 2012 10:47

About the Neville thing. I don know abou this. Keith aint bad but Am I the only one who hears a boring production with Keith doing some easy fills here and there? Not bad but not exciting at all. Sounds like some retirement home - nothing wrong with age, just doesnt do it for me. Not meant as an insult if it moves someone else.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:50

KRiffhard

Getting more and more like the pathetic Chuck Berry...eye rolling smiley

Date: September 18, 2012 10:56

Redhotcarpet
About the Neville thing. I don know abou this. Keith aint bad but Am I the only one who hears a boring production with Keith doing some easy fills here and there? Not bad but not exciting at all. Sounds like some retirement home - nothing wrong with age, just doesnt do it for me. Not meant as an insult if it moves someone else.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: September 18, 2012 11:06

Redhotcarpet

There is probably an element of that to the album, but I think Don Was likes to just get people playing naturally (for better or for worse, depending on your mood) - many of his projects (eg: the Kristofferson albums) are like that. So it's just a fairly chilled roots / rnb album, with a sort of "live" feel, and I wouldn't expect Keith to be a huge feature of it as far as "stretching out" is concerned.

Date: September 18, 2012 11:12

On all the tracks we hear in this clip (Keith in right ear if you're using headphones), there should be no doubt about Keith keeping time grinning smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 18, 2012 18:29

DandelionPowderman
More Hot Rocks
Justin
More Hot Rocks

There are more songs than BS and SFTD, you know.

It's true that, especially the latter has been awful in concert for quite some time, thanks to Keith.

However, if you check out the Neville promo film, you'll find Keith in surprisingly fine form.

I think he'll be fine. Remember, even in 1969 keith fvcked up intros and played bad solos.

"Remember, even in 1969 keith fvcked up intros and played bad solos"

I've been saying as much for years when these threads appear,
Of course keith doesn't play as well as he used to ...but train wrecks have always been a common side effect of his tendency to always wing it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 18:32 by Spud.

Date: September 18, 2012 18:56

Sorry but no, he didnt f-ck up in 1969 like he does now. Lets not pretend. He was on gasoline 1969-1972 and he was a shining sometimes a bit too high in 1975-1975 and a bit too coked up in 1981 but he was always always somehow a genius with the guitar. Same goes for his guest spots in 1986.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home