Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bridge School Benefit Concert 2012
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 20, 2012 07:16

The acts have been announced and the locals are securing their tickets for this always amazing show. Here is the talent line-up this year so far:

•Neil Young & Crazy Horse
•Jack White <------------------Whoo Hoo!
•Guns N' Roses<--------------------------wtf?
•The Flaming Lips
•Sarah McLachlan
•Foster the People
•Lucinda Williams
•Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers
•k.d. lang and the Siss Boom Bang
•Gary Clark Jr.
•Ray LaMontagne

After recently being turned on to Jack White from IORRians I am pretty excited to see what he will do for the benefit. Most people bring something special to the table, I'm guessing it will be the girl band because otherwise they will pester him endlessly about missing the opportunity to hang with Neil...

I've heard a rumor that Eddie Vedder will play as well, not sure in what capacity. I know he and Neil have become good friends over the past 10 years or so. peace

Re: OT: Bridge School Benefit Concert 2012
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 20, 2012 10:14

It's been more like 20 years now that Eddie and Neil have been pretty tight--remember how they appeared on the MTV awards together back in '92 thereabouts, then Neil made that album with Pearl Jam roundabout '95 or so?

Jack White sure has the chops and the musical instinct, a great and vibrant natural talent, and he's done better since leaving the White Stripes behind. I have this bootleg recording of a UK performance where Jeff Beck does 7 or so songs with them, and you can hear people in the audience--several in fact, as the set is getting under way--muttering in disgust, "Meg White really sucks!"

That Bridge benefit lineup gave me a chuckle--that band named Foster the People. Too easy a name to goof on. You could just as easily name them Foster the Children.

Date: September 20, 2012 17:39

stonesnow
I have this bootleg recording of a UK performance where Jeff Beck does 7 or so songs with them, and you can hear people in the audience--several in fact, as the set is getting under way--muttering in disgust, "Meg White really sucks!"

I imagine it would be hard to share a stage with Jeff Beck and Jack White under the best of conditions. Meg generally knew where the back beat was I will say in her defense.

Her presence in the White Stripes seemed to balance alot of different scales. For that audience to have such strong feelings about her tells that they at least cared deeply and her minimialistic approach certainly allowed Jack to develop his chops to the fine level they are today.

Gun's and Roses seem at out of place in this lineup but will likely draw some folks who would otherwise not attend the benefit. I wonder who's idea that was? peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 20, 2012 18:10

What?

No Pearl Jam?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 20, 2012 18:12

I'll be there on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Date: September 20, 2012 18:34

Munichhilton
What?

No Pearl Jam?

The lineup is subject to last minute changes. I saw the Pearl Jam members backstage as guests a few years ago even though they didn't perform. That was the year Kris Kristofferson spent serious time trying to pick up my ex-wife. I was secretly hoping for his success and that she would bring him home so I could muse off him a bit. Sadly, she went home with only me that night. peace

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2012 18:46

Naturalust
Munichhilton
What?

No Pearl Jam?

The lineup is subject to last minute changes. I saw the Pearl Jam members backstage as guests a few years ago even though they didn't perform. That was the year Kris Kristofferson spent serious time trying to pick up my ex-wife. I was secretly hoping for his success and that she would bring him home so I could muse off him a bit. Sadly, she went home with only me that night. peace
LOL... was she already your ex at the time... or your future ex at the time?

I am currently looking for my future ex-wife winking smiley

Date: September 20, 2012 19:04

Max, It's a complicated question and I will only say we were married and separated longer than we were together. She is still one of my closest friends. I was lucky to have had a single minute of her attention. But I've no doubt I was an ex when and if Mr. Kristofferson asked her about her marital status, I mean Kris was looking pretty good that night, like a grey fox. I was honered that he had such good taste!

Marriage can do strange things to a relationship. Splitting up with all the love intact seems to be the trick I value the most. Beside she was a great house keeper....she kept the beach house.. lol peace

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2012 19:07

Naturalust
Max, It's a complicated question and I will only say we were married and separated longer than we were together. She is still one of my closest friends. I was lucky to have had a single minute of her attention. But I've no doubt I was an ex when and if Mr. Kristofferson asked her about her marital status, I mean Kris was looking pretty good that night, like a grey fox. I was honered that he had such good taste!

Marriage can do strange things to a relationship. Splitting up with all the love intact seems to be the trick I value the most. Beside she was a great house keeper....she kept the beach house.. lol peace
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 20, 2012 19:51

Naturalust
Munichhilton
What?

No Pearl Jam?

You're just lucky Ed didn't try that Tod. Of course you could of mused off him and his ukelele just as well...

Date: September 20, 2012 20:40

the bridge chool is a an amazing place, i read alot about in Shakey, when in the mid 80s neil and his wife couldnt find a school that met the needs of their kids with cerebral palsy. i think neil's wife pegi actually proposed the idea and mission of the school to developers. neil and his musical pals held a concert or concerts to raise enough to get the school up and running. an amazing story.

to me the lineup of the concerts is secondary really, even though so many of the artists that have participated are nothing short of astounding and top notch; because the the money raised goes to such a good cause

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home