Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Keith can't keep time anymore
Date: June 6, 2012 17:12

More Hot Rocks
Does anyone have the vid of Keith's isolated guitar from It's only R and R live?

I don't think he played on right chord or note for the full song. Fried.

Which album are you talking about? I willing to bet quite a lot on you're being wrong here, though smiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 6, 2012 17:57

DandelionPowderman
More Hot Rocks
Does anyone have the vid of Keith's isolated guitar from It's only R and R live?

Which album are you talking about? I willing to bet quite a lot on you're being wrong here, though smiling smiley

Not album. I said video. It was one from the B Stage.

Date: June 6, 2012 18:13

Here you go. Listen to the whole thing. keith was great at one time. Now? Does he even know what song he's playing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 18:14 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 6, 2012 18:59

THis is what happens when a band gets used to have a CLICK TRACK keep time for them since 1989. Yup, all song's tempos are pre-calculated. I guess it doesn't function well with the b-stage. Worry not people, rumor has it that there are still musicians who can keep time on their own.

Rock and roll baby, or something...

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 6, 2012 19:58

jamesfdouglas
THis is what happens when a band gets used to have a CLICK TRACK keep time for them since 1989. Yup, all song's tempos are pre-calculated. I guess it doesn't function well with the b-stage. Worry not people, rumor has it that there are still musicians who can keep time on their own.

The Stones don't use a click track when playing. it's just there at the beginning to start the tempo of the song. It has nothing to do with Keith being a f'''up on stage either.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:09

More Hot Rocks
jamesfdouglas

The Stones don't use a click track when playing. it's just there at the beginning to start the tempo of the song. It has nothing to do with Keith being a f'''up on stage either.

If you're gonna fake it, why not fake it all the way?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:19

More Hot Rocks

Here you go. Listen to the whole thing. keith was great at one time. Now? Does he even know what song he's playing?

Classy. Using clips from a leg on a tour where we know now that Keith was on a stable regiment of anti-seizure medication that had obviously impaired his mobility. Not to mention he was at the time having a difficult time coping with his wife's illness. Anyone care to take a stab on the correlation between the side effects of heavy medication with emotional distress?

Date: June 6, 2012 20:52

Justin
More Hot Rocks

Classy. Using clips from a leg on a tour where we know now that Keith was on a stable regiment of anti-seizure medication that had obviously impaired his mobility. Not to mention he was at the time having a difficult time coping with his wife's illness. Anyone care to take a stab on the correlation between the side effects of heavy medication with emotional distress?

His wife wasn't diagnosed until late 2007 after the tour and this was a year and a half after Keiths accedent. Seen him play like this before the fall. Classy of you bozo. Get your facts straight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 20:53 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: June 6, 2012 20:58

More Hot Rocks
Seen him play like this before the fall.

Doubt it. Care to show any clips where he's was as big of a mess as he was in this video? If you can find a video of equal or crappier quality--the better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 20:58 by Justin.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2012 21:02

Justin
More Hot Rocks

Doubt it. Care to show any clips where he's was as big of a mess as he was in this video? If you can find a video of equal or crappier quality--the better.

There's many a moment during studio sessions where he was worse, even as far back as sixties. grinning smiley

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: June 6, 2012 21:34

they used a click for everything but the B stage and keith'sm ini set....Charlie and Chuck talk about it all the time.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 6, 2012 21:40

dadrob
they used a click for everything but the B stage and keith'sm ini set....Charlie and Chuck talk about it all the time.
i thought chuck is on lead plink so the guitars can keep time.

Date: June 6, 2012 21:43

Slick
dadrob

I don't see Chuck in control here. Do you?

Of course you do.

Date: June 6, 2012 21:52

Justin
Slick
dadrob

I don't see Chuck in control here. Do you?

Of course you do.
looks too scary to click on, sorry i will pass

Date: June 6, 2012 21:57

Lucky for you the Stones had remained a touring band since 1989--- otherwise you'd have nothing to say on this board.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 22:17

dadrob
They talk about it all the time? Can you give us a link where they mention that? Actually, give us 5 links, considering how often they talk about click tracks.

Date: June 6, 2012 22:18

Justin
Lucky for you the Stones had remained a touring band since 1989--- otherwise you'd have nothing to say on this board.
no, i would have found something to laugh about in the beach boys thread lol.

Date: June 6, 2012 22:33

More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
More Hot Rocks

Not album. I said video. It was one from the B Stage.

You have been to shows and have heard the sound problems when they play on the B-stage, right?

Sometimes I think it´s incredible that they are able to play at all, with all the echo and the sync problems with the sound from the speakers on the main stage...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 6, 2012 23:40

Redhotcarpet
Naturalust
Redhotcarpet
video: [youtu.be]

This is something Keith cannot do anymore. I blame it on booze and blow not age.

Ballocks. He could do those two chords in his sleep. Give him time to warm up he will surprise even the disbelievers like yourself. peace

When will he do it?

This year and next. Guaranteed. He will get his chops up and play well enough to get the job done. Yes he may have a bad night or possibly a bad song every now and then and I will gladly give him that flexibility just because of all he has given to me over the years.

As far as playing with Elvis Costello, that fellow is known to have a strage sense of timing. I don't doubt this had something to do with Keith performance.

One important factor all you naysaysers don't have a handle on is what Keith was HEARING when these clips were recorded. Maybe he has/had hearing problems or maybe his monitor mix sucked. You never know. It is beyond stupid to over analyze a couple of clips and conclude that Keith is fried and can't play anymore, imho. peace

Date: June 6, 2012 23:42

Slick
Justin
no, i would have found something to laugh about in the beach boys thread lol.

hahahaha like your opinion on the Beach Boys is of any value. No doubt if you posted there I'd laugh too

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 23:57

More Hot Rocks
jamesfdouglas

That makes total sense. I just noticed in Ronnie's book that the set list with songs and keys and which guitars to use also has a bpm column. For "Happy" it lists "???" which I'm guessing means that it's up to Keith and not technology to determine the tempo for that particular tune.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 02:30

Naturalust
Redhotcarpet
Naturalust
Redhotcarpet
video: [youtu.be]

This is something Keith cannot do anymore. I blame it on booze and blow not age.

Ballocks. He could do those two chords in his sleep. Give him time to warm up he will surprise even the disbelievers like yourself. peace

When will he do it?

This year and next. Guaranteed. He will get his chops up and play well enough to get the job done. Yes he may have a bad night or possibly a bad song every now and then and I will gladly give him that flexibility just because of all he has given to me over the years.

As far as playing with Elvis Costello, that fellow is known to have a strage sense of timing. I don't doubt this had something to do with Keith performance.

One important factor all you naysaysers don't have a handle on is what Keith was HEARING when these clips were recorded. Maybe he has/had hearing problems or maybe his monitor mix sucked. You never know. It is beyond stupid to over analyze a couple of clips and conclude that Keith is fried and can't play anymore, imho. peace

True, there is nothing worse than not being able to hear your own guitar when jamming with others....that also has alot to do with playing alot. You have to get used to listening to other people on stage and after not playing for an extended period of time, you only listen to yourself.....
Again, I think he's rusty, no more, no less.

Date: June 7, 2012 03:09

Justin
More Hot Rocks

Listen to the boot of St Louis and Columbus before the fall. he can't even play the the intro to brown Sugar right. How about the guitar lead from Sympathy from licks. Don't know what show. it was even talked about in Guitar World mag about how bad it was. Keith now sucks. He's just terrible. A joke.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 7, 2012 03:59

Keith's playing has always been a dance between feel and attitude and brass balls - oh yeah and a good buzz. A band that for many years the drummer pretty much followed the rhythm guitarist is no more. Keith can't be followed anymore - it's the truth!!!! It's pretty damn sad but all these elements of his playing have gone and also you have the problems with his fingers and 50 years of hard living.

But then again there was a time when Keith stood next to Charlie and played and carried the band - oh yeah its called musicianship that turned into entertainment, an act and a lot of posing. Could this transformation Hurt his playing? Probably so,.. I think one Keith's best years as a guitar player was in 88' with the Winos, right before the "Vegas Stones". When did the "cool" of his playing go?

Where is the respect for the music? His own songs.. I rather have him play something else , you name it - keyboards, percusion, what ever... But the music comes first... He can play some open G tunes sure... But then what? When was the last time you people heard a good Stones groove onstage - a groove that turns an old song into something new? Maybe I should start smoking some good weed and to listen what some of you are listening and Keith and the band and the millions that will pay top dollar to see the band.

Their going out just to say they did it? 50 years!!! Bla bla bla... What about the tunes man? That Its only rock n roll B stage clip is not far from reality. What would Keith play on the solo of Sympathy? Not the one he played on Shine a light - that was too embarrasing. (jesus christ keith)

As a Keith die hard fan and Stones fan I ish they do just a big gig celebration and say "that's all folks.....

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 04:30

Justin
More Hot Rocks

Guess what...at this 'B' stage of their career...it didn't matter one bit. If I was down there I'd be having a great frigging time...just like everybody else...Cheers

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 7, 2012 14:21

OK so waht really happened to Keith in 2007 because this sounds like he's completely lost repeating three old routine licks.

Posted by: eraser ()
Date: June 7, 2012 15:09

stupidguy2

True, there is nothing worse than not being able to hear your own guitar when jamming with others....that also has alot to do with playing alot. You have to get used to listening to other people on stage and after not playing for an extended period of time, you only listen to yourself.....
Again, I think he's rusty, no more, no less.

True, but most bands gigging above club level have been using IEMs for years now, there's no real excuse for not having a decent monitor mix at this stage in the game...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 7, 2012 15:53

stupidguy2
True, there is nothing worse than not being able to hear your own guitar when jamming with others....Again, I think he's rusty, no more, no less.

Well there is actually..... not being able to hear your own voice while performing for a large crowd I think would be a bit worse. lol I agree sg2, rusty and over analysed is Keith's recent condition.

Funny story....I was once late for a show and showed up while the band was on stage. I ran up there with my dobro, plugged in to the PA and started playing.. Oops, no sound in my monitor...none of me anyway. I finished the next two tunes by just looking at the fret position markers and barring the instrument best I could from memory. The funny thing is that when the recordings were played back days later, those songs were my best performances. lol Maybe it was because I was scared silly and really concertrating on the positions....I was expecting a train wreck but was relieved to hear a decent sounding recording. Of course dobro is different from guitar since when it is sitting on your lap you have great visual access to the fretboard.

Keith is going to play fine for this next round of Rolling Stones shows. Certainly not as well as the 1980's but with a tasteful edge that will have us all smiling and happy at the end of the show. Count on it. peace

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:39

In high school a classmate told me of another classmate's "hilarious" live Stones bootleg from the Mick Taylor days. My classmate told me, "It's the greatest bootleg, because the Stones are starting SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL, and they break down. And then they try it again, and break down again. And then they try it again and break down a third time, after which Mick Jagger starts yelling at the band for being morons and, Can't they get it right?!"

So I guess the Mick Taylor line-up sucked.

Incidentally, here's Bill Wyman (early 80's) in MUSICIAN MAGAZINE: "I think the great thing about the Stones is the simplicity of it—that slightly ragged rhythm that always sounds like it might fall apart by the next bar, but never does. We always have scrappy endings; we play with a kind of pulse that fluctuates between being slightly behind and slightly in front of the beat, but it swings like that. And it works for us."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-07 23:59 by Title5Take1.

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:12

I really think it would just be great to see the Stones live on stage again

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home