Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:35

Mp3 & Stones : crime de lèse majesté

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:43

Fantastic! I like that 1994 version of Jumping Jack Flash. And great to see Keith play in front of the public... great rocking version!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-07 21:44 by Muddyw.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:10

Blockbuster,

It is $4.99 on the Google site for US customers.

Ross

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:19

Link?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:27

Is the Queen's jubilee celebration the holdup on releasing this? We know it's all just sitting there waiting.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:30

Can someone do gather all Warhorses over the last 40 years and start a great poll, please?
It should be nice to get a big voting.
And the results would be a nice surprise to some anti Vegas freaks here, perhaps ... smoking smiley

Here come the Jumping Flash again, so you can view and listen too on this side of this thread:

SAL

Only a few flashes, much more on youtube.

And again: which vintage brings us this old wine at it's best?

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-07 22:44 by HighwireC.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:33

Are our US brothers regularly checking goggle play for an update? I know I go to Stonesarchive and check, but they've all been released on goggle first.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:33

I don't see it anywhere on the google site!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:36

We will just have to wait for the official announcement. Remember it is not even sure if this Toronto 2005 will be the next release.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 7, 2012 23:06

The Rolling Stones - Rough Justice - 2005 OFFICIAL PROMO video released four hours ago:

[www.facebook.com]

Same procedure as ever: some hints, some artwork leaked, followed by video etc ... cool smiley

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 23:07

studiorambo
Are our US brothers regularly checking goggle play for an update? I know I go to Stonesarchive and check, but they've all been released on goggle first.

I've mainly been checking here. Usually as soon as it comes out one of the threads becomes a sticky. But today I did check the Google Play site just out of curiosity, and there was nothing there yet.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 23:09

Great video, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 8, 2012 00:21

I do wish they were going the way the Who is with CDs and DVD releases as well. I've not bought a one of these, as they are downloads only. Now there are holes in the collection.

Date: June 8, 2012 09:35

smoking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 8, 2012 09:43

VoodooLounge13
I do wish they were going the way the Who is with CDs and DVD releases as well. I've not bought a one of these, as they are downloads only. Now there are holes in the collection.

I've got a couple of these, DVDs of Madrid 2006 & the Swansea show in 2007 - excellent souvenirs................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-08 12:33 by EddieByword.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 8, 2012 12:23

HighwireC
The Rolling Stones - Rough Justice - 2005 OFFICIAL PROMO video released four hours ago:

[www.facebook.com]

Same procedure as ever: some hints, some artwork leaked, followed by video etc ... cool smiley

I do not understand. That one is new ? but made years ago ?
Why is it announcing the Phoenix show ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 8, 2012 12:33

toomuchforme

it's not announcing it. they just uploaded an awful lot of official clips on youtube lately and this is just one of them.

Date: June 8, 2012 13:23

toomuchforme
HighwireC

[www.facebook.com]

They have been gathering all the official promo videos on their YouTube-channel and on their Facebook-page - probably for a future release.

Date: June 8, 2012 13:34

DandelionPowderman
toomuchforme
HighwireC

[www.facebook.com]

They have been gathering all the official promo videos on their YouTube-channel and on their Facebook-page - probably for a future release.

They put some, not all !!!, videos on Youtube, step by step, following the bootleg archive releases, step by step. This seems to belong to the 50th campaign. And yesterday they have put Rough Justice from 2005 there ...

But this will be surely no sign ... smoking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 8, 2012 13:36

RobertJohnson
TheBlockbuster

Instead of Toronto 2005 I would like to have the complete Isle of Wight 2007 concert, very good show overall.

Sorry, but this sampled sound is like elevator music ... awkward and embarrassing, and Keith plays exactly the solo which he used to play for twenty years or more on every song ... Please, no ABB "official boot" ...

Yeah what the hell. This is not what I wanna hear. Looks like some damage control done on the ABB-era. Clean up the act for the sponsors, show this to the CEO:s in time for the next tour. See, its ok, not that bad, noone will be offended.

Date: June 8, 2012 13:37

Slick
only difference with all the vegas jjf is where in the set it is played. if they play it in the beginning instead of the end, you don't get the cheesy horn section and you don't see (but you still hear) the three stooges singing back-up. you always get the same phrasing from mick. you always get the same tired riff from woody throughout the song. the only other difference is the song lasts longer when it's played at the end. this is basically true for all the other war-horses, you've heard one vegas version, you've heard them all... big reason why people have come to hate the war horses.

Slick you are right. thumbs up

Date: June 8, 2012 13:46

HighwireC
DandelionPowderman
toomuchforme
HighwireC

[www.facebook.com]

They put some, not all !!!, videos on Youtube, step by step, following the bootleg archive releases, step by step. This seems to belong to the 50th campaign. And yesterday they have put Rough Justice from 2005 there ...

I meant it looks like they WILL put up all - and of course sell them to us very expensively winking smiley

Date: June 8, 2012 13:49

DandelionPowderman
HighwireC
DandelionPowderman
toomuchforme
HighwireC

[www.facebook.com]

I meant it looks like they WILL put up all - and of course sell them to us very expensively winking smiley

thumbs upexactly smiling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 8, 2012 14:52

Redhotcarpet
RobertJohnson
TheBlockbuster

Instead of Toronto 2005 I would like to have the complete Isle of Wight 2007 concert, very good show overall.

Sorry, but this sampled sound is like elevator music ... awkward and embarrassing, and Keith plays exactly the solo which he used to play for twenty years or more on every song ... Please, no ABB "official boot" ...

Yeah what the hell. This is not what I wanna hear. Looks like some damage control done on the ABB-era. Clean up the act for the sponsors, show this to the CEO:s in time for the next tour. See, its ok, not that bad, noone will be offended.

Yes, you're right: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste." This is the auditorium the Stones are acting for meanwhile ...

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: June 8, 2012 14:56

That Rough Justice 2005 OFFICIAL PROMO video is from the DVD that comes with limited edition of Bigger Bang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-08 14:58 by Harry.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 8, 2012 16:31

JohnnyBGoode
I don't see it anywhere on the google site!

I was referring to the previous shows available here...

[play.google.com]

Date: June 11, 2012 08:05

Doxa
Justin
Doxa
The Stones are creatively speaking dead and live just in nostalgia they reproduce with latest stage technology.

...and that's the impression you get even when they do a club show for a hundred people?

The Stones are hostages in their own legacy. Why bother making new music when A) fans will pay ridiculous amounts of money to see them play all the same shite anyway B ) the fans crap on every new song they write C) fans want every new album to be the next Exile. The "nostalgia" is a corner we've all painted them in. They're lucky they can still play JJF because that's the only they give us at this point.

I'm sort of amused that anyone is still treating them as if they're some kind of working band today. They're not. Creatively dead? Well obviously. But after fifty years...what else is there to do? You look at all the issues this band has got going: two primary songwriters that don't work closely together anymore, Mick a guy who's heart is really in other things besides the Stones, a guitar player who is suffering from arthritis and some effects of a head injury...this is a team that's been falling apart.

And in the end I say to all this: who really cares? I don't take any of this stuff seriously anymore. They gave me what I needed and I am completely content. I have no more room. I needed to come to terms with that in order to accept the present. By doing that, all the anger and hostility towards the band faded. When I realized that I didn't need MORE from this band--the scars healed.

Keith's BS, his lazy playing this, that, and the other...who cares anymore? It's all over folks. Anything coming up at this point is a victory lap. Who in the hell would "boo" a runner taking his victory lap after a long, battered race? "BOO!! You suck now! GO HOME!" Arm chair critics is all it is.

The fine line between critics and fan boys is becoming more and more defined around here. The fashionable thing to do is to return the same amount of crap Keith dished out in the last few years and in doing so apparently is some kind of therapeutic cleansing for fans. So...whatever floats your boat!

I think you quite accurately describe the non-relevance of the Vegas Era Stones compared to teh relavance of non-Vegas Stones. I personally think that the time since 1989, and especially since LICKS TOUR has been an extra time given for the band and its fans, but there is not any longer anything to add to the real story. Just the longest farewell/celebration tour ever done (it sarted in 1989). I have enjoyed a lot going to Rolling Stones concerts, seeing my old heroes once again and once agian and once again alive, and meeting other Stones fans, and just having a great time, full of nostalgia, of course. But that's it. Due its non-evolving nature, repeative nature, every concert is about another version of the same concept (the players just getting worse by the years) there is nothing to write home about - that is: to listen it again in the form of some live document. They do not anymore offer musical adventures I get excited in listening at home; juts don't have any longer that "once in a life time" hectic moments of glory, to share that makes one want to listen them again and again.

It's totally different thing when listening bootlegs from their creative, evolving yaers. Almost every concert, every damn lick Keith, Taylor or Ronnie did (not to forget Brian), every Bill & Charlie moment, every Jagger scream, sounded like they were in a process of reaching somewhere they didn't know, nor did us. But they were in a creative process all the time. Moving forwards. No matter how sloppy, now much mistakes they did, it was always exciting. That's something I haven't heard during the Vegas era. I might listen some concert of theirs - I prefer watching - but I never re-listen it again, no matter how "exciting" the set list might be. The question for me is only just (a) being there present and having the experience, or (b) listening it afterwards once, and that's it. I don't feel like owning music that I know I will only listen once in my life. The difference between subjective experience being in concert and listening it 'objectively' afterwards is too big these days, and I rather skip the latter.

That's why I am not much interested in listening to any documents of any Vegas era shows, no matter how 'rare' it is (club, unusual set list, etc.). I guess this new bootleg is great by modern standards because it is an expection to a rule (somehow). But that's not enough for me. I don't download modern shows even for free, so why should I pay for that?

But I hope some "fans" quit their habit of calling names fellow fans who don't think alike. This is not a case of being "foolish" or not.

- Doxa

Doxa +1

Date: June 11, 2012 08:17

Redhotcarpet
Doxa
Justin
Doxa
The Stones are creatively speaking dead and live just in nostalgia they reproduce with latest stage technology.

...and that's the impression you get even when they do a club show for a hundred people?

The Stones are hostages in their own legacy. Why bother making new music when A) fans will pay ridiculous amounts of money to see them play all the same shite anyway B ) the fans crap on every new song they write C) fans want every new album to be the next Exile. The "nostalgia" is a corner we've all painted them in. They're lucky they can still play JJF because that's the only they give us at this point.

I'm sort of amused that anyone is still treating them as if they're some kind of working band today. They're not. Creatively dead? Well obviously. But after fifty years...what else is there to do? You look at all the issues this band has got going: two primary songwriters that don't work closely together anymore, Mick a guy who's heart is really in other things besides the Stones, a guitar player who is suffering from arthritis and some effects of a head injury...this is a team that's been falling apart.

And in the end I say to all this: who really cares? I don't take any of this stuff seriously anymore. They gave me what I needed and I am completely content. I have no more room. I needed to come to terms with that in order to accept the present. By doing that, all the anger and hostility towards the band faded. When I realized that I didn't need MORE from this band--the scars healed.

Keith's BS, his lazy playing this, that, and the other...who cares anymore? It's all over folks. Anything coming up at this point is a victory lap. Who in the hell would "boo" a runner taking his victory lap after a long, battered race? "BOO!! You suck now! GO HOME!" Arm chair critics is all it is.

The fine line between critics and fan boys is becoming more and more defined around here. The fashionable thing to do is to return the same amount of crap Keith dished out in the last few years and in doing so apparently is some kind of therapeutic cleansing for fans. So...whatever floats your boat!

I think you quite accurately describe the non-relevance of the Vegas Era Stones compared to teh relavance of non-Vegas Stones. I personally think that the time since 1989, and especially since LICKS TOUR has been an extra time given for the band and its fans, but there is not any longer anything to add to the real story. Just the longest farewell/celebration tour ever done (it sarted in 1989). I have enjoyed a lot going to Rolling Stones concerts, seeing my old heroes once again and once agian and once again alive, and meeting other Stones fans, and just having a great time, full of nostalgia, of course. But that's it. Due its non-evolving nature, repeative nature, every concert is about another version of the same concept (the players just getting worse by the years) there is nothing to write home about - that is: to listen it again in the form of some live document. They do not anymore offer musical adventures I get excited in listening at home; juts don't have any longer that "once in a life time" hectic moments of glory, to share that makes one want to listen them again and again.

It's totally different thing when listening bootlegs from their creative, evolving yaers. Almost every concert, every damn lick Keith, Taylor or Ronnie did (not to forget Brian), every Bill & Charlie moment, every Jagger scream, sounded like they were in a process of reaching somewhere they didn't know, nor did us. But they were in a creative process all the time. Moving forwards. No matter how sloppy, now much mistakes they did, it was always exciting. That's something I haven't heard during the Vegas era. I might listen some concert of theirs - I prefer watching - but I never re-listen it again, no matter how "exciting" the set list might be. The question for me is only just (a) being there present and having the experience, or (b) listening it afterwards once, and that's it. I don't feel like owning music that I know I will only listen once in my life. The difference between subjective experience being in concert and listening it 'objectively' afterwards is too big these days, and I rather skip the latter.

That's why I am not much interested in listening to any documents of any Vegas era shows, no matter how 'rare' it is (club, unusual set list, etc.). I guess this new bootleg is great by modern standards because it is an expection to a rule (somehow). But that's not enough for me. I don't download modern shows even for free, so why should I pay for that?

But I hope some "fans" quit their habit of calling names fellow fans who don't think alike. This is not a case of being "foolish" or not.

- Doxa

Doxa +1

OK, You don't want to stop bashing The Rolling Stones, again, again and again?
So I've to ask again:

What do you discribe as "relevant" and "creative" concerts? OK, I remember Berlin, Waldbühne 1965 and Altamont 1969. Is that the kind of creativity you want them to celebrate, again and again, now in their 70s?

After Brian lost his "creativity", he joint the 27th-club. Mick, Keef, Bill and Charlie tried to drive on, some of them by using heavy drugs. Is this the kind of creativity and circus you want them to do now again and again, while sitting in the sofa by yourself and watching them in their continual self-destuctions?

And:
I'm a little bit tired about all those "fans", living in the past and are unable to grow up.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: June 11, 2012 12:25

HighwireC
Redhotcarpet
Doxa
Justin
Doxa

- Doxa

Doxa +1

So I've to ask again:

What do you discribe as "relevant" and "creative" concerts? OK, I remember Berlin, Waldbühne 1965 and Altamont 1969. Is that the kind of creativity you want them to celebrate, again and again, now in their 70s?

After Brian lost his "creativity", he joint the 27th-club. Mick, Keef, Bill and Charlie tried to drive on, some of them by using heavy drugs. Is this the kind of creativity and circus you want them to do now again and again, while sitting in the sofa by yourself and watching them in their continual self-destuctions?

And:
I'm a little bit tired about all those "fans", living in the past and are unable to grow up.

Hey man if you are tired about "those fans" i think you can take few days
of holidays or something like that.

And after all it's not so important , if we have 2005 release. or 1969 release we got it , but if i have the choice i'll take 1969 release.

Take it easy HIGHWIRE C , life is beautiful

Date: June 11, 2012 12:49

keith56
HighwireC
Redhotcarpet
Doxa
Justin
Doxa

- Doxa

Doxa +1

So I've to ask again:

And:

Hey man if you are tired about "those fans" i think you can take few days
of holidays or something like that.

And after all it's not so important , if we have 2005 release. or 1969 release we got it , but if i have the choice i'll take 1969 release.

Take it easy HIGHWIRE C , life is beautiful

I'm not everday here on IORR, I took some "holidays", but from time to time I come back an look, what's up now. And almost everytime I can find those crying, complaining, bashing etc.. Most fans seem to believe they will be able to do it all better than The Rolling Stones.

It's ok to me if some fans like this or that a little more, but I see: Most fans like a little to much those bashings and claims, they seem to be unable to say "Thank You!" to The Rolling Stones.

What a drag it is getting old..., but Time Waits For No One, not for us fans and not for The Rolling Stones.

Realize this, please.

And yes: Take it easy, sun is shining, life could be so beautiful ... cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home