Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 4, 2012 12:18

Listening to Some Girls Live, waiting for the next boot. Hope they give us another '78 show before they shut the vault door. Cool groove.

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 4, 2012 14:50

studiorambo
Listening to Some Girls Live, waiting for the next boot. Hope they give us another '78 show before they shut the vault door. Cool groove.

Please no. One is way to much.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 4, 2012 15:54

I think Mick had it right all along. It probably was best to keep the vaults locked until the band was completely unvailable to compete with itself because the fans simply aren't able to stomach both vintage releases and anything they do in the modern day simultaneously.

Releasing some kickass recordings in the last year was a blessing but also a shot in the foot for the band because now every fan thinks they're hotshit because they've just "rediscovered" how badass this band was and how they "don't play like that anymore." Every single one of you fools were all singing the same praises six years ago in the "dark ages" before these archive releases or Keith's book were released, saying how great this band still was. It's a shame that some of you have turned your back on a band on account of some guy's book and his problem with arthritis. Seems a bit fickle if you ask me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 15:57 by Justin.

Date: June 4, 2012 16:12

This show is one of the best Stones shows I've attended, and it dates 2007 - AFTER Keith's accident.

It's only a crappy video clip, but it shows A. A rocking band and B. That Keith was playing again, even taking the solo on Rough Justice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 16:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 4, 2012 16:23

DandelionPowderman
This show is one of the best Stones shows I've attended, and it dates 2007 - AFTER Keith's accident.

It's only a crappy video clip, but it shows A. A rocking band and B. That Keith was playing again, even taking the solo on Rough Justice.

I saw the 2007 concert in Gothenburg just a few days earlier and it was also one of my best shows. Don't have anything against the 2007 european tour but the 2005-2006 part of the bigger bang tour was not even decent.

Date: June 4, 2012 16:24

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman

I saw the 2007 concert in Gothenburg just a few days earlier and it was also one of my best shows. Don't have anything against the 2007 european tour but the 2005-2006 part of the bigger bang tour was not even decent.

I didn't see any 2005 shows, but I catched them in Bergen in 2006. It was a good show, but nowhere near the Oslo show in 2007.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 4, 2012 16:34

Justin
Every single one of you fools were all singing the same praises six years ago in the "dark ages" before these archive releases or Keith's book were released, saying how great this band still was. It's a shame that some of you have turned your back on a band on account of some guy's book and his problem with arthritis. Seems a bit fickle if you ask me.

I don't post that much, but I do feel the need to respond to this post for it's high level of absurdity.

The Stones absolutely were great on ABB tour. I saw 4 shows (Philly, 2- Hollywood Bowl, and LA Forum) and they were all excellent, however no-one who has followed the band for any length of time can say that post "Coconut-Gate", the shows didn't suffer and it was down to Keith Richards. Not "some guy". He is the engine, the heart and soul, blah, blah, blah. They used all the King's men and all the King's horses, but it seems Keith can't be put back together again. Futhermore, since ABB, it's been either silence or honestly, pretty sad demonstrations that can't be glossed over with any amount of love, hope and beer.

As someone who has had more faith in Keith (from when I was 12 and Tatoo You came out) than Jesus, I can assure you I have always bent way past backwards to give Keith the benefit of the doubt, but the evidence is clear and way beyond any reasonable doubt that for a number of obvious and well documented reasons, the man simply can't do it ANYWHERE NEAR the level that he demonstrated just those short 6 years ago.

I don't know who these people are that have "turned their backs on the band", but it ain't me by a long shot. And none of my conclusions have the slightest thing to do with "some guy's book", or the bootleg releases. The arthritis is a huge issue among many others he's facing, but there is nothing at all fickle about any of this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 17:46 by shawnriffhard1.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 4, 2012 16:42

Justin
I think Mick had it right all along. It probably was best to keep the vaults locked until the band was completely unvailable to compete with itself because the fans simply aren't able to stomach both vintage releases and anything they do in the modern day simultaneously.

Releasing some kickass recordings in the last year was a blessing but also a shot in the foot for the band because now every fan thinks they're hotshit because they've just "rediscovered" how badass this band was and how they "don't play like that anymore." Every single one of you fools were all singing the same praises six years ago in the "dark ages" before these archive releases or Keith's book were released, saying how great this band still was. It's a shame that some of you have turned your back on a band on account of some guy's book and his problem with arthritis. Seems a bit fickle if you ask me.

+1
Great post Justin.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 4, 2012 17:03

@shawnriffhard1 - You nailed it. We all want desperately to believe that Keith is capable of peak performance work, but so far nothing has been demonstrated. The last few live performances have been disheartening but I remain optimistic that he can 'get it together' for a final show or two. Maybe he has something up his sleeve that we don't know about, or maybe he's just tired folks!

He is the only member who has truly failed to produce material during the past 6 years. His book is a great read but that has been the highlight. I believe he will produce when he feels like it. Arthritis is vicious but he will battle through it when the time comes.

Bottom line: I don't expect 72/78. I expect 2012/13. I hope they play what they want to play.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 4, 2012 17:05

ABB provided some brilliant shows I saw. Milano was an average starter. BUT Lyon 2007 Paris 2006 and 2007 were great.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 4, 2012 17:07

Its the people who have seen multiple tours that can validate ABB the way I see it.

I have seen several tours, and ABB kicked ass on Voodoo Lounge.
I also think it was better than Steel Wheels.

1981 was the best for me though. That's the barometer.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: June 4, 2012 17:12

oh my god ..... I thought there was more respect for different opinions!

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 4, 2012 17:32

wicked67
oh my god ..... I thought there was more respect for different opinions!

I'll add:
And some little more respect for the different periods of The Rolling Stones ...

smoking smiley

Date: June 4, 2012 17:50

shawnriffhard1
Justin
Every single one of you fools were all singing the same praises six years ago in the "dark ages" before these archive releases or Keith's book were released, saying how great this band still was. It's a shame that some of you have turned your back on a band on account of some guy's book and his problem with arthritis. Seems a bit fickle if you ask me.

I don't post that much, but I do feel the need to respond to this post for it's high level of absurdity.

The Stones absolutely were great on ABB tour. I saw 4 shows (Philly, 2- Hollywood Bowl, and LA Forum) and they were all excellent, however no-one who has followed the band for any length of time can say that post "Coconut-Gate", the shows didn't suffer and it was down to Keith Richards. Not "some guy". He is the engine, the heart and soul, blah, blah, blah. They used all the King's men and all the King's horses, but it seems Keith can't be put back together again. Futhermore, since ABB, it's been either silence or honestly, pretty sad demonstrations that can't be glossed over with any amount of love, hope and beer.

As someone who has had more faith in Keith (from when I was 12 and Tatoo You came out) than Jesus, I can assure you I have always bent way past backwards to Keith the benefit of the doubt, but the evidence is clear and way beyond any reasonable doubt that for a number of obvious and well documented reasons, the man simply can't do it ANYWHERE NEAR the level that he demonstrated just those short 6 years ago.

I don't know who these people are that have "turned their backs on the band", but it ain't me by a long shot. And none of my conclusions have the slightest thing to do with "some guy's book", or the bootleg releases. The arthritis is a huge issue among many others he's facing, but there is nothing at all fickle about any of this.

Well goody for you.

I think it is VERY clear to everyone on this board that Keith is nowhere near the Keith of yesteryear. That is NOT the point. That issue is the most elemtnary aspect of this entire thing. What's going on this board is a far more nastier than that: it's these new breed of fans that are coming on board just to say the nastiest things about Keith and whomever else in the band. Sure it's ALWAYS been present on the board but now it's completely uneven and @#$%&' up the scales around here.

I will be the first to admit that the ABB had very serious issues, I for one, cannot listen/watch to more than 3 or 4 songs off "Shine A Light.' Every little kernel of hope or allowanace I gave Keith up to that point--had been lost. But to see the level of hostility towards Keith at this point because he's sixty-eight-@#$%& years old is just ridiculous.

Opinions are welcome on this board. Cheap shots and insults--even when they're not directed to any specific member of this board---I will not accept either. And that's what my post is about. Totally fine to compare Keith to whatever version of Keith your heart desires--but all this negative energy towards Keith because of his shortcomings...I don't agree with. You want proof...well pick a thread...any thread. Go back and review the threads of Keith playing at the tributes in February...look through this thread...look through the Mick/SNL threads to see the unwarranted Keith shots there. Take your pick!

Go back and look at posts from six years ago and you'll see how much the mood has changed around here. How much has exactly happened since then? A whole lot of nothing, basically. but apparently in the last five or six years, there's been a weird "awakening" on this board and one only has to look at the events of the few years to find out how exactly many people have come to this jaded attitude towards Keith and the band. A quick survey to find out what exactly has happened will proove that any justification for such a switch in attitude is purely for superficial reasons. In the end, this may have NOTHING to do with you, Shawn, or the type of fan you are. It's everyone around us that is annoying the hell outta me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 17:54 by Justin.

Date: June 4, 2012 18:01

Give KEITH a break. He made so much. The band made so much. 50 years... would you be able to move your ass at 69 with excess of a RR life ?? NO.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 4, 2012 18:02

Yeah, different opinions, respect...here we go again!

Bottom line is the ridiculous amount of money it costs to see a Stones show and the risk of destroying their legacy. I am pretty sure that if they (or any of them) is not physically able to "do it" anymore, they simply won't do it because at least the core band of original members Mick, Keith and Charlie will have enough pride to avoid a situation where the band slips into ridicule.

So if they decide to tour or do some shows, I am sure that they themselves believe they could still nail it.

On the other hand - if they shit on their legacy and despite a lack of ability to deliver anything worthwile go on the road just for the sake of another big cash-in, I am also pretty confident that we will notice it.

And that would be the point where I would lose my respect for them. Respect only works in both directions, not just one.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 4, 2012 18:06

But it's all wrong Keith plays far better now than 6 years ago. I am an guitarist myshelf and by judging the existing videos on youtube he has got better since the bigger bang tour.

Date: June 4, 2012 18:06

Actually. This is a messageboard, right? So, let's get people talking. Let's take two strong posts from this very thread.

jamesfdouglas
Mr. Pitiful, Get Up Stand Up - those were from that DVD set Biggest Bang (can't recall, haven't dusted that 'four flicks' seen-it-done-it-knee-jerk cash-in in a few years). I think those are the reason why I avoid playing them. I was embarrased for the band when I saw those. And that slowed-down verison of 19th, I remember them posting a back-patting video on their site about doing that "slowing the tigers down a bit to find that swing, baby, that grooooove". It was along with the other video they put out justifying their fake drums on sympathy.

The whole 2005-2007 experience nearly wiped the Stones out of my heart forever as my respect for the band plummeted ($100 charge for the chance to buy $350 tickets, etc).

I have no desire to punish myself listening to this for free muich less pay for it. And fanboys, please don't take my criticism personally. I know it may feel like it to you; but I'm not knocking youir personal value that you put the band enough to think that this phase of the band is actually good.

shawnriffhard1

James, how can this be? A "fanboy" who says the ABB tour was great yet can still call Keith out on his shortcomings? A fan with an actual fair amount of BALANCE in his judgement? How can this be?? winking smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 4, 2012 18:08

Back to the orignal topic....do we have a release date for "Light The Fuse"?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 4, 2012 18:22

Wow, am I the only guy on this board that was at that show?
I've read people talking about PA mixes with low guitars, what PA mix? It was a club.
You were getting stage volume on the guitars and some PA on the vocals and drums.

This ain't vegas, it's 600 capacity nightclub. Do you see any video screens? Any runways? Any staging at all? Hell, no.

The sidemen were literally that -on the very side of the stage, and they only played part time.
Mostly it's five guys rocking on 20 foot wide stage.

There was no Chuck plinking. Keith played loud and really well. (although I'm no guitar player, I am very well acquainted with the Stones Repertoire).

This was my review the day after (from another forum)

THE INITIAL REALISATION:
I'm not sure if anyone ready my stressed out post from Tuesday afternoon but needless to say the whole experince start with the swelling realisation that it's happening again -The Rolling Stone club show. The first stage of the game is excitment and happiness, but that's soon quickly followed by stomach churning anxiety as the reality sets in that maybe it's a dream that out of reach. Then the fever sets in. It actually feels like a fever, like when you're just starting to get the flu. You're hot, flushed, light headed, nauseous.
You want to eat but you're not hungry. You need to sit but you want run and jump and scream. I think every fan here knows what I mean.
I was stuck at work as the whole thing leaked and my life flashed in front of my eyes as I saw people already lined up on the news.
At around 4, I couldn't take any more and told my boss "I have to go now, you may see me tomorrow but you may not, and can't say what shape I'll be in Thursday either". And I ran out hoping they'd understand.

THE SHOW:

Best ever. Bar none. Since all the VIPS were on the balcony and the lineup people were on the floor is wasn't too, too packed and even ten minutes before the show I was able to get up within ten feet of Keith and MIck. It was way better than the Palais in terms of not being packed in and having the life crushed out of you. I even had a little room to dance.

The lights went down. A rush went through the crowd. Micheal Cohl came out and didn't give a speech just said "Please welcome the Rolling Stones". No big entrance. Keith walked out first, looked at the crowd and his eyes started to well up. He mouthed "Thank you" and had the sweetest smile. Then Charlie stepped into his office and then MIck, Ronnie and the whole gang nonchalantly got in to place.

ROUGH JUSTICE:

"How you doing Toronto!" said mick and the next second it's Rough Justice coming out through the best sound system in existence. Loud as hell,sharp, crisp, all guitars. Keith and Ronnie cutting through the mix like a buzzsaw. This is no "Sad sad dad" folks. This is rock'n'roll at it's finest and the crowd went absolutely, absolutely @#$%& insane. Singing along to it like was off Hot Rocks - Pogoing, screaming, people jumping up and down, girls passing out, I looked over at Tom and saw the face of a mind being blown. All my fatigue went away in an instant and I screamed as well, jumped, and I was in tears -crying with joy -it was involuntary. They sounded so intense, so mean, so focused. Noone was following anyone on stage, there was no posing, no passengers, every band member was leading the charge at once.
Mick shimmyed, shaked, slinked, and sang straight from his gut.
No prisoners. Seriously, I've seen Ladies and Gents when they came out with Brown Sugar, I've seen a lot openers at a lot of shows and this had way more force than any of them.

LIVE WITH ME:

"oh yessss, are we doing okay? Here's an old number called Live With Me". Again - fast tempo. Mick singing higher than on the last tour, right in the range of the original. Keith again not slouching not doing and slash and strum but driving the riff like a frieght train, along with Charlie. The engine was cranked. It was THE SOUND. The sound so many posters have pined for. No plink, guitars at 11, bass for days, Charlie keeping time like a metronome but with a big plate of swing and a side order of soul. Horns blasting like a Stax record, Bobby Keys laying it down. You might see a pattern emerging here.

19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN:

"We're gonna an old number now, but we've reworked it and were gonna do it in a slightly different style, we hope you like it"

The buzz covers the room. "Who, What, What did he say, What is it?"
They kick into a slinky mid tempo bluesly shuffle ,with great Chuck piano I might add, and you could hear the gears working in people's minds. "What is this?" I thought it was Let It Bleed, that's what the intro reminded me of - a slow, groovy Let It Bleed. But then, with a different vocal melody and everything..."When you were a child you were treated kind but never brought up right..." The crowd tried to sing along to the chorus but the arrangement was so different you couldn't quite do it, so then the jumping stopped and evrybody just listened. So cool. Someone missed the cue to end the song and they had to come around for another 12 bars but it was great. Mick looked around at the band like "That's okay....this time".Hopefully this ends up on the b-stage.

SHE'S SO COLD:

Whaaa? Didn't see this coming. Great version that got the groove down. I was a little busy in this one dealing with a crazy blonde who trying to climb on to people shoulders and falling all over the place causing chain reaction shoving so not much detail here.

DEAD FLOWERS:

Mick comes out with the acoustics; "Here's one called Dead Flowers".
Good version but not that standout aside from Keith doing harmony on his mike--which was two feet away from Mick's - they were looking at each other and smiling and that's the closest I'll ever see the old days of Keith'N' Mick sharing the Mike. keith's harmoies were great -he's in strong voice.

BACK OF MY HAND:

"We're gonna do a new blues for you"

This is hardcore blues. Mick on slide, Ronnie on Slide, Keith on B.B.KING detail picking out delicious single notes. I thought this was gonna be some sex double entendre but it's an apocolyptic vision and a descendant of Gimme Shelter in my mind. Full of voodoo, psychics, magic, palm readers,..."I can see it on the back of my hand".
Long solos from Ronnie and, shiver me timbers, a slide workout from Mick. Testify, Testify Mick.

AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG:

After the slow blues back to the party. I can't fully describe how sharp and hammering that opening chord was. Mick prancing evrywhere. waving his arms, exhorting the crowd to new heights. The weave of weaves in the breakdown. I'll keep these briefer now because I realise I'm strating to repeat myself with this "frieght train, engine steaming, riffhard, sounds better than ever" business but it's true.

INFAMY:

"Oh Toronto, you look so good. We've been coming here a lot to rehearse and you're always very welcoming and kind. You give us space when we need it and you also give us enough attention to get our egos pumped up before the tour" Imagine crotch wetting Mick smile here. Big cheers. Then the band intros. Ronnie, who was concentrating like crazy and watching Keith every two seconds lightens up for the first time and does his intro dance for the crowd.
He's a top lad, my British friends would say. Then Charlie. Oh Charlie!
Insane applause that went on for about a minute. Mick had to stop and he just leaned on Keith's shoulder and Mick and Keith put their arms around each other and just watched as the crowd cheered, beaming. "And on guitar, Keith Richards". And the din got even louder to the point where it felt like the the whole club was going to lift off into the air - "Keith, Keith" the chants went on. The love was tremendous.
Again the intense emotion brought tears to my eyes, and again to Keith's. Who just tried to talk but was choked up and had to wipe the tears from his eyes. "What can I say, Thank You Toronto". "This is the best place to rehearse and since it's rehearsals you're all guinea pigs, hah ha, since you're the guinea pigs here's a new one for you it's called...(with deep voice) Infamy". Best Keith tune since Talk Is Cheap- in fact it was the best Winos song ever made. There's a whole story going on in the tune that Keith was acting out. Tom Waitsy, sorta. If Johnny Cash hit the pocket and riffed hard it may sound like this. This is the Keith tune that encapsulates the entire myth.
"You've got in for me. All the infamy". A bridge reminiscent of Before They Make Me Run but the rest is like, again, the best X-Pensive Winos tune ever written.

OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN:

You know what, it's cool but kind of the weak link in my mind.,
It seems they had a bit of trouble with groove. Still rocked but if there was a less than A+++ song maybe this was it. Others may disagree, though.

GET UP STAND UP:

"This was written by Bob Marley and Peter Tosh I believe" (looks at Keith, Keith concurs) Holy shit! Heaven. Transcendant. Spiritual. Life affirming. It went on forever. Jagger was wailing from the soul, possessed, in contact with the great spirits. The song ends six minutes later--then-- Jagger walks up "Yee-O-O-O-, Yee-O-O-O" the crowd instantly responds - Mick the pied piper is leading the crowd through the call-and-response chant that becomes hypnotizing, a high all to itself . I hit an another realm of existence.
Then back in anonther huge jam. The absolute highlight for me.

MR.PITIFUL:

"We're gonna do an Otis Redding song, a fast one"

Can you say 1966? The greatest Chuck Berry cover band becoming the greastest Otis Redding/Mar-Keys cover band. Mick starts to sing into the solo and then walks back to Charlie and changes his lyric in mid-step "This is the supposed to be solo, I must be Mr. Pitiful"
Party time.

TUMBLING DICE:

Yep, it rocked rolled grooved. Ronnie came out on the ramp and his monent of glory on the solo.

BROWN SUGAR:

Rocking version. The crowd messed up and cam ein early on the yeah yeah yeah woo's. I swear I felt these guys were thinking, "Hey, they can blow a cue too, I don't feel so bad about my mistakes anymore"

JUMPING JACK FLASH:

War Horse? @#$%& you! And You. And You! And You! Best rock song ever written is more like it. Most demonic version I've ever heard.
Two words: Keith @#$%& Richards. And then with a big swing of his arms Keith yelled "Let's wrap it up" and on the next bar it was all over but the cheering. Mick, Keith and Ronnie took bows and everyone left the stage. A minute or two of insane chering later the curtains pull back meekly and the Charlie Watts walks out (or was pushed by Mick, Keith & Ronnie?) and walks to centre stage and and does a bow and stands there for a while the greatest applause and cheers shower him with love. Then with a wave and smile he was gone. But the tour has only begun. Boston, you're in for a @#$%& treat. If the Stones are going out, they're going out with the biggest bang!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 4, 2012 18:44

Re : Keith.

I remember when the pictures of his arthritic fingers appeared around ten years ago,or maybe slightly earlier, I thought, as did many here, that it was over for him.Despite having to change his playing style with less constant chord playing and more "fills", Licks was a great tour and Keith came out of it fine.

ABB started ok, but I think the head injury was the game changer. He seemed to age 10 years overnight

I hope he can pull it together again . I hate the hostility that has developed towards him here (I hold my hands up to the odd rant). He's 68 and owes us nothing.

sc uk

Date: June 4, 2012 18:50

in fact I scitto that respect must be given in both directions, and not one that is what the Stones are always good and never wrong, and the rest of the world sucks! are just lies!!

Date: June 4, 2012 18:51

thanks Andrewt for this review before the release tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 4, 2012 18:53

sorry for mistakes but my English is bad! Use the translator!

in fact I've written that respect must be given in both directions, and not one that is what the Stones are always good and never wrong, and the rest of the world sucks! are just lies!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 4, 2012 19:11

Great review, Andrew. Thank you.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 4, 2012 19:16

only 1 keef song so that makes this show better than 99+% of the rest of the vegas trash.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 4, 2012 19:27

Thanks Andrewt. Some insight from someone who has actually heard the performance! A nice change from those proclaiming that this will not even be worth a paltry $5 investment before they have even heard any of it!

Even if you are totally appalled that they would put out a 2005 show as part of this series, it's worth $5 just to contribute to its success in hopes that it will continue beyond the initial 6 releases! Grab it, give it a spin, if you don't like it file it away in your collection. You are only out $5!

If The Stones camp continues to see a lot of downloads they may give us another round, which would likely include some real gems that might not otherwise see the light of day.

Ross

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: June 4, 2012 19:50

erikjjf
Back to the orignal topic....do we have a release date for "Light The Fuse"?

That's true, now the questions are :
1. are we sure that's the new release is "Light the Fuse"
2. when can we download it.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 4, 2012 19:51

Ross
Thanks Andrewt. Some insight from someone who has actually heard the performance! A nice change from those proclaiming that this will not even be worth a paltry $5 investment before they have even heard any of it!

Even if you are totally appalled that they would put out a 2005 show as part of this series, it's worth $5 just to contribute to its success in hopes that it will continue beyond the initial 6 releases! Grab it, give it a spin, if you don't like it file it away in your collection. You are only out $5!

If The Stones camp continues to see a lot of downloads they may give us another round, which would likely include some real gems that might not otherwise see the light of day.

Ross

That's exactly the point. Support this release campaign as good as you can, otherwise we will most likely not get another round of releases (and we won't have anything to whine about in the future...)!

Even if I don't agree with each and every choice they make...hell, it's only a couple of small bucks compared to the huge amount of money I paid for boot collecting in the past decades.

The trick is that paying for supposedly "lesser attractive" releases quite possibly increases the chance of getting some real gems in the future - El Mocambo, 1970/71/72 soundboards, even 60's stuff when ABKCO feels tempted to join the party...

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 4, 2012 20:03

alimente
Ross

Ross

That's exactly the point. Support this release campaign as good as you can, otherwise we will most likely not get another round of releases (and we won't have anything to whine about in the future...)!

Even if I don't agree with each and every choice they make...hell, it's only a couple of small bucks compared to the huge amount of money I paid for boot collecting in the past decades.

The trick is that paying for supposedly "lesser attractive" releases quite possibly increases the chance of getting some real gems in the future - El Mocambo, 1970/71/72 soundboards, even 60's stuff when ABKCO feels tempted to join the party...
disagree. if they sell a lot of this vegas show, you will only end up getting more vegas shows. best to completely boycott this trash, then they will realize that the vintage shows are what the true fans want.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home