Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 3, 2012 14:25

TheBlockbuster

Instead of Toronto 2005 I would like to have the complete Isle of Wight 2007 concert, very good show overall.

They'll have to ask Amy for that ...

And, btw.: All six releases have been choosen and produced already, last year.
All those wishes and "demands" by "fans" are very very useless now.

It's the artists choice.

All we can do is sit and wait for the "bootlegs" The Rolling Stones want us to buy and to listen to ... smoking smiley

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 3, 2012 15:29

shadooby
DandelionPowderman
shadooby
Hopefully they'll at least dub in Keith's guitar since it was pretty much non-existant by then.

What do you mean, he´s very up front in the mix? Didn´t you see the two songs posted in this thread?

I wasn't referring to the volume level rather than how his licks have become so few and far between, most of the time he's just posing. Now Ronnie, on the other hand, still holds his own.

Back in the 80s I saw Ronnie as a liability. Now it's Keith. I don't know if his skills diminished or the fire went out, but he was a big disappointment on the last tour. I cannot even watch Shine A Light.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 3, 2012 16:04

HighwireC
TheBlockbuster

Instead of Toronto 2005 I would like to have the complete Isle of Wight 2007 concert, very good show overall.

They'll have to ask Amy for that ...

And, btw.: All six releases have been choosen and produced already, last year.
All those wishes and "demands" by "fans" are very very useless now.

It's the artists choice.

All we can do is sit and wait for the "bootlegs" The Rolling Stones want us to buy and to listen to ... smoking smiley

Amy? Amy forgetting the lyrics of Ain't Too Proud Too Beg most of the time is not something I would enjoy in perfect stereo!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 3, 2012 17:48

Ready in the ATTIC...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 3, 2012 18:06

Great job again schillid

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: June 3, 2012 19:57

I would like them to release DVDs after this too. But unfortunately for now, it looks like Brussels is the only one without accompanying footage.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 3, 2012 21:12

Rolling Hansie
Great job again schillid

Thanks, Rolling Hansie

Date: June 3, 2012 21:57

HighwireC
All six releases have been choosen and produced already, last year.

Very interesting. Can you tell some more about this ?

-------------------

Date: June 3, 2012 22:38

Rolling Hansie
HighwireC
All six releases have been choosen and produced already, last year.

Very interesting. Can you tell some more about this ?

Use your own ears and eyes and you will see clearly ... cool smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 3, 2012 22:57

Rolling Hansie
Justin
ABB left a huge bad taste in everyone's mouth

Not in my mouth

Not mine either. I think ABB is one of the best. Hate all that ER. Undercover crap. I even don't like Some Girls.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 3, 2012 23:16

If you don't think the Bigger bang tour was crap just listen to this:

[www.rockincd.com]

Date: June 3, 2012 23:21

TheBlockbuster
If you don't think the Bigger bang tour was crap just listen to this:

[www.rockincd.com]

Why ?

-------------------

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 3, 2012 23:23

Well the intro speaks pretty well for the rest of the tour...

Date: June 3, 2012 23:33

TheBlockbuster

Nonsens. Sorry.

Date: June 3, 2012 23:34

TheBlockbuster

Thanks, but I am not interested.
I saw 8 Bigger Bang shows and I was completely happy with those.

-------------------

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: June 4, 2012 00:28

I saw one of my favorite (Dodger Stadium) and one of my least favorite (Anaheim Stadium) Stones shows of all time during this tour. But I didn't witness a club date, so this will be cool!

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 4, 2012 00:44

Rolling Hansie
TheBlockbuster

Thanks, but I am not interested.
I saw 8 Bigger Bang shows and I was completely happy with those.

Hans, do you really mean this or are you just joking? Eight BB-shows! Must be good for the famous Guiness Book.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 4, 2012 01:05

TheBlockbuster

That intro to JJF IS hilariously awful. How could anyone say otherwise? I find it entertaining in a watch-the-train-wreck sort of way. What happened to the first line of the song, too? I guess this one time he wasn't born in the cross-fire hurricane.

Date: June 4, 2012 01:19

kleermaker
Eight BB-shows! Must be good for the famous Guiness Book.

Not a chance. I met lots of fans on that tour (and previous ones) who saw many many many more shows

-------------------

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 4, 2012 01:38

TheBlockbuster

Keith's been bolloxing up songs since ....................someone even made a CD of it......... [liederbluete.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 04:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 4, 2012 02:34

No need to get too concerned. There's bound to be a '72 show sooner or later.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: June 4, 2012 03:57

what are the chances that they continue this into next year and keep releasing shows for the anniversary ?

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 4, 2012 05:16

Wait...because they flubbed the beginning of JJF in Japan, the whole tour was crap? That logic seems both pre-determined and short sighted to me. I mean, did the '81 tour blow because of Street Fighting Man in Philadelphia? Did the She's So Cold debacle in '82 mean that the entire European tour was horrible?

The Stones make mistakes, thank God. If they didn't, they wouldn't be the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 4, 2012 05:49

vermontoffender
Wait...because they flubbed the beginning of JJF in Japan, the whole tour was crap? That logic seems both pre-determined and short sighted to me. I mean, did the '81 tour blow because of Street Fighting Man in Philadelphia? Did the She's So Cold debacle in '82 mean that the entire European tour was horrible?

The Stones make mistakes, thank God. If they didn't, they wouldn't be the Rolling Stones.

I agree with you 100%. Would we judge the whole '72 tour by the opening chords of Midnight Rambler from Vancouver?

But there are more than a few here who think that that intro to JJF somewhow is "great" simply because Keith played it. They simply don't hear the comical ineptitude.

Let's parse it a little finer. Just because an amplified fart into the PA system is from Keith, doesn't mean it's anything greater than a fart--despite the long history of greatness from the farter.

And the intro to JJF at Nagoya is a smelly, disgusting faceful of flatulence.

(And in saying that I make no further comment on the rest of that tour.)

God bless the mistakes they make. It keeps it real. But let's at least acknowledge them as mistakes, and in some cases, as something beyond mistakes: either 1) extreme non-chalance, 2) apathy that disrepects the paying audience, or 3) simple incompetence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 05:52 by rocker1.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 4, 2012 05:54

Ive seen The Stones 51 times since 1975. The best shows were Atlantic City and Columbus both from The ABB tour.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 4, 2012 06:34

More Hot Rocks
Ive seen The Stones 51 times since 1975. The best shows were Atlantic City and Columbus both from The ABB tour.

Really? My faves: Tucson 1978 and Roseland Ballroom 2002.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2012 08:17

I liked both concerts from ABB, Hollywood Bowl (near the beginning of the tour) and Dodger Stadium (the closer for America). But even though I loved the spectacle, and Mick was truly 'on' at Dodger Stadium, I could hear a decline in the level of musicianship. It was the overall concert and good feeling of being with the boys that was important. A music download is only going to highlight their decline. And from the two videos posted, I didn't hear anything to make me think they ripped away 25 years for this one concert.

That's what has been amazing about the 'bootlegs' so far. We've been reminded how elegant Taylor was by Brussels, how good Ronnie was in the 70s by LA 75, and how drop dead good Wyman was by the Hampton 81 show. So, the younger Stones fans get to enjoy the 2005 show. Good for them. That's their Stones and more power to them.

Date: June 4, 2012 08:52

artinis1
what are the chances that they continue this into next year and keep releasing shows for the anniversary ?

Look: Mick and Keef were going through their archives last year willing to release some of The Rolling Stones gigs they loved. They have chosen six dates to start a test. Now here on IORR-bord they can clearly see, how it works: Only a few fans are happy, almost all fans want other releases. At the end: too much people are heavy unlucky with the rollingstonesarchives releases.

So why Mick 'n Keef should do more than the six they have put up to Android ...?

Date: June 4, 2012 10:21

HighwireC
artinis1

Look: Mick and Keef were going through their archives last year willing to release some of The Rolling Stones gigs they loved. They have chosen six dates to start a test. Now here on IORR-bord they can clearly see, how it works: Only a few fans are happy, almost all fans want other releases. At the end: too much people are heavy unlucky with the rollingstonesarchives releases.

So why Mick 'n Keef should do more than the six they have put up to Android ...?

Because they see that a huge amount of fans always ask for a different show, no matter what they release?

When we get a stellar 1973-show, people are very unhappy it wasn't a 1972-show etc. etc.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 4, 2012 11:58

are they updating the STONES ARCHIVE site ?
there are only >... instead of name shows

[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-04 13:30 by toomuchforme.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home