Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jack White says he would like to work with the Stones
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 29, 2012 17:54

Jack White's production and playing on Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose album is absolutely amazing, perfect country blues album.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: April 29, 2012 20:29

mjmjr
flilflam
I heard Jack White at a Stones concert once, and he and his wife/sister (whoever she is) were terrible. I got up and wandered the lobby to get away from all the noise. Jack may be a nice guy, but what I heard that night, several years ago, was pure crap.

Columbus (lick tour) they were terrible.....one of the worst opening acts ever

Disagree. That was the first time I ever heard them, and I went and bought all their vinyls within the next month. The cover of Dylan's "Lovesick" got me.

[www.non-filters.com]

Date: April 29, 2012 22:54

*Jack White says he would like to work with the Stones*

- he already did on Shine A Light where his lousy singing wrecked Loving Cup. no thanks.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 30, 2012 00:24

...Shine A Light was a wreck before Jack White came on stage and long after.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:10

pinkfloydthebarber
*Jack White says he would like to work with the Stones*

- he already did on Shine A Light where his lousy singing wrecked Loving Cup. no thanks.

I thought they did a great version of Loving Cup on Shine A Light. And I'm very grateful to Jack White for bringing this song out as they never play it live.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:42

I also thought he was good on Loving Cup kind of doing the high register Keith on it. The man has talent. His new one, Blunderbuss is fantastic!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:49

C'mon Kowalski, Everybody wants to work with the Stones. Lets see if they want top work together first before thinking someone like Mr. White making this statement is newsworthy. He had his 5 minutes with the band doing Loving Cup and he was lame imho....next! peace

Date: April 30, 2012 06:09

This has as much relevance as it did when it started, this thread, which is ZERO. It will never change.

Date: April 30, 2012 09:02

Naturalust
C'mon Kowalski, Everybody wants to work with the Stones. Lets see if they want top work together first before thinking someone like Mr. White making this statement is newsworthy. He had his 5 minutes with the band doing Loving Cup and he was lame imho....next! peace

Well you might not have liked it, but Jack White has proved that he is not a flash in the pan success, and has certainly had more than five minutes of stardom. And he did not need the Stones for his "five" minutes as he has a large following of youthful rock fans. His new album is selling very well, and is number one in several countries, and is still very VERY popular. And he is creating some fantastic music that holds a lot of cred with critics and fans. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 09:46 by whitem8.

Date: April 30, 2012 13:42

Keith Richards about working with Jack White (in 2009) :

In the meantime, the guitarist recently recorded songs with Jack White. "I enjoy working with Jack," Richards says. "We've done a couple of tracks."

Might White produce the Stones record? "I couldn't fuel that rumor any more than to say Jack and I are in touch," says Richards.

from Rolling Stone mag
Keith Richards on Recording With Jack White

Date: April 30, 2012 16:37

If he is so secure with his own new record and fan base why is trying to buddy up with Keith all the time and starting rumors of working with the Stones, etc.
I'm sorry kowalski and whitem8 this guy just reminds me of another Johhny Depp with a hat and makeup. He just isn't humble enough for me or something.

I'll give him one more chance, one song I'll critically listen to.. your choice. If your goal were to convert me into a JW fan, which single tune would you lay on me? thanks in advance. peace

Date: April 30, 2012 16:52

I could care less if you are a fan and I have no intention trying to persuade you, that is futile. People's opinions and taste are what they are... But your argument that he needs Keith or the Stones to be famous is ridiculous. He isn't following them around waiting for some type of petty handout from them to work with him. He isn't trying to buddy up with Keith but he is a fan and appreciates The Stones. But he doesn't need them, he has his own career.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 30, 2012 17:02

Naturalust
If he is so secure with his own new record and fan base why is trying to buddy up with Keith all the time and starting rumors of working with the Stones, etc.
I'm sorry kowalski and whitem8 this guy just reminds me of another Johhny Depp with a hat and makeup. He just isn't humble enough for me or something.

I'll give him one more chance, one song I'll critically listen to.. your choice. If your goal were to convert me into a JW fan, which single tune would you lay on me? thanks in advance. peace

It was a toss up between Carolina Drama & This:

Date: April 30, 2012 17:49

Naturalust

I think he was only expressing his wish that one day he can work with the Stones. The Stones know who he is (who doesn't actually), they played live together, he already recorded a couple of tracks with Keith Richards (according to Keith) and they share a common love for the same music : the blues. So what's wrong with it?

Naturalust

I'm not the biggest fan of the White Stripes. His other band The Raconteurs did some really cool things. His new album is all good though.

Here's a last week performance that I really liked :

And as a bonus :

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 30, 2012 22:56

Doxa
At this stage of events, it doesn't matter be there be any jackwhites or not in the studio. There is no hope that anyone could say anything to these 95% pensioners if they 'suddenly' decide to bring their asses to the studio together, and do there something. Maybe some 10-15 yaers ago that kind of 'outsider producer' would have made some kind of difference. But now it is naive romanticism and idealism to even think that The Stones would actually bother to make such an artistic driven effort, and listen someone guiding them - the biggest egos in the whole business - in their own game (regads to that I think swiss makes a good point about Keith Richards).

Of course, ideally that would make sense (good music?), but in practice it sounds impossible. The band haven't been for years a "living and breathing band" to make such artistic choices. They don't need to, and they seemingly are not interested.

- Doxa

You said word-for-word exactly what I was thinking reading this thread. SPOT ON.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 30, 2012 23:35

whitem8
I could care less if you are a fan and I have no intention trying to persuade you, that is futile. People's opinions and taste are what they are... But your argument that he needs Keith or the Stones to be famous is ridiculous. He isn't following them around waiting for some type of petty handout from them to work with him. He isn't trying to buddy up with Keith but he is a fan and appreciates The Stones. But he doesn't need them, he has his own career.

I agree, and I don't think the Stones need him either.

With that said, I still think this would be a great idea and has the potential to produce an excellent album.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 1, 2012 01:42

Stones62
Jack White would be a shot in the arm for the Stones. Some new blood in the studio would be great and I think Jack gets what they are (were) about.

drinking smiley

I think a simpatico mind like White's would be great for them.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 1, 2012 03:34

.....Jack White would be amazing for them...he respects the past....what a moment last week at his show in NYC....

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Date: May 1, 2012 03:52

treaclefingers
whitem8

With that said, I still think this would be a great idea and has the potential to produce an excellent album.

Yes I agree. I was responding to the post that made it seem like White is following the Stones around hat in hand begging for a gig with them. That is funny, as he is now at the top of his game and wouldn't need to grovel for a "chance" to produce their massive egos...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2012 05:57

whitem8
treaclefingers
whitem8

Yes I agree. I was responding to the post that made it seem like White is following the Stones around hat in hand begging for a gig with them. That is funny, as he is now at the top of his game and wouldn't need to grovel for a "chance" to produce their massive egos...

yes, to quote 24FPS, we are simpatico!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 12, 2012 13:25

A private show given for french TV Canal+ :
5 songs with the male band :
1. Freedom at 21
2. Missing Pieces
3. Trash Tongue Talker
4. We're Going To Be Friends
5. Weep Themselves to Sleep

and 6 other songs with the female band :
1. Sixteen Saltines
2. Hypocritical Kiss
3. Love Interruption
4. Top Yourself
5. My Doorbell
6. Take Me with You When You Go

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: May 12, 2012 15:00

Naturalust
I'm sorry kowalski and whitem8 this guy just reminds me of another Johhny Depp with a hat and makeup.

Just for the record. Johnny Depp is and always was a fan of the Stones and maybe of Keith in particular. But he doesn't need any of them in any way.
He has a huge fan base of his own,he's making more money than any of the Stones does and he has more press all over this planet than all of the Stones together.

Date: May 12, 2012 15:02

Great stuff! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 12, 2012 15:31

Thank you MAssimo68. Do you know if the musicians male and female are french? Original concept. Although I didn't listen to all of the songs it sounds like the males are hitting harder on the rock numbers.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 12, 2012 19:48

rollmops
Thank you MAssimo68. Do you know if the musicians male and female are french? Original concept. Although I didn't listen to all of the songs it sounds like the males are hitting harder on the rock numbers.
Rock and roll,
Mops

No, they are all americans (from Nashville area if I'm not wrong).

Date: May 12, 2012 21:23

Ok I have to admit I liked that performance of Ball and Biscuit! The guitar tone is good, put a smile on my face. He obviously took more than a few tricks from Jimmy Page. I hear The Lemon Song in this tune pretty clearly. The drummer's style is very cool. Ok, I'm going to listen to the rest of these recommendations.... thanks! peace.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 12, 2012 21:26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-12 22:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 12, 2012 21:43

Crumbling Mice says he would like to work with the Stones....in fact he's happy to work with anybody if they pay.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 12, 2012 22:00

I love most of the music he makes but my favourite at least recently is Dead Weather. Jack is mainly on drums, sometimes sings lead vocals, back up vocals and plays guitar

Date: May 13, 2012 00:08

Ok I'm starting to understand why people like this fellow. I think he was a bit too centered on himself when he did that round table with The Edge and Jimmy Page. I just wanted him to shut up and ask J. Page more questions!

But I just spent an hour listening to clips and watching interviews of him. I take back what I said about him being another Johnny Depp, he is pretty fearless musically. Sometimes he falls on his ass as a result but sometime he really makes something magical.

I respect that kind of musical attitude and courage and I appreciate this thread which brought me around full circle on the guy. Here is an interesting clip from his new record which I am digging. Thanks kowalski and others here. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-13 03:14 by Naturalust.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home