Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2012 20:50

I'd like to see (hear) gigs where the Stones pulled out some special songs like
LA 1973 Benefit or Hyde Park 1969 (complete show).

I'd also like to see shows from the Far East tour of 1973. Perth was a great show.

I also agree with the Brian Jones era shows. We got nothing definitive from that era although it would probable be a lot of work to master-remaster them

You know, let's get something a little different. I agree about the Vegas era stuff too. Don't need them.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 21:05

I know people are often just shouting out what they would want to have released. But then some people seem to actually think we're going to get El Mocambo or something equally rare. It's not gonna happen.

We'll get a well known show in excellent sound quality. If we're lucky, we might get a few tracks that we've never heard. Maybe the first two tracks from Leeds '71 or something like that. Maybe we'll get the 2/20/72 Philly show complete with the missing tracks. Or New York 7/26/72 with the encore. I think that's probably the best we can hope for.

That being said, if they release anything from '89 on.....I really hope it's one of the '95 club shows from London or Amsterdam.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: April 13, 2012 23:02

Yepp I would like the electrified counter to Stripped. The released songs like Tumbling Dice, All Down The Line, Gimmie Shelter and Black Limousine are simply amazing, and if there's more in that league from those shows, I would surely like to get it! There's also the video-footage of Rip This Joint to prove that there's probably some great performances lying about.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: April 13, 2012 23:43

Hello people, what about Chicago double door 97?
With lots of old songs never played for years.
This could be the last time, crazy mama.

Posted by: jimic ()
Date: April 13, 2012 23:49

Whilst the first three releases have been live "in concert" performances. It's a fair assumption the future three will be similar.
However, I am sure they may have some great quality studio out-takes or alternate versions worthy of release which may well be new to us. Just a thought !!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 17, 2012 15:05

Atlantic City '89 ?

Posted today on Stones Facebook :

Date: April 17, 2012 15:16

audun-eg
Yepp I would like the electrified counter to Stripped. The released songs like Tumbling Dice, All Down The Line, Gimmie Shelter and Black Limousine are simply amazing, and if there's more in that league from those shows, I would surely like to get it! There's also the video-footage of Rip This Joint to prove that there's probably some great performances lying about.

Why not release the entire "Stripped Companion"? A brilliant album, imo.

Yeah, the Rip This Joint-version there is fantastic!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 17, 2012 15:37

We want Brian!

Date: April 17, 2012 15:40

Whale
We want Brian!

thumbs up

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 17, 2012 18:09

Would love to see something from 1972 given a Clearmountain clean up - 'Keep Your Motor Running', 'Welcome to New York' and 'Ahmet Ertegun, Thank You Kindly' are all well-known among boot-loving fans.

btw, has anyone watched the LA Forum footage on the Stones Youtube channel? Hoping this is a taster for a future DVD release.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 17, 2012 18:48

Bbc

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 17, 2012 19:42

kowalski
Atlantic City '89 ?

Posted today on Stones Facebook :

Those were my thoughts as well. Now that the 70's have been covered pretty well I expect they'll move on to later stuff. Releasing AC 89 will give a pretty good overview of the Wyman era. I'd be willing to bed that will be the next one. It wouldn't be MY personal choice, but I will be glad to have it all the same I suppose.

If they decide to be kind of enough to give us Brixton or Paradiso 95, or a good No Security show then Christmas will come early for me this year.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2012 20:24

theimposter
[ Now that the 70's have been covered pretty well I expect they'll move on to later stuff. Releasing AC 89 will give a pretty good overview of the Wyman era. I'd be willing to bed that will be the next one. It wouldn't be MY personal choice, but I will be glad to have it all the same I suppose.

If they decide to be kind of enough to give us Brixton or Paradiso 95, or a good No Security show then Christmas will come early for me this year.

For me one 'Vegas' era show is enough. ATLANTIC '89 would sound alright since it is a good show and it has a certain appeal as a bootleg name. But in any case - it needs to have Bill Wyman playing there.

But I think the whole thing of 'archive' releases loses its point if they start releasing some Darryl Jones era shows, no matter what kind of 'rarity' or song selection appeal it has. It is simply no anymore exciting to listen the details, the instrumental parts, the way the band treats the songs, the all over feel and energy, that's been the thrill with the releases so far. People are simply stunned by the greatness of the performances, and discovering things they never knew there to be (partly due to a great mix), and realizing how goddamn hot this band used to be in their peak. Listening those bootlegs released so far has been an exciting study to the nature of classical, living nature of the Rolling Stones sound. The threads we have had so far speaks volumes of that. Even the most cynical fans are mostly excited, and turn out to be poets when describing what they hear there.

But that kind of thrill and excitement is far gone if we are being offered some post 94-shows we know so well and good enough by now. No shit on earth I will get a hard on listening to how Chuck Leavell leads the band here and there and makes such and such sounds with keyboards, or listening Jones's bass and realizing how much I miss Bill Wyman - and I don't even go to guitar department... The thrill of hearing a rare take of some 30/40 yaers old obscurity will last just one listening, and that's it.

I think the Stones also know this. They know where their real treasures are when they are talking about "archives". It is their legacy in question now, and they are filling the gaps they once left. Even though we hardcore fans are the main target here, I suppose they also have a more critical audience (and of future as well) in their mind as well. The post 94 shows basically don't interest anyone else but the most stubborn Stones fans fancying for 'rare' stamps... It doesn't add anything to their legacy. Besides, The Vegas era is so well covered by now with all those DVD releases and all that I don't think they waste their bullets there. Only one just to give some balance in terms of keeping faces, thank you.

- Doxa

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-17 20:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 17, 2012 20:31

I can't see Atlantic City being one of the releases.
Would they not have to give payment to the special guests?

Considering the intro music has been left off the last two, presumably for cost cutting reasons, it just seems a bit unlikely.

If there was anything from the 89/90 period, I would think Wembley or Tokyo 1990 might take priority over Atlantic City.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 17, 2012 20:41

I'm not looking forward to an '89 show. I'll buy it but I'd feel it'd be a missed opportunity--the first one of the series, so far.

They honestly should consider one of the '95 club shows. Even the Brixton show was a very popular title in the boot world--an audience recording, yes but still a popular one. Since they were recording the run of shows during that time--I would expect them to have the multi-track tapes for these. The Paradiso shows were proven to be excellent material--they should give us those full shows.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 17, 2012 20:44

vudicus
I can't see Atlantic City being one of the releases.
Would they not have to give payment to the special guests?

Considering the intro music has been left off the last two, presumably for cost cutting reasons, it just seems a bit unlikely.

If there was anything from the 89/90 period, I would think Wembley or Tokyo 1990 might take priority over Atlantic City.

LA Friday had a special guest...

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 17, 2012 21:05

Well I certainly understand the standpoint where a post-Wyman show would not grab the interest of some fans, and I agree anything from 65-81 is going to be arguably suerior in most cases. But many of us fans have great memories of the last 20 years as well, and I believe there's plenty of justification to release at least one Darryl Jones/Leavell-era show as part of the archives, even if only for perfunctory purpose. Myself I have always wanted to hear the Paradiso show in its entirety, as well as the Brixton run in good quality. Heck, I'd love to see the opening 'Boston Trilogy' from the licks tour as a part of these releases.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2012 21:33

"LA Friday had a special guest..."

dead since 1988. So no royalties to be paid.

So that might be the band's secret plan : releasing Atlantic City when ALL the guests are dead :

Johnny Lee Hooker : RIP
Eric Clapton : 67 now... should not be long.
Izzy Stradlin : turned 50 this year but had a loooong history of drug use. Might speed the demise
Axl Rose : never took hard drugs in his life BUT is completely insane so a sudden demise by suicide is not to be ruled out.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 18, 2012 04:22

theimposter
Myself I have always wanted to hear the Paradiso show in its entirety, as well as the Brixton run in good quality.

Me too! And parts of Paris is very good too! As were some of the 2002 club shows . .

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 08:24

Circus Krone - München 2003 and/or
Vredenburg - Utrecht 2003

would be nice.............

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 18, 2012 09:50

Here's my shortened list of hopefuls.
- El Mocambo
- Paradiso
- Circus Krone 2003
- Anything from 1969,70,71 or 72

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:25

By the looks of the apparel at the archive store, it looks like the remainder will be from 1972, 89 & 94. Which gives me one more interesting boot to go...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:54

Kevinrm15
By the looks of the apparel at the archive store, it looks like the remainder will be from 1972, 89 & 94. Which gives me one more interesting boot to go...

Hi Kevin, I recognized 72 and 89, too ... many shirts from 72, two or three from steel wheels. but which one does link to 94?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 29, 2012 23:12

Leeds University 1971 has got to be one of the six surely?

They've clearly chosen famous bootlegs to release in their own way, and Leeds 71 definitely falls into that category.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 23:22

I thought that Dragon Lounge shirt was from 1994... oops!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 30, 2012 09:43

Kevinrm15
I thought that Dragon Lounge shirt was from 1994... oops!

Might be, I have no idea ....cool smiley

Posted by: johang ()
Date: April 30, 2012 09:53

There is no question that Mocambo and Knebworth are the 2 best shows known to exist, would never rule those 2 out because of the LA surprise.......

Date: April 30, 2012 10:07

johang
There is no question that Mocambo and Knebworth are the 2 best shows known to exist, would never rule those 2 out because of the LA surprise.......

Knebworth is a mess, but a beautiful mess. They won't release that.

Regarding the 2003 club shows, I would rather have Stockholm Circus than Cirkus Krone.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 10:26

I think Knebworth comes off better than the recent LA Friday release. On that one Mick is a mess. Missing cues, singing off time and out of key for a lot of it. He was clearly struggling.

Posted by: stonsik ()
Date: April 30, 2012 10:40

El Mocambo 77
Paradiso 95
Wiltern Theatre, L.A 2002

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home