Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: May 2, 2012 22:23

1967 would be nice, because it's not well documented.

They will probably release a 1972 set (New York or Philadelphia).

And then maybe Atlantic City '89. I'd prefer something like El Mocambo, though.

I hope they won't do any of the post-Wyman shows.

Posted by: bcbud ()
Date: May 3, 2012 10:18

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
The modern era often lacks the right guitar sound. Thin and in the background mixed guitars were recorded on all the boots from '89 onwards, especially on the boots in question Atlantic '89 and Miami '94. Too much prominent Chuck tinkling and so on. So it would be worth to get new versions with more prominent guitars recreating the typical "conservative" Stones sound. But this might be the only benefit, if we get Atlantic and/or Miami. Anyway I would prefer more unknown or still badly documented recordings from the sixties (Brian era, '69/'70 tours), seventies (Mocambo of course) and the '99 tour.

Atlantic City has enough in-your-face-guitars for me:

Ronnie too much in the background for me (his rhythm guitar is great here), not enough channel separation. A sound a little bit too "from far away" + too much echo etc.

Yeah, agree, but all the audience noise is making this sound bigger and less intimate than it really is, I think.

this sounds typical of their generic, over-produced "modern day" (Vegas) sound, which is well represented in the catalogue, starting with Flashpoint; although I have all the latter day recordings, they seldom are played.

the archival releases have been excellent so far, but anything post '81, I'll likely pass ...

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 3, 2012 10:24

bcbud
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
The modern era often lacks the right guitar sound. Thin and in the background mixed guitars were recorded on all the boots from '89 onwards, especially on the boots in question Atlantic '89 and Miami '94. Too much prominent Chuck tinkling and so on. So it would be worth to get new versions with more prominent guitars recreating the typical "conservative" Stones sound. But this might be the only benefit, if we get Atlantic and/or Miami. Anyway I would prefer more unknown or still badly documented recordings from the sixties (Brian era, '69/'70 tours), seventies (Mocambo of course) and the '99 tour.

Ronnie too much in the background for me (his rhythm guitar is great here), not enough channel separation. A sound a little bit too "from far away" + too much echo etc.

Yeah, agree, but all the audience noise is making this sound bigger and less intimate than it really is, I think.

this sounds typical of their generic, over-produced "modern day" (Vegas) sound, which is well represented in the catalogue, starting with Flashpoint; although I have all the latter day recordings, they seldom are played.

the archival releases have been excellent so far, but anything post '81, I'll likely pass ...
I'll happily accept anything, but I'd be most happy with '64 BBC stuff, '67 / '66 concerts and El Mocambo. That's the stuff we're missing most.

Date: May 3, 2012 10:46

Whale
bcbud
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

I'll happily accept anything, but I'd be most happy with '64 BBC stuff, '67 / '66 concerts and El Mocambo. That's the stuff we're missing most.

Agree!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 3, 2012 13:44

DandelionPowderman
Whale
bcbud
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

Agree!

Me, too

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 3, 2012 15:16

if they release anything after 1982 then i will puke...

Brian or Taylor years please...

Date: May 3, 2012 15:17

Eleanor Rigby

What about the 100 Club-gig? winking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 3, 2012 15:38

Eleanor Rigby

How about a compilation of "rarer" songs played in the later years? On some nights, over the years, they played some really great versions of some really great non-war horse songs. Does a bootleg have to be from one night? How about 20 songs from over 30 years.... those special versions of Dead Flowers, Sway... etc etc

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 3, 2012 17:09

Max'sKansasCity
Eleanor Rigby

How about a compilation of "rarer" songs played in the later years? On some nights, over the years, they played some really great versions of some really great non-war horse songs. Does a bootleg have to be from one night? How about 20 songs from over 30 years.... those special versions of Dead Flowers, Sway... etc etc

That should be another project. I've many wishes, too. But I doubt, such projects will see the light in this android bootleg series of six.

But I'm Just Sitting On A Fence ... cool smiley

Date: May 3, 2012 17:17

Max'sKansasCity
Eleanor Rigby

Nice idea, but I would prefer rather complete concerts from the early years. Although the gigs in the Brian era last only about 30 minutes, you can just offer more than one concert only, maybe with the BBC recordings in addition. The Chess recordings are another favorite on my list; maybe there are more outtakes than those which we all know (Key to the Highway e.g.) or B-versions like the fantastic "Mercy, Mercy".

Date: May 3, 2012 17:24

I know(have heard) that they dont read here... but maybe someone does... and that is why I even take my time to throw these ideas "out there"... who knows.... maybe someone... somewhere will read it... dismiss it... but then in 6 months, or a year, think of it... make it their own... push for it... get it done... and then we get it... which is all I want.

I am just delighted they listened/responded/however it happened... and finally...
OPEN THE VAULTS!! a long term IORR battle cry

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 3, 2012 17:37

Max'sKansasCity
I know(have heard) that they dont read here... but maybe someone does... and that is why I even take my time to throw these ideas "out there"... who knows.... maybe someone... somewhere will read it... dismiss it... but then in 6 months, or a year, think of it... make it their own... push for it... get it done... and then we get it... which is all I want.

I am just delighted they listened/responded/however it happened... and finally...

And I know (have heard), that they do read here ..., from time to time, sometimes ... ;-)
And after all those wishfull thinking you'll see: Something is going on and will become true, in some days, months, years ... cool smiley

Date: May 3, 2012 17:39

Max'sKansasCity

Yes, we always get what we want! (maybe tomorrow at least)

Date: May 3, 2012 17:45

RIGHT ON!!! HighwireC and RobertJohnson... cheerssmileys with beer

Posted by: pjs425 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 20:37

Is the Texas '78 CD that came with the DVD/Blu-ray a kind of '78 boot Handsome Girls seems to have most of this material???

I'm hoping for a complete stereo Leeds '71!

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: May 4, 2012 00:23

I think I would feel most excited about a '69 show now. I'll pay for whatever they release, but '69 has such an awesome groove and pace. Would love another document of it. That said, it's criminal if there's not a NY or Philly '72 release scheduled. Can't get excited about Leeds '71.

Date: May 4, 2012 00:33

Also, is there any reason why Altamont wouldn't be released, aside from ABKCO issues? The distuption to the show was relatively minor, lasting across 2 songs. Mainstream press and media would report the official release of this show, bringing the band some attention and undoubtedly additional sales.

I just can't get excited about 1971 shows unless it's got CYHMK.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 4, 2012 00:35

El Mocambo.

Date: May 4, 2012 01:09

studiorambo
Also, is there any reason why Altamont wouldn't be released, aside from ABKCO issues? The distuption to the show was relatively minor, lasting across 2 songs. Mainstream press and media would report the official release of this show, bringing the band some attention and undoubtedly additional sales.

I have an issue with Altamont. I can't forget that Meredith Hunter was stabbed to death during UMT. And this is the reason why I will never hear Altamont again. Can't hear it without thinking of this murder. Till today this crime is not clarified further.

Date: May 4, 2012 05:44

I guess I just don't feel for thugs, criminals, and people brandishing weapons in public. I'd love to hear the whole show in great stereo quality. They can cut UMT if they feel it necessary. Otherwise, Oakland or Boston from '69 MUST breathe air.

Posted by: Anderson ()
Date: May 4, 2012 09:16

A 69-show, a 70 show and a 72-show in top notch sound quality would be th three shows I'd want, as we now have 73, 75, 78 and 81 out there/here officially, in great quality. If another two were to be released, gimme an 89 show and a 71 show. I am sort of afraid anything from 62 - 67 will be hard to get into great shape sonically due to the recording-, an live sound technology, or lack of rather, back then.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 4, 2012 09:39

If you listen to the Musicorama tapes you cannot say it is sonically bad

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: May 4, 2012 10:09

studiorambo

Same here, but keep in mind that CYHMK on this tour was described as a trainwreck by both Bill and Bobby. Wild Horses with Taylor, However, would have been really interesting...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 4, 2012 11:55

I still think the Voodoo Lounge tour has the best options at this moment for the next bootleg.
Main reason for this thought is they did not publish a real live album (Stripped was something
special in the "unplugged" hype) from this tour. And I think it was an interesting tour with
a strong emphasis on the guitars and some interesting setlists.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: May 4, 2012 12:03

"Modern" era wishes:

- Atlantic City 89
- Amsterdam, Paradiso 1995

Date: May 4, 2012 12:04

marcovandereijk
I still think the Voodoo Lounge tour has the best options at this moment for the next bootleg.
Main reason for this thought is they did not publish a real live album (Stripped was something
special in the "unplugged" hype) from this tour. And I think it was an interesting tour with
a strong emphasis on the guitars and some interesting setlists.

They did release Live In Miami, though, the concert video.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2012 12:39

Muddyw
"Modern" era wishes:

- Atlantic City 89

Well, if I am facing the gun, and that's the only option (Vegas era) - I would pick up those two, too. But in both cases I rather would like to have a proper DVD release instead. I suppose Paradiso show is caught totally on cameras as well?

- Doxa

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: May 4, 2012 12:45

I think it will be Koln (Cologne) 2006.

Date: May 4, 2012 12:51

Doxa
Muddyw
"Modern" era wishes:

- Atlantic City 89

Well, if I am facing the gun, and that's the only option (Vegas era) - I would pick up those two, too. But in both cases I rather would like to have a proper DVD release instead. I suppose Paradiso show is caught totally on cameras as well?

- Doxa

From this era I would strongly suggest "Stripped Companion".

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 4, 2012 13:46

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Muddyw
"Modern" era wishes:

- Atlantic City 89

- Doxa

From this era I would strongly suggest "Stripped Companion".
I think it's not in our interests to howl any thing else here than the 3 I mentioned before ( 1964 BBC, 1966 / 1967 concert, El mocambo ) but if we are to act against our own interests I would not disregard the double door. Quite excellent from what I heard on the bootleg.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home