Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Date: April 30, 2012 10:47

whitem8
I think Knebworth comes off better than the recent LA Friday release. On that one Mick is a mess. Missing cues, singing off time and out of key for a lot of it. He was clearly struggling.

As far as I remember, he did the same act for the Knebworth show. However, on Knebworth Keith is clearly out of it - at least on a lot of songs.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 30, 2012 11:52

Speculating about the next release is almost more fun than listen to them ... love it!thumbs up

Date: April 30, 2012 12:00

Honestly, I think they owe us a Brian-era show. What about Honolulu 1966 in good quality?

Charlie's intro of The Last Time a long time after they had played it is priceless here! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 12:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 30, 2012 12:29

DandelionPowderman
Honestly, I think they owe us a Brian-era show. What about Honolulu 1966 in good quality?

Well, they 'ought to combine the available soundboards to make it worth a purchase: Honolulu, L 'Olympia '65 etc. it'd be great that way.

Date: April 30, 2012 13:14

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Well, they 'ought to combine the available soundboards to make it worth a purchase: Honolulu, L 'Olympia '65 etc. it'd be great that way.

Absolutely! thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 30, 2012 15:56

DandelionPowderman
Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Absolutely! thumbs up

I agree, maybe the BBC recordings in addition, too ...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 30, 2012 17:43

All the ones mentioned are great, but I really would like to hear more Brian stuff. Just what it would be, I don't know. We have the Rock n Roll Circus.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: April 30, 2012 17:57

Capitol Theater, Port Chester, NY 1997

Double Door, Chicago, IL 1997

Roseland Ballroom, NY, NY 2002

Madison Square Garden, January 1998 compilation

Europe, 1970

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: April 30, 2012 18:37

Yes, the modern Stones era is over-represented. We need more releases from the early years, anything before 1971 would be good. They must have a few recordings which will never see the light of day if never released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 18:38 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 1, 2012 00:08

Roseland 2002 would be great.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 1, 2012 03:24

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I think they might not release anything post Steel Wheels for this bootleg thing. I think they are aiming for nostalgia, and since they've already only spanned an 8 year period with the releases, I suspect we'll get a Brian era release, an 89/90 release and maybe '71? I suppose there could be a Voodoo era release, maybe the unused Tokyo bits before the Stripped release, but with Biggest Bang and 4 Flicks I just don't see anything that recent popping up as one of these digital releases. If I had to guess (????) I'd say we're in for '71 Leeds, '66 Honolulu and a mystery gig of some sort... which would make me quite happy.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 1, 2012 12:39

Hi, in the "hot stuff" forum they discuss an official list, posted sometimes somewhere last autumn:

Oakland '69
Brussels '73
L.A. '75
Hampton '81
Atlantic City '89
Miami '94

Three of them are done ... anyone here knows more about this source?

Date: May 1, 2012 12:53

Why would anyone choose modern day shows ? We already have them in top quality.
70/71 and a top Brian show IMO. Oh, and El Mocambo.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 1, 2012 14:48

Palace Revolution 2000, what are you naming the "modern day shows" in the year 2012 ... ? grinning smiley

Another question:

Was there an announcement about six "bootleg releases" from stonesarchives or was it an announcement about the american google android market deal only and can we live in hope for some more stonesarchives bootleg releases, worldwide?

And one more question:

Will there be only downloadable releases by the stonesarchives or will The Rolling Stones do some more and addiditional releases from there archives on CD and DVD/Blueray, too?

cool smiley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: May 1, 2012 19:13

DandelionPowderman

Charlie's intro of The Last Time a long time after they had played it is priceless here! >grinning smiley<
Wow - I just listened to most of this. It's fantastic! I missed Charlie's comments, though - might've been getting more coffee. Can you tell me where in the clip it is so I can cue it up?
Cheers!!smoking smiley

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 1, 2012 21:12

I think they need to do six more and cover all the bases.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 1, 2012 22:23

If they'll release only three new ones yet, one of them HAS to be from the Brian era. The other two from the Taylor era (70 and 71). No more Ronny Stones please.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 1, 2012 23:26

muenke
Hi, in the "hot stuff" forum they discuss an official list, posted sometimes somewhere last autumn:

Oakland '69
Brussels '73
L.A. '75
Hampton '81
Atlantic City '89
Miami '94

Realistically speaking it's very likely we'll get this. They're all well-known boots, except for maybe Miami. Wasn't Miami the show used on the Voodoo video?

Date: May 2, 2012 12:08

HighwireC
Palace Revolution 2000, what are you naming the "modern day shows" in the year 2012 ... ? grinning smiley

Another question:

Was there an announcement about six "bootleg releases" from stonesarchives or was it an announcement about the american google android market deal only and can we live in hope for some more stonesarchives bootleg releases, worldwide?

And one more question:

Will there be only downloadable releases by the stonesarchives or will The Rolling Stones do some more and addiditional releases from there archives on CD and DVD/Blueray, too?

cool smiley

Modern day shows? Anything from '94 onwards. Reason I don't say from '89 onwards is because in '89 Bill was still aboard. Also the 89 tour is not as heavily booted as the later ones.
I tried to use the term 'modern day' because I hate the term 'Vegas era Stones'.

But to be realistic I do believe that list in this very thread to be pretty accurate; the one that mentions Miami 94 and Atlantic City 89.

Date: May 2, 2012 12:13

Whale
muenke

Oakland '69
Brussels '73
L.A. '75
Hampton '81
Atlantic City '89
Miami '94

Realistically speaking it's very likely we'll get this. They're all well-known boots, except for maybe Miami. Wasn't Miami the show used on the Voodoo video?

Miami is already officially released on VHS/DVD, so I doubt they'll release this show again...

Oakland and Atlantic City seem like very realistic choices, though.

Date: May 2, 2012 12:30

memphiscats
DandelionPowderman

Wow - I just listened to most of this. It's fantastic! I missed Charlie's comments, though - might've been getting more coffee. Can you tell me where in the clip it is so I can cue it up?
Cheers!!smoking smiley

Charlie is about to introduce one of the songs. Was it Paint It Black? I don't remember exactly where it was, but Mick had a good laugh at it anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 2, 2012 17:23

I don't hope for Oakland69 as it was quite a weak show only benefitting from the famous bootleg.

Date: May 2, 2012 18:39

The modern era often lacks the right guitar sound. Thin and in the background mixed guitars were recorded on all the boots from '89 onwards, especially on the boots in question Atlantic '89 and Miami '94. Too much prominent Chuck tinkling and so on. So it would be worth to get new versions with more prominent guitars recreating the typical "conservative" Stones sound. But this might be the only benefit, if we get Atlantic and/or Miami. Anyway I would prefer more unknown or still badly documented recordings from the sixties (Brian era, '69/'70 tours), seventies (Mocambo of course) and the '99 tour.

Date: May 2, 2012 18:41

RobertJohnson
The modern era often lacks the right guitar sound. Thin and in the background mixed guitars were recorded on all the boots from '89 onwards, especially on the boots in question Atlantic '89 and Miami '94. Too much prominent Chuck tinkling and so on. So it would be worth to get new versions with more prominent guitars recreating the typical "conservative" Stones sound. But this might be the only benefit, if we get Atlantic and/or Miami. Anyway I would prefer more unknown or still badly documented recordings from the sixties (Brian era, '69/'70 tours), seventies (Mocambo of course) and the '99 tour.

Atlantic City has enough in-your-face-guitars for me:

Date: May 2, 2012 18:57

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

Ronnie too much in the background for me (his rhythm guitar is great here), not enough channel separation. A sound a little bit too "from far away" + too much echo etc.

Date: May 2, 2012 19:01

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

Ronnie too much in the background for me (his rhythm guitar is great here), not enough channel separation. A sound a little bit too "from far away" + too much echo etc.

Yeah, agree, but all the audience noise is making this sound bigger and less intimate than it really is, I think.

Date: May 2, 2012 19:07

LA Friday works on me, still. In my opinion this is the "archetype" of "right-in-the-face-guitars".

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 2, 2012 20:23

CousinC
I don't hope for Oakland69 as it was quite a weak show only benefitting from the famous bootleg.

thumbs up and remember there's no pro recoding for this one, only the Bill Graham raw soundboard...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 2, 2012 20:42

What do you mean with that?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 2, 2012 20:47

dcba
CousinC

thumbs up and remember there's no pro recoding for this one, only the Bill Graham raw soundboard...

. . which to my ears is even more terrible! There are much better shows (from 69 as well) that we could hope for.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home