Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: April 9, 2012 03:40

MrEcho
Ross
So, following the trend of tying in with the most popular bootlegs, I would guess that the next 3 releases would parellel the remaining 3 most popular boots from tours that have not already been represented. So what are the remaining boots that fit that criteria?

Welcome To New York '72 - It would be great to have the whole show with the Clearmountain treatment. If not this from "72, then maybe one of the Philadelphia Specials or Happy Birthday Nicky? '72 is a must! (I know, HB Nicky is '73 but a carryover from '72)

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out '71 - I think this, with the missing opening tracks restored and a stereo Clearmountain mix, would be revelatory!

Liver Than You'll Ever Be '69 - The one that started it all. Maybe not likely given it's similarity to GYYYO, but certainly fits the criteria of popular bootleg from a tour not yet represented.

If not one of these, then what? AC '89? I hope not, but if it must be, Im sure a little "Clearmountaining" will make it better. Of course the remaining "holy grail" would be El Menudo, which wasn't a very popular bootleg but only because the quality was so bad.

What are the other possibilities based on this criteria?

I agree, but did they record Oakland 1969 (the "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" show) professionally? As far as I know there is only the audience recording from the bootlegs, but the show was not recorded by the band, so there are no soundboards/multi-tracks in the vaults that they could use.

No, it was recorded professionally and broadcast, at least partly, on the radio. It was a mono SBD mix, and circulates as "Oakland 69." It is incomplete, and the sound quality of the boot is not too great.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 9, 2012 08:08

tkl7
MrEcho
Ross
So, following the trend of tying in with the most popular bootlegs, I would guess that the next 3 releases would parellel the remaining 3 most popular boots from tours that have not already been represented. So what are the remaining boots that fit that criteria?

Welcome To New York '72 - It would be great to have the whole show with the Clearmountain treatment. If not this from "72, then maybe one of the Philadelphia Specials or Happy Birthday Nicky? '72 is a must! (I know, HB Nicky is '73 but a carryover from '72)

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out '71 - I think this, with the missing opening tracks restored and a stereo Clearmountain mix, would be revelatory!

Liver Than You'll Ever Be '69 - The one that started it all. Maybe not likely given it's similarity to GYYYO, but certainly fits the criteria of popular bootleg from a tour not yet represented.

If not one of these, then what? AC '89? I hope not, but if it must be, Im sure a little "Clearmountaining" will make it better. Of course the remaining "holy grail" would be El Menudo, which wasn't a very popular bootleg but only because the quality was so bad.

I agree, but did they record Oakland 1969 (the "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" show) professionally? As far as I know there is only the audience recording from the bootlegs, but the show was not recorded by the band, so there are no soundboards/multi-tracks in the vaults that they could use.

No, it was recorded professionally and broadcast, at least partly, on the radio. It was a mono SBD mix, and circulates as "Oakland 69." It is incomplete, and the sound quality of the boot is not too great.

That's true. But I really hope it's not Oakland '69. Another '69 show from later in the tour, sure......but Oakland '69 would be anticlimactic considering we have superior stuff from the Ya Ya's deluxe edition.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 9, 2012 09:25

I wonder if there is still the complication of Abkco rights to anything up to 1972 ?

I seem to remember that the idea for 72 live album with Stevie Wonder tracks was pulled at the time because of this.

sc uk

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 9, 2012 11:02

Oakland '69 was recorded on multitrack by Bill Graham, so it does exist. Hopefully a live release of 1970. The Paris shows were recorded.

Date: April 9, 2012 17:12

Tumblin_Dice_07
tkl7
MrEcho
Ross

That's true. But I really hope it's not Oakland '69. Another '69 show from later in the tour, sure......but Oakland '69 would be anticlimactic considering we have superior stuff from the Ya Ya's deluxe edition.

I love the version of Under My Thumb from 1969, both in the medley with I'm Free and as a standalone. So glad when it turned up on the deluxe. The version on the Oakland boots is actually from San Diego. I really wish that they could have done the Ya Ya's deluxe set so that the order of the songs was true to the setlist. That said, I would still like to see a 1969 boot.

Date: April 9, 2012 17:14

straycatuk
I wonder if there is still the complication of Abkco rights to anything up to 1972 ?

I seem to remember that the idea for 72 live album with Stevie Wonder tracks was pulled at the time because of this.

sc uk

There seems to be 1972 merchandise on Stones Archive, which would seem to indicate...

Date: April 9, 2012 21:28

The newly discovered 1975 Montauk rehearsals 3 cd set. They will surprise all of us.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 9, 2012 22:35

withaheadfullofsnow
The newly discovered 1975 Montauk rehearsals 3 cd set. They will surprise all of us.

I think the last thing Jagger will want us to hear is pre-tour rehearsals. That's what a basket of dirty laundry is to a world-class hotel. Plus at Montauk they were breaking in Ronnie and rumour says it didn't go down so well...
(remember that during the June1 Baton Rouge pre-show dress rehearsals Jagger hit Ronnie out of anger and frustration...)

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 9, 2012 23:07

I'm guessin '89 and '94 will be following soon.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 9, 2012 23:51

There is one steel wheels tshirt in the apparel section of stones archive .com
So I'm guessing 1989-90

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: April 10, 2012 23:22

I do not think they´re going to put out another 69 recording because of the release of GYYYO,special edition. We have a whole set in superb sound qualitiy.

Another 78-concert makes no sense, we have some girls live in texas.

London 1990 has been recorded professionally for a radio broadcast.
Why not?

In the mid sixtees several concerts been recorded for radio too.
For example: Olympia, Paris (several shows) and a show in Australia.

Leeds would be great transistion from 69 to 72.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 10, 2012 23:32

If they intend to release any post89 stuff there should be no reason why it can't be any of the club shows form '95. A lot of them were recorded for "Stripped" so it isn't impossible to hope for a complete show from Paradiso or Brixton.

Posted by: Richards1978 ()
Date: April 10, 2012 23:34

I'd like something more " recent " just like Saitama 2006, which was truly Awesome !

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:33

I bet for el Macabeo 77, Knebworth 76, Atlantic City 89, Amsterdam 94 (or is it 95??), 1997's Chicago's double door............NY or Philadelphia 72, Leedes 71...........

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:36

Y'know , I'd like to hear the show from Hershey , PA from the ABB tour I saw 7 shows and this one was by far the best I saw on that tour .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2012 01:38

withaheadfullofsnow

Havent heard of this? is it on any torrent sites?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 11, 2012 02:07

Knebworth - I know they wont but still

Or a 1976 document including the On the road docu.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 11, 2012 11:12

I just had a look at the "t-shirt section" on stonesarchive.com. Besides the 81, Brussels and 75-stuff they have plenty of shirts from 72 and one from the steel wheels tour. I´m pretty sure this is no accident ....

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 11, 2012 11:43

tkl7
straycatuk

sc uk

There seems to be 1972 merchandise on Stones Archive, which would seem to indicate...

Maybe they have a revenue-sharing agreement with Abkco?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 11, 2012 11:44

In my opinion they should release everything in a huge box, and also stuff from 1964 >>>>>>>

2 1 2 0

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:03

Listening to Paris 1967 now, there's a load of bum notes, going out of time, some instances of where's 1? guitars and dulcimer out of tune etc...

Given the above will mean this won't, if they even have tapes from it, be part of these 6 stonesarchive/googlemusic releases. Tis a glorious racket, but I don't believe Mick would allow such a raw performance to be released.

They played better in 1966. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-11 23:26 by His Majesty.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:20

muenke
I just had a look at the "t-shirt section" on stonesarchive.com. Besides the 81, Brussels and 75-stuff they have plenty of shirts from 72 and one from the steel wheels tour. I´m pretty sure this is no accident ....

This probably means New York City 1972, Atlantic City 1989 and ...

Date: April 11, 2012 23:29

Gazza
withaheadfullofsnow

Havent heard of this? is it on any torrent sites?

No absolutely not. If it exists it's hoarded or it circulates among high-level fans only.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 12, 2012 01:47

His Majesty
Listening to Paris 1967 now, there's a load of bum notes, going out of time, some instances of where's 1? guitars and dulcimer out of tune etc...

Given the above will mean this won't, if they even have tapes from it, be part of these 6 stonesarchive/googlemusic releases. Tis a glorious racket, but I don't believe Mick would allow such a raw performance to be released.

No, I think Mick will decide that all the Brian-era shows are too raw, too short, or not available in good enough quality (unless they have something we know nothing about, and that doesn't seem to be what this boot series is all about). Or the show is owned by somebody else (TAMI, the NME performances, the BBC and other radio stuff). Just too much like hard work, when there are so many later things that are so much easier.

Yes, it is a glorious racket, isn't it.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 12, 2012 03:19

I'd like to see El Mocambo or something from the European tours of 1966-67 in good quality

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 12, 2012 09:16

Come On
In my opinion they should release everything in a huge box, and also stuff from 1964 >>>>>>>

I laughed a lot

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 18:40

His Majesty

I'd still want it , and they released LA friday , plenty bumnotes there , not to mention forgotten lines by mick and keiths missing half bar in happy !

Date: April 12, 2012 18:49

"not to mention forgotten lines by mick and keiths missing half bar in happy"

Try to get the version of "Happy" played at the last NYC show (June 27). Both Mick and Keith are hoarse/out of breath so at one time NOBODY sings in the mike (then Mick covers Keith's ass).

Quite disturbing when you listen to this for the very 1st time...

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 13, 2012 14:20

After the 1972-73 tour, KR sings happy in a very peculiar and sloppy way. Some times he misses some bars, lyrics or sings totally out of tune

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 13, 2012 19:42

Altamont!
(No they won't release it)
But some great stuff there! A hot Satisfaction and one of the best Little Queenies ever . .

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home