Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: April 6, 2012 18:24

What could be the next three official bootlegs?

I think the following are strong contenders:

Leeds 1971

New York City 1972

Atlantic City 1989

Maybe:

UK 1965/66

1967 would be nice, but did they tape any of the shows professionally?

1969/70 (which of those shows were recorded professionally?)

What do you think?

Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 18:34

I know the 1969 MSG, Boston and Baltimore concerts were recorded professionally. I could see a complete 1969 concert being released if ABKCO signs off on it, but it would probably use different shows so that the Ya'Ya's material would not be duplicated.

I would love for the next releases to include both 1970 and 1971 shows though, since that era is so poorly represented.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 6, 2012 18:42

The fact that every time a new 'bootleg' is released the Stones upload interviews on the release with Mick and Keith filmed in August and September 2011 would suggest that the six releases were all selected a long time ago. It would appear that any notions of online 'campaigns' being of any use are a bit futile.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 6, 2012 18:49

Yes, our "requests" for El Mocambo 77 was useless, as the recordings were allready picked out....not that they'd care much for IORR anyway; or....who knows

Based on their 3 releases untill now; I'd say that there's a BIG chance we'll be getting....

Welcome To New York 1972 (and if not NYC....then "Philadelphia Special" )
Leeds 1971

....after that; "Happy Birthday Nicky", "Liver Than Youll Ever Be", "Atlantic City 1989", "Out On Bail", "Live In Memphis 1978" would be good guesses; as they are among the most famous ever RS live bootlegs.

MSG 1972 would be awesome - if it's the real show in SBD quality. Memphis 1978 would also be great, since we only have 2 songs from Memphis, as is (the bootlegs are all misdated). Perth 1973 would be neat as well....since the bootleg is missing 6 tracks. The rest....disappointing.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 18:51

The first three have all been professional versions of long-widely circulated and popular bootlegs. I would not expect any big surprises (such as a pristine 1970 show). Leeds, Atlantic City '89 etc are the probable candidates.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:03

Right, the next three will be again common/known boots in hq, and this is more than OK! But why should they "close" stonesarchive.com after the next 3 releases? i know, the deal with googlemusic is about 6, but perhaps they are free to release more stuff on their own website, at least i hope so ...

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:04

El Macombo, both shows. AKA The Holy Grail.We KNOW they were professionally recorded.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:15

Essen 1970
Coventry 1971
El Mocambo 1977

HMN

Date: April 6, 2012 19:26

Gazza
The fact that every time a new 'bootleg' is released the Stones upload interviews on the release with Mick and Keith filmed in August and September 2011 would suggest that the six releases were all selected a long time ago. It would appear that any notions of online 'campaigns' being of any use are a bit futile.

A man can dream...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:35

cbtaco19
The first three have all been professional versions of long-widely circulated and popular bootlegs. I would not expect any big surprises (such as a pristine 1970 show). Leeds, Atlantic City '89 etc are the probable candidates.

But the LA75 show is new to all of us in mixing board quality.
Brussels was a show none of us had either...apart from a few hissy tracks.

Only Hampton was 'predictable'.

Let's give The Stones people some credit for that at least!

Date: April 6, 2012 19:37

Munichhilton
cbtaco19

Yes the "sources" are obviously new; but "Brussels Affair", "LA Friday" and "Hampton 81" are all among the VERY most famous boot-titles; which is interesting, as it gives us a good idea of what the future releases;

So the point is that a 1970 show or something like that will not appear in the next 3 releases

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:41

Gazza

He's right, but here's what I'm hoping for...
- El Mocambo
- the best they have of '72
- Knebworth '76

And here's what I'm actually expecting
- Atlantic City '89
- Miami '94 (hey why not, it's already been mixed for DVD once - less work for them, right?)
- Something that doesn't artisically matter at all from 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 - whatever it's all the same at this point.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: April 6, 2012 19:45

jamesfdouglas
- Atlantic City '89
- Miami '94 (hey why not, it's already been mixed for DVD once - less work for them, right?)
- Something that doesn't artisically matter at all from 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 - whatever it's all the same at this point.

No shows/bootlegs after 1981 is actually "legendary" or real known to the common guy, except Atlantic City 89. So I no longer expect anything (apart from AC 89) of the shows you mention there or anything else from after 1978

Date: April 6, 2012 19:48

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
cbtaco19

Yes the "sources" are obviously new; but "Brussels Affair", "LA Friday" and "Hampton 81" are all among the VERY most famous boot-titles; which is interesting, as it gives us a good idea of what the future releases;

So the point is that a 1970 show or something like that will not appear in the next 3 releases

Well, if they are really clever, they will hold something like El Macarena or a 1970 show for the last release in the series. So it's not really ouot of the question entirely.

Date: April 6, 2012 20:00

tkl7
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
cbtaco19

Well, if they are really clever, they will hold something like El Macarena or a 1970 show for the last release in the series. So it's not really ouot of the question entirely.

of course nothing is impossible. it would be a "nice gift" to us "hardcore fans" indeed

Date: April 6, 2012 20:01

Erik_Snow
jamesfdouglas
- Atlantic City '89

No shows/bootlegs after 1981 is actually "legendary" or real known to the common guy, except Atlantic City 89. So I no longer expect anything (apart from AC 89) of the shows you mention there or anything else from after 1978

Are you actually implying the The Stones have a sense being able to realate to what their fans think is legendary??

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:02

tkl7

Dammit tkl7

You know how much I hate that

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:05

The releases so far would suggest that theyve done their homework pretty well for a change.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:12

So, following the trend of tying in with the most popular bootlegs, I would guess that the next 3 releases would parellel the remaining 3 most popular boots from tours that have not already been represented. So what are the remaining boots that fit that criteria?

Welcome To New York '72 - It would be great to have the whole show with the Clearmountain treatment. If not this from "72, then maybe one of the Philadelphia Specials or Happy Birthday Nicky? '72 is a must! (I know, HB Nicky is '73 but a carryover from '72)

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out '71 - I think this, with the missing opening tracks restored and a stereo Clearmountain mix, would be revelatory!

Liver Than You'll Ever Be '69 - The one that started it all. Maybe not likely given it's similarity to GYYYO, but certainly fits the criteria of popular bootleg from a tour not yet represented.

If not one of these, then what? AC '89? I hope not, but if it must be, Im sure a little "Clearmountaining" will make it better. Of course the remaining "holy grail" would be El Menudo, which wasn't a very popular bootleg but only because the quality was so bad.

What are the other possibilities based on this criteria?

Posted by: marko ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:14

Something from 1982 tour would be nice,to really hear the difference between 81-82.

Date: April 6, 2012 20:18

marko
Something from 1982 tour would be nice,to really hear the difference between 81-82.

Love this one!
[rocknrollingstones.blogspot.ca]

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:22

It seems to me that they have recorded all shows professionally since '69 (the most at any case). So it would be a nice idea I think to offer a monthly flat rate to all fans to download one after another when this shows were professionally mixed. In a few years we've got all shows in perfect sound quality.

Date: April 6, 2012 20:28

RobertJohnson
It seems to me that they have recorded all shows professionally since '69 (the most at any case). So it would be a nice idea I think to offer a monthly flat rate to all fans to download one after another when this shows were professionally mixed. In a few years we've got all shows in perfect sound quality.

Yes, I would even pay for some monthly subscription, but I assume that it would be very time consuming for Bob C.

Date: April 6, 2012 21:41

jamesfdouglas
Erik_Snow
jamesfdouglas
- Atlantic City '89

Are you actually implying the The Stones have a sense being able to realate to what their fans think is legendary??

Obviously. Take a look at their 3 releases so far

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 6, 2012 21:57

El Mozambique-ooh! smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: April 6, 2012 22:29

No Elmocombo I dont think so, seems they are going with arena/stadium shows, also doing boots that are almost perfect so no much mastering to do.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 6, 2012 22:36

tipps
No Elmocombo I dont think so, seems they are going with arena/stadium shows, also doing boots that are almost perfect so no much mastering to do.

audience isn´t really "almost perfect" ....

Date: April 6, 2012 22:51

muenke
tipps

audience isn´t really "almost perfect" ....

And most of the official Brussels was never heard before.

Date: April 6, 2012 23:03

Erik_Snow
jamesfdouglas
Erik_Snow
jamesfdouglas
- Atlantic City '89

Obviously. Take a look at their 3 releases so far

I hope you're right. Either way, yeah I agree that it seems they're all already chosen. The only Vegas-era show I would want isn't Atalantic City. It's "Seventh of July". The BEST Vegas boot I've ever heard.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 6, 2012 23:38

Nobody mentioned 1978 yet?
Quite logically it could be 78 : nothing from this tour has ever been officially released and it seems the purpose of the SA is to fill the gaps in the live discography... that's why got a show from 75 and one from 73 : "filling the gaps" indeed.

IF vol.IV is from 78 vol.V might be from 1982 right? thumbs up

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home