Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THE BEST BOXSET EVER RELEASED?
Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 30, 2012 07:11

lot of great ones mentioned

I will add the Complete motown singles box sets, I believe there are ten or twelve 1959-1970 and

THe Anthology of American Folk Music

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 30, 2012 08:03

The Rolling Stones are like the famous ketchup bottle when it comes to boxsets: First there is nothing, then nothing and then everything! You wonder why it took them so long to release boxsets and extra material, especially since there are lots of money to be made from it. In the 70s and 80s you were pretty much directed to boots if you wanted something more than the regular releases. And that was much more expensive for the fan than, probably, the most expensive boxsets.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2012 08:12

................. Shook all the way home after pickin' this baby up in the early 90's ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 30, 2012 10:43

Hairball
Bob Dylan - Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series Vol. 8 (Deluxe)

Includes:
* two-CD set with 27 songs
* exclusive bonus CD with 12 extra tracks
* 150-page, 8" x 8" hardcover book of Bob's singles artwork
* 60-page booklet with rare photos, essay, credits.

for the music, yes, for the price no. it was about hundred bucks more for just one cd. and the pictue book with the 7" artwork ist just a rip off, i never met anybody who liked it and saw the sense why this was on a bootleg series collection wich had nothing to do with 7"s

Date: March 30, 2012 12:27

Genesis put out some very good Box Sets. of course I am talking Genesis with Gabriel.
Their early albums had been mixed and mastered very poorly, so they had them remixed and mastered by true fans.
There is Archives 67-75 with live material
and the Genesis 70-75 with all Gabriel era albums redone with the treasures being unreleased early tracks, live "Lamb" and "Supper".

I also like the Creedence Boxset a lot which is essentially everything they ever did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-30 12:28 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: March 30, 2012 12:30

I see Trojan sets mentioned. Which ones are those? Because I have a few, but I'm pretty sure there are several more.

Date: March 30, 2012 13:13

ROCKMAN

Date: March 31, 2012 07:09

the zz top chrome, smoke and bbq boxset almost was a winner but too few unreleased/rare tracks. it has a great boxset shaped like as smokehouse. the cd's come in plastic jewel cases inside the roof. it has some cardboard cutouts, a nice informative booklet and a flip book that shows the band performing some of their famous stage moves. it has almost every song a zz top fan needs and it contains the original mixes of the 70's material not the redone 80's stuff. it is missing a few tunes that should have been on there ("back door love affair", "shakin your tree", "hot blue and righteous and "party on the patio".

the problem is it only contains a few rare tunes a real zz top fan would care about. 3 tunes by gibbons pre zz top band THE MOVING SIDEWALKS, the first zz top single "salt lick/"millers farm" which was a non lp single, a live b-side version of "cheap sunglasses" and the spanish version of "francine" plus a DEGUELLO album radio commercial. not a lot to make someone who already owned the zz top catalog go buy this. it also has 4 other b-sides but they are dance remixes of 80's zz top tunes. honestly who wanted those?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 07:11 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: March 31, 2012 07:53

ROCKMAN

Date: March 31, 2012 07:59

for sure Faces Five Guys Walk into a Bar.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home