Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Rolling Stone: Keith Apologies to Mick
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2012 20:02

whiskey
Look at Keiths fingers, looks like he had problem fingers even that early and still done great things since. Go mate.

Those are muscles whiskey, not arthritis. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 21:13 by Naturalust.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 16, 2012 20:13

treaclefingers
scottkeef
I dont see what needs to be forgiven myself.

Even Keith sees what needs to be forgiven...maybe you should read the book.

I've read the book and I thought he was pretty easy on all concerned and he was as hard on himself as anyone else. Maybe everyone could be a little less of a panty waist about it...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 16, 2012 20:33

whiskey
Look at Keiths fingers, looks like he had problem fingers even that early and still done great things since. Go mate.
Gee, then it's not arthritis - just natural from birth.
They'll be back on tour 13 stronger than ever...hot smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 16, 2012 21:53

I dont wanna be that guy but imho you are all reading too much into this. They are business partners not friends. Legendary famous stars who share a past and a career. Mick probably includes Brian among the important figures who helped shape his early career while Keith pretends Mick is his brother and now they are to be friends again. I start to think Mick really is like a father or mother to Keith.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 16, 2012 22:43

Rockman
always thought parts of LIFE were just a thinly disguised love letter to Mick

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 16, 2012 22:54

I think both men, probably since Andrew Loog Oldham locked them in the kitchen together, have had their ups and downs.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 16, 2012 23:46

O, reading the thread title I thought he apologized to Mick Taylor. But perhaps he does so later. Who knows.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2012 00:04

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2012 00:30

scottkeef
treaclefingers
scottkeef

I've read the book and I thought he was pretty easy on all concerned and he was as hard on himself as anyone else. Maybe everyone could be a little less of a panty waist about it...

The fact that you've read it and don't understand, leaves me to believe you don't understand. Understand?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 17, 2012 00:43

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 17, 2012 01:39

treaclefingers
scottkeef
treaclefingers
scottkeef

The fact that you've read it and don't understand, leaves me to believe you don't understand. Understand?
The fact that you don't leave room that someone may have a different opinion than your's ( or others for that matter) leaves me to believe theres is much YOU dont understand. Understand?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 17, 2012 01:48

kleermaker
O, reading the thread title I thought he apologized to Mick Taylor. But perhaps he does so later. Who knows.

What does he have to apologise to Taylor about?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 17, 2012 02:00

In 1980 Keith and I were not communicating well. Mick says. No wonders 81 sucked so bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 03:24 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 17, 2012 02:01

His Majesty
kleermaker

Besides a few public less than complimentary cuts I would think some money and songwriting credit matters could be content for such. But then again one-on-one relationships fall under a different set of rules when both people are famous. One good smile and a heartfelt hug, in front of say 300,000 people would probably do the trick. peace

Date: March 17, 2012 02:02

More Hot Rocks
In 1980 Keith and I were not communicating well. Mick says. No wonders 81 sucked so bad.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 17, 2012 02:07

Naturalust
His Majesty
kleermaker

Besides a few public less than complimentary cuts I would think some money and songwriting credit matters could be content for such. But then again one-on-one relationships fall under a different set of rules when both people are famous. One good smile and a heartfelt hug, in front of say 300,000 people would probably do the trick. peace

Song writing credits? Lol.

Date: March 17, 2012 03:20

More Hot Rocks
More Hot Rocks

I agree More Hot Rocks. 81 did suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 03:21 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: March 17, 2012 03:23

More Hot Rocks
More Hot Rocks
More Hot Rocks

I agree More Hot Rocks. 81 did suck.

I agreee also. ER, Undercover and Dirty Work were sure signs of what can happen when things start falling apart. Terrible crap

Date: March 17, 2012 03:27

shortfatfanny

No Keith....Mick didn't. You screwed it up again as always. How many times are you gonna f*&^ up up the intro to Brown Sugar? And quit pointing at my cymbal. I know what I'm doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 03:30 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 17, 2012 04:57

hot stuff
Mick is a 1st class guy...Wow what a great guy..If countries could forgive and move on like Mick we would
all be better off.. ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

....I had a similar reaction...good for them both if they have been able to forgive each other and rekindle their friendship...not easy....Mick really stepped up here... as did Keith for admitting what he did.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 17, 2012 14:04

"Sorry, pal.. hahahahha.... you can keep the money, pal... hahahha"

- Doxa

Date: March 17, 2012 16:53

scottkeef
treaclefingers
scottkeef
treaclefingers
scottkeef

The fact that you don't leave room that someone may have a different opinion than your's ( or others for that matter) leaves me to believe theres is much YOU dont understand. Understand?

you've said that "I dont see what needs to be forgiven myself"...IMHO that statement is you saying that you don't understand.

Please leave room for 'other opinions' if you're going to venture that for others to consume on a message board. You have a right to your opinion of course, as I have a right to mine. In my opinion you don't seem to have a full grasp, so I suggested you read the book. A bit surprising that you say you actually have read the book.

I'm perplexed as to your lack of understanding what the issues are between them, but that is your thing.

Date: March 17, 2012 17:21

shortfatfanny

Has anyone figured out just who or where Keith is looking? He's looking in two places at once.

Date: March 17, 2012 17:48

Doxa
"Sorry, pal.. hahahahha.... you can keep the money, pal... hahahha"

- Doxa

He's like a slightly whack old uncle...can't help but smile seeing that shot.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: March 17, 2012 18:37

Max'sKansasCity
"He also triggered the “Todgergate” row – which led to Sir Elton John and Pete Townshend leaping to Sir Mick’s defence, insisting he had much to be proud of in the trouser department."

Now that's what I call going from bad to worse...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 17, 2012 19:54

I always though that "Tiny Todger" crap was more demeaning of Keith than Mick (whether it's true or not) it was really very childish

The guys fathered 7 children by 4 beautiful women, that's man enough for me

As for Elton John and Pete Townsend leaping to Mick's defence... was this after the boy scouts camping holiday together?

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: March 17, 2012 20:10

He certainly looks better without the eyeliner and whatever on his head.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 17, 2012 20:22

His Majesty
Naturalust
His Majesty
kleermaker

Song writing credits? Lol.

No man, naturalust is right. Taylor got royally ripped off for his great input. He was more than a bit part player during his tenure. It wouldn't have broken Keith's bank to cut Taylor in on the copyright of a few songs he helped shape up.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: March 17, 2012 20:30

exhpart
I always though that "Tiny Todger" crap was more demeaning of Keith than Mick (whether it's true or not) it was really very childish

The guys fathered 7 children by 4 beautiful women, that's man enough for me

As for Elton John and Pete Townsend leaping to Mick's defence... was this after the boy scouts camping holiday together?
thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 17, 2012 23:09

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
shortfatfanny

Has anyone figured out just who or where Keith is looking? He's looking in two places at once.

wow,eagle eye...Keith could be blamed for REM at least.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home