Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Rolling Stone: Keith Apologies to Mick
Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:18

Re: Rolling Stone: Keith Apologies to Mick
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:54

He and I have had conversations over the last year of a kind we have not had for an extremely long time and that has been incredibly important to me.

YEP always thought parts of LIFE were just a thinly disguised love letter to Mick pleading to get the Stones back to where they use ta be...

Maybe Keith achieved what he wanted from LIFE ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:58

Say hello to our seventh sticky!

A nice little section there...this should be a taste of what we can expect from the upcoming documentary. I hope some scars have finally begun to heal during their "talks" in the last year. They both have held on to some grudges over the years.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:01

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 16, 2012 08:16

It's the front page story of the Daily Mirror in the UK.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 16, 2012 08:35

Thanks SD... how about lets save people a click...

I, for one, would like to pat Keith on the back for cutting the crap and saying he is sorry.... and I applaud Mick for accepting... and now we can all move on. I know doing this is harder than it looks/sounds/seems but this is what real men do when the greater good is at stake. Cheers to the Glimmer twins smileys with beer

=====================================================

[www.mirror.co.uk]

It was a feud that threatened to end a 50-year friendship – and break up the world’s greatest rock band.

But last night Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards revealed they have kissed and made up – and are looking forward to getting back together for a Rolling Stones reunion tour.

The fiery rockers finally settled their differences during a heart-to-heart meeting in New York.

The row began after Keith made a series of attacks on Sir Mick, 68, in his tell-all 2010 autobiography, Life.

It included a claim that the superstar singer had a “tiny todger”.

But now the pair, who met at Dartford railway station in Kent as teenagers have agreed that life’s too short to let the rift continue.

Sir Mick said last night: “Looking back at any career you are bound to recall both the highs and the lows.

"In the 1980s, for instance, Keith and I were not communicating very well.

“I got very involved with the business side of the Stones, mainly because I felt no one else was interested.

" But it’s plain now from the book that Keith felt excluded, which is a pity.

“Time, I reckon, to move on.’’

Keith, also 68, added: “Mick’s right. He and I have had conversations over the last year of a kind we have not had for an extremely long time and that has been incredibly important to me.

“As far as the book goes, it was my story and it was very raw, as I meant it to be.

“But I know that some parts of it, and some of the publicity, really offended Mick and I regret that.

“What some of our detractors forget is that although we look like old codgers living an ocean apart we are still at bottom the boys on platform 3 at Dartford station.’’

Mick gently corrected him: “Er... actually, Keith, it was platform 1.’’

In his best-selling autobiography, Keith, accused Mick of being “unbearable” and claimed they had not even shared a dressing room for 20 years.

He also triggered the “Todgergate” row – which led to Sir Elton John and Pete Townshend leaping to Sir Mick’s defence, insisting he had much to be proud of in the trouser department.

The pair’s bury-the-hatchet session now virtually ensures a 50th anniversary tour

Original bass player Bill Wyman, who quit in 1992, was involved in secret jamming sessions in London last December.

Keith revealed: “On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy – I set it up really as a magnet, you know.”

Sir Mick added: “It went very well. We played a lot of blues and out takes of Some Girls and things like that.”

The duo are even talking about studio sessions, starting as early as next month. “I’ve got plenty in the locker here, but it’s not on tape,” said Keith.

“We’ll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side.”

Both say they will be living in New York “for a while”. Keith added: “We’re planning to get things going... again.”

But they insist the Stones’ “real” Golden Jubilee won’t be until 2013.

Keith explained that drummer Charlie Watts, 70, didn’t join the band until 1963.

He said: “We look upon 2012 as 50 years since the inception, but 50 years since the birth is actually next year.”

The Stones’ last album Shine A Light was released in April 2008. Their last tour, A Bigger Bang was in 2005-2007.

The band have collaborated with the Mirror to produce a photo-book, Rolling Stones: 50.

They are also planning a documentary including previously unseen footage.

==========================================================

BRAVO MEN... I cant wait to see what you do next smiling smiley

PS
and a piece of advice for the for the rest of us....
dont tell people that your friends have tiny todgers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 08:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 16, 2012 09:00

OK, I did wrong Mick...!!!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: March 16, 2012 11:41

Look at Keiths fingers, looks like he had problem fingers even that early and still done great things since. Go mate.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 11:45

hope it's all true but what a relief to read that !

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:09

This seems to be an actual diaglogue between the two in that Mirror article (cf regarding the platform at Dartford). Most of the interviews that featured both the twins (like at the time of the SG reissue) were actually two interviews compiled to one.

Still, Mick will have to do with halve an apology. First, Keith doesn't actually apologize. Second, he regrets that Mick was offended by his 'raw story', but he still says the story is the way he wanted it to be. He doesn't say his remarks in Life were wrong, wrongly interpreted or anything of the like.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:26

wait till proudmary gets wind of this story........

Re: The Department of Credit Where Credit Is Due
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:34

Come On, Terry O'Neill took that beautiful photo of Keith.
it's always fitting to credit the photographers when we post their work

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:35

Limbostone
This seems to be an actual diaglogue between the two in that Mirror article (cf regarding the platform at Dartford)...

Sentimental old fool that I am I found that bit of the interview quite moving.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:53

Good, now he can make peace with the original Rolling Stone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 13:31 by His Majesty.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 16, 2012 15:31

Actually he should get on his knees and apologize to the one person that kept the Stones going and did put up with Keith's shit all these years,without ever knocking him in public....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:03

The most encouraging part of this story is that it seems Mick & Keith were being interviewed together. Can anyone remember the last time that happened?

Sounds like they are singing the same tune. A very positive development.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:49

Yeah, Mick my have have put up with Keiths shit but if you stack up each solo work against the other its plain to see who needed who the most. In my mind's eye this is how I see a Keith apology to Mick.."F-ck you, ya old @#$%&..now lets play"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:54

great shot from the London Palladium, HM - that was some good acid!
do you know who took it? the photo that is - it's quite plain who took the acid :E

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:01

with sssoul

do you know who took it?

I'm afraid I don't know.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:05

whiskey
Look at Keiths fingers, looks like he had problem fingers even that early and still done great things since. Go mate.

Good catch! I never had noticed that before...he is quite knuckly!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:07

Mick is a 1st class guy...Wow what a great guy..If countries could forgive and move on like Mick we would
all be better off.. ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:50

I dont see what needs to be forgiven myself.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:54

Rockman
He and I have had conversations over the last year of a kind we have not had for an extremely long time and that has been incredibly important to me.

YEP always thought parts of LIFE were just a thinly disguised love letter to Mick pleading to get the Stones back to where they use ta be...

Maybe Keith achieved what he wanted from LIFE ....

I always thought it's been all about unreturned love . .

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:06

ROPENI
Actually he should get on his knees and apologize to the one person that kept the Stones going and did put up with Keith's shit all these years,without ever knocking him in public....

If they can move on can't we?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:15

As far as the book goes, it was my story and it was very raw, as I meant it to be, but I know that some parts of it and some of the publicity really offended Mick and I regret that. <Keith>

So did Keith finally finish his apology letter?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:41

Keith's apologised enough as far as Mick is concerned, and that's what matters. The war appears to be over, thank goodness. But some people will never be satisfied on his behalf...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:49

scottkeef
I dont see what needs to be forgiven myself.

Even Keith sees what needs to be forgiven...maybe you should read the book.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:23

Thank Goodness!

Lets hope this means these pseudo therapy sessions Keith has with the media over Jagger are finally over.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:31

Good stuff to hear and about time. They are no different to you or I and other guys and women who have long friendships. We all say things in the heat of the moment, imagine what it's like for them with every word scrutinised, twisted and publicised. Sure Keith probably went too far with his stupid todger comment but it's hardly a capitol crime between two very old partners in crime. This just about confirms there will be shows in some form and in some place.World Tour? I still doubt that, but at this stage we should be glad of any live offerings.

Really cheered my day up reading this.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:41

crumbling_mice
Good stuff to hear and about time. They are no different to you or I and other guys and women who have long friendships. We all say things in the heat of the moment, imagine what it's like for them with every word scrutinised, twisted and publicised. Sure Keith probably went too far with his stupid todger comment but it's hardly a capitol crime between two very old partners in crime. This just about confirms there will be shows in some form and in some place.World Tour? I still doubt that, but at this stage we should be glad of any live offerings.

Really cheered my day up reading this.

Quite so !

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home