Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2012 22:42

hey that's fine ..13 is more the Stones kinda number
And another year'll give us all time ta get our hair lookin' good...

ROCKMAN

Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013- Keith's health a concern
Posted by: R ()
Date: March 14, 2012 22:43

Stoneage
"A top concert-business source confirms the reservations over Richards’ condition and suggests that it is more likely that the band will avoid traveling in favor of camping out in major cities for multinight runs in arenas, similar to Prince's recent stands in New York and Los Angeles".

Not trying to be a wise guy, but I remember proposing this idea about a year ago on this forum. Of course I was "gunned down" by some of the regulars here.

That makes two of us.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 14, 2012 22:43

I hope the documentary is honest, but fair towards Brian. Hopefully Keith off loaded a most of his bitter crap in his book saving the mature introspective stuff for this documentary. grinning smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 14, 2012 22:56

andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle
March 14, 2012 10:00 AM ET
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform in 2007.REUTERS/Andrea Comas /LandovBelow is an abridged version of a story that appears in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, issue 1153 with Bruce Springsteen on the cover.

The Rolling Stones will not tour to mark their 50th anniversary this year, Rolling Stone has learned after separate interviews with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. "Basically, we’re just not ready," says Richards. Instead, 2013 is the new goal. "I have a feeling that’s more realistic," he adds.

Stones insiders say that one reason for the delay is Richards' health, which has raised questions about his ability to make it through a worldwide tour. A top concert-business source confirms the reservations over Richards’ condition and suggests that it is more likely that the band will avoid traveling in favor of camping out in major cities for multinight runs in arenas, similar to Prince's recent stands in New York and Los Angeles.

The Stones are already considering offers: The band asked for proposals from promoters AEG, Live Nation and longtime Stones promoter Michael Cohl. "We're drilling down on this new proposal," says the source.

The band may not be touring, but they will be busy through the end of the year with projects including new studio sessions and a major documentary. According to Richards, the Stones will begin rehearsing for a studio session as early as next month. "We’ll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side," he says. "I’ve got plenty in the locker here, but it’s not on tape."

The news comes after the band gathered in a London studio in December and played together for the first time since the final night of the marathon two-year Bigger Bang tour in August 2007. Making the occasion even more special, former bassist Bill Wyman sat in for the first time since he left in 1992. "We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that," says Jagger. "It went very well."

Adds Richards, "It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know."

In the meantime, fans will get their Stones fix from the upcoming documentary, out in the fall, which will trace the band's entire 50-year journey and is packed with unseen footage and unreleased music. "Nobody has put the story together as a narrative," says the movie's director, Brett Morgen, who made 2002's The Kid Stays in the Picture. "We've been looking under every rock going through their archives. It will be music never heard before, and I've conducted 50-plus hours of interviews so far. By the time we're done, they will be the most extensive group interviews they've ever done." Says Richards, "He told me 80 percent of the footage has never been seen before, which amazes me. I didn't know there was that much around."

Despite holding off on touring this year, the band is still buzzing from reuniting with Wyman. "We're back in touch, which is great, because I hadn't really spoken to him for years," says Richards. Will Wyman rejoin the group on the road in 2013? "I think he's up for it," Richards says. "We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

And Richards points out that next year works just as well for an anniversary trek. "The Stones always really considered '63 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts] didn't actually join until January," Richards says. "We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."

For the full story, read the March 29th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone, available on stands and in Rolling Stone All Access March 16th.

This is so sad but it´s what i´ve said all the time, Keith can´t do it well enough anymore and he has got big issues with his fingers and head. It was very obvious during the Hubert Sumlin tribute. It´s over when it comes to touring, but it´s really great news with the docu. Really looking forward to that. Those of you that still think Keith will be able to pull off a tour in 2013, stop living in denial and try to be realistic. I would love one last tour as well, but i would hate to see my long time hero in this poor shape with big health issues trying to perform on a stage.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:05

I look forward to whatever good news comes from the Rolling Stones camp and if the tour is now to be in 2013 then so be it. Like many others on here, I have concerns for Keith's health and his ability to perfrom so hopefully this extra time will be a big benefit for him in that respect.

Posted by: ROPENI ()

If Keith can't play now,does anyone really thinks that he will get better in one year? and from what l read is just Keith talking the same kind of bs that he usually does,no where does Mick says anything about a tour in 2013,and we all know who the boss is when it comes to Stones business. So to me it doesn't look too hopefully,just my two cents worth...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()

In all honesty, I really don't think anything will happen in 2013.

A documentary is neither here, nor there: we already had 25 x 5.

What will happen in 2012 ? The new recordings will fall into disunity, and not be released.

There'll be no deluxe GHS with Brussels Affair as a bonus disc 2. Inertia will reign, and it will all be hype.

I can console myself that, unlike Keith, Bob Dylan has good and bad nights on stage, and that a new album is forthcoming. It is something to look forward to, whereas the Stones keep feeding us on thin gruel.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:10

Is there a press release, or anything really official about this, any where yet?

Date: March 14, 2012 23:13

gmanp
Is there a press release, or anything really official about this, any where yet?

Do you really expect Stones management to write a pressrelease about Keiths health issues? That will never happen.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:15

JumpinJeppeFlash
gmanp

Do you really expect Stones management to write a pressrelease about Keiths health issues? That will never happen.
Sometimes they come out and deny the rumours.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:16

Rockman
give us all time ta get our hair lookin' good...

Absolutely. I really need that time

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

mtaylor
JumpinJeppeFlash
gmanp

Sometimes they come out and deny the rumours.

Well, it´s not a rumour with his health.

Posted by: Justin ()

gmanp

How official do you need it? The quotes came directly from Keith Richards.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:18

gmanp

No, there isn't.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:27

JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform in 2007.REUTERS/Andrea Comas /LandovBelow is an abridged version of a story that appears in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, issue 1153 with Bruce Springsteen on the cover.

The Rolling Stones will not tour to mark their 50th anniversary this year, Rolling Stone has learned after separate interviews with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. "Basically, we’re just not ready," says Richards. Instead, 2013 is the new goal. "I have a feeling that’s more realistic," he adds.

Stones insiders say that one reason for the delay is Richards' health, which has raised questions about his ability to make it through a worldwide tour. A top concert-business source confirms the reservations over Richards’ condition and suggests that it is more likely that the band will avoid traveling in favor of camping out in major cities for multinight runs in arenas, similar to Prince's recent stands in New York and Los Angeles.

The Stones are already considering offers: The band asked for proposals from promoters AEG, Live Nation and longtime Stones promoter Michael Cohl. "We're drilling down on this new proposal," says the source.

The band may not be touring, but they will be busy through the end of the year with projects including new studio sessions and a major documentary. According to Richards, the Stones will begin rehearsing for a studio session as early as next month. "We’ll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side," he says. "I’ve got plenty in the locker here, but it’s not on tape."

The news comes after the band gathered in a London studio in December and played together for the first time since the final night of the marathon two-year Bigger Bang tour in August 2007. Making the occasion even more special, former bassist Bill Wyman sat in for the first time since he left in 1992. "We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that," says Jagger. "It went very well."

Adds Richards, "It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know."

In the meantime, fans will get their Stones fix from the upcoming documentary, out in the fall, which will trace the band's entire 50-year journey and is packed with unseen footage and unreleased music. "Nobody has put the story together as a narrative," says the movie's director, Brett Morgen, who made 2002's The Kid Stays in the Picture. "We've been looking under every rock going through their archives. It will be music never heard before, and I've conducted 50-plus hours of interviews so far. By the time we're done, they will be the most extensive group interviews they've ever done." Says Richards, "He told me 80 percent of the footage has never been seen before, which amazes me. I didn't know there was that much around."

Despite holding off on touring this year, the band is still buzzing from reuniting with Wyman. "We're back in touch, which is great, because I hadn't really spoken to him for years," says Richards. Will Wyman rejoin the group on the road in 2013? "I think he's up for it," Richards says. "We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

And Richards points out that next year works just as well for an anniversary trek. "The Stones always really considered '63 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts] didn't actually join until January," Richards says. "We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."

For the full story, read the March 29th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone, available on stands and in Rolling Stone All Access March 16th.

This is so sad but it´s what i´ve said all the time, Keith can´t do it well enough anymore and he has got big issues with his fingers and head. It was very obvious during the Hubert Sumlin tribute. It´s over when it comes to touring, but it´s really great news with the docu. Really looking forward to that. Those of you that still think Keith will be able to pull off a tour in 2013, stop living in denial and try to be realistic. I would love one last tour as well, but i would hate to see my long time hero in this poor shape with big health issues trying to perform on a stage.

thumbs up

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:36

A very strange message really. I agree that something has come to light quite recently which has forced some big plan changes. Whether it's Keith's health, the world economy, the general age of the band...could be all those things and more we havent heard of yet. Maybe they want to do the album and see what the sale are like and have a huge publicity push on the back of it.

For the record, I said quite a while back that I never thought Keith fell out of a tree...I think he had a stroke and had to be operated on. This would fit with some of his weird moments towards the end of the tour and possibly why he hasn't got his playing back together. It's only my opinion but I like it!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:43

KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle

thumbs up
Yeah, not sitting on a chair like BB King playing.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:46

Justin
gmanp

Not the quote about his health - That was attributed to "stones insiders," which could very well mean that the reporter was reading the threads posted on this very board. Is Keith in bad health? @#$%& if I know! I guess not in bad health enough to record an album, though. So why don't we wait and see, instead of being a bunch of negative nancys and/or making judgments without reading the actual article - or the full version of the interview that hasn't even come out yet.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:49

mtaylor
KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle

thumbs up
Yeah, not sitting on a chair like BB King playing.

Don´t tell this Charlie...

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:06

tkl7
Justin
gmanp

Not the quote about his health - That was attributed to "stones insiders," which could very well mean that the reporter was reading the threads posted on this very board. Is Keith in bad health? @#$%& if I know! I guess not in bad health enough to record an album, though. So why don't we wait and see, instead of being a bunch of negative nancys and/or making judgments without reading the actual article - or the full version of the interview that hasn't even come out yet.
Right on!smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:07

I saw Muddy Waters when he was sitting down. Still powerful.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:08

Rockman
hey that's fine ..13 is more the Stones kinda number
And another year'll give us all time ta get our hair lookin' good...

I thought Mick was already sporting 'tour hair' so this is a real bummer.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:11

When Rolling Stone mentions Keith's health as being an issue, no matter who the source is, it's an issue. I'm not saying that Rolling Stone mag is some great conveyor of cutting edge truths, quite the opposite; RS has been in the bag for the Stones for decades. Try and remember a time RS didn't have something overwhelmingly positive to say about the Stones. I can't. If they are saying Keith's health is an issue, that means a vocal media presence, firmly entrenched in the Stones camp, has been green lighted to run a story that mentions Keith's health as being a problem for future tours. That is a really bad sign if you wanted to see the Stones hit the road again. Keep those archive releases, and remasters, and books, and documentaries, coming Mick!

Date: March 15, 2012 00:11

24FPS
I saw Muddy Waters when he was sitting down. Still powerful.

Wow! I don´t think it will be bigger than that if you love the blues!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 00:14 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:16

GilbertsGirl
Why do people always believe an article that states that information comes from an insider or source close to the band, that usually means the press are just speculating and have no hard facts
Unless its actually a named source or one of the guys themselves saying its due to Keith having health issues why would anyone believe it.

i believe the article means the iorrians (and other fan site denizens) who have been posting woe is we stuff for ages
"Stones insiders" R Us :E

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:18

with sssoul
GilbertsGirl
Why do people always believe an article that states that information comes from an insider or source close to the band, that usually means the press are just speculating and have no hard facts
Unless its actually a named source or one of the guys themselves saying its due to Keith having health issues why would anyone believe it.

i believe the article means the iorrians (and other fan site denizens) who have been posting woe is we stuff for ages
"Stones insiders" R Us :E

smile: or anyone that may have seen any of the video footage of Keith attempting to play at the recent events for Sumlin and Berry.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:20

vermontoffender
When Rolling Stone mentions Keith's health as being an issue, no matter who the source is, it's an issue. I'm not saying that Rolling Stone mag is some great conveyor of cutting edge truths, quite the opposite; RS has been in the bag for the Stones for decades. Try and remember a time RS didn't have something overwhelmingly positive to say about the Stones. I can't. If they are saying Keith's health is an issue, that means a vocal media presence, firmly entrenched in the Stones camp, has been green lighted to run a story that mentions Keith's health as being a problem for future tours. That is a really bad sign if you wanted to see the Stones hit the road again. Keep those archive releases, and remasters, and books, and documentaries, coming Mick!

This is an excellent point. If Keith is so upbeat about the possible change to 2013 and the mag gets the go signal to run then it really is a bad omen. Perhaps Mick, Ronnie and Charlie have sensed this all along but it had to be proven to Keith.

I always thought the last rescheduled gigs on ABB were contractual obligations being fulfilled with his neurosurgeon backstage. Never a good sign then or now.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:21

I wander if. ..... Keith can play ever again. ..... During 2007 others performed the guitar parts for keith, i have see for myself. . !! in the last movie woody played the guitar during you got the silver. .. So i wander. ...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:34

I will stick my chin out here and say that Keith's skills has diminished steadily since the early 80s. You can see the difference between 78' and 81' for yourself on clips on Youtube. In 78 he was still sharp and a driving force in the Stones. Even though he had severe drug problems. From 81 and onwards the sloppiness and carelessness begins. Hence Jagger's dropping out of the band in the mid 80s and the introduction of the almost playback sounding Vegas era.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:35

Don't you think that if there was a way to put a really positive spin on this, Mick would have?? I think it has to do with Keith for sure but I have a hunch it's about a decision Mick made recently, as Gazza said. ( Gazza said it was a recent development, I said it was about something Mick decided). Mick won't ever risk taking the band on the road unless everything looks near perfect...he won't risk a train wreck and bad reviews not to mention the economic possibility of being sued if contracts are broken.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home