Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Pleased to meet you...Where are you from?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 7, 2012 02:17

I know where Coeur d'Alene is, nice lakes cutting through the mountains through there. Very pretty Jahman, used to windsurf there when passing through and the wind was up.

I was born in the center of the USA - Champaign Ill. My parents were at a Christmas party drinking a bit too much Champaign when my Mom went into labor. "It was a different time she tell's me, everybody drank when they were pregnant". I can't stand champaign to this day.

Columbia, Mo
Anaconda MT
Missoula MT
Victor MT
Milk River Alberta
Columbia Mo
Marina del Rey, CA
Malibu, CA
Kona, HI
Puako, HI
West Hollywood, CA
Culver City, CA
Scott's Valley, CA
Mount Hermon CA
San Gregorio, CA
Pescadero, CA (paradise finally.....)

Damn I feel naked divulging all that information. Lots of time on the road in the USA mostly college town bars on the East coast and midwest and Texas. Spent a few months down under in late 1999 making a record for an all-girl band called Bardot (french pronounciation). Two millineums one in Sydney AU with 3 million crazy fockers and 6 new pop stars. Then over the date line to Hilo HI to listen to the fruit drop off the trees in the jungle for millineum celebration No. 2! Whoo Hoo! peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2012 02:39

...BARDOT!!!! .... geeeeeeeeez never could sit thru one
of their songs but Katie was sultry and Tiffani had the best bod ...

remember watching a Katie interview where she said it was cool drivin' around
in the free sports cars and the recording contract was a buzz at the start but then they learnt in the fine print that they had to repay the record company they realized they were left broke .....

Sophie Monk has made a dent in Hollywood ....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-07 03:29 by Rockman.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 7, 2012 03:06

Born in 1962 winking smiley
Living in Orléans
France

HMN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 7, 2012 03:24

memphiscats
mr_dja
Memphiscats: When I saw your post I kinda thought the same thing... With me just a bit east of y'all! Mom & Dad have now retired to S. Yarmouth so I still get back every now & then & will always consider it to be part of "where I'm from". Except for the winter, I wish I could still call it home. As my wife (native Tennesseean) says "more fried fish & Ice Cream than any place on earth". Not sure she's 100% correct but I do know they've got E. TN beat!

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha - I have to laugh about the fried catfish. When we first got here we went to a "fish fry" and here I was stupidly thinking it might be a variety of fish - nope just cat. I still can't quite warm up to it...doesn't seem like a "fish-fish." I miss my sword! I don't miss the winters in the NE but these tornadoes are scary things. I'm lucky - I still go back to the Cape every summer to escape the Memphis heat!
Rock on! smoking smiley

Just catfish on Cape Cod............there is something very wrong about that............confused smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: March 7, 2012 03:31

Hey Jahman, if you're named in the reggae spirit, my brother lives in Idaho and plays in a reggae band there, in the south of the state. I think they're called Chanmann Roots Reggae Band or something like that.

As for me, it's just been the Atlantic states: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Virginia, North Carolina and DC.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 7, 2012 03:39

EddieByword
memphiscats
mr_dja
Memphiscats: When I saw your post I kinda thought the same thing... With me just a bit east of y'all! Mom & Dad have now retired to S. Yarmouth so I still get back every now & then & will always consider it to be part of "where I'm from". Except for the winter, I wish I could still call it home. As my wife (native Tennesseean) says "more fried fish & Ice Cream than any place on earth". Not sure she's 100% correct but I do know they've got E. TN beat!

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha - I have to laugh about the fried catfish. When we first got here we went to a "fish fry" and here I was stupidly thinking it might be a variety of fish - nope just cat. I still can't quite warm up to it...doesn't seem like a "fish-fish." I miss my sword! I don't miss the winters in the NE but these tornadoes are scary things. I'm lucky - I still go back to the Cape every summer to escape the Memphis heat!
Rock on! smoking smiley

Just catfish on Cape Cod............there is something very wrong about that............confused smiley
haheha - I guess that came out wrong...Catfish here in Memphis - ALL OTHER GOOD fish on Cape Cod (and the Gulf isn't bad either)...
"We've got catfish on the table...gospel in the air"smoking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 7, 2012 04:03

memphiscats
EddieByword
memphiscats
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA
Rock on! smoking smiley

haheha - I guess that came out wrong...Catfish here in Memphis - ALL OTHER GOOD fish on Cape Cod (and the Gulf isn't bad either)...

Phew...thank goodness for that, I can put my oxymoron alert alarm away............cool smiley...catfish sounds bad...like jellied eels in East london..........urghh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-07 04:05 by EddieByword.

Date: March 7, 2012 04:30

EddieByword
memphiscats
EddieByword
memphiscats
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA
Rock on! smoking smiley

Phew...thank goodness for that, I can put my oxymoron alert alarm away............cool smiley...catfish sounds bad...like jellied eels in East london..........urghh
Well, jellied eels trump catfish - they aren't that bad - I'm just spoiled from having lots of good fish. I guess "good" is a relative term.
MEOW

Date: March 7, 2012 04:31

Naturalust
I know where Coeur d'Alene is, nice lakes cutting through the mountains through there. Very pretty Jahman, used to windsurf there when passing through and the wind was up.

I was born in the center of the USA - Champaign Ill. My parents were at a Christmas party drinking a bit too much Champaign when my Mom went into labor. "It was a different time she tell's me, everybody drank when they were pregnant". I can't stand champaign to this day.

Columbia, Mo
Anaconda MT
Missoula MT
Victor MT
Milk River Alberta
Columbia Mo
Marina del Rey, CA
Malibu, CA
Kona, HI
Puako, HI
West Hollywood, CA
Culver City, CA
Scott's Valley, CA
Mount Hermon CA
San Gregorio, CA
Pescadero, CA (paradise finally.....)

Damn I feel naked divulging all that information. Lots of time on the road in the USA mostly college town bars on the East coast and midwest and Texas. Spent a few months down under in late 1999 making a record for an all-girl band called Bardot (french pronounciation). Two millineums one in Sydney AU with 3 million crazy fockers and 6 new pop stars. Then over the date line to Hilo HI to listen to the fruit drop off the trees in the jungle for millineum celebration No. 2! Whoo Hoo! peace
You've lived in some GREAT places!

Posted by: Russlan ()
Date: March 7, 2012 05:05

Vladivostok, Russia

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 7, 2012 06:44

Hi,
born in Paris 1963
moved 3 times in the suburbs of the maintown

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: March 7, 2012 06:52

Born New Zealand
Stones in Auckland NZ 1965 + 5

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 7, 2012 06:57

Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland (1967).

Lived in:
Somerville, MA
Washington, DC
Athens, GA
Houston, TX
Salt Lake City, UT

T@3

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 7, 2012 07:10

Born in East Los Angeles
Moved to Oregon when I was 19
Moved back to SoCal 11 years later
Now live near Seattle

Traveled extensively through this fascinating world of ours.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2012 07:14

...born in captivity ... released into the wild around '63 .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 7, 2012 07:28

From my spiritual home, the Olympia Theatre in Paris.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 7, 2012 07:29

Rockman

...and you've been doing a walkabout ever since?

Date: March 7, 2012 08:08

Rockman

Feral man at large down under. peace

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 7, 2012 08:10

Born in Manhattan to a Bronx New York family
later moved one half an hour drive north of New York City
later lived in Ireland and Germany
live in New York City

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 7, 2012 08:22

Grew up in Woodland Hills, CA.
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Burbank, CA.
Winnetka, Ca.
Now in San Francisco, CA. and anxious to get out.

Date: March 7, 2012 08:32

Rockman
...BARDOT!!!! .... geeeeeeeeez never could sit thru one
of their songs but Katie was sultry and Tiffani had the best bod ...

remember watching a Katie interview where she said it was cool drivin' around
in the free sports cars and the recording contract was a buzz at the start but then they learnt in the fine print that they had to repay the record company they realized they were left broke .....

Sophie Monk has made a dent in Hollywood ....

Well Rockee, they weren't picked for their musical abilities....

but what a charismatic crew of lovely lasses they were back then. I'll never forget the first lunch break where those gals took me to the beach up north a bit, where I could surf and they could tan a bit. I was new to OZ and as soon as we dropped in the sand 5 or 6 tops were off in a split second. I was like. OMG trouble times a dozen. Wtf is happening here?! Normal stuff they said, I was grateful for the cold water being near. I haven't followed their progress at all but ocasionally my stories of those gals back then will get Aussie's I'm talkin' to fired up so I know they must have had a good run. I can attent to to early fun and buzz of their first recording contract, Tiger Studios, home away from home for a while in 1999... peace

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 7, 2012 08:54

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: March 7, 2012 09:15

Born , Auckland New Zealand,
lived in London few years, Bayswaterand Clapham,
then 3 years in Northern Beachs .Sydney
now living in godzone, New Zealand again.
Stones 3 x times Auckland and twice in Sydney,,,incl Enmore !!
great thread, love this site . and of course The Stones,

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 7, 2012 09:52

Born: Tokyo, Japan
Living: Tokyo, Japan
It's a 15 minutes walk to Akihabara.

Date: March 7, 2012 10:36

Damn, little girls with Samurai swords....what's up with that A san? peace

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 7, 2012 10:55

Naturalust
Damn, little girls with Samurai swords....what's up with that A san? peace
They are working for Maid cafés.grinning smiley
[en.wikipedia.org]
sort of the symbol of Otaku Culture.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-07 11:02 by Toru A.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 7, 2012 11:48

I live in Wuppertal, Germany. The town with the worlds only suspended mono rail.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: March 7, 2012 12:21

Born in the UK; I have lived all my life in London and the south of England. This summer I emigrate to Sao Paulo, Brazil cool smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2012 12:24

Guten Tag, Herr Wupperstein! I would like to see the world's only suspended mono rail but I can't. Can you post another picture or alter the existing one so we can see it?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 7, 2012 13:03

Born in Devon, grew up in Cornwall. Moved to London, Cambridge then Suffolk. Currently 'avin it large in Essex.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home