Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: MT+ Bob Dylan, live in Rotterdam 1984.
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: August 10, 2014 21:56

Drummerboy

Hi Luxurystones,

Regarding the waking you up bit -it relates to me noticing that regarding the thread there had not been to much action of late that I could see. Nothing bad intendedsmiling smileyThat 's the first smiley I've ever used in my life - heartwarming!

I consider that as a compliment, hijacking the thread. Heartwarming indeed. grinning smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 10, 2014 23:47

Drummerboy
Hi Quique-stone
Thanks for the thanks - both you, dcba & OutofTime.

For an old dude like me with time on my hands it's no big deal. I just know stuff that's all & if some of it is interesting that's fine. Fans should get some feedback.

I know you're from Argentina I remember from your first post. If we can keep away from the subject of the Falkland Islands everything will be fine. LOLsmiling smiley

Thanks for the offer of "boots" but I don't think I need any.

I have no idea in what form my book will be in on the market - haven't given it much thought - these days I could do it myself on the net through Amazon or something similar. That's some way in the future. Go Tango - Be Happy.

It's our pleasure Mr. Drummerboy!

Of course you don't need any bootleg; my humble intention was trying to retribute something to you...

This forum don't allow political comments and I accept and follow the rules, but I have to say that the 1982 Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas war was one of the biggest mistakes Argentina ever did. I'm only 1 or 2 years younger than the Argentinian soldiers that were sent to the battle field without preparation and even if I wasn't born in Argentina this subject always affects and hurts me. A really dark and sad page in our history written by the Military Dictatorship.

Let's return to music: I've just realized that you were touring with John Mayall at that time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-10 23:50 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 11, 2014 08:45

I'm seeing Bob this Thursday nite. He'd better be better than last time I saw him...

Posted by: Drummerboy ()
Date: August 11, 2014 11:34

Hi Luxurystones.

If you think I hijacked the thread I'm sorry. That was not my intention. I read some posts & thought I'd put the record straight - Nothing more.

Date: August 11, 2014 11:38

Drummerboy
Hi Luxurystones.

If you think I hijacked the thread I'm sorry. That was not my intention. I read some posts & thought I'd put the record straight - Nothing more.

I think he meant to say that he was honored that it was you bringing life to his thread again.

Sorry to interrupt, but seemingly you guys have been talking a bit past eachother drinking smiley

Date: August 11, 2014 11:58

Hi Quique-stone,

I forgot the political boundary. It was written with humour in mind & not intended to open old wounds - apologies to all.

Re. The bootlegs - I understand you were being friendly in offering.

Think I'll take a break from posting - seems I've upset the applecart to some extent.

Date: August 11, 2014 15:04

Drummerboy
Hi Luxurystones.

Hi Drummerboy,

No need to apologize, justl like DandelionPowderman stated: please keep on posting, your "hijacking" is only good and refreshing.smiling smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 11, 2014 17:59

Drummerboy
Hi Quique-stone,

I forgot the political boundary. It was written with humour in mind & not intended to open old wounds - apologies to all.

Re. The bootlegs - I understand you were being friendly in offering.

Think I'll take a break from posting - seems I've upset the applecart to some extent.

No worry Mr. Drummerboy, I know you've said it with humour, no doubt about that!
And you don't need to apologize, there's no reason!
Feel free to post whenever you want.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 11, 2014 20:52

Fascinating stuff, Drummerboy. I am as big fan of Dylan as I am of the Stones, so I am all ears here!thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: August 12, 2014 11:13

I'll be back!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 12, 2014 23:10

Drummerboy
I'll be back!

Please do

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: August 15, 2014 15:57

Drummerboy
I'll be back!

Please keep sharing these stories! And thank you for that fill on 2:13 min smileys with beer

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 16:19 by Sacke.

Date: August 16, 2014 11:31

Sacke
Please keep sharing these stories! And thank you for that fill on 2:13 min smileys with beer

Yeah the dreaded Miami Mime. As you can see we were pretty amused by the idea of miming. Welcome to the fill - played off the top of my head but no doubt inspired by the style of Al Jackson Jr.an all time great.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: August 16, 2014 13:07

Drummerboy, thank you so much for all your contributions so far and I hope you will carry on posting here, despite what you said yesterday - like others have pointed out, it's great and really exciting to have someone here who is an actual authority on large parts of what gets discussed on IORR, not to mention a long-time MT collaborator and former Bluesbreaker.

On this note, I want to ask: if one of us were to start a specific Q&A thread (as BV suggested) would you be willing to participate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 13:08 by Stoneburst.

Date: August 16, 2014 14:04

Stoneburst

On this note, I want to ask: if one of us were to start a specific Q&A thread (as BV suggested) would you be willing to participate?

Maybe I shouldn't go there - Unintentionally I upset a few fans. Let me think about it.

Date: August 16, 2014 14:42

It's impossible not to upset a couple of (Taylor) fans. smiling smiley

Please keep on posting, you're more than welcome here.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: August 16, 2014 21:34

Drummerboy
Stoneburst

Maybe I shouldn't go there - Unintentionally I upset a few fans. Let me think about it.

I'd appreciate your sharing info on the 1986 tour with Taylor.
Did you leave for part of the tour?
Why was the setlist blues and R&B rather than Taylor's songs?
Thanks!

Date: August 16, 2014 22:42

Drummerboy
I upset a few fans

Yeah, but only a few smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: August 17, 2014 10:54

To clear the air.
My post regarding the band I was in to help Mick get a record deal. I don't really know what Mick was thinking at the close of that little adventure - so let's call it a mystery as to why things ended as they did because as far as I'm concerned that's what it remains. Someone mentioned exploitation - I don't think Mick's that cold-blooded. More than anything I suppose we were victim's of circumstance.
As regards the Alabama song - I was credited for that & on meeting Mick sometime after the album was released he had his publisher call me & I received my due royalties.
Despite the disappointment of the "deal band" not too long after I was jamming with Mick again at the time he got involved with Carla Bley so nothing had really changed between us.

Date: August 17, 2014 11:13

RE: SmokeyDusty

The 86 tour was not a pleasant experience. We traveled in an RV & to the best of my recollection we were using whatever equipment was available - at times I had to play some pretty bad drum sets. Mick may have had an amp but I can't be sure. It was hastily thrown together, that's basically why the set was composed of blues & R&B stuff & not Mick's songs. I did not leave at any time during the tour.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 17, 2014 19:25

The real unanswered question concerning Mick Taylor is why his re-establishment with The Rolling Stones only resulted in playing Rambler on every gig?

Date: August 17, 2014 22:35

And Satisfaction.

Date: August 18, 2014 00:12

DandelionPowderman
And Satisfaction.

You get a kick out of this, don't you?

Date: August 18, 2014 00:17

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
And Satisfaction.

You get a kick out of this, don't you?

Who doesn't get a kick out of Satisfaction ?

-------------------

Date: August 18, 2014 01:01

Shouldn't we count the 8 or 9 performances by Taylor on electric guitar or the rest of the shows on acoustic? It's worthless, he wasn't even there?

Look, I understand that you want him to play more, but he didn't just play on one number.

Date: August 18, 2014 01:25

DandelionPowderman
Shouldn't we count the 8 or 9 performances by Taylor on electric guitar or the rest of the shows on acoustic? It's worthless, he wasn't even there?

Look, I understand that you want him to play more, but he didn't just play on one number.

'Rambler' in Stoneage's question is a synonym for Taylor's underuse on the past tour. The fact that it isn't literally true is irrelevant. Okay, they let him do Silver Train once in Asia, play some nondescript fills on Slipping Away and Streets Of Love one time, and otherwise had him strumming an acoustic guitar on Satisfaction at the end of the shows. Big deal. How does this change anything?

Date: August 18, 2014 01:37

I get that point, and I don't disagree with you. No need to make a storm in a teacup.

Date: August 18, 2014 01:41

DandelionPowderman
I get that point, and I don't disagree with you. No need to make a storm in a teacup.

I know, I know *big hug*

Date: August 18, 2014 01:43

Right back at you smiling smiley

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: August 18, 2014 05:28

Drummerboy
RE: SmokeyDusty

The 86 tour was not a pleasant experience. We traveled in an RV & to the best of my recollection we were using whatever equipment was available - at times I had to play some pretty bad drum sets. Mick may have had an amp but I can't be sure. It was hastily thrown together, that's basically why the set was composed of blues & R&B stuff & not Mick's songs. I did not leave at any time during the tour.

Thanks for the info!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home