Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Who is in better shape Mick or Keith? For a Tour..
Date: February 26, 2012 23:45

charlie62
Rubbish like your car

Squint like your glasses?

Posted by: charlie62 ()
Date: February 27, 2012 00:00

Smell of a yorkeshireman

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:17

Well,after all is said and done the concensus seems to be Mick can do a tour,Keith don't,unless is a few small shows here and there,but a full Stones tour,no way. S o l guess we will have to celebrate the 50th anniversary,with more stuff from the vaults, and all the other crap,that they come up to sell to the fans as souvenirs.
l just have to say, l have seen the band on each tour multiple times since 1969,so l am happy,and the memories will last me,till the end of my time.smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:20

ROPENI
Well,after all is said and done the concensus seems to be Mick can do a tour,Keith don't,unless is a few small shows here and there,but a full Stones tour,no way. S o l guess we will have to celebrate the 50th anniversary,with more stuff from the vaults, and all the other crap,that they come up to sell to the fans as souvenirs.
l just have to say, l have seen the band on each tour multiple times since 1969,so l am happy,and the memories will last me,till the end of my time.smileys with beer

A bit wistful eh? As Bob Dylan said, it's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:24

I don't think Keith could handle a whole show. That makes Shine A Light their sawnsong in a way.

For this year, I can see them maybe playing just once. Anymore than that is asking too much for Keith.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:53

Apparently, though, according to Keith, he is still a composer, and has a bunch of songs already prepared - and a few in various stages of completion, some or all of which he is prepared to contribute to The Stones.

And in the meantime, Jagger has a few things recorded and says he has a bunch of songs. And Ron Wood is in good form these days, (and if its relevant, Taylor and Wyman as well).

Maybe they should do a couple of new discs.

And, really, if they aren't a performing band any longer, even in the context of an oldies revue they have been, I wouldn't care if they brought in other musicians and so forth. It might dilute the RS "brand" and possibly dent their legacy a bit, but at this late date, if they want to get their new stuff out there, although sales may be meager, it would certainly sell better than solo projects under their separate identities. If they let Ronnie do a few numbers, that would be great.

and who knows? Maybe they'd come up with some really good stuff.

After all, it doesn't seem as though they have lost interest. Why quit completely?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 27, 2012 16:51

SweetThing
Apparently, though, according to Keith, he is still a composer, and has a bunch of songs already prepared - and a few in various stages of completion, some or all of which he is prepared to contribute to The Stones.

And in the meantime, Jagger has a few things recorded and says he has a bunch of songs. And Ron Wood is in good form these days, (and if its relevant, Taylor and Wyman as well).

Maybe they should do a couple of new discs.

And, really, if they aren't a performing band any longer, even in the context of an oldies revue they have been, I wouldn't care if they brought in other musicians and so forth. It might dilute the RS "brand" and possibly dent their legacy a bit, but at this late date, if they want to get their new stuff out there, although sales may be meager, it would certainly sell better than solo projects under their separate identities. If they let Ronnie do a few numbers, that would be great.

and who knows? Maybe they'd come up with some really good stuff.

After all, it doesn't seem as though they have lost interest. Why quit completely?

Were it not for the fact that this is the 'golden jubilee', I would bet that they probably would have quit completely already. If KR really hasn't lost interest (which is really not the issue IMO, it's the capability), then his outlet would be solo stuff, which would be perfectly acceptable.

If they do something this time 'round, which now seems likely, in whatever form, it is almost certainly the final outing.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 27, 2012 17:00

The question sounds rather strange. Who is in better shape, Mick or Keith? Hmmm...
Who is ready for a tour, a man in shape or a man who cannot play anymore? Let me reflect...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 1, 2012 06:54

everything is turning to old

: )

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 1, 2012 13:45

I wonder if there's a Sean Connery website somewhere that says it's about time he made another Bond film. Or Adam West another Batman?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 1, 2012 14:00

The GR
I wonder if there's a Sean Connery website somewhere that says it's about time he made another Bond film. Or Adam West another Batman?

The best post in a long time.

Date: March 1, 2012 14:07

Thank you.

I see Bez won't be dancing on the Happy Mondays tour because of his age.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 1, 2012 14:16

I've been at the ambassador last year for boogie 4 stu, with mick T, ronnie, charlie and bill on stage and sure they can manage a few stones shows, in small venues, with keith in this shape. I'm not worried about mick J at all, he'll do as usual, just a little bit of more training and he'll be allright. keith, since the licks tour, is the real problem, worried just to be and look like keith richards and not a musician ...

Date: March 1, 2012 14:36

How fit and healthy there were 12 months ago is irrelevant to how they are now.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 1, 2012 14:49

With Keith it doesn't matter. They don't have to plug him in and the two behind-the-amps-guys will cover his playing. That's a bit more difficult to do with Mick. But maybe he can learn how to lip-sync like Madonna?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 1, 2012 14:53

Stoneage
With Keith it doesn't matter. They don't have to plug him in and the two behind-the-amps-guys will cover his playing. That's a bit more difficult to do with Mick. But maybe he can learn how to lip-sync like Madonna?
Yeah Pierre and Blondie, will do the deed for Keith...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: March 1, 2012 15:12

So it's a Stones concert if Keith just turns up and walks around the stage and does nothing?

Reminds me of a Peter Green concert in 1984 when he walked on stage and spent the entire gig staring at the lighting rig.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 1, 2012 15:33

The GR
How fit and healthy there were 12 months ago is irrelevant to how they are now.
charlie kept on playing, bill too, ronnie seems to get better and better (and his last album is a great issue), taylor can easily fit in. mick jagger is not a problem at all. sure i wouldn't want to see keith like these last two shows but that's it, take it or leave it.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 1, 2012 15:48

Send It To me
everything is turning to old

: )

thumbs up

LOL.. "Everyone is turning too old"... I can see Jagger singing that with gusto and sincerity.

Date: March 1, 2012 15:48

Two words for you: Bernard Edwards. look it up.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home