Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Who is in better shape Mick or Keith? For a Tour..
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:43

After watching some of the videos posted from Keith's gig at the Apollo,it is clear that there is no way in hell that Keith could do a two hr set with The Stones,where he actually plays guitar, his physical appereance is not too good,look a the belly,and his playing abilities seem to have decrease quite a bit,thank God,there were a dozen other guitar players covering for him.
Mick on the other hand,was the "star" of the White House show,and althouh he was a bit winded after the first song he recuperated and put on an amazing show. Conclusion, IMO,maybe a few small shows,with a few days rest in between for the boys to recoup..Or put Pierre and Blondie on stage and bring Keith out for a couple of songs,just to sing..Your Opinion? Ready? Fire....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Who is in better shape Mick or Keith? For a Tour..
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:52

I'm feelin' gooooood!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:53

ROPENI
Your Opinion? Ready? Fire....

What's the use ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 25, 2012 13:54

LOL Rockman ... me too

-------------------

Re: Who is in shape for a Tour
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 25, 2012 13:56

baby i'm ready to go! :E

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:08

I'm not a doctor so please don't take this a defnitive diagnosis but based on my own experience and the way Keith kept moving his arm back from the guitar neck in Little red rooster it looks (to me at least) like he's got a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... [en.wikipedia.org] ....(my case was mild ie throwing my left arm back two or three times an hour and did get better) ...the way he's moving his arm there looks pretty severe to me (and painful)....as I say though I'm not a doctor so it could be something else and of course something I've never even heard of...............whatever the facts imo it doesn't look good though vis-a-vis a tour of any long duration.....unless they bring in someone else to take the load and Keith just stands around hits the strings now and then and takes his due applause and cheers for all the previous years...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 14:26 by EddieByword.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 25, 2012 14:45

Who knows. None of us hang out with them. . . their both still pretty darn active and looking pretty fit. Especially considering the road they've been on.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:15

EddieByword
I'm not a doctor so please don't take this a defnitive diagnosis but based on my own experience and the way Keith kept moving his arm back from the guitar neck in Little red rooster it looks (to me at least) like he's got a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... [en.wikipedia.org] ....(my case was mild ie throwing my left arm back two or three times an hour and did get better) ...the way he's moving his arm there looks pretty severe to me (and painful)....as I say though I'm not a doctor so it could be something else and of course something I've never even heard of...............whatever the facts imo it doesn't look good though vis-a-vis a tour of any long duration.....unless they bring in someone else to take the load and Keith just stands around hits the strings now and then and takes his due applause and cheers for all the previous years...

Keith does that quite a bit and has done for years.

It became part of his stage thing.

Date: February 25, 2012 15:19

howled

Yeah, the famous windmill smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:23

howled
EddieByword

Keith does that quite a bit and has done for years.

Yeah I have noticed of course when he throws his arm back extravagantly and then back to the frets in big songs ..JJF, B.sugar etc but never noticed on the quiet ones before.........maybe just force of habit..............hope so anyway.......because as I say CTS is a motherf even when it's mild.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 15:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:45

The answer is easy; Mick. I worried that Keith won't be able to play solid rock and roll on stage for a rolling stones' show. It seems that his guitar playing is shriking to a minimum. If there are shows in the future, Ron will have to become the Main guitar player. I believe Ron will step up to the occasion.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 25, 2012 15:52

Here's the answer - NO ONE KNOWS EXCEPT THEIR PERSONAL PHYSICIANS!

Time will tell....time waits for no man......time is on my side......smoking smiley

Date: February 26, 2012 00:29

From reading most of the reviews of Keith at the Apollo,l think is a safe bet to say "Its all over now"...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 26, 2012 01:29

mick ! its not even debatable

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: February 26, 2012 02:10

i was surprised to see how winded Mick was at the White House when he spoke after he finished I Can't Turn You Loose...take a look at the video:

He even comments that he is "a little bit out of breath"(right around the 3:00 mark). A little?!!

Regardless, he seems in great form and the video is worth a watch if you havent seen it!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 26, 2012 02:18

I thought that also but he is still in ten times better shape than keith

Date: February 26, 2012 02:28

Maybe Keith wants to tour in his head and heart but maybe he can't. We'll find out huh. I don't think it's anything to say 'TOLD YOU SO' or 'knew he couldn't do it'. The dude has done it. Everything comes to an end. There's got to be a difference between Chuck Berry, BB King and Keith Richards' abilities to play other than age. Keith lived a really hard life. It's certainly "caught" up to him now. You don't know now what you know later. Keith has always been of the moment.

Not sure what it matters. If they're done then so what. Then nothing's changed since August 26, 2007. They truly don't need to do more. The vaults opening have been great and hopefully that will continue.

Date: February 26, 2012 02:29

melillo
I thought that also but he is still in ten times better shape than keith

You r right Melillo,l can't believe how Keith has let himself go,l mean that belly is horrendous,and please lets not excuse him cause of his age,look at Clapton,Beck,Page,and even Ronnie,they all look much better healthwise than Keith,l can't see any insurance company actually giving him the go ahead for a long tour,pretty sad.....

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 26, 2012 02:51

HalfNanker
i was surprised to see how winded Mick was at the White House when he spoke after he finished I Can't Turn You Loose...take a look at the video:

He even comments that he is "a little bit out of breath"(right around the 3:00 mark). A little?!!

Regardless, he seems in great form and the video is worth a watch if you havent seen it!

Usually Mick, after he sings his first song, doesn't have to stop and address a room with the President of the USA. It's quite a drastic stop and change of pace, from singing his heart out to speaking in a "normal" manner. Mick was terrific at the WH.
Rock and Roll,
mops

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 26, 2012 03:03

I feel sad and it hurt me, but let's face it, both have lost their touch.
I don't believe in a Tour, and if there's a Tour, I'm out for it,
I prefer recall them as the Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band in the World
they were for years...
To commemorate the 50th anniversary in another way ...
why not doing a TV show with fellow rock'n'roll-blues gals and guys
who will come to pay tribute, it will let each Stone free to perform as a Band all together (if they want or if they can) or alone (Keith on Vocals ) if it doesn't work anymore...just my 2cts

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 03:04 by Honestman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 26, 2012 03:34

Jagger is clearly a little tired, but, wow, he's friggin' awesome.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: February 26, 2012 03:44

did u guys hit your head falling out of a cocunut tree,blodie playing guitar,and keith making a cameo,friggin hilarious stuff,you will all eat your words.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 26, 2012 03:52

rollmops
HalfNanker

Usually Mick, after he sings his first song, doesn't have to stop and address a room with the President of the USA. It's quite a drastic stop and change of pace, from singing his heart out to speaking in a "normal" manner. Mick was terrific at the WH.
Rock and Roll,
mops

That's true. Maybe you have to be a singer to understand this, but there's a video of Janis Joplin performing on the Dick Cavett show, and after she finishes her number, and she comes over to sit on the couch, Dick asks her why she's so out of breath after singing just one song. "It's because it's hard to stop after doing just one," she tells him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 03:56 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2012 04:04

rollmops
HalfNanker

Rock and Roll,
mops

yes agreed...the criticism is ridiculous. Lady Ga-Ga would have been breathing hard in that situation. I think there has to be a joke in there somewhere.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 26, 2012 04:14

How is this even a question?

We all know Jagger isn't lip syncing right? There are not other singers hidden away behind the curtain pretending to be Jagger and singing his parts right?

Stick a fork in Keith; he's done. An entertainer now and not a musician. He said so himself. Perhaps there is a role as TreeBeard in the upcoming Hobbit movie.

I DO believe they could give us something new together in the studio, as both Jagger and Richards have indicated they have new songs independently, but unfortunately I am guessing going in that direction might be perceived as competing with/diluting the commercial agenda which is betting on releasing old stuff with warmed over outtakes.

Date: February 26, 2012 04:35

is this a joke?

Mick is in 100 times better shape!

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 26, 2012 04:50

Big Al
Jagger is clearly a little tired, but, wow, he's friggin' awesome.

I wouldn't read too much into him being winded after the first song. I take a brisk one hour walk every morning. I find myself gasping for air for about five to ten minutes before my breathing smooths out. Now, if we see him gasping after song three and four next tour then maybe his days of being Jumpin Jack Flash are over. It has to end sometime. The good news is he can still work the audience standing relatively still. Always, could.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 26, 2012 06:04

MICK

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 26, 2012 06:30

And the award for most predictable thread on the board goes to...

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 26, 2012 06:30

Keith could sing and Mick could play guitar.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home