Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Who is in better shape Mick or Keith? For a Tour..
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: February 26, 2012 08:14

The only viable solution is to bring in Mick Taylor to play the lead guitar.Ronnie sounds like Keith when playing rhythm so not much is going to be lost in the process. Keith can just step back and colour the songs with an occasional lick. The guy I'd love to see playing with the Stones is Luther Dickinson but I doubt that could happen. I am also of the belief that Jagger should assemble a band capable of replicating The Stones sound of the Sticky/Exile era and embark on a McCartneyesque solo tour once The Stones are done for good.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 26, 2012 09:40

SweetThing
Perhaps there is a role as TreeBeard in the upcoming Hobbit movie.

Brilliant.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 26, 2012 09:44

MIck at the White House next to what I've just watched for the first time (Keith at the Apollo). I didn't want to comment at all in that thread out of respect for Keith (he is still a hero in part of me deep down).
But what I have to say is this.
SHADES OF LIVE-AID!!!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 26, 2012 09:46

There is NO WAY they can tour and not be embarrassing when held up against past glories.

Keith won't be able to play anything meaningful. It will be 2 hours of holding the guitar with various poses and arm waves.

Keith used to be the driving heart of the band.

The right thing to do now is finally make the 20 DVD Box Set Anthology and call it "Through The Past Darklyer"... or something.

Mick can do solo stuff if he wants, I don't think as many people will want to see that as he thinks, except in Japan.

He tried all that once.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 26, 2012 09:55

HMN

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2012 12:20

Better not to tour. Let's celebrate the aniversary with some shows, some releases (CD, DVD, books..).......and let's enjoy the legacy and the memory of their music

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 26, 2012 13:01

It's hard to judge Keith's playin at the Apollo, as he doesn't play at all. He stands, sings, and holds his guitar on Spoonful.

Mathijs

Date: February 26, 2012 13:42

GravityBoy
finally make the 20 DVD Box Set Anthology and call it "Through The Past Darklyer"...

I now have copyright on "Through the Past Darklyer".

Any Stones lawyers reading need to talk to me when the time comes.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 26, 2012 14:05

Mathijs
It's hard to judge Keith's playin at the Apollo, as he doesn't play at all. He stands, sings, and holds his guitar on Spoonful.

Mathijs

how would you rate his standing and his holding compared to past performances?

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 26, 2012 14:34

Mathijs

Mathijs

He even plays a solo at the very end of it - no fuckups, - you would have seen it if you would listen to what he does, instead of just bash him - very simple old school blues...but cool and fine.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 26, 2012 14:41

The idea of scaling the possible shows and tour down is of course logical for many reasons and the idea of doing a sort of bluesy-tribute club gigs sounds excellent as such. But the problem is that only very very few lucky people would be able to get to those shows.

On one hand it is true that most likely they would not be able to sell-out stadiums for two years, but the demand is uncomperably bigger than what a club tour could satisfy. My guess is that even an arena tour would not be enough, I think that the real amount of people who would come to see the Stones is somewhere between the capacity of stadiums and arenas.

Yes, it would be a dream come true for me if I would be able to attend a very small intimate gig, but I am more than sure that I would not be able to get a ticket for such a show and if there was a full tour like that, the only possibility to see it would be to buy a DVD. In that case I prefer anything else, I just want to see them live again, taht's all.

I fully understand people who have seen The Stones forty, fifty or more times during the past fifty years, that they don't really need to see them again and they want to rember them as they were in the sixties, seventies, in 81... I am not one of those lucky ones, I have only seen them 3 times - in 2003, 2006, 2007 and I really want to see them again. It is just like with B.B. King. Sure, he can not be compared with his 40 or 50 years younger self, but since I have not seen him in his glory days, and I could only choose to see him now or not see him at all, I am more than happy and satisfied, that I have seen him in 2009 and 2011. We are really lucky that we live in times that we can still see people like B.B., Chuck Berry....The Stones..., no matter how many bum notes they play. I understand that it is a huge issue for some people, but it is not for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 15:00 by Happy24.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 26, 2012 14:54

seitan
if you would listen to what he does, instead of just bash him - very simple old school blues...but cool and fine...

I just think that some of us don't bash Keith but just say what they thought about a guitarist who don't play guitar, you get the nuance ??? I mean if it has been another one that Keith everybody here would have claimed him to stop...
About his performance, one thing he got , is "the voice" to sing the blues, yep, his voice fit very well for the blues now and his effort to pay tribute to Hubert
should be appreciated. But sorry to appear like a guy who fall from a coconut tree
as someone mentionned in a previous comment, who's foolin' who here ???
Let Keith alone on the same performance and you wil really hear his (sadly) guitar playin'...
If one can judge him on a one night performance, one can get some obvious doubt
for the future of the STONES.Think it's time for some of you to realise and awake
from your dreams of a new tour...

HMN

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 14:57 by Honestman.

Date: February 26, 2012 15:00

Honestman
seitan
if you would listen to what he does, instead of just bash him - very simple old school blues...but cool and fine...

I just think that some of us don't bash Keith but just say what they thought about a guitarist who don't play guitar, you get the nuance ??? ...

- You dont get it - He does play a guitar. If you watch the video posted above - he even plays a solo at the end of Spoonful - Most of you are bashing, when you say that he dont play..naah, he cant play...Bullshit!!! - It´s right there in front of you - Keith´s main focus is on the vocals, yes - but if you actually watch him on that video and LISTEN - you can even see and hear a solo at the end of Spoonful with no fuckups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 15:02 by seitan.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2012 15:53

It's true , this solo is better than the sympathy on last tour.................
I love KR with all my passion, but..........which solo are you speaking about??
We must be respectful with the man, we do not want to bash him, but he just holds elegantly his guitar...... where is even his basic and typical guitar style??
Let's enjoy Hampton..............

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: February 26, 2012 16:31

it just understandable nerves. notice in the 1 st songe he is going through his pricticed motions (which some of us are getting tired of seeing him do), but in ne next song his motions are totally relaxed

Date: February 26, 2012 16:41

seitan
Honestman
seitan

I just think that some of us don't bash Keith but just say what they thought about a guitarist who don't play guitar, you get the nuance ??? ...

- You dont get it - He does play a guitar. If you watch the video posted above - he even plays a solo at the end of Spoonful - Most of you are bashing, when you say that he dont play..naah, he cant play...Bullshit!!! - It´s right there in front of you - Keith´s main focus is on the vocals, yes - but if you actually watch him on that video and LISTEN - you can even see and hear a solo at the end of Spoonful with no fuckups.

Oh man, what a load of bollocks. Sure, he does play some licks, you're right. But it's not Johnny Doe where talking about here, not some amateur guitar player doing a Sunday gig in his local pub. Keith Richards is judged by his status, and judged by the possibility of the Stones ever returning to do a show or even a tour again. Well, judging Keith on this performance, combined with his playing on the last tour: no way that there can and will be some kind of tour ever no more. It's all over for the Stones, and we all know it.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 16:56 by Mathijs.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 26, 2012 17:18

to even compare the shape of the two is utterly ridiculous, mick is slim and trim and keith has a belly smokes two packs a day and is an alcoholic , are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

Date: February 26, 2012 17:21

melillo
to even compare the shape of the two is utterly ridiculous, mick is slim and trim and keith has a belly smokes two packs a day and is an alcoholic , are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

He quit smoking years ago actually. He only smokes to keep his public image of bad boy alive, on photo shoots etc.

Mathijs

Date: February 26, 2012 17:23

Mathijs
Oh man, what a load of bollocks. Sure, he does play some licks, you're right. But it's not Johnny Doe where talking about here, not some amateur guitar player doing a Sunday gig in his local pub. Keith Richards is judged by his status, and judged by the possibility of the Stones ever returning to do a show or even a tour again. Well, judging Keith on this performance, combined with his playing on the last tour: no way that there can and will be some kind of tour ever no more. It's all over for the Stones, and we all know it.

Mathijs

Time will tell, let´s see...no point in giving statements like " They Wont Tour" - they might youknow, nothing stopped from keith getting up on stage to pay his respects to Hubert, so he might as well pay his respects to The Rolling Stones fans too, by doing a tour with the Stones, who knows...We will see and you´ll be the one to buy everyone around of drinks if they do.

Mathijs

Mathijs

Now that´s what I call Keef bashing, - saying something that it´s bollocks - cause it´s not true. all you have to do is check the video..
Sure, he does play some licks with no fuckups whatsoever..no, it´s no Pavarotti on vocals, no it´s no Satriani on guitars - thank god for that.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 26, 2012 17:38

GravityBoy
GravityBoy
finally make the 20 DVD Box Set Anthology and call it "Through The Past Darklyer"...

I now have copyright on "Through the Past Darklyer".

Any Stones lawyers reading need to talk to me when the time comes.

No they don't: there's no copyright protection for the title of a creative work.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 26, 2012 17:49

Mathijs

He quit smoking years ago actually. He only smokes to keep his public image of bad boy alive, on photo shoots etc.

Mathijs

So, Keith gave up smoking, yet still smokes to keep up his 'public image'? A very poorly articulated statement, there.

Date: February 26, 2012 17:50

plus how would anyone know he quit ? an almost 70 year old man has to smoke in public to keep up his image? utter nonsense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 17:58 by melillo.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 26, 2012 17:58

Big Al
Mathijs

Mathijs

So, Keith gave up smoking, yet still smokes to keep up his 'public image'? A very poorly articulated statement, there.

So in a way, the cigarettes are kind of like the guitar is for Keith now? He doesn't really play it - just barely - to keep up the public image then.

Date: February 26, 2012 18:03

then how come ronnie doesnt hold a martini during interviews?

Date: February 26, 2012 18:03

SweetThing
Big Al
Mathijs

Mathijs

So in a way, the cigarettes are kind of like the guitar is for Keith now? He doesn't really play it - just barely - to keep up the public image then.

i think you're onto something. i gotta feeling he only says "gold rings on you" in public, too. and then he prolly goes home and says to himself that he effing hates his fans...

Date: February 26, 2012 18:04

melillo
then how come ronnie doesnt hold a martini during interviews?

cos he's too busy drinking it?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 26, 2012 18:06

StonesTod
SweetThing
Big Al
Mathijs

Mathijs

i think you're onto something. i gotta feeling he only says "gold rings on you" in public, too. and then he prolly goes home and says to himself that he effing hates his fans...

LOL... I wouldn't hold it against him if he did. smiling smiley

Date: February 26, 2012 18:08

SweetThing
StonesTod
SweetThing
Big Al
Mathijs

Mathijs

LOL... I wouldn't hold it against him if he did. smiling smiley

me neither. and has anyone ever seen a candid pic of him at home posing with his guitar?? see?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 26, 2012 18:14

seitan
Honestman
seitan

Sorry man, that's not what I call 'playing'. That doesn't cut it. I'm not "bashing" Keith. I'm just stating the sad fact that as a musican on any professional level, I believe that Keith is finished. Keith is no blues man, and that video made me very, very sad.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 26, 2012 18:21

people who offer valid criticisms of keith are bashers, apparently. what we need to find is a proper word for those who praise him to the heavens despite his obvious incompetence. please submit your entries by EOD and we'll select a winning bid with a prize suitable for posing....

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home