Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
if no tour, when will someone say "no tour"?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:04

If the band wasn't going to work this year, I think someone would have said as much already. But maybe I'm wrong....

Re: if no tour, when will someone say "no tour"?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:14

Well, the last few years there's been a press release pretty early in the year to confirm their lack of plans and stem the tide of endless rumors. The last word from the Stones late last year is they're considering their options (Mick) and they are keeping their plans deliberately murky (Keith). While it's certainly true to say that the more time that passes, the more they're likely done for good...with this band, it's also certainly true that while they're reasonably healthy, there's hope we will see something. I'd bank on seeing something in 2012. At a guess, I'd say Mick and Keith's separate appearances next week will stir some sort of comment.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:17

Well, let's think of some fun things to do 'til the tickets go on sale...OR

smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:19

The first 'gig' anniversary is this summer, but 2013 was when Charlie joined, and the 50th anniversary of their first single.

That may be where this goes.

Date: February 15, 2012 05:34

treaclefingers
The first 'gig' anniversary is this summer, but 2013 was when Charlie joined, and the 50th anniversary of their first single.

That may be where this goes.

Very true - it MAY.

Date: February 15, 2012 05:50

Or just ask mickscarey. The Done Deal Tour was finalized three years ago. Or if we go through all of this year then it'll be four years ago.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:52

Little Steven did say he knew something about when their 50th anniversary actually was that none of us did. Maybe he was just BSing but as long as they all stay healthy (and let's face it, they are definitely getting up there in age for what they do) I would say next year is their last chance if they don't do anything this year.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:59

I'll say it- no tour. They're done.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 15, 2012 06:13

Too bad they did not just keep on keeping on ike McCartney has. He had converted me recently.... he juts gets out there and plays and plays and plays...... hit after hit after hit..... it is what he does.... I love My Stones more, and I always will.... but I am more impressed with "old man" McCartney's results.

Long John posted the thread last summer, it was a link to a sound/web camera outside of Wrigley field, and it allowed us to hear his whole show...it was pretty fkg impressive... it was more impressive than anything my Stones have done in 5 years... and that was through a web cam, with no view of the stage.... I thought I would listen for 30 seconds.... but I stayed for the whole show... it was awesome.... and I did not want to like it.... I wanted to make fun of how crappy he was.... but he wasnt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 06:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 06:22

Long John Stoner
I'll say it- tour. They're not done. Bet ya $100 to your favorite charity. Their will be Stones shows somewhere in the world this year.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 15, 2012 07:01

sweetcharmedlife
Long John Stoner
I'll say it- tour. They're not done. Bet ya $100 to your favorite charity. Their will be Stones shows somewhere in the world this year.smoking smiley
Me - I'm fantastic baby - YES - they will tour - OH YES...
OK I'm delusional - but let me be that for another few months...K? My 50th b-day is July 13th - I've told me friends & family all I want is Keith to play - if the whole band shows - that's cool. For now, just let me have my fantasy. BTW - if this happens, you're all invited!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 15, 2012 07:39

Ronnie, if you guys aren't doing anything just tweet "no Stones this year" !

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:08

the only one who can say "yes" is mick

the only one who can say "no" is keith

so i wouldn't hold my breath for an answer anytime soon.

unless keith kicks ass at the apollo.

that i think would force mick's hand.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:30

superrevvy
the only one who can say "yes" is mick

the only one who can say "no" is keith

so i wouldn't hold my breath for an answer anytime soon.

unless keith kicks ass at the apollo.

that i think would force mick's hand.

That may 'factor in' to the decision, but I don't think MJ will be forced into anything. As you've said, it's his decision. He could even go without KR (to lots of criticism) by bringing in MT.

I think they'll do something; big prices, big guests, big venues, few shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 09:31 by treaclefingers.

Date: February 15, 2012 10:15

okay then. my supposition is that mick is waiting for keith to prove that
keith is ready to rock. what other possible explanations are there for
mick's behavior?

oh yeah, i forgot. "building suspense". sorry, i don't buy that one
anymore. this delay is real. all kinds of real opportunities are starting
to slide on by.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 10:22 by superrevvy.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: February 15, 2012 10:33

The good question is:
- Is Keith able to play guitar for a whole show. Hands are the main trouble, I think he can't. He could do something but only if he will play attention to his playing and forget posing during 75% of the show.
- Does he really want to play. All the others in the band do their alternate jobs but Keith nothing! I think that again in fact of his hands... and a little bit too of his brain which must be a little bit used and burned by his way of life. Don't forget the age. He is not 25 years old. There is no shame to say, I'm sorry but I stop, I am not able to continue because of my disease It could be a good time to stop his musical life with dignity. If he wants to continue touring, it will end in pathetic conditions...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 15, 2012 10:44

I do not believe that they say they will not tour, only Ronnie will announce ideas of his about the band's future.

Date: February 15, 2012 11:00

aprilfool
The good question is:
- Is Keith able to play guitar for a whole show. Hands are the main trouble, I think he can't. He could do something but only if he will play attention to his playing and forget posing during 75% of the show.
- Does he really want to play. All the others in the band do their alternate jobs but Keith nothing! I think that again in fact of his hands... and a little bit too of his brain which must be a little bit used and burned by his way of life. Don't forget the age. He is not 25 years old. There is no shame to say, I'm sorry but I stop, I am not able to continue because of my disease It could be a good time to stop his musical life with dignity. If he wants to continue touring, it will end in pathetic conditions...

too soon to count keith out. he's gotten up off the canvas many times before to
pull out the victory by knockout or decision. your 75% number is crap. a lot
of his bigger bang stuff is real good. even on shine a light, he was real
good (minus the sympathy solo). my money's still on keith. its not "requiem
for a heavyweight" time yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 11:03 by superrevvy.

Date: February 15, 2012 11:28

Date: February 15, 2012 11:31

You want a tour because you just want to see them. In Shine a light, you are blinded by the pictures of the movie but if yo listen the cd only and focus on music only, each time keith want to do something, it's a catastrophe, I am not anti-keith but I am realiste and objective. This movie came to late. If Scorcese filmed the stones in 1975, it should a nectar.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 15, 2012 11:34

aprilfool
The good question is:

Unfortunately I think there is som truth in what you say. That's why the idea with Mick Taylor joining was terrific. No Stones without Keith but maybe he is depending on that Ronnie covers up for him to play rythm.
But something tells me that Keith doesn't got that self image that the others have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 11:48 by Thommie.

Date: February 15, 2012 11:37

aprilfool
You want a tour because you just want to see them. In Shine a light, you are blinded by the pictures of the movie but if yo listen the cd only and focus on music only, each time keith want to do something, it's a catastrophe, I am not anti-keith but I am realiste and objective. This movie came to late. If Scorcese filmed the stones in 1975, it should a nectar.

you go into a stones show in 2006 expecting brussels or fort worth or hampton.
I go into a stones show expecting to have a great time. i had a great time watching
shine a light 3 times in a theater and umpteen times at home.

and yes i am blinded by the pictures in the movie. personally i have never
regarded the stones as a concert. i regard them as a show and still, as of
the last tour, the greatest show on earth. any great music that happens to
happen is just icing. and i tasted lots of icing at shine a light.

look, i'm a glass-half-full kinda guy. and you're a glass-half-empty kinda guy.
whatever makes you happy.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 12:24 by superrevvy.

Date: February 15, 2012 13:59

As you want!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:05

treaclefingers

And 2014 is the 50th anniversary of their debut album. See you in two years then smileys with beer

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:15

Well, can i be the one who says "no tour"?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:17

Rocky Dijon
with this band, it's also certainly true that while they're reasonably healthy, there's hope we will see something.

That's one of the advantages that one's idols are endlessly greedy... they don't have afford to miss the opportunity, as funny as it sounds...grinning smiley

SORRY Rocky! I misread: not "reasonably healthy" but "reasonably wealthy", and found there some funny sarcastic line of thought.... sorry (but both readings seem to work, no?)>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 14:27 by Doxa.

Date: February 15, 2012 14:32

franzk
treaclefingers

And 2014 is the 50th anniversary of their debut album. See you in two years then smileys with beer

And 1964 also marks their first numebr on hit in England and their first American Tour.... 1965 marks their first American number one hit, and, of course, maybe their biggest landmark ever = their first Finnish gig... It's going to to take some serious time to get this 50th Anniversary properly sorted out...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:32

No one will say no tour. If any thing appears in the news about them playing they might deny it.

Why announce that you're not doing something when you never said you would?

Date: February 15, 2012 14:34

The GR
No one will say no tour. If any thing appears in the news about them playing they might deny it.

Why announce that you're not doing something when you never said you would?

Because that's what they exactly did a year ago.

- Doxa

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:24

May be they got sick of reading 2011 tour threads on this forum !

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home