Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: if no tour, when will someone say "no tour"?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:38

Doxa
The GR
No one will say no tour. If any thing appears in the news about them playing they might deny it.

Why announce that you're not doing something when you never said you would?

Because that's what they exactly did a year ago.

- Doxa

..and in January 2010.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:54

superrevvy
aprilfool
The good question is:
- Is Keith able to play guitar for a whole show. Hands are the main trouble, I think he can't. He could do something but only if he will play attention to his playing and forget posing during 75% of the show.
- Does he really want to play. All the others in the band do their alternate jobs but Keith nothing! I think that again in fact of his hands... and a little bit too of his brain which must be a little bit used and burned by his way of life. Don't forget the age. He is not 25 years old. There is no shame to say, I'm sorry but I stop, I am not able to continue because of my disease It could be a good time to stop his musical life with dignity. If he wants to continue touring, it will end in pathetic conditions...

too soon to count keith out. he's gotten up off the canvas many times before to
pull out the victory by knockout or decision. your 75% number is crap. a lot
of his bigger bang stuff is real good. even on shine a light, he was real
good (minus the sympathy solo). my money's still on keith. its not "requiem
for a heavyweight" time yet.

The percentage quoted may in fact be crap...but april fool's points are completely valid IMHO. Those poor mitts must be in pain just picking up the guitar. There is no shame in that...that is just his medical condition. If he is able to play an entire show/tour I would be amazed and thrilled.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: February 15, 2012 18:00

sweetcharmedlife
Long John Stoner
I'll say it- no tour. They're done.
I'll say it- tour. They're not done. Bet ya $100 to your favorite charity. Their will be Stones shows somewhere in the world this year.smoking smiley

I won't bet any money, even for charity, but I will say this- I'm not just saying it here to be obstinate, I firmly believe they're done. If I'm wrong, I'll obviously have to freely admit it. I'll also say that I would imagine not many will like what they have to offer if they do tour. I don't think any shows they put on will even remotely meet the standards they set for themselves in the past. You'll wish they hadn't done it.

Stating the obvious, the longer "tour or no tour" drags on this year, the better the chances are there isn't one and also, the older they get. For me, the overriding factor here are their ages and assorted infirmities. A 76 or 77 year old bass player, provided he joins up? A 72 or 73 year old drummer? A 69 or 70 year old singer and a 69 or 70 year old guitarist? Another guitarist who's 65 or 66 years old? IF there is a tour, it's possible the average Rolling Stone age will be 71 years old. I don't care who you are, and especially guys like these with their cumulative health issues, NO GROUP of five men, even four if Wyman declines, can pull off anything remotely resembling a Rolling Stones tour without some sort of health issue that hinders its success. I know from communicating with Leavell last tour that was a big concern, and it can only be magnified this time.

Put another way, chances are very good they won't be able to get insurance for a long tour and if something does go wrong, whatever makes up the Stones Conglomerate would be financially responsible for any losses incurred. I don't know this for an absolute certainty, but many people have said one reason McCartney, always known for his fiscal frugality, now tours in short bursts at a similar age is because one, he no longer feels like going on long tours but also, he has to deal with the insurance issues and doesn't want to be on the hook. And as we all know, no one ever accused Mick Jagger of being loose with his money.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 15, 2012 18:01

Part of the reason I put the 50th Anniversary gig as a live-aid style event on another forum.

How are people going to feel if they turned up and there's a complete backing band and the Stones stood out front with just a microphone and except for vocs and b/vocs play no instruments at all. They are after all on the 70 years old area.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 15, 2012 18:17

Let's just hope for the best. They can still rock n' roll...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 15, 2012 18:54

I have never been a source for tour speculation either on here, Shidoobie of Rocks Off, but I am 100% positive that a tour is in the works. I cannot go into details due to my finding-out being work-related, but it is happening. I found this out last Saturday. Let's just say that a rather careless Rolling Stone gave it away.

Date: February 15, 2012 19:02

Big Al
I have never been a source for tour speculation either on here, Shidoobie of Rocks Off, but I am 100% positive that a tour is in the works. I cannot go into details due to my finding-out being work-related, but it is happening. I found this out last Saturday. Let's just say that a rather careless Rolling Stone gave it away.

winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:20

Gazza
Big Al

winking smiley

Bullshit, i spoke to a rather careless Rolling stone yesterday, and he said,he is proud ofhis chart succes in the UK, and doesnot want to perform with his old band mates.
jeroen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:20

Gazza
Big Al

winking smiley

You are even considered an official Rolling Stone now, Gazza ? Not bad !

Date: February 15, 2012 19:26

Erik_Snow

You are even considered an official Rolling Stone now, Gazza ? Not bad !

Nope! Gazza was the first to get the news, though!

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:05

Your description of the age issues is really food for thought. I hadn't really thought it through like that. A 77 year old bass player and the average age of about 71.

My guess - and I most certainly don't claim any actual knowledge - is that Jagger is the hold up. He's not going to go out there if he doesn't feel that Keith and co. are up to it. He may be right...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:11

Big Al
Uh oh. If your source is Ronnie,then we may not have a tour after all.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 15, 2012 20:15

ok, now we get this bullshit, oh i know someone..........blah blah blah, and they tell the tour is on...........zzzzzzzzzzzz

Come on Nothing is on till The Mighty Jaggerr says yes.

and that will be when hell freezes over.
sorry

jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:55

corriecas
ok, now we get this bullshit, oh i know someone..........blah blah blah, and they tell the tour is on...........zzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry

jeroen

I hear they're starting to serve 31 different flavours of ice cream in hell now!

Date: February 15, 2012 21:14

sweetcharmedlife

Uh oh. If your source is Ronnie,then we may not have a tour after all.eye popping smiley

He wasn't the source as such, but lets just say he was the subject matter.

Date: February 15, 2012 21:16

So, thats what i said, blah blah blah...............
we dont need this hear say stuff.
come on
Useless shit stuff
jeroen

Date: February 15, 2012 21:21

corriecas

sorry

jeroen

It is on. Unless a certain Mr Ronald David Wood is planning a visa-heavy tour with the Faces!

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 15, 2012 21:26

Big Al

It is on. Unless a certain Mr Ronald David Wood is planning a visa-heavy tour with the Faces!

(Ronnie himself is in the media today about all this: )

A spokesman for the band has denied it, but Ronnie Wood hasn’t: Speaking to The
Sun, he said the Rolling Stones are in talks to perform at the opening ceremony
of the Olympic Games in London.

“We’ve got more meetings,” Wood told The Sun. “Everyone wants to do it.”

(If Ronnie and the Sun say its the Stones, then c'mon obviously its the Faces)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 21:27 by superrevvy.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 21:29

Big Al
corriecas

sorry

jeroen

Well now you've gone and done it Alex. Pretty soon your going to have MI5 knocking on your door...Or even worse. Stones security!winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 15, 2012 21:31

and seriously if ronnie's already getting visas, it cannot be the stones.
the faces can go at the drop of a hat and just play on any stage you push them
out onto. no chance the stones would go out there so unadorned.

Date: February 15, 2012 21:32

Geezzz, the Stones have put out a statement they wont do the Olympics. Dont believe the f...bloody Sun!!!!!!!
jeroen

Date: February 15, 2012 21:36

corriecas
Geezzz, the Stones have put out a statement they wont do the Olympics. Dont believe the f...bloody Sun!!!!!!!
jeroen

gee, why didnt i think of that?

superrevvy
(If Ronnie and the Sun say its the Stones, then c'mon obviously its the Faces)

Date: February 15, 2012 22:13

It's NOT the Faces!

Date: February 15, 2012 22:50

so, Big Al, you know its not the faces. so you must also know from
the travel documents that it is the stones.

so besides the obvious conclusion that the stones will indeed pull together some
sort of ramshackle tour a few months from now, their reputation and legacy be
damned, that leaves just one other possibility: that the stones are spending
a few thou on visas that will never be used but keep the suspense going, for
whatever reason.

Date: February 15, 2012 22:51

ah, big Al,
now i know, the person you heard from a friend from a friend from a friend told me................, a reliable source....
the band whos gonna play is.......... the Beatles!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 15, 2012 23:03

Jesus, Jeroen, cut him some slack. He's not alone in getting a taste of Things to Come. I went from betting against a tour to now believing only a serious medical issue or death will stop activity this year. Yes, it is odd something hasn't been made public yet, but it's coming soon. Bet on it.

Revvy, seriously, would your old pal steer you wrong?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2012 23:05

No.

Bjornulf

Date: February 15, 2012 23:08

ok Big Al
I rest my case.
hope you are right
i dont believe it,thats all.
have a good one
jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 15, 2012 23:08

LOL Bjornulf. That is a straight answer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 15, 2012 23:16

corriecas
Gazza
Big Al

winking smiley

Bullshit, i spoke to a rather careless Rolling stone yesterday, and he said,he is proud ofhis chart succes in the UK, and doesnot want to perform with his old band mates.
jeroen

Big Al shared the info he had with me last weekend. And it was absolutely 100% irrefutable in terms of a tour being officially a 'go'. Its not a case of a band member just talking to someone. Its a case of documentary evidence.

As Rocky says, the only thing that will prevent a tour is some unforeseen disaster.

sweetcharmedlife

Big Al is the source I mentioned when I posted about it on Rocks Off last Sunday. Its a nailed on cert based on the info he gave me.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 23:21 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home