Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Loving Cup Video
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:11

This video was posted on the Archive today (for Valentines Day) of Loving Cup. It's an obvious lip sync but I still hadn't seen it before. Does anyone know if they intentionally made a promo film for Exile? I certainly don't remember one.

Re: Loving Cup Video
Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 21:22 by dadrob.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:28

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 14, 2012 23:36

AWESOME!!!

I don't know why, it's just really making me happy! One of my favourite songs of all time!

smileys with beer

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 14, 2012 23:42

24FPS
Does anyone know if they intentionally made a promo film for Exile? I certainly don't remember one.

BBC visited them to capture a couple of minutes of their rehearsals in Montreaux in May 1972, which they did. So Rolling Stones also did this miming to Loving Cup at the same time. Maybe they did it just to show the viewers something more watchable for the common man, than the rest of the rehearsals was. Or maybe they thought the "promo" could be used for other telecasts at BBC, once it was made. Don't think they prepared that shooting much, they just did it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 14, 2012 23:43

Yeah this tune is one of the reasons I can still associate myself with The Rolling stones. Drink it Up. peace

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 15, 2012 00:40

Excellent - thanks for sharing this!

Happy VD to all the Stones Fans!
XO
Memphis smoking smiley

Date: February 15, 2012 01:02

Naturalust
Yeah this tune is one of the reasons I can still associate myself with The Rolling stones. Drink it Up. peace

Yup, everytime I tell people I'm a huge Stones fan, I specify that I'm a fan of good Stones. This is exhibit A.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:31

memphiscats
Happy VD to all the Stones Fans!

HUH ? You want us all to have VD ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 15, 2012 03:13

Love this clip. Isn't there also a version with live singing?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2012 06:02

Fantastic clip! Love the interaction and duet like singing. Funny to see Mick do some air drumming.

Date: February 15, 2012 06:13

How nice would it be they came out and performed this song at the Grammy's just like this? All huddled around a mike and Charlie. Just one song, would that have blown you away?

Date: February 15, 2012 16:58

Love Keith's shirt and that wide belt.

Date: February 16, 2012 20:04

71Tele
Love this clip. Isn't there also a version with live singing?

I wish it was on the bonus features for Ladies and Gents. 3 other songs from it are.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 16, 2012 20:40

The Sicilian
How nice would it be they came out and performed this song at the Grammy's just like this? All huddled around a mike and Charlie. Just one song, would that have blown you away?

Capishe on that pisano. Of course I would love to see a whole 2 hour show of them huddled around a couple of mics, acoustics in hand, wine flowing. Jug Rock at it's possibly most finest.

If Mick needs dancing I'd say his daughters, Keith's daughters and Ronnie's daughters would make a lovely addition, kinda of scattered around the Stone's inner stage circle, dancing and carrying on for our and their entertainment. Mmm, Mmm, yeah!

Anyway, it's the natural progression from playing giant stadiums with walls of sound reinforcement, isn't it? peace

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: February 16, 2012 21:42

jamesfdouglas
AWESOME!!!

I don't know why, it's just really making me happy! One of my favourite songs of all time!

smileys with beer

drinking smiley Yes one of the best from one of the best drinking smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 21:44

There is now a thread regarding blues in which some anglosaxon versed people are putting forward their views (including a subtle mix of views about politics, views about race, cultural views and so on..).

In the other hand Loving Cup is precisely one of the Stones songs (they have plenty of them) which breaks barriers and reaches so many different people around the world...In the end...the song matches so well with human feelings...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 16, 2012 22:09

What about this version

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 16, 2012 23:53

some of the vocals r live no??

Date: February 16, 2012 23:58

on 2nd montreux video

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 17, 2012 00:53

midnrambler

Tele, yes, there is another version. You might be thinking of this one, the real version--posted by midnrambler [above].

What was posted above by 24FPS is the video of Montreux but not the audio from Montreux, which is partly live, with pre-recorded backing vocals, other instruments, etc. The audio on the 24FPS video has been swapped out and applied to that video for the studio version that appeared on Exile. Why someone would do that I can't imagine -- the original audio per the midnrambler's version is cool.

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 01:09 by swiss.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 17, 2012 00:57

oops, didn't see the post above

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 01:02 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 17, 2012 00:59

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 01:09 by swiss.

Date: February 17, 2012 01:10

midnrambler

Why did they play along to the LP version with the vocals mixed out? Just so they could have a 'rehearsal' version? How strange.

Date: February 17, 2012 01:14

it is very strange.............

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:35

I think it was filmed that way for Beat Club or some such tv show.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:01

I think it was for "Old Grey Whistle Test".

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:12

Glam Descendant
I think it was for "Old Grey Whistle Test".

thumbs up

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:23

jamesfdouglas
AWESOME!!!

smileys with beer

Me too, Jamie, so nicely expressed by you, everytime it's touching me deep in my heart. Real magic.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2012 11:49

24FPS

This video was posted on the Archive today (for Valentines Day) of Loving Cup. It's an obvious lip sync but I still hadn't seen it before. Does anyone know if they intentionally made a promo film for Exile? I certainly don't remember one.

Taylor is in sync-trouble from 2:02 - he forgot to stop playing rhythm winking smiley He and Keith laugh about it, this video is big fun to watch.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home