Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT Do you think all drugs ought to be legal?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:33

The so-called War on Drugs is simply a way for people to moralize and to pump taxpayer money into police departments, where they do things like invade people's homes looking for drugs. The U.S. (where I live) puts thousands of people in prison (mostly black or other minority groups) for non-violent drug offenses. It is hypocritical, destructive and wrong.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:40

StonesTod
MILKYWAY
Legalize it all, man. But not at once. Start for a few years with marijuana, depressants, and the amphetamines, dispensed to adults age 18 y.o. & older. And drop the US drinking age back to 18.

Just my opinion.

this plan sorta builds up the excitement about the release of future drugs? i kinda like that.

i liked the badges they have at phish shows (and maybe others): a work-free drug place. that's the idea.
People will always want to alter their state of mind - regardless of what they use &/or whether its legal; Why not make it profitable for the country? I'm a financial writer first & and someone who enjoys the occasional drug second - legalize it baby! And from first and second hand experience, it's one thing I think the government could run & not screw up! smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:25

memphiscats
StonesTod
MILKYWAY
Legalize it all, man. But not at once. Start for a few years with marijuana, depressants, and the amphetamines, dispensed to adults age 18 y.o. & older. And drop the US drinking age back to 18.

Just my opinion.

this plan sorta builds up the excitement about the release of future drugs? i kinda like that.

i liked the badges they have at phish shows (and maybe others): a work-free drug place. that's the idea.
People will always want to alter their state of mind - regardless of what they use &/or whether its legal; Why not make it profitable for the country? I'm a financial writer first & and someone who enjoys the occasional drug second - legalize it baby! And from first and second hand experience, it's one thing I think the government could run & not screw up! smoking smiley

true, people would be too stoned to notice.

really, the government should create and dispense one drug we all could take all the time. soma?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 15, 2012 08:56

Of course they should be legal. Education is the key to a workable society with access to powerful, mind and body altering drugs. Addiction classes should be a part of anyone choosing to buy addictive drugs.

The issue is just so much bigger than a personal freedom or a governed right. The violence and destruction associated with the illegal drug trade has turned all of South America into a big f uckin Narco state. It's disgusting. These people don't care about their products effect on the end users. As long as you can get a kilo of blow for 6 grand on one side of the border and sell it for 30 plus on the other side, the problem ain't goin away on it's own.

People also don't realize the huge impact it has on our own financial systems. Most of the profit for that kilo of Columbian coke is actually made by the wholesalers and retailers IN AMERICA! Do the math. Alot of people will always be willing to chase the kind of profits involved with imported cocaine. Herion and Meth are even more rediculous. The real drug lords are Americans and without the money from smuggled illegal drugs whole economies (South Florida) would be in dispair. Our banking system is plainly addicted to the extra funds floating around.

I say end the violence and the maddness of criminalized drugs (all of them) tomorrow. Legalization is the ONLY answer. Yeah we might loose a generation learning how to moderate it (MadMax) but at least families are not destroyed for senseless reasons. I could go on and on.

Finally, multijurisdictional task forces whom are self bankrolled from confiscating and keeping the very products and resources they are busting is beyond mad..just insane. Forfeiture laws become the engine of these machismo organizations and they have NO checks and balances...the goals and intentions become soiled with greed. New airplanes and spy toys for the whole gang, every year, year after year. Almost anyone can start one of these drug task forces. The auditing has been shown to be nonexistent in some cases and the funds are often abused.

Most unfortunate is that because the HUGE industry this drug policing has become will take some real effort to dismantle before it gets so big it bites us all in the ass. Where I live they actually hound almost to the point of harassment special coveted properties hoping to catch marijuana growers and allow them to steal the land under that premise. Its time we stood up to these gangs of do gooders and let them go back to being rent a cops or private investigators or club bouncers.

Can you tell I'm a bit pissed about this issue? Had to edit my angry spelling twice... Ok nuf said. peace

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 21:40 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:02

sure, all that I want to use...

2 1 2 0

Date: February 15, 2012 09:42

Naturalust
Of course they should be legal. Education is the key to a workable society with access to powerful, mind and body altering drugs. Addiction classes should be a part of anyone choosing to buy addictive drugs.

The issue is just so much bigger than a personal freedom or a governed right. The violence and destruction associated with the illegal drug trade has turned all of South America into a big f uckin Narco state. It's disgusting. These people don't care about their products effect on the end users. As long as you can get a kilo of blow for 6 grand on one side of the border and sell it for 30 plus on the other side, the problem ain't goin away on it's own.

People also don't realize the huge impact it has on our own financial systems. Most of the profit for that kilo of Columbia coke is actually made by the wholesalers and retailer IN AMERICA! Do the math. Alot of people will always be willing to chase the kind of profits involved with imported cocaine. Herion and Meth are even more rediculous. The real drug lords are Americans and without the money from smuggled illegal drugs whole economies (South Florida) would be in dispair. Our banking system is plainly addicted to the extra funds floating around.

I say end the violence and the maddness of criminalized drugs (all of them) tomorrow. Legalization is the ONLY answer. Yeah we might loose a generation learning how to moderate it (MadMax) but at least families are not destroyed for senseless reasons. I could go on and on.

Finally, multijurisdictional task forces whom are self bankrolled from confiscating and keeping the very products and resources they are busting is beyond mad..just insane. Forfeiture laws become the engine of these machismo organizations and they have NO checks and balances the goals and intentions become soiled with greed. New Airplanes and spy toys for the whole gang, every year, year after year. Almost anyone can start one of these drug task forces, the auditing has been shown to be non existant and the funds are often abused.

Most unfortunate is that because the HUGE industry this drug policing has become will take some real effort to dismantle before it gets so big it bites us all in the ass. Where I live they actually hound almost to the point of harassment special coveted properties hoping to catch marijuana growers and allow them to steal the land under that premise. Its time we stood up to these gangs of do gooders and let them go back to being rent a cops or private investigators or club bouncers.

Can you tell I'm a bit pissed about this issue? Ok nuf said. peace

wow...nice rant and well put.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:51

Sorry, what was the question again?

Date: February 15, 2012 10:16

Silver Dagger
Sorry, what was the question again?

Nevermind...just take another hit of this bong.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 10:23

Very interesting and thought-provoking thread. Of course weed should be and easy to buy as a pack of cigarettes or a bottle of wine - and it's safer than either IMO. But harder drugs? That takes some deeper consideration. Granted if they were legal and regulated, users would get a consistent product and reduce the risk of overdosing on something purer than what they're used to, etc. But many legal drugs are by prescription only for good reason. They're dangerous if abused. How many doctors would be willing to prescribe heroin or cocaine? Maybe drugs like that shouldn't be made to require a prescription, but perhaps buyers should have to sign a logbook or something at the pharmacy when they purchase them, and this info would go into a database designed to prevent people from buying more than a certain quantity. Hell, here in the US we have to sign such a log just to buy the decongestant Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) because some people who make speed use it as a raw material for the crank. But however the regulations would turn out, they might as well legalize because people are going to do what they want anyway. Why legislate what people are allowed to ingest? It's your body. If you wish to add certain chemicals to it for your own pleasure regardless of the risks, who is the government to say you can't? It cracks me up that cigs and alcohol are legal and weed is not. I've seen people do themselves way more harm from tobacco and alcohol than weed.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:45

Naturalust

People also don't realize the huge impact it has on our own financial systems. Most of the profit for that kilo of Columbia coke is actually made by the wholesalers and retailer IN AMERICA! Do the math. Alot of people will always be willing to chase the kind of profits involved with imported cocaine. Herion and Meth are even more rediculous. The real drug lords are Americans and without the money from smuggled illegal drugs whole economies (South Florida) would be in dispair. Our banking system is plainly addicted to the extra funds floating around.

Finally, multijurisdictional task forces whom are self bankrolled from confiscating and keeping the very products and resources they are busting is beyond mad..just insane. Forfeiture laws become the engine of these machismo organizations and they have NO checks and balances the goals and intentions become soiled with greed. New Airplanes and spy toys for the whole gang, every year, year after year. Almost anyone can start one of these drug task forces, the auditing has been shown to be non existant and the funds are often abused.

Can you tell I'm a bit pissed about this issue? Ok nuf said. peace

Great piece Naturalust,completely agree with your points....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 16:57

treaclefingers
In fact, making it illegal seems to exacerbate the problem, and create an entire criminal culture to go with it.

+ 1

The Mafia would not have developed the way it did had it not been for prohibition in the USA in the early 20th century.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:44

The major Mexican cartels now make more money each year than the Mafia has in any decade. The magnitude of this business elcipses any other criminal conspiracy in human history. Keith and Ronnie alone probably funded some fairly large sized countries.

I wonder how much of our concert expenditures in the 70's made there way to Banco de Narco in South America? Probably quite a large percentage...especially since some of those expenditures were as good as direct deposit (in my case anyway). lol peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 17:48 by Naturalust.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:12

24FPS
There's too much money in legal drugs . . . As long as politicians are left to decide such things, and they are paid for by the drug industry, there will be no legalization.

Because the drug industry wouldn't sell the newly legalized drugs?

Of course they would. They've already got the manufacturing, distribution and marketing folks in place. They'd be fighting with Monsanto for control of the new industry of healthy products.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 15, 2012 23:11

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
mickschix
I do think drugs should be legal .... why not have it sold under a controlled environment, let he govt. regulate it and get tax dollars from it.

Cool, I already said that when I was 16. Now I am 56 and reading this I realise that I actually still think the same.

Hmmmmm.... that is very interesting and shows what a level headed man you are. Cheers smileys with beer

Yeah, and old LOL. Thanks Max

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home