Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT Do you think all drugs ought to be legal?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:42

l don't know if this topic will be allowed,but in a way it is Stones related.
Anyway my two cents worth,with the death of WH,MJ,and many others from so called "legal" drugs,why wouldn't governments,legalize all drugs,this way quality could be monitor,as well as to whom is sold,plus a lot of money,that now goes into the hands of the underworld,etc,if taxed could be used for better education,to eradicate hunger,etc,plus all the crimes that are related to drug use,buying and selling could be brought under control. A s of now the so called "war on drugs" is a joke,and its just used by politicians to get elected..Your opinion....

Re: OT Do you think all drugs ought to be legal?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:47

It seems to be working in Portugal, from what I read recently.

I vote YES, let humans do what they are doing anyway.

[www.forbes.com]
Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 18:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:48

There's too much money in legal drugs. So much of television advertising is supported by the legal drug industry. As long as politicians are left to decide such things, and they are paid for by the drug industry, there will be no legalization.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:52

YES! Only way to take the power from the cartels. Lots of tax revenue available there too.

Sadly, the CIA has too much invested in keeping the staus quo.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:54

What do you see as being negative about legalizing drugs?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:55

stonesrule

less drug use, which means inferior music.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:56

No, just weed.

Date: February 14, 2012 18:59

stonesrule
IMO there is no downside to this issue,and if handled it properly by the the powers that be,it could help the economy in a great way,like Max said people are gonna use it anyway,so lets,taxed and control it,what is been done now obviously is not working,and the so called "legal drugs" are killing more people than the illegal ones.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:01

I would like to see illegal drugs become legal but I wouldn't want to walk down any street and see people smoking crack like they were cigarettes.

Date: February 14, 2012 19:03

GumbootCloggeroo
I would like to see illegal drugs become legal but I wouldn't want to walk down any street and see people smoking crack like they were cigarettes.

worse than seeing ppl smoking cigarettes like they are crack?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:22

stonesrule

I still consider cocaine and heroin to be dangerous drugs, and crack cocaine is beyond evil. I have a hard time envisioning a society where you walk in a store and buy a gram of this or that. In California we have legalized 'medicinal' pot shops that are fine. People can abuse pot/hash with overuse, but that's the same argument with alcohol. Mature individuals should be able to moderate how often they get high, like they now do with alcohol.

I'd rather take a Nixonian approach, that's right, Nixon, and spend the money on rehab and education, rather than on the billions spent on interdiction. Drug usage has never been effected by the drug war. Lots of people have profited though. It takes an intelligent, bold approach. We don't currently have that sort of leadership in U.S. politics at any level.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:23

make 'em all legal and available for free, i say

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:24

ROPENI
stonesrule
IMO there is no downside to this issue,and if handled it properly by the the powers that be,it could help the economy in a great way,like Max said people are gonna use it anyway, so lets, taxed and control it, what is been done now obviously is not working,and the so called "legal drugs" are killing more people than the illegal ones.
thumbs up

There are some shenanigans going on with this whole legalize issue. Many states voters have passed laws legalizing weed, but still the federal goverment is kicking in doors... even after Obama said he would stop that. It makes no sense to keep up this BS "war on drugs", costing zillions, filling prisons etc etc etc.

Several South American governments are now looking at the problem logically... but for some nutty reason ($$$$$??) there are powerful backroom people in the U.S. who will not let it happen. It is disgusting. It is a lie. It is BS. It is shenanigans. We need to stop the lies.

Anyone can land in a plane in any major city in the U.S. and within hours find all the drugs they desire...and then call a prostitute..... both of which are supposedly illegal... that is like joke or prank of some kind. These sctivities are happening already, have been for a 2000 years. Why not stop the lies. Legalize prostitution and tax and regulate it, legalize drugs and tax and regulate them..... it makes no sense not to.

People are doing these things right now, right this very second, all over the country, it is common knowledge, it is not even a secret. It is a joke.

Date: February 14, 2012 19:25

with sssoul
make 'em all legal and available for free, i say

party at sssoul's place!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:26

You mean they're not?

Date: February 14, 2012 19:30

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI
stonesrule
IMO there is no downside to this issue,and if handled it properly by the the powers that be,it could help the economy in a great way,like Max said people are gonna use it anyway, so lets, taxed and control it, what is been done now obviously is not working,and the so called "legal drugs" are killing more people than the illegal ones.
thumbs up

There are some shenanigans going on with this whole legalize issue. Many states voters have passed laws legalizing weed, but still the federal goverment is kicking in doors... even after Obama said he would stop that. It makes no sense to keep up this BS "war on drugs", costing zillions, filling prisons etc etc etc.

Several South American governments are now looking at the problem logically... but for some nutty reason ($$$$$??) there are powerful backroom people in the U.S. who will not let it happen. It is disgusting. It is a lie. It is BS. It is shenanigans. We need to stop the lies.

Anyone can land in a plane in any major city in the U.S. and within hours find all the drugs they desire...and then call a prostitute..... both of which are supposedly illegal... that is like joke or prank of some kind. These sctivities are happening already, have been for a 2000 years. Why not stop the lies. Legalize prostitution and tax and regulate it, legalize drugs and tax and regulate them..... it makes no sense not to.

People are doing these things right now, right this very second, all over the country, it is common knowledge, it is not even a secret. It is a joke.

Completely agree with your premise Max,but, the big drug companies that make Xanax,and all the rest, will never allow it ,with all their lobbyists in DC,buying the soul of all politicians...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:37

I'm a bit confused about this issue. When "legalization" is discussed, do they mean all drugs are available without prescription?

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:42

[www.pharmacytechs.net]

They actually were once upon time.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:48

Not %100 sure, but I believe they mean "de-criminalization", which is a different kind of conversation.

I'm all for weed to be legal - gloablly. there's no good reason why it's illegal when cigaretttes and alcohol - both WAY more harmful and habit-forming than weed - are legal pulling in huge tax dollars.
Tobacco and alcohol can kill you.
Heroin, coke (& crack), and ice can kill you.
You cannot die from a THC overdose from weed.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 19:49 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:50

BluzDude
I'm a bit confused about this issue. When "legalization" is discussed, do they mean all drugs are available without prescription?

GOOD ONE...that thought also crossed my mind.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:07

I guess I was thinking about Tony Bennett's statement inferring that WH might still be alive if drugs were legal (or available w/o Rx?) Don't think that would have saved her.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:41

Open the vaults!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:42

A big fat yes! I've worked with drug users for 20 years and can very confidently say, criminalising it hasn't and never will work. It will take time for the short sighted politicians to realise this and then have the balls to do something about it. Once they legalise it, we will see a rapid decline of the worst drug dealers - not all, but enought o save a lot of lives and of course governments will make a fortune. Well done to Portugal and the areas of the US who have taken brave steps with Cannabis.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:44

It's a never ending debate here in France.
It start in 1981 and it still not solved...particularly when it comes close to a presidential election>grinning smiley<
Next debate in five years, I'm afraid...eye rolling smiley

HMN

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:51

yes

Date: February 14, 2012 20:54

Take the money out of presription drugs and a lot of issues with crime would go away. At least in the US. I don't know about other countries. A big part of the problem with people getting addicted to pain killers is the "doctors" that prescribe them suddenly face losing their license if the patient misses taking a drug when their screening happens - so the person gets dropped outright. They have no problem taking their money for months and years and have zero concern about the health risks with cutting someone off. Hypocritical oath my ass.

Regardless, people overdose on legal drugs as well as illegal (Whacko and Whitney are two perfect examples of ODing on legal drugs) so legalising drugs has nothing to do with the personal health safety issue.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:08

Cocaine's alright,if decent quality. Just a catalysator for booze really. But all other drugs should remain illegal, however, GREED should result in capitol punishment.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:32

Yes, I do think drugs should be legal; all other forms of poison are legal....tobacco, booze etc, why not have it sold under a controlled environment, let he govt. regulate it and get tax dollars from it. It would get the USA out of debt and rid the streets of gun-toting thugs! Tony Bennett is right to speak up on this topic.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:43

Er, yes, and, er, no.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:59

I travel on Willie Nelson's bus on this: just weed, and nothing else.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home