Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith Richards scares daughters' boyfriends
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:39

Realistically speaking, if his name wasn't Keith Richards and he was related to you, would you find it amusing to see Dad or Grandpa or Uncle behaving this way?

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:45

Posted by: thePenguin ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:57

if he REALLY wants to scare them then he should show them some tricks with fruit!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:24

His Majesty
mr_dja
FYI -> Age matters not a bit when it comes to a father trying to protect his daughter from threats real or imagined. Brothers, Uncles and Grandfathers aren't far behind either. We really don't care if anyone thinks we look foolish in doing so either.

While it's very easy to laugh at the thought of Keith Richards trying to intimidate his daughters boyfriends, I'd be willing to bet that there's not a parent on this board who wouldn't be willing to sacrifice anything to protect one of their children. In my opinion, any parent who says they wouldn't is either lying or has been fortunate enough to never need to protect their child from harm.

I heard it said once that "father's are the slayers of dragons". Whether that dragon is breathing fire, invisible in the closet or taking your daughter to dinner, the moment that it's time to put the dragon down, that dragon will be put down.

Here's to hoping that I don't have to put down a dragon anytime soon. But, as the father of two teenage daughters and a former dragon myself, I know for a fact that there are dragons waiting around every corner.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Once a dragon, always a dragon. grinning smiley

True smoking smiley... Thankfully my wife was able to domesticate me before her dad, brother or any of her 7 uncles were forced to slay me! Wanna talk about some intense screening...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2012 20:46

stonesrule
Realistically speaking, if his name wasn't Keith Richards and he was related to you, would you find it amusing to see Dad or Grandpa or Uncle behaving this way?

Amusing? Probably - I've got some stories that I find pretty funny on this topic.

Refreshing? Yes - good to hear that there are families that still close ranks and watch each other's backs.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 14, 2012 22:33

The GR
Pathetic. Playing with knives to act tough. Grow up for heavens sake you're a grandfather.
he's probably the most mature besides charlie that is

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 14, 2012 22:40

So let me get this straight, your "friend" was stabbed with a knife, so that means Keef shouldn't do knife tricks, or you will get upset with him...Ermmmm, yeah OK...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 14, 2012 22:43

ghostryder13
The GR
Pathetic. Playing with knives to act tough. Grow up for heavens sake you're a grandfather.

Are you on the sauce!? drinking smiley

Smoked a spliff? smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 15, 2012 02:14

ROPENI
Almost 70,to try to scare a 20 something boyfriend of his daughter is laughable,same shit as pulling a knife on a reporter that asked him a question he didn't like,and yes pathetic is a good description of his actions....
Maybe, he would do better by playing his guitar for them....

Maybe but by now you know Keith's mental age has always been 13, that he lives in a fantasy world of his own, part gangster movie part swashbuckling film with Errol Flynn hanging from a rope.

So get over it plz [I mean not just Ropeni of course! Nothing personal here]! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 11:25 by dcba.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 15, 2012 02:19

dcba
ROPENI
Almost 70,to try to scare a 20 something boyfriend of his daughter is laughable,same shit as pulling a knife on a reporter that asked him a question he didn't like,and yes pathetic is a good description of his actions....
Maybe, he would do better by playing his guitar for them....

So get over it plz!
Yes sir(Mam),no problem....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 02:22

you grow up,he's keith why not put the fear of jesus in your daughters boyfriend.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 15, 2012 02:37

backstreetboy1
you grow up,he's keith why not put the fear of jesus in your daughters boyfriend.
Basically,cause l don't think that at his age Keith playing with a knife,really can "put the fear of jesus" on anyone..He would be laughed out of the room...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 15, 2012 02:51

With Keith in the last 3-4 years, I've felt that all signs are pointing to Rock and Roll's Most Bizarre Death Ever...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 15, 2012 03:16

His Majesty
mr_dja
FYI -> Age matters not a bit when it comes to a father trying to protect his daughter from threats real or imagined. Brothers, Uncles and Grandfathers aren't far behind either. We really don't care if anyone thinks we look foolish in doing so either.

While it's very easy to laugh at the thought of Keith Richards trying to intimidate his daughters boyfriends, I'd be willing to bet that there's not a parent on this board who wouldn't be willing to sacrifice anything to protect one of their children. In my opinion, any parent who says they wouldn't is either lying or has been fortunate enough to never need to protect their child from harm.

I heard it said once that "father's are the slayers of dragons". Whether that dragon is breathing fire, invisible in the closet or taking your daughter to dinner, the moment that it's time to put the dragon down, that dragon will be put down.

Here's to hoping that I don't have to put down a dragon anytime soon. But, as the father of two teenage daughters and a former dragon myself, I know for a fact that there are dragons waiting around every corner.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Once a dragon, always a dragon. grinning smiley
Having grown up with four brothers and married to a street smart guy from Dorchester, I'd be amazed if ONLY knife tricks were involved when our daughter brings home her first beau - I pity the poor fellow smoking smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 15, 2012 06:52

My brother put it best: "As my daughter enters her teenage years, I've developed a greater appreciation for the Second Amendment."

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 15, 2012 11:01

Don't mess with Keef.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:45

Recent pic of Keith meeting the girls' date:

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 22:33

His Majesty
ghostryder13
The GR

Are you on the sauce!? drinking smiley

Smoked a spliff? smoking smiley
i consider him very mature because he's a devoted family man who is not out sleeping around

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home