Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards scares daughters' boyfriends
Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: February 14, 2012 13:47

Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra says the rocker does tricks with knives to "intimidate" her boyfriends.

Keith Richards "intimidates" his daughters' boyfriends with knives.

The Rolling Stones rocker is very protective of 26-year-old Theodora and 25-year-old Alexandra - his girls with wife Patti Hansen - but trusts their instincts in knowing what makes them happy.

Alexandra said: "He's quite protective. Sometimes it's hard for him. Sometimes he takes boyfriends to the other end of the house to show them some tricks he can do with a knife to intimidate them a little, to warn them that they shouldn't make me or my sister suffer. But then he's very pleasant.

"I think he trusts my instincts and that I know what makes me happy."

Alexandra - who is dating DJ Nick Cohen - also works as a DJ and says her famous father is very proud of her career.

She told Hola! Argentina magazine: "He came once with a friend to the bar where I started out. Luckily, it was a quiet night. There was hardly anyone there and no one bothered him. I took the opportunity to put on all his favourite tunes.

"He's very proud of my work. When my picture comes out in the papers, it can make him cry."

(Hello)

Link

Re: Keith Richards scares daughters' boyfriends
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:02

Did anyone ever call his bluff?

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:11

I would marry her if I can, just to be part of Keith's family!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:44

Pathetic. Playing with knives to act tough. Grow up for heavens sake you're a grandfather.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:51

The GR
Pathetic. Playing with knives to act tough. Grow up for heavens sake you're a grandfather.

I think it is just funny.
I wonder, does GR stand for GRumpy ? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:59

GR stands for 'a friend of mine was stabbed once so I don't find knives very funny'.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 14, 2012 15:38

Almost 70,to try to scare a 20 something boyfriend of his daughter is laughable,same shit as pulling a knife on a reporter that asked him a question he didn't like,and yes pathetic is a good description of his actions....
Maybe, he would do better by playing his guitar for them....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 14, 2012 15:52

The GR
GR stands for 'a friend of mine was stabbed

I am very sorry for you and your friend. A terrible experience. But I still find the story that Alex is telling very amusing.

-------------------

Date: February 14, 2012 15:54

ROPENI
pulling a knife on a reporter

Now that's a story I would like to know more about. Especially why Keith wasn't arrested for it. Or was he ?

-------------------

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 14, 2012 16:17

You guys don't have much of a sense of humor, don't you?

As father of two girls, when it will be my turn to welcome their boyfriends, you bet I'm going to show them bastards a couple of tricks with the blade!

C

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 14, 2012 16:28

It could be worse, you know.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 14, 2012 16:30

liddas
You guys don't have much of a sense of humor, don't you?

As father of two girls, when it will be my turn to welcome their boyfriends, you bet I'm going to show them bastards a couple of tricks with the blade!

C
Cmon liddas,just think about it, Keith hands are a mess from arthritis,l can't see him doing any tricks with a knife with those hands,plus at his age,his reflexes are not very good,plus he may have the "shakes" from his medicines,he be better off,showing the boyfriends,the 38 he used to carry back in the day,when he used to go to Lower East side of Manhattan,to score drugs...smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 14, 2012 16:40

open-g
It could be worse

It could be raining smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 14, 2012 16:41

He doesn't want guys to do to his daughters what he did to girls. Hmmmm?

Date: February 14, 2012 16:42

More Hot Rocks
He doesn't want guys to do to his daughters what he did to girls.

Isn't that the terrible dilemna for every dad ? smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 14, 2012 16:42

I'd kindly ask/request Keith to please not play with knives...
it is not (another) a headline/excuse I'd care to hear about...

Come on Keith, show those kids some guitar tricks... get your chops going,
then maybe take it off and threatne them with it... but stay away from knives,
they are stupid weapon, and not very effective.... so I have heard anyway.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 14, 2012 16:45

Rolling Hansie
More Hot Rocks
He doesn't want guys to do to his daughters what he did to girls.

Isn't that the terrible dilemna for every dad ? smiling smiley

Indeed!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 14, 2012 17:09

It is what fathers do with their girl's boyfriends. Intimidate them a little. Never works, but has to be done.

Date: February 14, 2012 17:15

The stock reply for when Keith pulls the blade...

[youtu.be]

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 14, 2012 17:18

The GR

Oh c'mon. I seriously don't think he's trying to "act tough." Having followed Keith for ages and read so much about him, I think it's just his slightly warped sense of humour. Can't someone who's a grandfather still have a little fun? Or when one reaches a certain age should they just lose all sense of fun and sit in a wheelchair and drool? Let the guy have some fun!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 14, 2012 17:30

There is the story about a guest taking some food of his from Angela's wedding and Keith chasing his ass around the house with some weapon or another...he has history here. peace

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 14, 2012 17:41

stonesdan60
slightly warped sense of humour

Keith's maternal grandfather Gus Dupree had seven (or so) daughters, and when young men came to court them,
the girls would sit on a sofa under the window, and the young men sat opposite them, facing the window.
Gus amused himself by dangling a condom on a string outside the aforementioned window from the floor above.

and the moral is: slightly warped senses of humour vis-a-vis daughters' suitors seem to run in the family

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 14, 2012 17:55

It sounds like Alexandra needs to date guys who aren't wimps.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:10

Naturalust
There is the story about a guest taking some food of his from Angela's wedding and Keith chasing his ass around the house with some weapon or another...he has history here. peace

Can't blame him. It's totally understandable to freak out if somebody has stolen your spring onions tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:14

FYI -> Age matters not a bit when it comes to a father trying to protect his daughter from threats real or imagined. Brothers, Uncles and Grandfathers aren't far behind either. We really don't care if anyone thinks we look foolish in doing so either.

While it's very easy to laugh at the thought of Keith Richards trying to intimidate his daughters boyfriends, I'd be willing to bet that there's not a parent on this board who wouldn't be willing to sacrifice anything to protect one of their children. In my opinion, any parent who says they wouldn't is either lying or has been fortunate enough to never need to protect their child from harm.

I heard it said once that "father's are the slayers of dragons". Whether that dragon is breathing fire, invisible in the closet or taking your daughter to dinner, the moment that it's time to put the dragon down, that dragon will be put down.

Here's to hoping that I don't have to put down a dragon anytime soon. But, as the father of two teenage daughters and a former dragon myself, I know for a fact that there are dragons waiting around every corner.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:22

MRambler
Naturalust

Can't blame him. It's totally understandable to freak out if somebody has stolen your spring onions tongue sticking out smiley
LOLcool smiley dang onion pluckers

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:33

If my little sister's dates were academic types, I'd question them on their athletics, if they were athletic, I'd inquire about their academic plans. Establish that upper hand and let them know someone is paying attention.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 14, 2012 18:41

Saw him up close on the b-stage in 2006 and it scared the sh1t outta me!

Date: February 14, 2012 19:07

mr_dja
FYI -> Age matters not a bit when it comes to a father trying to protect his daughter from threats real or imagined. Brothers, Uncles and Grandfathers aren't far behind either. We really don't care if anyone thinks we look foolish in doing so either.

While it's very easy to laugh at the thought of Keith Richards trying to intimidate his daughters boyfriends, I'd be willing to bet that there's not a parent on this board who wouldn't be willing to sacrifice anything to protect one of their children. In my opinion, any parent who says they wouldn't is either lying or has been fortunate enough to never need to protect their child from harm.

I heard it said once that "father's are the slayers of dragons". Whether that dragon is breathing fire, invisible in the closet or taking your daughter to dinner, the moment that it's time to put the dragon down, that dragon will be put down.

Here's to hoping that I don't have to put down a dragon anytime soon. But, as the father of two teenage daughters and a former dragon myself, I know for a fact that there are dragons waiting around every corner.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Once a dragon, always a dragon. grinning smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:14

The GR
GR stands for 'a friend of mine was stabbed once so I don't find knives very funny'.

I was stabbed once & I still find it very funny.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home