Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: THE WORST ALBUMS ALL TIME
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 2, 2012 15:21

Glam Descendant
>3. High expectations from the public

>All those criteria were filled by the band at the time.

Au contraire, I don't recall any particular high expectations at the time.

(I personally loved UNDERCOVER but then, as now, I seemed to be in a minority.)

large minority that is...

Date: February 2, 2012 15:25

More Hot Rocks
Why isn't Emotional Rescue and Undercover on there?

Because those albums are masterpieces compared to DW.

Date: February 2, 2012 15:27

Stoneage
To produce something so grandiosely bad as "Dirty Work" there has to some predetermined factors involved, it has to be a: 1. Well known band of world status. 2. High budget 3. High expectations from the public 4. Long production time. And so on. All those criteria were filled by the band at the time.

Those weren't predetermined, they were determined years before. They fit the bill perfectly and delivered marvelously.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 2, 2012 16:12

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a feeling that WLTPTB is Skipstones new pseudonym. Am I right? Is it you, Skippy?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 2, 2012 16:18

The latest addition to the pantheon of truly awful albums is Lulu by Lou Reed and Metallica. I played the second disc of it in the car for my wife last month and I've never heard her laugh so loud. Lou's going on about "spermless like a girl" and other pretentious nonsense. My wife blamed it on Laurie Anderson: "Didn't she have the heart to tell him this is crap?!?!?"

I'd include Metal Machine Music, but I kinda like that sometimes in short increments. I have to be feeling particularly nihilistic and too lazy to reach the remote. The quadrophonic mix that was released on blu-ray a couple years ago is interesting.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 2, 2012 16:30

I, for one, like Neil Young's Everybody's Rockin'. Who cares if it doesn't sound like "Neil Young". It's a fun album. Landing On Water ain't that bad either.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 2, 2012 17:41

Dirty Work.

Horrible 1980's compressed drums.

I'm listening to "Hold Back" at this very second, could they have the drums any louder in the mix.

I hated the 80's.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 2, 2012 18:29

Dylan - Saved
Stones - Emotional Rescue
Deep Purple - Last Concert In Japan

If I was sat at home looking at the CD shelves I'm sure more would spring to mind but theres a good start

Date: February 2, 2012 18:32

Stoneage
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a feeling that WLTPTB is Skipstones new pseudonym. Am I right? Is it you, Skippy?

The silence is deafening...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 2, 2012 18:34

ab
The latest addition to the pantheon of truly awful albums is Lulu by Lou Reed and Metallica. I played the second disc of it in the car for my wife last month and I've never heard her laugh so loud. Lou's going on about "spermless like a girl" and other pretentious nonsense. My wife blamed it on Laurie Anderson: "Didn't she have the heart to tell him this is crap?!?!?"

I'd include Metal Machine Music, but I kinda like that sometimes in short increments. I have to be feeling particularly nihilistic and too lazy to reach the remote. The quadrophonic mix that was released on blu-ray a couple years ago is interesting.

his latest isn't as bad as i was expecting. and, yeah, sometimes i'm just in the mood for some MMM...and when you're in that mood, there really are no available alternatives....

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: February 2, 2012 18:37

Black & Blue - CRAAP!!!

Bo winking smiley

Date: February 2, 2012 18:39

hedegaard
Black & Blue - CRAAP!!!

Bo winking smiley

That's crazy, mama

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 19:02

hedegaard
Black & Blue - CRAAP!!!

Bo winking smiley

My wish is that someday all post-Exile Stones albums are remastered/remixed to sound like Black & Blue....Yes, I know, it can't be done...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 2, 2012 19:23

GravityBoy
Dirty Work.

Horrible 1980's compressed drums.

I'm listening to "Hold Back" at this very second, could they have the drums any louder in the mix.

I hated the 80's.

I hate the 80's too. Terrible time for everything. Especially music.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 2, 2012 19:24

Drums in the 1980's had to sound like someone wacking a cardboard box really hard.

Terrible.

Date: February 2, 2012 19:28

GravityBoy
Drums in the 1980's had to sound like someone wacking a cardboard box really hard.

Terrible.

i'm lobbying congress to have the 80's removed from the official record...and this would have the residual effect of making all of us ten years younger. it's tough to get congress to act on anything these days, so don't hold your breaths....

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 2, 2012 20:16

A few lp's or cd's from the 1980's could be saved, this one's in

HMN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 2, 2012 20:33

A Bigger Bang

Date: February 2, 2012 20:39

KRiffhard
A Bigger Bang

it will at least go down as arguably the worst swan song of a major act...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 2, 2012 20:54

Rod Stewart - Body Wishes - Here's a clue, "Baby Jane" was the best song on it.

Date: February 2, 2012 21:07

StonesTod
KRiffhard
A Bigger Bang

Are you kiddin' me? It's probabaly one of their best. It would of been far worst if they never got back together in 89'. DW, ER and Undercover being the last.Holy cow. Now that's sad.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 21:15

Honestman
A few lp's or cd's from the 1980's could be saved, this one's in

Unfortunately, that song is actually from the 60s, when it was known as "Run Through The Jungle."

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 21:16

More Hot Rocks
Why isn't Emotional Rescue and Undercover on there?

Because it is about the Worst albums of all time, not the Best albums of all time.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 2, 2012 21:16

More Hot Rocks
StonesTod
KRiffhard
A Bigger Bang

Are you kiddin' me? It's probabaly one of their best. It would of been far worst if they never got back together in 89'. DW, ER and Undercover being the last.Holy cow. Now that's sad.

Surprised you didn't say that one of the worst albums of all time is Some Girls, in the same post

Date: February 2, 2012 21:24

Next time. I forgot.

Date: February 3, 2012 02:28

StonesTod
GravityBoy

Terrible.

i'm lobbying congress to have the 80's removed from the official record...and this would have the residual effect of making all of us ten years younger. it's tough to get congress to act on anything these days, so don't hold your breaths....

That would also have the effect of removing the Reagan years from existence, leaving us with only 2 years of George HW Bush. On the bright side, he would never have made the 'read my lips' statement.

Date: February 3, 2012 02:33

treaclefingers
StonesTod
GravityBoy

Terrible.

That would also have the effect of removing the Reagan years from existence, leaving us with only 2 years of George HW Bush. On the bright side, he would never have made the 'read my lips' statement.

actually just one year ghwb...and one year on the front end with jimmy. as i said, i wouldn't get tooooo worked up about this bill...nothing's happening on the hill these days....

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: February 3, 2012 02:41

palerider22
hedegaard
Black & Blue - CRAAP!!!

Bo winking smiley

My wish is that someday all post-Exile Stones albums are remastered/remixed to sound like Black & Blue....Yes, I know, it can't be done...

I wont buy them! (LOL)

Bo

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: February 3, 2012 02:53

Stoneage

Maaan you're slow, it's been known for weeks now.

Date: February 3, 2012 02:56

Hillside Blues
Stoneage

Maaan you're slow, it's been known for weeks now.

i surely hope it's not new, per se. i would like to think we all have at LEAST 8-10 spare pseudonyms ready to deploy in the event of disaster. you're not a proper stones fan if you don't come to the table prepared.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home