Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
THE WORST ALBUMS ALL TIME
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:16

Re: THE WORST ALBUMS ALL TIME
Posted by: mabo ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:31

I always loved DIRTY WORK!
And I still do!
It is rougher, harder, and more "straight to the point"
than every Album after... And it has NO FILLERS!

Some critics tell it over and over again! But that's bullshit!

Not too good are:
Voodoo Lounge &
Bridges to Babylon
Only about 3 good songs there on both albums!
Rest are FILLERS and are quiet boring!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:47

Dirty Work is only bad when compared to other Stones stuff. Compared to some other crap of the eightees it wasn't that bad. One Hit To The Body and Harlem Shuffle are underrated Stones classics. That hairstyle Mick had circa 1986 was pretty damn bad though.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 01:48 by FrankM.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 2, 2012 02:42

Maybe these should be the 50 most disappointing albums, then? Some of them, though, clearly look like they must just be bad. DW is the only one on the list I own!! It is bad compared to other Stones albums, surely. But... Hold Back.. that song is really quite awful to listen to. I've gone off on this album too many times on here to say more, though. Wish I could see that article well enough to read it! If this issue is still on news stands perhaps I'll have a look. (Do news stands even exist anymore??)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 2, 2012 02:44

mabo
I always loved DIRTY WORK!
And I still do!
It is rougher, harder, and more "straight to the point"
than every Album after... And it has NO FILLERS!

Some critics tell it over and over again! But that's bullshit!

Not too good are:
Voodoo Lounge &
Bridges to Babylon
Only about 3 good songs there on both albums!
Rest are FILLERS and are quiet boring!

No fillers? It's ALL filler.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 2, 2012 03:09

Ruben Studder (He won American Idol season 2)

Excellent soul voice and then ruined by songs that were written for him.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:17

My Top 5 worst albums all time:

1/
2/
3/
4/
5/

2 1 2 0

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:36

Come On

Really? That's one of my favorite albums. And just from a commercial standpoint it was successful and well received, although so was Rumors I guess. But it has several hits like "What's The Frequency Kenneth", "Star 69", "Crush With Eyeliner", "Bang And Blame" (one of my all-time favorite songs), and "Strange Currencies".

But to each their own I guess. I could see how people really attached to R.E.M.'s "jangle pop/rock" sound wouldn't have liked the electric departure, but I think it was a departure that worked. When I was a teenager EVERYBODY had that album. There are only 3 albums I remember everybody had. Nirvana - Unplugged In New York, Pearl Jam - Vitalogy, and R.E.M. - Monster.

Your taste is your own, and I won't question it, I was just a little surprised seeing that one there. And I'm a little curious as to your reason why. Did you just not like the change in sound or what?

Date: February 2, 2012 08:42

Your taste is your own, and I won't question it, I was just a little surprised seeing that one there. And I'm a little curious as to your reason why. Did you just not like the change in sound or what?

I'm most surprised that someone can lend an ear to this band ...this goes for the other 4 bands also...and as you point out 'Your taste is your own' smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:45

>Really? That's one of my favorite albums.

>Your taste is your own, and I won't question it, I was just a little surprised seeing that one there.

I agree -- it's nonsensical. "One of the worst 5 albums of all time"? Bizarre assertion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 08:46 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:00

Oh, so you just don't like R.E.M. at all. I get you, and understand, like all music they aren't for everybody. Most people that don't like Monster are usually fans of their early stuff who didn't like the change in direction. If you didn't like them at all I figured you'd pick one of their albums that usually get the most acclaim like "Automatic For The People" or "Murmurs" which are usually called their "masterpieces" and make the Rolling Stones greatest albums of all time type lists. Monster is an album that R.E.M. fans are kind of split on, even though the general public accepted it.

Date: February 2, 2012 09:12

Oh, so you just don't like R.E.M. at all

unfortunately this is the case, and I could have chosen any REM album to the list..

2 1 2 0

Date: February 2, 2012 09:14

Hey NoCode, don't waste your sincerity -- Come On is merely trolling.

Date: February 2, 2012 09:17

Glam Descendant
Hey NoCode, don't waste your sincerity -- Come On is merely trolling.

says???

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:19

To produce something so grandiosely bad as "Dirty Work" there has to some predetermined factors involved, it has to be a: 1. Well known band of world status. 2. High budget 3. High expectations from the public 4. Long production time. And so on. All those criteria were filled by the band at the time.

Date: February 2, 2012 09:23

>3. High expectations from the public

>All those criteria were filled by the band at the time.

Au contraire, I don't recall any particular high expectations at the time.

(I personally loved UNDERCOVER but then, as now, I seemed to be in a minority.)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:29

Okey, GD. Maybe not the highest expectations. But at the time I was looking forward to an album better than "Undercover". And I couldn't have been alone...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:33

Can't read the small print but when Fly On The Wall came out, I was mainly disappointed at the album production. You could barely hear what Brian Johnson was singing. When I eventually got the CD, it was a bit better but still, by far AC/DC's worst produced album. They should have kept Mutt Lange instead of trying to self produce. 1983's Flick of the Switch was their first self produced and another poor sounding album, although I remember at the time they said they were going for a more raw sound like Let There Be Rock album.

Date: February 2, 2012 09:42

>Can't read the small print

The "small print" merely says Come On chose 5 albums by popular bands she doesn't like. To quote:

"I'm most surprised that someone can lend an ear to this band ...this goes for the other 4 bands also..."

Date: February 2, 2012 10:16

DGA35
Can't read the small print but when Fly On The Wall came out, I was mainly disappointed at the album production. You could barely hear what Brian Johnson was singing. When I eventually got the CD, it was a bit better but still, by far AC/DC's worst produced album. They should have kept Mutt Lange instead of trying to self produce. 1983's Flick of the Switch was their first self produced and another poor sounding album, although I remember at the time they said they were going for a more raw sound like Let There Be Rock album.

i like FLICK OF THE SWITCH though but FLY ON THE WALL the songs aren't that great

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:26

I'm not to high on Sgt Peppers but 4th worst of all time??? Come on.

Date: February 2, 2012 11:26

leteyer

Now What?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 2, 2012 11:31

leteyer

It's the Bee Gees soundtrack...

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2012 11:49

.....how come me baby-photo album never made the list ????....He Haw...

ROCKMAN

Date: February 2, 2012 12:03

This was after just about everyone had left. Overend leads the parade on out of here.

That mid period Rod stuff is a toss up. They are all abysmal.

This is the embarrassing album that is the result of the even more embarrassing film.

I love the Furs; one of my all time favorite bands; even liked Love Spit Love. But this album is so incredibly milk toast, mid tempo, crap.

After 'Blue Moves' Elton went way down. There are about 3-4 albums, before or after that are just as bad;

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 2, 2012 13:09

I assume Superheavy and all of Mick's solo turds are in there ?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 2, 2012 14:40

Awful albums:

Consider

1. Knocked Out Loaded
2. Down In The Groove

Both by Bob Dylan.

Johnny Cash's Water From The Wells of Home is awful.

As is Neil Young's following albums:

1. Trans
2. Everybody's Rockin
3. Landing on Water
4. Life

Likewise Miles Davis' You're Under Arrest, McCartney's Press to Play.

But the biggest turds have to be the following two aberrations:

1. Duets Vol1 by Frank Sinatra
2. Duets Vol 2 also by Sinatra.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 2, 2012 14:48

Why isn't Emotional Rescue and Undercover on there?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 14:56

DGA35

I'm glad you put these both in the same sentence because, for me, Flick of the Switch is by far their weakest album. It's the one I listen to the least (of the studio albums anyway - don't listen much to If You Want Blood...either). I love Fly on the Wall, and have since I first got it - the title track, and of course the 2 big hits made popular by the Who Made Who soundtrack!! Great great stuff.

I was also shocked to see Monster and Rumours on there, but hey to each his own.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 2, 2012 15:19

NoCode0680
Come On

Really? That's one of my favorite albums. And just from a commercial standpoint it was successful and well received, although so was Rumors I guess. But it has several hits like "What's The Frequency Kenneth", "Star 69", "Crush With Eyeliner", "Bang And Blame" (one of my all-time favorite songs), and "Strange Currencies".

But to each their own I guess. I could see how people really attached to R.E.M.'s "jangle pop/rock" sound wouldn't have liked the electric departure, but I think it was a departure that worked. When I was a teenager EVERYBODY had that album. There are only 3 albums I remember everybody had. Nirvana - Unplugged In New York, Pearl Jam - Vitalogy, and R.E.M. - Monster.

Yes, this was a good album

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home