Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: Jumpin’ Jack Flash Live Saga (to be continued?)
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 8, 2023 00:54

I've never heard it played live like on the record.

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: May 8, 2023 02:20

The jump in BPM from 71 to 72 is really noticeable. Don't mind live tracks a bit faster than the studio versions but imo they definitely lose something when sped up this much.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 8, 2023 10:56

TimeIs
The Joker
[www.youtube.com] (2018)
Nice list, but this one isn't 2018. (They didn't play Rio in 2018!)
Thanks. I corrected.

Date: May 8, 2023 10:57

frankotero
Ultimately I'm for 1969 live version, second is 1968 video version, absolute primal intensity. The song in it's truest form in my opinion.

1969 is my all favorite too.
Slow, crushing intensity.
Charlie at his very best.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 8, 2023 15:27

I'm amazed by the inventiveness of the people on this forum. I have been reading it since 2005 or so and still somebody manages to conjure up a new type of thread. I'm sure somebody soon will do the same comparison for say satisfaction...

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 8, 2023 15:33

1969 if this is vote for you favorite. Just the rawness and grit of this tour. It is truly the beginning of the modern rock show.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 9, 2023 02:10

Whale
I'm amazed by the inventiveness of the people on this forum. I have been reading it since 2005 or so and still somebody manages to conjure up a new type of thread. I'm sure somebody soon will do the same comparison for say satisfaction...

People, including myself, that live Satisfaction is played way too fast. It also lacks Bill's counterpoint on bass. Both JJF and Satisfaction live emphasize the guitar to the point they sound very similar.

Re: Track Talk: Jumpin' Jack Flash
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 9, 2023 03:02

1978 version in rockinghardandfast:

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 10, 2023 08:15

rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

As good as that is, with its franticness and energy, it's still lightyears away from 1969-1971's swagger. They essentially ruined it in 1972 and never opted to get back to the sex of 1969. It's basically been a disaster ever since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-12 07:34 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 10, 2023 13:20

GasLightStreet
rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

As good as that is, with it's franticness and energy, it's still lightyears away from 1969-1971's swagger. They essentially ruined it in 1972 and never opted to get back to the sex of 1969. It's basically been a disaster ever since.

You are right; the"swagger" is a trademark element of the best Stones' music. But kickass live performances of JJF in 1978 up to 1997 (doubledoor gig) are my favorites. I like it when they kick it hard and furious!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: May 12, 2023 07:39

rollmops
GasLightStreet
rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

As good as that is, with it's franticness and energy, it's still lightyears away from 1969-1971's swagger. They essentially ruined it in 1972 and never opted to get back to the sex of 1969. It's basically been a disaster ever since.

You are right; the"swagger" is a trademark element of the best Stones' music. But kickass live performances of JJF in 1978 up to 1997 (doubledoor gig) are my favorites. I like it when they kick it hard and furious!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

My issue with what you've stated, not YOU, but IT, is that it's a long way away from having hips, sex, swagger, some roll with authority. It's just BOM BOM buh duh duh buh duh duh with awful singing. The chose to leave the swagger behind and just bash through it.

This is hips, sex, swagger, some roll with authority:

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 12, 2023 10:02

GasLightStreet
rollmops
GasLightStreet
rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Rockandroll,
Mops

My issue with what you've stated, not YOU, but IT, is that it's a long way away from having hips, sex, swagger, some roll with authority. It's just BOM BOM buh duh duh buh duh duh with awful singing. The chose to leave the swagger behind and just bash through it.

This is hips, sex, swagger, some roll with authority:

Well, I think we’d all at some point like to be the 26 year old version of ourselves.
That ain’t happening pal, so we rock out with what we got.
That being said,watching this clip is there any doubt The Stones are the baddest mthfckrs ever.
That swagger, those just downright dirty guitars,that rhythm section.
I try to find something better, I really do.
Elvis with the comeback special, maybe an old clip of Little Richard or Chuck Berry but no.
That’s the Merck,you ain’t gonna find it any where else.

JJF lyrics
Date: January 6, 2024 13:57

Super super important question about "All right" JJF lyrics, othewihse nobody sleeps

Is Ya yas JJF version the only (overdubbed) that features the one-time only

"It's alllllllllll right"

instead of

"It's all right, It's all right" ?

They erase the MSG original vocal to make it sound more like the JJF studio version?

Re: Super super important question about "All right" JJF lyrics, othewihse nobody sleeps
Date: January 6, 2024 14:08

The Joker

instead of

They erase the MSG original vocal to make it sound more like the JJF studio version?

Also on Rock'n'Roll Circus and Leeds 71.

Re: Super super important question about "All right" JJF lyrics, othewihse nobody sleeps
Date: January 6, 2024 14:17

DandelionPowderman
The Joker

instead of

Also on Rock'n'Roll Circus and Leeds 71.

Dear Dandelion, it doesn't awswer to the question :-)

Is the single "all aright" on ya ya a pure effect of post-production to make it sound more commmercial?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 6, 2024 14:28

Yes

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 7, 2024 03:42

The Joker

Is the single "all aright" on ya ya a pure effect of post-production to make it sound more commmercial?

Strange question. Making it sound more commercial has been the entire point of the last 60 years' output! eg Why else would you have multiple coloured versions of a new album as they have done with HD?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 7, 2024 04:44

The Joker

instead of

Yes.

So we know it's not live. Yet... the "It's all right, It's all right" whatever is way better.

1972, 1973 and 1975 it was the drawn out allllright.

1978 was "It's all right now..."

Since then... a quasi combination but still not as good.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 7, 2024 05:23

The Joker

instead of

After listening to the MSG 69 copyright dump tracks that were dropped at the end of 12/19, in particular Jack Flash from 11/27 (which is the one that ended up on Ya Yas with new vocals), I feel the Stones made a big, big mistake in re-working that track. They should have left it alone instead of tinkering with it. Jagger's original vocals are powerful and balls to the wall biting, even with the "Whooo" that was chopped out after one of the choruses. you can tell from listening to that track that he was into it.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 7, 2024 14:37

Sighunt
Jagger's original vocals are powerful and balls to the wall biting, even with the "Whooo" that was chopped out after one of the choruses. you can tell from listening to that track that he was into it.

I also like the original vocals better, but they are out of tune. I think that is what makes it better, but I can understand Jagger to replace it.

Mathijs

Re: JJF lyrics
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: January 7, 2024 20:53

That's why I transferred the Gimme Shelter movie to CD. I much prefer that JJF vocal to the overdub. That and the Satisfaction has a ripping solo!

AND, the Flying Burrito Brothers doing Six Days on the Road as an added bonus to the Stones' performances. Like having Taj Mahal on Rock and Roll Circus - a wonderful complement to the band!

TeaAtThree

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 7, 2024 21:01

Can we sleep now? grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: January 7, 2024 21:11

Doxa
Can we sleep now? grinning smiley

- Doxa

OMG.
Let's make the best of it while Bjornulf is still in the cockpit.
I will dearly miss this Stones' madhouse.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: January 13, 2024 09:59

Sighunt
The Joker

instead of

After listening to the MSG 69 copyright dump tracks that were dropped at the end of 12/19, in particular Jack Flash from 11/27 (which is the one that ended up on Ya Yas with new vocals), I feel the Stones made a big, big mistake in re-working that track. They should have left it alone instead of tinkering with it. Jagger's original vocals are powerful and balls to the wall biting, even with the "Whooo" that was chopped out after one of the choruses. you can tell from listening to that track that he was into it.

Where can we get this copyright dump track? I don't seem to recall this one. I want to hear it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home