Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith and Me
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 2, 2011 01:06

stonesrule
I knew you were a wholesome type!

Me? Wholesome? hah!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 2, 2011 01:14

Good one Tele. I thought the band looked very approachable on the MO tour when I saw them do the public television filming in Chicago. I talked with Drayton and he was very relaxed and open to talking. Keith and the others were in a great mood off stage and off. Extremely laid back vibe. One thing always striking to me is how tiny Keith and the rest of the Stones are. Really short and small boned folks. I always wrote that off to the low calcium diets in their childhood years. This was true of many English musicians from that era. One of the best lines was from Eric Clapton who in the Ronnie Lane dvd "The Passing Show" referred to the Small Faces as looking like Hobbits on stage.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 2, 2011 01:14

BroomWagon
That's a good picture. Thank you for sharing. Acquaintance met MJ.

Oh well, I saw Jack Palance in a bar once!smiling bouncing smiley

John Candy for me.

Date: December 2, 2011 01:19

filstan
Good one Tele. I thought the band looked very approachable on the MO tour when I saw them do the public television filming in Chicago. I talked with Drayton and he was very relaxed and open to talking. Keith and the others were in a great mood off stage and off. Extremely laid back vibe. One thing always striking to me is how tiny Keith and the rest of the Stones are. Really short and small boned folks. I always wrote that off to the low calcium diets in their childhood years. This was true of many English musicians from that era. One of the best lines was from Eric Clapton who in the Ronnie Lane dvd "The Passing Show" referred to the Small Faces as looking like Hobbits on stage.

They were all cool except for Steve Jordan. I don't know, maybe he was having as bad day. And yeah, it surprised me how short Mr. Richards is.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 2, 2011 01:25

71Tele
duke richardson
tell us about it, tele! what events led to this pic?

I was offered a backstage pass to the Winos show at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, circa 1994. My lone brush with Stones greatness.

Winos played that venue on 17th Jan 1993, if that helps. Opening show of the US tour.

Great pic.

Date: December 2, 2011 01:39

Gazza
71Tele
duke richardson
tell us about it, tele! what events led to this pic?

I was offered a backstage pass to the Winos show at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, circa 1994. My lone brush with Stones greatness.

Winos played that venue on 17th Jan 1993, if that helps. Opening show of the US tour.

Great pic.

Thanks Gazza. The 90s are kind of a blur to me. Maybe the only thing Keith and I have in common!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 2, 2011 01:40

Very nice..thumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: December 2, 2011 01:48

Awesome pic. How tall is your friend? I've always been curious about how tall Keith is. I got to meet Ivan Neville last year. I went and saw Dumpstaphunk and the crowd was pretty small. He hung around and talked to a bunch of us after the show. Super nice guy.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 2, 2011 02:04

Great one Tele! Great story too...you guys are looking a little eastern European.
Where was this? On the west coast?

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 2, 2011 02:05

Very fine pix! Thanks for posting!

Date: December 2, 2011 02:57

whitem8
Great one Tele! Great story too...you guys are looking a little eastern European.

In Seattle, whitem8. Eastern European? People have called me worse.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 2, 2011 03:10

71Tele
steel driving hammer
How did Keith smell? Good? Bad?

Steve Jordan was an a-hole.

It has been my experience (and there are exceptions), but the less the talent, the bigger the @#$%&.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 2, 2011 03:15

71Tele
shortfatfanny
cool...so you opened your archive as well...

Yes, my very limited archive.

Maybe but a very cool one thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 2, 2011 03:15

Cool pic and story, Tele. Surprised you have sat on this one for so long. I love the "russian department store" anecdote. Too bad to hear Jordan was being an arse, though.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 2, 2011 03:28

Excellent pic!

Date: December 2, 2011 03:28

theimposter
Cool pic and story, Tele. Surprised you have sat on this one for so long. I love the "russian department store" anecdote. Too bad to hear Jordan was being an arse, though.

It took me that long to get a digital version of the photo!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 2, 2011 03:58

71Tele
whitem8

Awesome stuff Tele71! You guys look so dazed realizing you were actually there with your hero. Awesome!!! So tell more...what happened? What did you you say to Keith? Did he sign anything for you? Why was Jordon an !@#!@hole??

Date: December 2, 2011 04:11

whitem8
71Tele
whitem8

Awesome stuff Tele71! You guys look so dazed realizing you were actually there with your hero. Awesome!!! So tell more...what happened? What did you you say to Keith? Did he sign anything for you? Why was Jordon an !@#!@hole??

I am ashamed to say I forgot all the burning guitar questions I had saved up since I was 15 years ago. I was too awestruck....I tried to chat with Jordan because I had just seen his former Letterman bandmates in New York. He didn't react well. Maybe that experience ended badly for him. Maybe he's just an unpleasant person and doesn't like fans asking him questions.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: December 2, 2011 04:16

GumbootCloggeroo
Keith is doing the ol' "damn, this guy has horrible B.O." pose.

No...Keith is doing the ol' "damn, this guy is a Woodie-disparaging Taylorite through and through...get me the f*ck away from him..." pose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-02 04:17 by Turd On The Run.

Date: December 2, 2011 04:23

Turd On The Run
GumbootCloggeroo
Keith is doing the ol' "damn, this guy has horrible B.O." pose.

No...Keith is doing the ol' "damn, this guy is a Woodie-disparaging Taylorite through and through...get me the f*ck away from him..." pose.

No, I left my Taylorite membership card home that night so I could get past backstage security.

Date: December 2, 2011 05:15

Do we get more out of the Steve Jordan story? I'm genuinely curious and I don't consider him untalented.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 2, 2011 06:15

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Do we get more out of the Steve Jordan story? I'm genuinely curious and I don't consider him untalented.

It sounds like there isn't much to tell. He made it to the backstage meet and greet photo-op line and then tried to engage Steve Jordan in a conversation, which he wasn't in the mood for.

Whether Steve is always like that with the random nobodies who make it backstage can't really be established from one person's brief encounter with him.

Date: December 2, 2011 07:16

bustedtrousers
WilliamPatrickMaynard

It sounds like there isn't much to tell. He made it to the backstage meet and greet photo-op line and then tried to engage Steve Jordan in a conversation, which he wasn't in the mood for.

Whether Steve is always like that with the random nobodies who make it backstage can't really be established from one person's brief encounter with him.

Yes, I have no idea if Jordan is always like that, which I said...thanks for describing me as a "random nobody", busted. Your kindness is noted. winking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 2, 2011 07:18

Sure, but only the most randomest "random nobody" ever!smileys with beer

Date: December 2, 2011 07:21

Justin
Sure, but only the most randomest "random nobody" ever!smileys with beer

Well, if I have to be the most anything it might as well be the most random.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 2, 2011 11:26

71Tele

...when I was younger and better looking (me at left). The other gentleman is my good friend and fellow guitarist Scott Maish.

Who's that player on the left? smoking smiley

Date: December 2, 2011 11:35

Nice pic, Tele!

Take good care of it smileys with beer

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 2, 2011 11:39

71Tele
bustedtrousers
WilliamPatrickMaynard

Yes, I have no idea if Jordan is always like that, which I said...thanks for describing me as a "random nobody", busted. Your kindness is noted. winking smiley

I would be as much of one as you if I were ever in that situation. Most everyone would be.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 2, 2011 16:49

71Tele
They were all cool except for Steve Jordan. I don't know, maybe he was having as bad day...

I'd like to know more ... obnoxious? stand-offish?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 2, 2011 17:14

LeonidP
71Tele
They were all cool except for Steve Jordan. I don't know, maybe he was having as bad day...

I'd like to know more ... obnoxious? stand-offish?

we talkin' jordan or tele?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home