Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The Black Crowes
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 7, 2011 02:52

Naturalust you should visit and contribute to the Christmas songs thread, that is, if you want the good stuff from Santa this year.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 7, 2011 03:13

Thanks MKC, I'll let DMB do the talking for now...maybe later. peace

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 7, 2011 16:06

bustedtrousers
Naturalust
VoodooLounge13

While I do like Alice In Chains, and especially all of their acoustic stuff, I'd hardly rank them among our nation's best bands, but again that's just my opinion. As for Neil Young, I absolutely LOVE Neil Young, but the last time I checked he was born north of the border in Canada, and is more a soloist than a band, same with Stevie Wonder..........

Yeah but Neil lives in my neighborhood (SF Bay area) and gave up Canada a long time ago. He is more American that our current President these days! I also thing his band Crazy Horse is very important to his success, Neil said as much when inducted into the Hall of Fame. Stevie Wonder wrote song about NYC and made his fortune with Barry Gordy and MoTown, last I checked Detroit was in America, so he is a product of USA too. peace.

Why would you say that? "Our current President" was born America, has an American mother, and except for the ages of six to ten, grew up in America. Neil Young wasn't, doesn't, and didn't (although his mother is of partial American descent).

So why would you say Neil Young is more American than our President? Are you a "birther"? Do you think "our current President" is less American because you don't agree with his policies? Or because his Dad was from Africa, which makes him half black? Is the exclamation after supposed to qualify it as a joke and make it acceptable? Do you not know that such statements are to be avoided on here because they can lead to political arguments? Congratulations Einstein, you just sealed your thread's fate of likely being closed.

If you don't like him or his policies for whatever reason, that's your right. I'm not his biggest fan either, but I want to know what ignorance your statement, serious or not, is based upon.

Unless you've got a rational explanation, and "it was just a joke, I wasn't serious" type crap doesn't work, this coupled with the fact that you like Dave Matthews says volumes to me about what type of person you are.

Peace indeed.

Hey Naturalust,
Yes, I know Stevie Wonder is from Detroit. I apologize - I didn't mean to infer that he was from Canada as well. I'd meant that I consider him to be more of a solo artist than a band, same as I do with Neil Young. Hope that clears up that mis-type on my part!
thanks
VL13

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 7, 2011 16:45

i'm i to understand if you like dave matthews (or anybody else) it informs ppl of what type of person you are?

i like ray conniff...so what kind of person does that make me?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 7, 2011 17:19

StonesTod
i'm i to understand if you like dave matthews (or anybody else) it informs ppl of what type of person you are?

ray frkin conniff was awesome!!

my parents had lots of his albums...brings back memories

Date: December 7, 2011 17:23

duke richardson
StonesTod

ray frkin conniff was awesome!!

my parents had lots of his albums...brings back memories

great trombonist...great bandleader...loved the vocal arrangements...they still sound great. i just don't understand what kinda person it makes me. i like dmb, too, if that helps at all...

Date: December 7, 2011 19:17

I love 80's hair metal!! Which most people on here loathe, so what's that say about me?!?!?

Date: December 7, 2011 19:19

VoodooLounge13
I love 80's hair metal!! Which most people on here loathe, so what's that say about me?!?!?

that you prolly need a hairpiece now...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2011 21:03

StonesTod
VoodooLounge13

that you prolly need a hairpiece now...

or substantially less mousse.

Date: December 7, 2011 21:58

VoodooLounge13

You rock! No worries here, I cover a coupla Tesla tunes in my set some nights. A good song is a good song, no matter the bin it is thrown in. peace.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 7, 2011 23:46

Downloaded the last Filmore concert off of iTunes a year ago...damn that was a great show

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 7, 2011 23:55

StonesTod

a conniffer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2011 00:05

rattler2004
Downloaded the last Filmore concert off of iTunes a year ago...damn that was a great show
So did I. It is a good show.Listen to it a lot.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 8, 2011 00:59

VoodooLounge13

A lot of it has dated badly but I am still rather fond of Poison. Shall I get my coat?

Date: December 8, 2011 02:03

Braincapers
VoodooLounge13

A lot of it has dated badly but I am still rather fond of Poison. Shall I get my coat?

yikes poison was probably the worst of those bands

Date: December 8, 2011 08:21

yawn

a million more interesting bands; imposters, really

Date: December 10, 2011 16:03

I want to amend my statement about the Crowes not being good writers. It took them a long time to get good, but those last two albums "Warpaint" and "Frost...whatever" are great. I just was listening to "Gold in them hills" and once again "Whoa Mule" - those are beautiful cuts.

Date: December 10, 2011 20:40

..............no hair piece or less mousse needed here LOL I'm all of 35 with a full head of thick hair. Rarely use gel and never mousse LOL I actually think that much of it has aged well, with maybe Motley Crue's early stuff being the exception. While I still like it, I don't think it still sounds all that well these days....And I love Poison as well - especially after Bret Michaels' seasons on Rock Of Love. Hysterical and I'd forgotten just how many cool songs they'd written.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 10, 2011 22:52

GREAT band

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 11, 2011 00:29

Naturalust
VoodooLounge13

You rock! No worries here, I cover a coupla Tesla tunes in my set some nights. A good song is a good song, no matter the bin it is thrown in. peace.

Oh boy. Dave Matthews, and now Tesla and hair metal. That explains even more. peace.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 11, 2011 00:53

Got myself a Crowes record: warpaint live. Today. But I was slightly disappointed.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:08

Re: The Black Crowes new
Date: December 11, 2011 00:53

Got myself a Crowes record: warpaint live. Today. But I was slightly disappointed.

Why is that Whale? It's one I'm curious about 'cause I've never heard it (nor de studio record of Warpaint). Not enough good songs? Long jams?

Date: December 11, 2011 02:23

It's because some of the song material just isn't so good.
It's well played, and it should sound great had you been there actually, but it seems to lack an edge.
Really there's worse records around, but at least buy all Black keys records before you get this one, because really they are a lot more enjoyable. And your lady will like them more too than the Crowes.

Date: December 11, 2011 02:24

bustedtrousers
Naturalust
VoodooLounge13

Oh boy. Dave Matthews, and now Tesla and hair metal. That explains even more. peace.

tesla really isn't hair metal

Date: December 11, 2011 02:46

For instance now I'm listening torn and frayed.
When you hear the original the timing is perfect. This one the piano is just wandering about. The piano doesn't add any force to the song. It's just there.

Date: December 11, 2011 06:34

Whale
For instance now I'm listening torn and frayed.
When you hear the original the timing is perfect. This one the piano is just wandering about. The piano doesn't add any force to the song. It's just there.

Totally get it. What really gets it for me in that song is the pedal steel licks. Those are some of the best fills i've heard...period. I wonder if Ronnie would be able to pull those off live? peace.

Date: December 11, 2011 08:03

i have the warpaint live dvd. i think its a great concert

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 11, 2011 14:10

Whale

Try the Cabin Fever DVD, that's a must have.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home