Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:07

Would there be dvds of these concerts, or just audio?

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:08

I bought the Brussels bootleg years ago and always thought it would make a great "official" release. According to the Stones website, the Stones supervised the mixing and remastering of the now official release. It sounds pretty good to me; a good companion piece to Ya Yas - captures the band at the live performing peak of the Mick Taylor years. Good stuff!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:10

Mathijs

and they used Taylor's ADTL solo from the first show to replace his missing solo of the second show.

Mathijs

What do you mean?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 18, 2011 13:58

the 5 shows could be

- one from 70 (Paris because Europe 1 radio has some @#$%& great masters) or 71 as this tour is not officially documented
- a 75 show would be great : LA (I like "welcome to the chinese restaurant" which is 9 july) or the one with Clapton
- 77 El Mocambo unreleased parts ?
- Hampton 81. Yes we have some kind of perfect boots but what about a new mix too ? or a 82 show after all as it is poorly documented.
- Atlantic City 89 of course or feb 26,90

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:26

Gimme the 1995 club shows!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:29

mickijaggeroo
Gazza
Gothenburg 6th October - Heartbreaker (matinee), ?? (evening) (no recording)

Yes, an evening recording exists, I have it, but I have not got OK from the taper to release it yet. It´s better in my opinion than the early show.

I love you, Vilhelm. Did I ever tell you that? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

PS - Did they play 'Mr D' on the evening show?

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:57

Can't wait to hear this however when I paid at stones archives the download file just shows mydownload launcher which is a aspx file, where are the audio files?

Anyone else have this problem Emailed them to find out where i have gone wrong.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:59

The Joker
Mathijs

and they used Taylor's ADTL solo from the first show to replace his missing solo of the second show.

Mathijs

What do you mean?

When Taylor starts the solo on ADTL on Brussels 2nd something happens -he breaks a string, his amp blows, guitar chord gets unconnected, something like that. Anyway, his solo stops after a couple of bars, and Taylor doesn't return until after Keith's main theme section, when Jagger starts singing again.

On this new release, they used Taylor's solo from the first Brussels show to make up for the lack of solo. The edited the solo in.

Mathijs

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:07

I got it, and must say it's fantastic!!

What a surprise, this time 2 days ago none of us knew the Brussels show would be released officially, now we have it and it sounds magnificent!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:11

Mathijs
The Joker
Mathijs

Mathijs

What do you mean?

When Taylor starts the solo on ADTL on Brussels 2nd something happens -he breaks a string, his amp blows, guitar chord gets unconnected, something like that. Anyway, his solo stops after a couple of bars, and Taylor doesn't return until after Keith's main theme section, when Jagger starts singing again.

On this new release, they used Taylor's solo from the first Brussels show to make up for the lack of solo. The edited the solo in.

Mathijs

Really? It's seems so complicated - The tempos surely change a bit between the two versions. So you match the speed of the alernate solo with the main track, the solo will not also change of speed, but also a little bit of tune - well that is with analogic - also, if you have so many good versions around, why such headache?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:19

The Joker
Mathijs
The Joker
Mathijs

Mathijs

What do you mean?

Mathijs

Really? It's seems so complicated - The tempos surely change a bit between the two versions. So you match the speed of the alernate solo with the main track, the solo will not also change of speed, but also a little bit of tune - well that is with analogic - also, if you have so many good versions around, why such headache?

With the editing software of today it's a five minute job to take the solo and do a cut and paste. No idea why they didn't take the first show version, there's seems to be a specific reason they decided to mainly take the second show. I guess they didn't think releasing the first show would be that attracting to the fans, as they already have this show in excellent quality.

Mathijs

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:23

Mathijs
[...] there's seems to be a specific reason they decided to mainly take the second show. I guess they didn't think releasing the first show would be that attracting to the fans, as they already have this show in excellent quality.

But one think they made it clearer that this official release really different from the bootleg in the advertisement/description then
I'm wondering about it being the guy in charge of mixing or something, that is responisble, without making too clear to Jagger/Richards/RS-organization that he choose the 2nd show.....they might not notice it anyway

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:41

Just learning of this. Yee Haw!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:14

robertfraser
Can't wait to hear this however when I paid at stones archives the download file just shows mydownload launcher which is a aspx file, where are the audio files?

Check the size of the downloaded aspx files. depending on what format you downloaded - flac or mp3, the size will tell you what you got.
a 3 minute song, in 320kbps mp3 should have a size of about 7 to 8 MB.
a flac file should be about 20 MB or so.

if that's the case, you can either manually re-name the extensions to .mp3 or .flac
or double click the file and tell Windows to open them with the audio program of your choice.

if you only have 20 KB aspx files - you have nothing to listen to.
then check your Javascript settings.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:15

Gazza
mickijaggeroo
Gazza
Gothenburg 6th October - Heartbreaker (matinee), ?? (evening) (no recording)

Yes, an evening recording exists, I have it, but I have not got OK from the taper to release it yet. It´s better in my opinion than the early show.

I love you, Vilhelm. Did I ever tell you that? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

PS - Did they play 'Mr D' on the evening show?

The feeling i s mutual smiling smiley I will check the setlist later, i´m off for my weekly radio show in a couple of minutes.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:36

open-g
robertfraser

Well, I had this problem, and I solved it in a rather complicated way, but maybe it's helpful
to you too.
If you open the aspx file in an editor (wordpad or something like that) you'll see in the text
lines like these:

<Track volume="1" track="1">
<MediaID>3400641</MediaID>
<Title>Brown Sugar</Title>
<Format>FLAC</Format>
<Length>236</Length>
<Size/>
<DownloadUrl>
[ab35.mcnemanager.com]
</DownloadUrl>
<Completed>0</Completed>

Now, you can copy the download-url in your browser and then the download will start. You've
got to repeat this for all 15 files.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 16:38 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:21

This is an interesting, just created, youtube channel. It has (only) a lot of
great live Stones stuff, most of it uploaded in the last few days. Some of
the uploads still have 0 views....Interesting.

It is called "rollingstones50years's Channel"
[www.youtube.com]

e.g.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 19:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:04

This could be an indication of what's next?

Date: November 18, 2011 20:12

frankotero
This could be an indication of what's next?

I dont know, I will leave it to the bootleg experts to tell if those are original bootleg versions or updated/"cleaned up" versions. I am far from knowing as much as some here about Stones bootlegs... but I think some of these shows are "famous"... which simply means I think I have heard (many times) about some of these shows being the best of the best... e.g. Hampton, Detroit, Memphis etc... but as I said, I leave it to the experts to know and judge that.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 18, 2011 21:31

toomuchforme
the 5 shows could be

- one from 70 (Paris because Europe 1 radio has some @#$%& great masters) or 71 as this tour is not officially documented
- a 75 show would be great : LA (I like "welcome to the chinese restaurant" which is 9 july) or the one with Clapton
- 77 El Mocambo unreleased parts ?
- Hampton 81. Yes we have some kind of perfect boots but what about a new mix too ? or a 82 show after all as it is poorly documented.
- Atlantic City 89 of course or feb 26,90

Are you sure about 1970 in Palais des Sports in Paris. My first ever 3 concerts. I have excerpts them on a tape from Europe 1 radio. Could be great. Should sound like Live as you'll ever be. Great if true. Thanks for the hope.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 18, 2011 21:39

Angie on the new Brussels affair : Mick sings, just before the solo, one sentence in french : "pas le temps de dire adieu" - ain't no time to say goodbye!

I remember Mick singing in french during Miss You (Auteuil 1982), did he try in an other language once (german, spanish, japan...) in the past?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 18, 2011 21:51

The record is amazing. But it confuses me a couple of times because I used to those little voice and music markers. Anyway, the best way to spent 9$ winking smiley

I just wonder why RS camp do not want to provide detailed info on the recording date/time/show.

OK, it seems that this is 2nd show with BS, MR, SFM and ADTL solo from the 1st show. But to my ears there are a lot of parts (sometimes short, sometimes - longer) that sound very familiar to old bootleg. Does anybody else have a feeling that some of the songs could be matrix of two?

Why I love Frank Zappa. The notes to his disks always contain reasonable amount of information on the recording.

Like those on "You can't do it on stage anymore":
6. Truck Driver Divorce 4:46

Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK
September 24-26, 1984
and
Paramount Theatre, Seattle, Washington
December 17, 1984
Guitar solo:
Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany
June 26, 1982

musicians 1982:
FZ--lead guitar
Ray White--guitar
Steve Vai--stunt guitar
Tommy Mars--keyboards
Bobby Martin--keyboards/sax
Ed Mann--percussion
Scott Thunes--bass
Chad Wackerman--drums
musicians 1984:
FZ--vocal
Ike Willis--guitar/vocal
Ray White--guitar/vocal
Bobby Martin--keyboards/sax/vocal
Allan Zavod--keyboards
Scott Thunes--bass
Chad Wackerman--drums

I think it is not a big deal to provide this info. Especially if you are working with master tapes.winking smiley

Date: November 18, 2011 22:00

marclaff
Angie on the new Brussels affair : Mick sings, just before the solo, one sentence in french : "pas le temps de dire adieu" - ain't no time to say goodbye!

I remember Mick singing in french during Miss You (Auteuil 1982), did he try in an other language once (german, spanish, japan...) in the past?

Mick also said at Longchamps " Merci Madame la concierge". I was at the Brussels show ( the one dedicated to the french audience), but don't remember him saying this cause it was really full of the crowd noise.

Posted by: steve6884 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:05

Max'sKansasCity

[www.youtube.com]

e.g.

Are most of them just audio or do they have video too?

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:07

IrelandCalling4
I got it, and must say it's fantastic!!

What a surprise, this time 2 days ago none of us knew the Brussels show would be released officially, now we have it and it sounds magnificent!

Are these concerts on DVD????

Date: November 18, 2011 22:19

steve6884
Max'sKansasCity

[www.youtube.com]

e.g.

Are most of them just audio or do they have video too?

Both... you can see them all and the whole page here [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:53

open-g
robertfraser

Check the size of the downloaded aspx files. depending on what format you downloaded - flac or mp3, the size will tell you what you got.
a 3 minute song, in 320kbps mp3 should have a size of about 7 to 8 MB.
a flac file should be about 20 MB or so.

if that's the case, you can either manually re-name the extensions to .mp3 or .flac
or double click the file and tell Windows to open them with the audio program of your choice.

Open G much appreciated all working now. loads of thanks dude!!

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:54

Honestman
SwayStones
Bon,alors cela devrait fonctionner pour moi aussi alors smiling smiley

Tu as téléchargé en flac ?

Oui aux deux;
Si tu n'as pas JAVA, il faut le télécharger ensuite tu l'installes.
Une fois installé tu clic sur le lien et bingo , j'ai déjà 4 titres et j'écoute Brown SUGAR putain la claque!
Pour le choix FLAC obligatoire !

Merci les gars, c'est en vous lisant que j'ai trouvé la solution JAVA
et je viens de charger les morceaux, le son est fantastique, jamais rien entendu de meilleur, le pied quoi !

Et maintenant un p'tit concert de 1970 Non ???

Date: November 18, 2011 23:07

Un p'tit concert de 1970 Non ??? Cela srait grand. Il y avait de l'ambiance au Palais des Sports : dedans comme dehors !!!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:15

tu y étais phd ?
Bon sang, comme j'aurais aimé y être

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home