Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 29
Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:48

StonesTod
any predictions on what will be on the 2058 new stones album?

My source told me the tracklist:

1. I need you
2. Not the the way to go
3. She never listen to me
4. Lonely at the top
5. Chainsaw rocker
6. You got it made
7. Fiji Jim
8. Misty roads
9. Jah is not dead
10.Randy whore

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:49

they should invite Wyman & Taylor to "Jam".

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:52

KRiffhard
StonesTod

1. I need you
2. Not the the way to go
4. Lonely at the top
5. Chainsaw rocker
6. You got it made
7. Fiji Jim
8. Misty roads
9. Jah is not dead
10.Randy whore

i had that as their 2037 installment, but these things are still somewhat fluid.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:53

StonesTod

I hear Fiji Jim will be included on that one.

Date: November 9, 2011 19:55

Hillside Blues
StonesTod

let's see now...jagger will be 115 then...hope his overdubs don't ruin it....

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:56

Unless it comes out of Jaggers mouth it doesn't mean anything. That said a jam session with the rest of them is a good thing.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:58

StonesTod
KRiffhard
StonesTod

1. I need you
2. Not the the way to go
4. Lonely at the top
5. Chainsaw rocker
6. You got it made
7. Fiji Jim
8. Misty roads
9. Jah is not dead
10.Randy whore

i had that as their 2037 installment, but these things are still somewhat fluid.

grinning smiley Exactly! They might replace 'I need You' and 'Misty Roads' with another 'So Young' version and a cover!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:59

StonesTod
Hillside Blues
StonesTod

Not a problem. Jagger's grandson will do the overdub.

Date: November 9, 2011 20:03

Hillside Blues
StonesTod
Hillside Blues
StonesTod

Not a problem. Jagger's grandson will do the overdub.

i think to be fair, the song should be retitled Fiji Jim III, then

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:04

BullSHIT
ALLL BLAH BLAH BLAH FROM KEEF,even though i love the man.
nothingwill happen
sorry
jeroen

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:08

Maybe Jagger has asked Charlie (with whom he did "jam" during the summer and made some blues songs) to check if Keith and Ronnie are in any shape to do anything worthwhile, and then report him if any real future activity is worth time and investion... It starts to sound like it is Charlie the key mediator - and musically the only link - between the Twins nowadays..eye rolling smiley

Hmmm... it starts to sound that there is a lot in the game in those jam sessions... they might really check if they are adult-seriously in shape to do anything. In this sense, the whole thing migh have been Jagger's master plan from the beginning... he has given the order for the rest - Keith that is - to get "their chops down" if any future activity is going to happen... And now Keith, in order to save his face, makes this little "Mick's welcome" mark, perhaps already knowing that he won't be there. He don't need to...eye rolling smiley

Speculation...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-09 20:12 by Doxa.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:11

Doxa
Maybe Jagger has asked Charlie (with whom he did "jam" during the summer and made some blues songs) to check if Keith and Ronnie are in any shape to do anything worthwhile, and then report him if any real future activity is worth time and investion... It starts to sound like it is Charlie the key mediator - and musically the only link - between the Twins nowadays..eye rolling smiley

Hmmm... it starts to sound that there is a lot in the game in those jam sessions... they might really check if they are adult-seriously in shape to do anything. In this sense, the whole thing migh have been Jagger's master plan from the beginning... he has given the order for the rest - Keith that is - to get "their chops down" if any future activity is going to happen...eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

That would make sense to me. Wise on Jagger's part.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:19

Game on!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:21

Some Girls deluxe has some great new tunes on it...they'd be stupid not to show up and do a surprise gig or TV appearance in the next few weeks and really turn the PR machine on...Talahassee Lassie is a perfect tune to push...Claudine...So Young...even Keep Up Blues..terrific.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:27

@Pierre and Blondie: better start rehearsing ASAP !

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:32

Rip This
Some Girls deluxe has some great new tunes on it...they'd be stupid not to show up and do a surprise gig or TV appearance in the next few weeks and really turn the PR machine on...Talahassee Lassie is a perfect tune to push...Claudine...So Young...even Keep Up Blues..terrific.

if it happens i am mick jagger

Doxa
Odd talk from Keith Richards. He makes a public announcement that he will jam with Charlie and Ronnie in London in this month, and "Mick's welcome." Well, if Jagger will not turn up, it will not be a Rolling Stones jam session.

I guess this is all meaningless PR bs in promoting the new product, SOME GIRLS re-issue, but still it sounds odd. I take Keith's talk to mean that Mick Jagger is not involved in this jam session, or any kind of primus motor in planning that. And I can't read that as any kind of positive signal in regards to future Stones activities. Besides it echoes so much the contrast Keith makes in LIFE of Mick against the others (the band), like separating Jagger from the rest of them.

Ronnie's comment is typical Ronnie bs: from the base of 35-40 years old tapes they make an imlplication what a great live and they not were, but ARE. Now, that's logic.

It looks like that the Stones decided to start the SOME GIRLS promotion work with the bullshit department. And Keith sounds still like promoting his book...

- Doxa

You omitted the line "I'm sure he'll be there" winking smiley

this is the most bizzare thing i've heard in a while..

Mick is "welcome"??? and Keith thinks he will turn up

sounds almost like they are trying to pressure mick into a reunion or something..very odd

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:37

maumau
Rip This

if it happens i am mick jagger

No, you're not, I AM

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:40

xx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-09 20:44 by Justin.

FINALLY - The Future of the Stones will be revealed VERY SOON !! Here's How, Here's the story....
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: November 9, 2011 17:26

Just saw the editor of ROLLING STONE magazine (not Jann Wenner, can't remember the man's name) being interviewed on MSNBC's "MORNING JOE" program (great interview show that's on from 3 to 6 am in Los Angeles, 6 to 9 am in New York. Since I live in LA it's a slight b*tch to watch the entire show at that time.. but I enjoy working late into the night on all my business paperwork so it works out).

Anyway, the interview was about 2 topics. The "Occupy Wall St." movement AND the Rolling Stones. Since everyone on the show are big Stones fans they had a lot of questions for this guy. The bottom line is that the next 2 issues of Rolling Stone magazine is gonna have articles on the SOME GIRLS Reissue and Tour DVD AND.... what the Stones are planning for next year. Supposedly Mick and Keith are starting to figure out EXACTLY what they want to do for the special year of 2012 (as you know, 50th anniversary of the band).

The magazine guy would not get specific about EXACTLY how the discussions are taking place but it was pretty clear that if you read all the Stones info in the next 2 issues you're gonna basically know everything that's gonna happen in the near future involving the Stones and their plans. It sounds like things are really getting serious. The first issue to look for has GEORGE CLOONEY on the cover and should be out ANYTIME !!! Finally we're gonna have some solid and reliable information (somehow I got the feeling that a new album is not part of the plan. That was the vibe I got anyway)

Also, Photographer ANNIE LEIBOVITZ was on DAVID LETTERMAN last night (promoting her new Photography Book "Pilgrimage" - Just got it yesterday, not her best) and had a few minute discussion with LETTERMAN about MICK JAGGER (Whoa, was Dave talking super nice about our singer). Letterman LOVES the 1975 Black and White Elevator shot taken during the "Tour of America's/Love You Live" concert in LA or NYC or somewhere else USA in the summer of 75. Letterman holds up a print of the shot - you'll recognize it right away, it's a pretty famous one.

One last thing. You can hear the ENTIRE Some Girls outtake - SPARE PARTS - if you go to rollingstone.com. Sounds pretty good, a bit like FAR AWAY EYES, well, it's another country style song, not bad at all.

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ ON LETTERMAN LAST NIGHT (11/8). JAGGER DISCUSSION STARTS AROUND 10:45 on the timer. Letterman calls Mick "the coolest guy in the world" Hmm, this is a new Letterman I believe

Re: FINALLY - The Future of the Stones will be revealed VERY SOON !! Here's How, Here's the story....
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 9, 2011 17:29

CCM, your thread titles read like a National Enquirer headline. grinning smiley

Re: FINALLY - The Future of the Stones will be revealed VERY SOON !! Here's How, Here's the story....
Date: November 9, 2011 18:41

This month, Keith Richards will meet fellow Rolling Stones Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts in a London studio. "We're just going to play a little together, because we haven't played for three or four years," Richards says. "You don't necessarily want to rehearse or write anything – you just want to touch bases. That's a good start: me, Charlie and Ronnie. Mick's welcome, and I'm sure he'll turn up, but right now we just want to get our chops down."

Beyond that, the Stones' plans for their 50th anniversary next year remain unclear. "I just hope we can perform live," says Wood. "It'd be great to see if that old spark is there."

Revisiting Exile and Some Girls in the last two years, Wood says, "has re-injected some past energy, and made us realize what a kicking live band we are."

The Some Girls and Exile ­reissues might only be the beginning: Was wants to tackle Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers soon. "There's so much material," he says. "If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album every year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Ronnie comparing the 1972 and 1978 Stones to the current Stones (?) said "are" instead of "were" - they are? And before that he hopes they can play live? That's funny.

What Was said is probably more realistic as well as revealing.

Date: November 9, 2011 18:44

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:11

So by targetting the US press it looks they are gearing up for a potential tour to start in North America, as usual.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 9, 2011 19:56

"ANNIE LEIBOVITZ was on DAVID LETTERMAN last night (promoting her new Photography Book "Pilgrimage" - Just got it yesterday, not her best)"

Not very surprising, she's been sucking badly since the mid-80's...

Date: November 9, 2011 20:41

let's kick charlie outta this deal and bring back ziggy, stanley and mac for the long-awaited barbs reunion.

Date: November 9, 2011 20:41

and ronnie wood's statement may be the most telling "I hope we can play together.." or something to that effect

its almost a direct statement at Jagger

what the @#$%& is going on here? this is really weird shit..they're all going to get together to have a rolling stones "jam"? without mick? or a bassist?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 9, 2011 20:44

On the surface it does sound odd but I don't think it's a bigger problem than it sounds. Keith wants to jam...period. That means, strapping on a guitar, riffing on some blues stuff, playing some old stuff, just getting together and getting their fingers warm again. Mick is the singer of the group and although yes, he plays guitar, jamming isn't exactly Mick yearns for. Mick is not one to partake in something as relaxed as this without trying to make something productive out of it like trying to write a new song or come up with new material. Keith says that it's not about writing new songs but more about just playing. It seems he feels guilty for letting 4 years pass without a single note being played between them which is the reason for getting together. In fact, this is probably something we'd see Keith do in the future once the band shuts down...he's feeling the itch so he wants to get together and play through an amp with Charlie.

I have done the same thing. Sometimes you just want to get together and play with your old buddies. You miss the friendships, the chemistry and mainly: the music. Nothing wrong with that.

In the end, it sounds like any other musician getting together with his friends to relax and play some old tunes like they used to. The only difference here is that these are The Rolling Stones so it's going to be news.

Date: November 9, 2011 20:45

stoned in washington dc
what the @#$%& is going on here? this is really weird shit..they're all going to get together to have a rolling stones "jam"? without mick?

mick will add his vocals in a few decades as per his norm...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home