Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Stones in Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: February 7, 2012 18:25

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:03 by SecondSet.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 7, 2012 20:02

SecondSet
Madonna confirmed for July 17 in Hyde Park.

Stones for...?

somewhere else....

Date: February 7, 2012 20:10

marquess
Hello!

In 2002, January, were there any rumours of a 40 Years celebration Tour (and record as well)?

I don´t remember that well, but I think in January 2002, we were not imagining that they would be on the road, with a press conference in NYC in May.

Regards!

Yes we were. In fact, they had planned to tour in 2001 ("A Stones Odyssey" being the working title) but it didnt happen. By late 2001, plans were very much afoot for a tour in 2002. When Ronnie was promoting his new album in Nov/Dec 2001, he was saying on numerous occasions that Keith had told him to finish his solo work by the end of the year because "from January - you're MINE".

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 7, 2012 23:31

SecondSet
Madonna confirmed for July 17 in Hyde Park.

Stones for...?

Sometime, some place, around the release of the new Batman movie.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 7, 2012 23:33

£137.50 with booking fee for Madonna, gold circle at Hyde Park. Or, £60 on eBay the day before.

Date: February 8, 2012 02:34

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:03 by SecondSet.

Date: February 8, 2012 02:35

..anywhere but Hyde Park Calling.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 8, 2012 04:00

thanks a million for the madonna info. i will be no where near hyde park for that one. OOOOF!

Date: February 8, 2012 06:10

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:02 by SecondSet.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 8, 2012 08:56

I think the Stones could play some really small club somewhere with a private select audience for their 50th, that would **** everyone off.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 8, 2012 12:05

they will do so
jeroen

Date: February 8, 2012 12:22

SecondSet
Gazza
..anywhere but Hyde Park Calling.

That isn't an answer.

Hard Rock Calling takes place July 13-15

The Stones' anniversary is July 12.

Madonna is July 17.

The Olympics begin July 27.

Mine was an answer. I dont think they'll play Hyde Park on or around July 12. You do. Its not the end of the world if someone thinks your theory is unlikely (although not at all out of the question). If its correct, good for you.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-08 12:30 by Gazza.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 8, 2012 12:59

Correct Gazza.

I remember reading that the 2001 tour was cancelled. Then there were lots of reports on this site of stadiums being booked in the US and the whole Spreckles theatre rumour on this site.

Date: February 12, 2012 23:52

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:02 by SecondSet.

Date: February 13, 2012 00:02

er..no...the reason those events are referred to in that quote is because its a reply to THIS story - which SPECIFICALLY mentions Olympic events at that venue and the Olympic site itself.

[www.thisislondon.co.uk]

If you really wanted to put another twist on it, you could also read that as saying they will be playing concerts tied to the Olympics but that they wont be at Hyde Park or the Olympic Park. Depends what spin you want to put on it.

The Stones WILL be performing at concerts in 2012. Certainly in North America. Although its possible there may be something elsewhere too. But if they DID play Hyde Park, I'd imagine it will be their own show. Not under the auspices of Hyde Park Calling. Far less money to be made, far less attention (especially important if theyre wanting to launch a tour/commemorate a historically significant anniversary, etc)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 00:06 by Gazza.

Date: February 13, 2012 00:47

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:01 by SecondSet.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 13, 2012 01:25

Gazza
er..no...the reason those events are referred to in that quote is because its a reply to THIS story - which SPECIFICALLY mentions Olympic events at that venue and the Olympic site itself.

[www.thisislondon.co.uk]

If you really wanted to put another twist on it, you could also read that as saying they will be playing concerts tied to the Olympics but that they wont be at Hyde Park or the Olympic Park. Depends what spin you want to put on it.

The Stones WILL be performing at concerts in 2012. Certainly in North America. Although its possible there may be something elsewhere too. But if they DID play Hyde Park, I'd imagine it will be their own show. Not under the auspices of Hyde Park Calling. Far less money to be made, far less attention (especially important if theyre wanting to launch a tour/commemorate a historically significant anniversary, etc)
Sense and logic, not like you Gazza! Slainte.

Date: February 13, 2012 01:32

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 08:59 by SecondSet.

Date: February 13, 2012 01:44

SecondSet
There is no sense in what he said, which suggests that the Stones could play Olympics-tied concerts somewhere that isn't Olympic Stadium or Hyde Park. Where? Victoria Park? Trafalgar Square?

eye rolling smiley

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you're reading a LOT into that statement they released and taking it a bit out of context - and that by doing so it follows that you could take it to another extreme and interpret it as saying they'll play the Olympics, but not at those venues.

I dont think they'll be anywhere near the Olympics and never have done. Hopefully they wont.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 01:44 by Gazza.

Date: February 13, 2012 02:00

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 08:58 by SecondSet.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 13, 2012 02:02

I think if they do play on 12th july,it will be a small London gig with Bill ,Ben Waters (in the Stu role) and possibly Mick T. Thats what the jam was about IMO.

They would never play a huge gig after such a long lay off. It would be too risky.

sc uk

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 13, 2012 02:18

straycatuk
They would never play a huge gig after such a long lay off. It would be too risky.

sigh. whatever happened to my rock'n'roll? - brmc

Date: February 13, 2012 02:21

straycatuk
I think if they do play on 12th july,it will be a small London gig with Bill ,Ben Waters (in the Stu role) and possibly Mick T. Thats what the jam was about IMO.

sc uk

Disagree with the first part. Agree with the second one.

I think they'll do a major gig around July OK - but they'd need something to warm up with first

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 13, 2012 14:39

A representative for The Rolling Stones has shot down reports the rockers are set to headline a big gig to celebrate the end of the London Olympics this summer.

An article in Friday's London Evening Standard newspaper suggests the Stones are being lined up to top the bill at a Best of British concert in the city's Hyde Park, playing alongside soul star Adele and reunited Brit-pop band Blur.

The one-off show is said to be part of a string of free events held in London to coincide with the 2012 games - but Bernard Doherty, a spokesman for the Stones, has dismissed the claims, insisting Mick Jagger and his bandmates have no plans to take part in any Olympic events.

He tells MusicWeek.com, "Contrary to a totally inaccurate report in the London Evening Standard today, The Rolling Stones wish to point out that they are not performing at any concerts tied to the 2012 Olympic Games in Hyde Park or The Olympic Park."

The Rolling Stones have yet to announce any live gigs for 2012 -- the 50th anniversary of the legendary group's formation.

Date: February 13, 2012 19:46

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 08:58 by SecondSet.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 13, 2012 20:54

Gazza

Can you explain more? You sound quite certain in your knowledge about conserts in NA 2012. Probably not only me being interested. I guess this is not based on rumours but more on facts....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 20:55 by mtaylor.

Date: February 13, 2012 21:08

mtaylor

Can you explain more? You sound quite certain in your knowledge about conserts in NA 2012. Probably not only me being interested. I guess this is not based on rumours but more on facts....

It is. Wouldnt claim to know details of venues or dates as such, but everything I've been told (from several sources) indicates they will tour there in the latter part of the year. Hopefully it wont be TOO long before they put us all out of our misery, although I don't expect that to happen for several weeks yet. As for anywhere else before that - its certainly possible, although I don't claim to have as much solid info on that as yet.

I have heard absolutely nothing which would suggest that they WONT tour in 2012.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 13, 2012 21:22

Gazza
mtaylor

It is. Wouldnt claim to know details of venues or dates as such, but everything I've been told (from several sources) indicates they will tour there in the latter part of the year. Hopefully it wont be TOO long before they put us all out of our misery, although I don't expect that to happen for several weeks yet. As for anywhere else before that - its certainly possible, although I don't claim to have as much solid info on that as yet.

I have heard absolutely nothing which would suggest that they WONT tour in 2012.
Thanks - just was curious to know, when you said The Stones WILL be performing at concerts in 2012. Sounds great, that means saving money for a NA trip late summer / early fall.

Date: March 25, 2012 12:55

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:13 by SecondSet.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: March 25, 2012 13:02

SecondSet
June 30th - Ronnie Wood and Friends at Hammersmith Apollo

July 6th - Mick Taylor and Very Special Guest at Under the Bridge

July 11th - Stock Aitken Waterman acts (and Kylie Minogue) in Hyde Park
July 12th - Stones' "50th Anniversary" - ???
July 13th - Hard Rock Calling opens in Hyde Park, headliner TBA
July 14th - Bruce Springsteen, John Fogerty in Hyde Park
July 15th - Paul Simon's Graceland in Hyde Park

July 17th - Madonna in Hyde Park

July 8th - Rihanna in Hyde Park (sold out apparently)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home