Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Stones in Hyde Park 2012
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 23, 2012 21:37

Harm
Fact remains we still don't know s..t
Did we ever?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 23, 2012 21:44

andy js
Did someone really suggest Van Halen could headline Hyde Park ???

Come off it. They've never been big in the UK. I'd be amazed if they could fill an arena. They could possibly get away with headling a night at a festival such as Sonisphere, because thats a guaranteed crowd whoever plays.

I just can't see the Stones doing a big outdoor gig without their own production. AC/DC did Donington (Download) a few years ago but they took their own set. Stage, PA, Lights the whole shebang. Set it up next to the festival stage and took it down the next day.

For such a big one off 50th doo, Could you really see the Stones doing it so low key on a festival stage ?

Nah,

Possibly if they did the same / similar as at the Isle of Wight....extended the stage and built the runway for the small moving stage overnight............

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-23 21:46 by EddieByword.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 24, 2012 00:11

I prefer this one ........................

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2012 00:56

SecondSet
So Tom Petty has lined up a RAH date and therefore presumably is out for HRC. I doubt the other IOW headliner (Pearl Jam) will be there after having played just two years ago. That leaves the potential headliners I can think of as:
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Red Hot Chili Peppers (seem like a good bet given a big gap in European dates for a week on either side)
Van Halen (not in Europe this Summer? playing Download instead? certainly possible)
Black Sabbath (playing Download; doesn't suit the festival brand?)
Elton John (unlikely, as he's in Germany on the Saturday)
The Stone Roses (unlikely as they'll be playing Optimus Alive (Saturday, probably) and Benicassim (Sunday, presumably) the same weekend)
Kasabian (are they really headliner material in the UK?)

As I said previously, Sunday night needs someone bigger than Bruce. And there's still the 7/12 anniversary date the day before the festival...

It doesnt really.

As Andy says, there's no way they're going to mark their 50th anniversary by just being a headliner at someone else's festival.

And certainly not with a festival appearance in midweek where interest is minimal.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:53

EddieByword

Possibly if they did the same / similar as at the Isle of Wight....extended the stage and built the runway for the small moving stage overnight............

But Eddie, that was just another 'gig'. It wasn't a special event, which we'd assume their 50th would be

And, if we're honest. It was bloody terrible too

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:42

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:04 by SecondSet.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 24, 2012 14:53

As Gazza has sort of infered festivals are sold as Isle Of Wight or V or Reading not as a Rolling Stones event at that festival.

No one knows what the knock on effect of the Olympics will be be basically if you don't announce something quick it'll be a hard sell in a country possibly on the verge of another recession.

Members of the band saying Hyde Park is a possibility. Well you've obviously done some research, now check every interview where they've said they'd play a gig some where (eg Russia, Urban Jungle press conference) and see how many times it's actually happened.

Date: January 24, 2012 16:18

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:03 by SecondSet.

Date: January 24, 2012 16:50

SecondSet
Gazza
As Andy says, there's no way they're going to mark their 50th anniversary by just being a headliner at someone else's festival.

And certainly not with a festival appearance in midweek where interest is minimal.

Are you suggesting that you're doing any more than assuming? That we ignore bandmembers' talk about a possible Hyde Park show this year? Or are you suggesting that there is some other date that they will play? Perhaps during the Olympics they've said they won't play?

The bandmember was Ronnie Wood. I'd take anything he says about Stones plans with a huge grain of salt, going by past history (eg saying at the start of the BTB tour that they planned to put an album out every 18 months in future, saying at the start of the Licks tour that they'd do entire albums like 'Exile' at the theatre shows, etc).

If they play Hyde Park - or anywhere - its more likely to be a Rolling Stones concert rather than as part of a festival, where they'll not be able to command as much money.

There's a certain big stadium which reopened about 5 years ago a few miles north of Hyde Park which they havent played yet, and which theyd be more likely to choose. Especially if, as the indications suggest, this wont be as massive a tour in terms of the number of gigs they play as previous years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 16:52 by Gazza.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 24, 2012 23:13

Rumors Bore Me

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 24, 2012 23:26

FACE FACTS:

There'll be no Rolling Stones action this year. No concerts, no new albums, just downloads !!

Date: January 24, 2012 23:30

dewlover
Rumors Bore Me
Then your in the wrong place.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 25, 2012 00:33

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:03 by SecondSet.

Date: January 25, 2012 00:48

It doesnt HAVE to 'make sense'.

Nothing's scheduled as yet, but there's nothing set in stone (sorry!) to say they have to (or are likely to) play a show in London on or around the 50th anniversary of their first concert.

My own hunch re: a tour is that the chances of it running for a full year would be small.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:41

tomcasagranda
FACE FACTS:

There'll be no Rolling Stones action this year. No concerts, no new albums, just downloads !!

you say that like it's a bad thing

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 25, 2012 08:28

Royal Albert Hall....

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 25, 2012 13:24

Wembley would be do-able for a late spring/early summer show. Any later than that and its going to be taken for the Olympics. Not sure what availability is like at Twickenham.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 25, 2012 13:34

I hope the Stones won't do any gigs in London during the Omympics. Hotelprices are expected to be X4.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: January 25, 2012 15:58

That is why some already did their bookings for the HRC period.
And here we are again, guessworking...
I wish I could congratulate SecondSet personally for smart thinking, somewhen around july 12th, somewhere around Hyde Park, somehow being very happy!
And if not: that's life

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 25, 2012 15:59

Harm
I hope the Stones won't do any gigs in London during the Omympics. Hotelprices are expected to be X4.

what's the expected rate on sleeping bags?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 25, 2012 19:04

Harm

Yes, they already are. I was able to get some great seats for good events, but couldn't find any hotels at decent prices. So, we're staying near Heathrow and we'll take the train in every day. Kind of a drag, but what can you do?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 26, 2012 14:32

Okay so Hyde Park is available but that doesn't mean the Stones will play it or any show this year. I'd expect some kind of concert activity but you'd expect some thing to have leaked by now.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: January 26, 2012 17:35

Hello!

In 2002, January, were there any rumours of a 40 Years celebration Tour (and record as well)?

I don´t remember that well, but I think in January 2002, we were not imagining that they would be on the road, with a press conference in NYC in May.

Regards!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: January 26, 2012 20:46

Harm
Royal Albert Hall....

We all wish..........

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 26, 2012 20:50

Most likely thing - no tour, just lots of festivitas.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 26, 2012 20:57

marquess
I don´t remember that well, but I think in January 2002, we were not imagining that they would be on the road, with a press conference in NYC in May.

Mick made several hints during 2001 that there would be a Stones tour the following year.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: January 30, 2012 10:06

hello
according to a guy, moderator of an italian stones related web, the stones will hold a private party to celebrate their 50th bash in a very secluded club in london on jul 12th. he's saying he has received a formal invitation. I don't know how much reliable this guy could be ...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 15:57

it is starting to get late
in europe, tickets sales for springsteen, petty, daltrey, skynyrd etc etc started already months or weeks ago.
unless they will play arena shows that they could easily sell-out in few days, it seems difficult to me a classical summer-stadium tour .

Date: January 30, 2012 17:38

Why the assumption that they're going to do a large number of stadium shows in Europe in summer 2012?

Highy unlikely, I'd have thought.

Date: January 30, 2012 19:28

andrea66
it is starting to get late
in europe, tickets sales for springsteen, petty, daltrey, skynyrd etc etc started already months or weeks ago.
unless they will play arena shows that they could easily sell-out in few days, it seems difficult to me a classical summer-stadium tour .
Well,more likely. They'll start in the Fall in the US and tour Europe in the summer of 2013. But yes,They're taking their sweet time with everything.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home