Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: tracklist Some Girls reissue
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:18

What if I gauge it by record sales? Will that work? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 18, 2011 07:27

It's comedy, it's not bitchiness.

Mind you if I could tell the difference between bitchiness and excitement I probably wouldn't have stayed happily married all these years.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 18, 2011 14:03

big4
Gazza
KRiffhard
I agree Big4. If they really had to choose a song already published might be better to use 'Lonely at the Top ". Maybe i'm the only one who thinks so, but 'Not the way to go' could be a 'great song for this reissue.

another song from '79!!

If they're gonna stretch further into '79 then give us "Jah Is Not Dead"-EXACTLY as is. Of course, they'd never do that, but it's a shame they won't.

there are posts about this one. Yes surely a MUST to release urgently for ER deluxe edition.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 18, 2011 14:06

WilliamPatrickMaynard
I could start posting dozens of Youtube videos of other artists Don Was has produced or Matt Clifford has recorded with. I could post regular essays on why Don Was, Matt Clifford, Krish Sharma, Pierre de Beauport, Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fischer, and Cindy Mizelle should form a side project called The Deluxe Stones and tour performing only songs from the Deluxe Editions (we could include YA-YA'S so that Lisa and Cindy could sing Ike & Tina songs). I could posit that Stones Deluxe doesn't need any actual Rolling Stones to function and that Don Was is ready to be front man and they don't need any sexagenarian rockers coming along with them to hog the spotlight or hold them back. I'm pretty sure with a bit of effort we could catch up with the missing 36 pages in no time.

do I read a little conspiracy between the lines? I'm into that!!! the Brian Jones conspiracies always generated tons of pages of good reading.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2011 14:18

toomuchforme
there are posts about this one. Yes surely a MUST to release urgently for ER deluxe edition.

A release that Stones fans and the music world are crying out for! smoking smiley

Posted by: OutofTime66 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:47

I for one am happy the Stones are finally opening up their vaults and releasing these outtakes, and concerts. I am hoping they release deluxe versions of evrything, at least from Aftermath up to present. Include a concert cd/dvd, outtakes, alternate versions, remixes like Miss you, One Hit to the body, song videos, you name it. For years they would not release anything, now they have been putting out quite a lot over the last couple years. I know there are a lot of unhappy people about the song selection, but who knows maybe they will release a deluxe Emotional Rescue or deluxe Tatto you in 2012, or 2013 and include Fiji Jim, I need you,etc. Certainly Tatto you should warrant a deluxe version, sales where great and it is still popular with their fans.
Keep them coming I say.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:30

WilliamPatrickMaynard
I could start posting dozens of Youtube videos of other artists Don Was has produced or Matt Clifford has recorded with. I could post regular essays on why Don Was, Matt Clifford, Krish Sharma, Pierre de Beauport, Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fischer, and Cindy Mizelle should form a side project called The Deluxe Stones and tour performing only songs from the Deluxe Editions (we could include YA-YA'S so that Lisa and Cindy could sing Ike & Tina songs). I could posit that Stones Deluxe doesn't need any actual Rolling Stones to function and that Don Was is ready to be front man and they don't need any sexagenarian rockers coming along with them to hog the spotlight or hold them back. I'm pretty sure with a bit of effort we could catch up with the missing 36 pages in no time.
dont give chuck any ideas lol

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:39

I know this will only impress a few, but on amazon.co.uk, the superdeluxe is now 62 GBP...beats the hell out of the $153 currently on amazon.com.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:15

big4
Another great track not mentioned yet is "Everlasting Is My Love"-and they must've thought a lot about that track since they took the time to do an electric and acoustic take of it.

YES!! I love this track. It's a damn shame it won't be on the reissue.

Drew

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 28, 2011 21:23

Does anyone know if Target will once again carry an edition with just the rarities on it??

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:30

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: October 29, 2011 13:37

That tongue again! Can't someone come up with a sleeve design without using that tongue over and over again?

Pete.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 29, 2011 16:38

big4
Gazza
KRiffhard
I agree Big4. If they really had to choose a song already published might be better to use 'Lonely at the Top ". Maybe i'm the only one who thinks so, but 'Not the way to go' could be a 'great song for this reissue.

another song from '79!!

If they're gonna stretch further into '79 then give us "Jah Is Not Dead"-EXACTLY as is. Of course, they'd never do that, but it's a shame they won't.

At 1:53 Mick ad-libs : "if you want to do some coke go out in the other room"
No drugs in the studio damn it!!
Rock and Roll,
mops

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 29, 2011 16:47

Pete66
That tongue again! Can't someone come up with a sleeve design without using that tongue over and over again?

Pete.

Does MacDonalds not show the arches every time??...Does Burger King not show the crown??....Does Fed Ex not have the arrow?????.what are you talking about?...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 29, 2011 16:51

I believe the Tongue is by now more popular than the Stones themselves, exspecially among youngsters eye popping smiley

Date: October 29, 2011 16:55

maumau
I believe the Tongue is by now more popular than the Stones themselves, exspecially among youngsters eye popping smiley

I heard Ron say that the other day...'we're more popular than tongue now.'

They are now burning records at dentist's office across the country...quite a backlash.

Are the stones anti-dentites?

Date: October 29, 2011 17:19

Rip This
Pete66

Pete.

Does MacDonalds not show the arches every time??...Does Burger King not show the crown??....Does Fed Ex not have the arrow?????.what are you talking about?...

Don't Stop had the tongue sleeve, the Sympathy for the Devil single of 2003 had, Streets of love likewise and also Plundered my soul from last year.

Surely they could have used a nice 1978 pic of the band to grace the picture sleeve?

Pete.

Date: October 29, 2011 17:23

Pete66
Rip This
Pete66

Pete.

Don't Stop had the tongue sleeve, the Sympathy for the Devil single of 2003 had, Streets of love likewise and also Plundered my soul from last year.

Surely they could have used a nice 1978 pic of the band to grace the picture sleeve?

Pete.

Unfortunately, they photoshopped Bill out of that classic shot.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:45

Pete66
That tongue again

You prefer a different tongue ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:45

erikjjf

What does single even mean these days? Do we get a 7" and all?

edit: just saw the post about the 7"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-29 17:53 by Hillside Blues.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 29, 2011 17:46

treaclefingers
I know this will only impress a few, but on amazon.co.uk, the superdeluxe is now 62 GBP...beats the hell out of the $153 currently on amazon.com.

I'm impressed..what's that all about? peace.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 30, 2011 14:19

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 30, 2011 14:28

rollmops
big4
Gazza
KRiffhard

another song from '79!!

At 1:53 Mick ad-libs : "if you want to do some coke go out in the other room"
No drugs in the studio damn it!!
Rock and Roll,
mops

smiling smiley
Great song!

Date: October 30, 2011 17:54

Yes, can we have the full 45-minute version of Jah Is Not Dead on the Emotional Rescue Deluxe edition please?

Pete.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: October 30, 2011 18:17

mickijaggeroo
Total length: 82:42 (give or take a few seconds). I think I'll burn it onto one CD to save out a slot in the CD changer...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-30 18:18 by FreeBird.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 31, 2012 00:01

winter
There's also the 10+ minute workout 'Rotten Roll' complete with percussion etc (which I've never ever understood why people say it became BTMMRun) which sounds like a cross between a less frantic WTWCDown or a slightly more energetic JMI.

Hum...I remember the "Rotten Roll" title from old books but always assumed it was a mistitled track, "Munich Hilton" possibly? Because "Rotten Roll" has been mentioned as being the working title for BTMMR and that doesn't sound much like "Munich Hilton"?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 31, 2012 00:24

gotdablouse
winter
There's also the 10+ minute workout 'Rotten Roll' complete with percussion etc (which I've never ever understood why people say it became BTMMRun) which sounds like a cross between a less frantic WTWCDown or a slightly more energetic JMI.

Hum...I remember the "Rotten Roll" title from old books but always assumed it was a mistitled track, "Munich Hilton" possibly? Because "Rotten Roll" has been mentioned as being the working title for BTMMR and that doesn't sound much like "Munich Hilton"?

Two different titles for the same track. This song "Munich Hilton" appeared on the bootleg ACCIDENTS WILL HAPPEN under the title "Rotten Roll":

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 31, 2012 00:28

Thanks, so the purported "Rotten Roll" as a BTMMR prototype remains uncirculated...assuming it really exists, not sure who the source for that was.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home