Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: tracklist Some Girls reissue
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 17, 2011 09:08

treaclefingers
StonesTod
WilliamPatrickMaynard
I enjoy the drunken "You Win Again" as well, but I expect they'll consider it too rough to release in the bootlegged form. We'll see what we get.

drunken vocals are vastly underrated

There should be an entire B-Stage set devoted to Keith during the next RS Global Tour.

Now there we have the new concept to solve the problems!!! Mick will lead the band from the main stage and give us teh usual Vegas show (Keith is replaced by, say, Jeff Beck), and Keith comes along only to do the B-stage mini set with his his best 'Tom Waits meets Dean Martin' gestures. He "sings" probably three to four songs, mimics a bit guitar playing, and tell some good stories with the lads (without, of course, Mick who can have a good rest for a while). Maybe Keith is joined occasionaly by Johnny Depp. No conflict, since the Twins don't share the same stage! The great AFTER LIFE tour!

The tour can be also sponsered by Walt Disney. A win-win receipt!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-17 09:09 by Doxa.

Date: October 17, 2011 15:49

Doxa, the truth in what you write makes for very depressing reading this morning. Ugh. Back to work.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 17, 2011 16:18

Doxa
treaclefingers
StonesTod
WilliamPatrickMaynard
I enjoy the drunken "You Win Again" as well, but I expect they'll consider it too rough to release in the bootlegged form. We'll see what we get.

drunken vocals are vastly underrated

There should be an entire B-Stage set devoted to Keith during the next RS Global Tour.

Now there we have the new concept to solve the problems!!! Mick will lead the band from the main stage and give us teh usual Vegas show (Keith is replaced by, say, Jeff Beck), and Keith comes along only to do the B-stage mini set with his his best 'Tom Waits meets Dean Martin' gestures. He "sings" probably three to four songs, mimics a bit guitar playing, and tell some good stories with the lads (without, of course, Mick who can have a good rest for a while). Maybe Keith is joined occasionaly by Johnny Depp. No conflict, since the Twins don't share the same stage! The great AFTER LIFE tour!

The tour can be also sponsered by Walt Disney. A win-win receipt!

- Doxa

The Disney World-World Tour!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 17, 2011 16:34

Munichhilton
"I Need You"
anybody?
1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4

Quite frankly; it doesn't bother me that much; that "I Need You" is not a part of the Some Girls Deluxe release. Because; we allready have the song in excellent quality on the Accidents Will Happen bootleg from VGP.
I just find it to be a strange decision, to let this gem of a song slip away from the public, by omitting it on the official release.
....myself is happy to have it on bootleg. Quality couldn't be much better anyway.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2011 16:42

Erik_Snow
I just find it to be a strange decision, to let this gem of a song slip away from the public

who/what are WE? the private?

back to the drunken vox on you win again: i've decided i'm okay with redoing the vox as long as mick is twice as drunk this time. he seriously just needs tor redevelop a drinking problem in general.

Date: October 17, 2011 16:48

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
I just find it to be a strange decision, to let this gem of a song slip away from the public

"WE" are....."US". "The public" are "the others"

And yes - I like the drunken "You Win Again", me too.

Date: October 17, 2011 16:51

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

shall i start a petition?

WE WANT THE DRUNKEN STONES! WE DEMAND THE DRUNKEN STONES! YOU OWE US THE DRUNKEN STONES!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2011 16:57

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

WE WANT THE DRUNKEN STONES! WE DEMAND THE DRUNKEN STONES! YOU OWE US THE DRUNKEN STONES!

Unfortunately, that would lead to the largely soon-to-be-forgotten live album, "Got Drunken Stones If You Want It"

Date: October 17, 2011 17:02

treaclefingers
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

Unfortunately, that would lead to the largely soon-to-be-forgotten live album, "Got Drunken Stones If You Want It"

sure it'll be forgotten, but will you respect it in the morning?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 17, 2011 19:05

Now I MUST hear a drunken "I Need You"
and fast

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 17, 2011 19:15

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

You are missing - We want Keith on Heroin, Mick on Coke, Ronnie on Coke, Charlie on Heroin, Bill runnig after girls < 15 y.o. ;o)

Date: October 17, 2011 19:18

mtaylor
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

You are missing - We want Keith on Heroin, Mick on Coke, Ronnie on Coke, Charlie on Heroin, Bill runnig after girls < 15 y.o. ;o)

sigh. don't make me cry, ok? but, don't you think you are getting a little...greedy?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 17, 2011 23:42

big4
KRiffhard
Gazza
KRiffhard
I agree, but imho they don't need to use 3 covers with all these good outtakes from that period. Songs like "Not the way to go", "Some people tell me", "Misty roads" or "Fiji Jim" can not be left out of this reissue.

There's nothing to suggest that 'Not the Way to Go' exists as anything other than an instrumental from the 'Some Girls' sessions. Even the two circulating takes from RCA in August '78 have nothing more than rough lyrics.

There's enough re-writing of history already on this release without adding to it!

Agree with Fiji Jim and Misty Roads, but do you seriously think the version thats in circulation of 'Some People Tell Me' with Mick growling absolute gibberish which sounds something like Tom Waits on crack is worthy of an official release?

If there's a finished take, maybe, but this is absolutely unreleasable. The Stones are better than that.

Ok, i don't consider "Some People tell me"...and so, with all the recordings from that period, only partially known, is it really necessary to use 3 covers?! The Stones are better than that.

yep, it's the three covers that bothers me too because there is better original material in the can and we really don't need another take of "So Young" I mean seriously aside from vocal how different than the '94 version can it be?[/[/b]quote]

I agree Big4. If they really had to choose a song already published might be better to use 'Lonely at the Top ". Maybe i'm the only one who thinks so, but 'Not the way to go' could be a 'great song for this reissue.

Date: October 17, 2011 23:48

fiji jim...woulda been the best song on some girls, proper. i want my fiji jim. i want it now.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 23:53

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

back to the drunken vox on you win again: i've decided i'm okay with redoing the vox as long as mick is twice as drunk this time. he seriously just needs tor redevelop a drinking problem in general.

It actually was the drunkeness that made those sessions so great.

Date: October 18, 2011 00:03

StonesTod
fiji jim...woulda been the best song on some girls, proper. i want my fiji jim. i want it now.

Hi StonesTod, "Fiji Jim" would be another great song for SG Deluxe; imo is the best with "I need you", "Misty Roads" and "Not the way to go". Evidently who chose the songs for this reissue has a different point of view!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 18, 2011 00:04

StonesTod

you already have it in 3 versions sounding nicely. The official would be useless

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: October 18, 2011 00:05

toomuchforme
StonesTod

you already have it in 3 versions sounding nicely. The official would be useless

i want a 4th. i revel in uselessness.

Date: October 18, 2011 00:18

toomuchforme
StonesTod

...and so "Claudine" is useless too?! I don't like it but i prefer an official version.

Date: October 18, 2011 01:25

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-18 12:08 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2011 01:31

KRiffhard
I agree Big4. If they really had to choose a song already published might be better to use 'Lonely at the Top ". Maybe i'm the only one who thinks so, but 'Not the way to go' could be a 'great song for this reissue.

another song from '79!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2011 01:37

toomuchforme
StonesTod

Think there's only two bonafide versions that have been bootlegged. Two different mixes of the same take - one with additional guitars.

Date: October 18, 2011 01:41

Gazza
toomuchforme
StonesTod

Think there's only two bonafide versions that have been bootlegged. Two different mixes of the same take - one with additional guitars.

i revise my earlier greed...i want a 3rd version. and once i get that, then i'll take my 4th...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 18, 2011 02:10

KRiffhard
StonesTod

Hi StonesTod, "Fiji Jim" would be another great song for SG Deluxe; imo is the best with "I need you", "Misty Roads" and "Not the way to go". Evidently who chose the songs for this reissue has a different point of view!

Are you saying "I Need You" is in?
That's great news!

"I Need You"
Just because I tellya blah blah blah blah blah blah.

This is fantastic!

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 05:42

Gazza
KRiffhard

another song from '79!!

If they're gonna stretch further into '79 then give us "Jah Is Not Dead"-EXACTLY as is. Of course, they'd never do that, but it's a shame they won't.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 18, 2011 06:42

Wondering what they are planning for promotion for this thing? They really got behind Exile and it worked, but Im not sure if they have the commitment this time, hope I'm wrong. Any word on a single being released on it like Plundered prior to the album coming out.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 18, 2011 06:55

Does anyone find it odd that this has only 12 pages yet the SuperLite thread has 48 or however many pages? That's just wrong.

Based on listening to the boots via youtube they chose any of the rockers including Tallahassee for a single they couldn't go wrong.

Date: October 18, 2011 07:03

I could start posting dozens of Youtube videos of other artists Don Was has produced or Matt Clifford has recorded with. I could post regular essays on why Don Was, Matt Clifford, Krish Sharma, Pierre de Beauport, Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fischer, and Cindy Mizelle should form a side project called The Deluxe Stones and tour performing only songs from the Deluxe Editions (we could include YA-YA'S so that Lisa and Cindy could sing Ike & Tina songs). I could posit that Stones Deluxe doesn't need any actual Rolling Stones to function and that Don Was is ready to be front man and they don't need any sexagenarian rockers coming along with them to hog the spotlight or hold them back. I'm pretty sure with a bit of effort we could catch up with the missing 36 pages in no time.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:10

WilliamPatrickMaynard
I could start posting dozens of Youtube videos of other artists Don Was has produced or Matt Clifford has recorded with. I could post regular essays on why Don Was, Matt Clifford, Krish Sharma, Pierre de Beauport, Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fischer, and Cindy Mizelle should form a side project called The Deluxe Stones and tour performing only songs from the Deluxe Editions (we could include YA-YA'S so that Lisa and Cindy could sing Ike & Tina songs). I could posit that Stones Deluxe doesn't need any actual Rolling Stones to function and that Don Was is ready to be front man and they don't need any sexagenarian rockers coming along with them to hog the spotlight or hold them back. I'm pretty sure with a bit of effort we could catch up with the missing 36 pages in no time.

Well, that's a bit too deluxe really. I thought there might be a little todger, er, a bit more excitement about this by now. Although I have a difficult time with sex in the word sexagenarian at this point...

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:15

>a bit more excitement about this by now

You cannot gauge "excitement"by # of posts - a lot of the posting in both threads (but SH in particular) is bitchiness, not excitement.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home