Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 10, 2012 19:05

BluzDude
Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
Ok on a brief college note. National Championship game tonight in New Orleans. By now you've probably wagered every household pet you have. Well tonight is your chance to get them back. bet the wife,kids,in-laws(espicially them) and anything else you can get your hands on. Put it all on LSU. The Bayou Benagals will roll the tide tonight. Take it to da bank!smileys with beer
..........................eye rolling smiley

winking smiley

As you were saying SCL?
That sucked on ice. The only good thing about it,is that when the Saints lose to the 49ers on saturday. The state of louisiana will already be used to dissapointment.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 10, 2012 19:14

Go Niners!!!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 10, 2012 19:16

SweetCharmed just jinxed Niners with public support.

Date: January 10, 2012 19:18

The Niners play their best jinxed! That can only help.
13-3

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 10, 2012 19:23

grinning smiley
sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
Ok on a brief college note. National Championship game tonight in New Orleans. By now you've probably wagered every household pet you have. Well tonight is your chance to get them back. bet the wife,kids,in-laws(espicially them) and anything else you can get your hands on. Put it all on LSU. The Bayou Benagals will roll the tide tonight. Take it to da bank!smileys with beer

winking smiley

As you were saying SCL?
That sucked on ice. The only good thing about it,is that when the Saints lose to the 49ers on saturday. The state of louisiana will already be used to dissapointment.moody smiley

For me the only thing good about the (boring) game was the scotch I was drinking.grinning smiley

Date: January 10, 2012 19:29

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
..........................eye rolling smiley

winking smiley

As you were saying SCL?

Why do you put a comma in a run on sentence that makes zero sense to begin with? Is that something SanFranny fans do when they think they's gonna beat a real team?

Date: January 10, 2012 19:37

doubledoor
SweetCharmed just jinxed Niners with public support.
No the only way I'd jinx them would be if I bet on them.I might bet on the Saints to make sure the Niners win!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-10 19:43 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 10, 2012 19:37

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Cowboys fans make fun of "perennial losers"? When's the last time they looked in the mirror!? Cowboys are the perennial losers!

Yeah, but they don't know that. They're stuck in the early-mid 90's or the 70's. It's not just their fans either, the media doesn't seem to understand how bad they are. I remember last year several people on ESPN (I think Tony Kornheiser was one of them) were picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl. Based on what, I have no idea. But they went 6-10 and didn't even make the playoffs. Of course they blamed it on Romo being injured, but going into the Giants game where Romo got injured they were 1-4, so that's a lame excuse.

They are perennial losers though. One playoff win in 15 years isn't the mark of a flagship franchise. In those 15 years they've missed the playoffs entirely 9 of them. They would be completely irrelevant if it weren't for the fact that Jerry Jones is such a successful hype man. As it stands the Cowboys are more well known for their stadium than for anything they've done inside of it.

Date: January 10, 2012 19:46

NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Cowboys fans make fun of "perennial losers"? When's the last time they looked in the mirror!? Cowboys are the perennial losers!

Yeah, but they don't know that. They're stuck in the early-mid 90's or the 70's. It's not just their fans either, the media doesn't seem to understand how bad they are. I remember last year several people on ESPN (I think Tony Kornheiser was one of them) were picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl. Based on what, I have no idea. But they went 6-10 and didn't even make the playoffs. Of course they blamed it on Romo being injured, but going into the Giants game where Romo got injured they were 1-4, so that's a lame excuse.

They are perennial losers though. One playoff win in 15 years isn't the mark of a flagship franchise. In those 15 years they've missed the playoffs entirely 9 of them. They would be completely irrelevant if it weren't for the fact that Jerry Jones is such a successful hype man. As it stands the Cowboys are more well known for their stadium than for anything they've done inside of it.

You know you're bad when you're upstaged by your own electronics...

Date: January 10, 2012 19:54

Munichhilton
NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You know you're bad when you're upstaged by your own electronics...

OUCH! Good one!

That stadium is more known for U2 having to have the screen moved then it is for any winning team with the exception to Green Bay's 2011 SB 45 win. And the injuries and death that occurred there while it was being built.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 10, 2012 23:49

NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Its hard to believe that a team that hasn't won one playoff game in 15 years commands so much attention. I mean, 15 years!
Every year, the Cowboys are touted, every year! Why? Hype, its that simple.
And as for "America's Team", that's a tag the Cowgirls invented, not America.
I think they've outlived their myth. One of the reasons I loved the Steelers as a kid was that they were the one team who consistently beat their a***.
The Houston hate of anything Cowboy is strong.

Date: January 10, 2012 23:53

NoCode0680
stupidguy2

Ahh, so you get it.
We used to go to Denton when my cousin was going to school at Texas Womens....isn't that where one of the Bonnie and Cyde banks remain?

I don't know, I know they filmed some of the movie here, and that Clyde was arrested here (and many other places) but I don't know if they robbed a bank here or if it's still around if they did. Just about every town in North Texas (and many other places in Texas), big or small, claims Bonnie and Clyde robbed their local bank, so who knows.

I remember it was a small bank and that was the legend, but you're right, every Texas town, small or large, has a Bonnie and Clyde legend. According to "legend", B&C drove down the main thruway of my hometown fleeing to Louisiana, one day before they were shot.

Date: January 11, 2012 00:01

30 years ago today

Date: January 11, 2012 00:06

slew
I have to say the Tebow bashing is ridiculous. Its the media coverage not Tim Tebow. If he is religious so what. I did hear him say that god has no bearing on the outcome of a game. Do I think he is a good quarterback? No! He misses more throws than almost anyone I have ever watched. Third and ten 1:30 left in regulation and he missed a wide open receiver over the middle the ball was thrown in the ground. The Broncos game plan was good and it showed on the overtime play. Pull Pittsburgh's defense to the line of scrimmage and throw long there is not a qb in the NFL who would have missed that throw.

That said I am bowing to Tebow and Denver today because I truly despise the dirtiest team in the NFL the Pittsburgh Steelers GOODBYE, so long, adios see you next year!! I do not like them!!! Plus the Patriots match up awful against them and I am a Pats fan.

I do blame the hype, not nessarily Tebow. He seems like a nice guy and I don't care about his religion. My take is that it was OT, Tebow threw it down the field, it was caught. That happens in football. Capable NFL QBs do it in clutch situations on Any Given Sunday. I think with Tebow, people are actually surprised when he completes a pass. I have nothing against him and he was certainly the wildcard underdog in that game. But the hype is a bit much. His accurace is non-existent, his throws look like wobbly flying saucers, and he moves very ackwardly in the pocket. The thing about Denver is that no one expected them to get this far. They have very little running game and no spectacular WRs. Backed by a decent O-Line and D, they had nothing to lose in their offensive game and in comes Tebow. What's the alternative, Brady Quinn? So letting Tebow run wild and throw with abandon is all they have. Eventually, if you throw it enough times, its going to hit a reciever. It happened to occur in a clutch situation. Tebow still has issues as a legitimate QB and Tom Brady is Tom Brady. If Tebow can outplay Brady, I'll be shocked. I wonder how Elway is going to handle this situation next year. Tebow has become bigger than Jesus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-11 00:11 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 11, 2012 00:21

stupidguy2
Tebow has become bigger than Jesus.

That's it!

I'm burning all my Tebow records & cassettes.

Date: January 11, 2012 01:52

stupidguy2

Its hard to believe that a team that hasn't won one playoff game in 15 years commands so much attention. I mean, 15 years!
I think they've outlived their myth. One of the reasons I loved the Steelers as a kid was that they were the one team who consistently beat their a***.

Actually the Cowboys didn't invent it, but are responsible for it being wide-spread. It was made up by a guy at NFL Films when making a highlight reel. They needed a catchy nickname, and the guy said he came up with it because there were always some Cowboys fans in the stands no matter where they played. Of course that probably could have been said for any team, but it was the excuse they used for the nickname.

It probably would have died out and not had any life beyond that NFL Films reel, except for Tex Schramm (Cowboys original owner) loved it and petitioned networks that aired games and other media outlets to use the new nickname. The media loves a nickname or a label, so they obliged, and it's why they continue to do so to this day. "America's Team" is a lot more colorful than "Those losers in Arlington who choke every December". The only people who still call the Cowboys "America's Team" are Cowboys fans (and some are clueless enough to actually believe it) and the media who love anything that is catchy.

The nickname never really had any merit, but in this day an age it certainly doesn't. There are many more teams in the league than there used to be, and very few markets of mentionable size that don't have their own team or at least one very close by. On top of that, the Cowboys aren't the "lovable" franchise they once were. Jerry Jones is one of the most hated owners in the history of sports, even among Cowboys fans. He really hasn't been popular ever since he fired Tom Landry, but with the success of the early and mid 90's, that was somewhat forgotten, then once that hooplah died down people remembered they hated him. The Cowboys have become less "America's Team" and more an extension of Jerry's ego.

Date: January 11, 2012 02:42

NoCode0680
stupidguy2

Actually the Cowboys didn't invent it, but are responsible for it being wide-spread. It was made up by a guy at NFL Films when making a highlight reel. They needed a catchy nickname, and the guy said he came up with it because there were always some Cowboys fans in the stands no matter where they played. Of course that probably could have been said for any team, but it was the excuse they used for the nickname.

It probably would have died out and not had any life beyond that NFL Films reel, except for Tex Schramm (Cowboys original owner) loved it and petitioned networks that aired games and other media outlets to use the new nickname. The media loves a nickname or a label, so they obliged, and it's why they continue to do so to this day. "America's Team" is a lot more colorful than "Those losers in Arlington who choke every December". The only people who still call the Cowboys "America's Team" are Cowboys fans (and some are clueless enough to actually believe it) and the media who love anything that is catchy.

The nickname never really had any merit, but in this day an age it certainly doesn't. There are many more teams in the league than there used to be, and very few markets of mentionable size that don't have their own team or at least one very close by. On top of that, the Cowboys aren't the "lovable" franchise they once were. Jerry Jones is one of the most hated owners in the history of sports, even among Cowboys fans. He really hasn't been popular ever since he fired Tom Landry, but with the success of the early and mid 90's, that was somewhat forgotten, then once that hooplah died down people remembered they hated him. The Cowboys have become less "America's Team" and more an extension of Jerry's ego.

That's the funny thing. I can't think of a team more hated than the Cowboys. In Houston, a good weekend is a Cowboy loss and a Texans win. They're featured on primetime match-ups more than any other team because of ratings. But apart from Cowboy fans, Im guessing most viewers like to watch them fall apart, Romo unravel and Jones lose his composure in his suite. Garrett's smug face fits the Cowboy tradition to a T.

Date: January 11, 2012 03:33

Edith Grove
stupidguy2

That's it!

stupidguy2 has lost all worthwhile perspective...no need to burn anything

Date: January 11, 2012 04:40

Munichhilton
Edith Grove
stupidguy2

That's it!

I pray you realize I stated that in jest....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 11, 2012 05:06

The Raiders just fired head coach Hugh Jackson. He was a dummy anyways.

Date: January 11, 2012 08:46

Saints are the best road team in the NFL for the last three seasons. That is a fact. A victory over San Fran is very likely and not just because of that fact.

Date: January 11, 2012 08:58

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Saints are the best road team in the NFL for the last three seasons. That is a fact. A victory over San Fran is very likely and not just because of that fact.

yes by they also have never won a road playoff game

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:23

Its also a fact that the Saints have never won a playoff game on the road. That said the weather report for San Fran doesn't seem to have cold wind or rain this weekend, that helps the Saints. We know the Saints are an elite team, so I will cheer for them as long as the Packers are still alive, since they are the best equipped to beat them. I'm a Bears fan with no shame cheering against the Pack out of spite. But the 49ers are a young unknown entity. We still don't have a good bead on how good they are, and that can be a dangerous type of team to play. They have some very impressive young talent on defense, a damn fine running back, and a coach who solicits maximum effort. The game will probably come down to Frank Gore. If Saints can stop him, they will have their way. If not....don't be surprised to be surprised.

Date: January 11, 2012 09:54

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You mean all two of them under Drew Brees? That was 2007 and 2011. Saturday that should change with their first playoff road victory ever.

Date: January 11, 2012 10:04

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You mean all two of them under Drew Brees? That was 2007 and 2011. Saturday that should change with their first playoff road victory ever.

what does that matter? ok so brees is 0-2 on the road in the playoffs. sometimes its hard to shake that monkey on your back. whenever that is a certain stat that works against someone, brees averages 1 INT a game outside of a dome, the saints average 18 fewer PPGs on the road, brees has never won an away playoff game, etc it gets in the minds of the players and costs a team games

Date: January 11, 2012 10:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

It's actually not a fact. They're 5-3 on the road this season, so all 3 of their losses came on the road. That's the same road record as the New York Giants, Philadelphia and Detroit. And below Green Bay & San Francisco.

Last season they were in an 8-way tie for second place in road games, top spot being Pittsburgh.

The year before that a 3-way tie for first with San Diego and Indianapolis.

Not that it really matters, or that it will affect this game, but it's just not a true statement.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 11, 2012 15:49

NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

It's actually not a fact. They're 5-3 on the road this season, so all 3 of their losses came on the road. That's the same road record as the New York Giants, Philadelphia and Detroit. And below Green Bay & San Francisco.

Last season they were in an 8-way tie for second place in road games, top spot being Pittsburgh.

Not that it really matters, or that it will affect this game, but it's just not a true statement.

You're so right, but that's still a 13-3 record which is VERY respectable and means that they can win wherever. I think that NO will blow SF away to host the NFC title game against the Giants.

Date: January 11, 2012 16:27

stupidguy2
Munichhilton
Edith Grove
stupidguy2

That's it!

I pray you realize I stated that in jest....

Well of course.
I just had to ponder it overnight.
I can be sensitive

Date: January 11, 2012 19:01

leteyer
NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You're so right, but that's still a 13-3 record which is VERY respectable and means that they can win wherever. I think that NO will blow SF away to host the NFC title game against the Giants.

I think they'll win (don't know about blowing SF away), and I agree their record is very respectable, and they can get it done. I just think New Orleans is good enough that we don't have to make up "facts" about how good they are.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 11, 2012 19:16

Attention!

I heard Sweetcharmedlife is going to bet on the Saints, that means you better brace yourselves for a 49ers victory!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home