Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: January 2, 2012 17:54

cowboys lol

i would be pissed the jets lost but after the titans won by 1 point the jets had no chance of being in the playoffs so no big deal. a jets loss by 2 and a titans win by 1 kept the jets out.

Date: January 2, 2012 18:48

Are the Cantlanta Falcants crying because they ran the score up on Tampa? I bet they are, they should be, they should be ashamed and feel awful, their feelings should be hurt, especially that little cry baby twat Roddy White.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 2, 2012 19:28

boston2006
Any predictions sports fans ?

In the AFC I like New England , ( shocked aren't you ? )

In the NFC I like Atlanta .

And I see a huge step forward for the Detroit Lions .

This was my original post . Athough picking against the spread was not too succsesful , I got this right as far as teams in the playoffs . Maybe my prognosticational skills will improve on wild card weekend .

Sorry to all those fans out there who's teams failed to get in .

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 2, 2012 19:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Are the Cantlanta Falcants crying because they ran the score up on Tampa? I bet they are, they should be, they should be ashamed and feel awful, their feelings should be hurt, especially that little cry baby twat Roddy White.
The Detroit Lions are the ones who should be crying after they wet the bed and couldn't beat the Packers starting their backup QB in a meaningless game. Now they get to lose to the Saints while the Falcons go to New York and beat the Giants.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 2, 2012 21:56

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
The Detroit Lions are the ones who should be crying after they wet the bed and couldn't beat the Packers starting their backup QB in a meaningless game. Now they get to lose to the Saints while the Falcons go to New York and beat the Giants.smoking smiley

And he set a record. That's pretty bad - if you're Detroit. Shows how the Lions are not as good as they think they are. Or at least the talking heads anyway. They've got a ways to go. One and done for them. Saints will kill 'em. Atlanta will be coming to the Superdome after they beat NY and suffering their third loss to the Saints. Saints are looking great and are playing great but one never knows; it's the playoffs; one game at a time.

Date: January 2, 2012 22:55

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

And he set a record. That's pretty bad - if you're Detroit. Shows how the Lions are not as good as they think they are. Or at least the talking heads anyway. They've got a ways to go. One and done for them. Saints will kill 'em. Atlanta will be coming to the Superdome after they beat NY and suffering their third loss to the Saints. Saints are looking great and are playing great but one never knows; it's the playoffs; one game at a time.
Actually if the Falcons beat the Giants and the Saints beat the Lions. Atlanta goes to Green Bay and the Saints come to San Francisco where they will lose to the Forty Niners.drinking smiley

Date: January 3, 2012 17:49

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Actually if the Falcons beat the Giants and the Saints beat the Lions. Atlanta goes to Green Bay and the Saints come to San Francisco where they will lose to beat the Forty Niners.drinking smiley

There, fixed it for ya. SF only played one real team during the 2011 season, and one that was in poor shape at that. When they face a real team like the Saints in the 2012 playoffs, well, then you'll know how easy they have it in that "division" they're in. drinking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 3, 2012 19:03

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Actually if the Falcons beat the Giants and the Saints beat the Lions. Atlanta goes to Green Bay and the Saints come to San Francisco where they will lose to beat the Forty Niners.drinking smiley

There, fixed it for ya. SF only played one real team during the 2011 season, and one that was in poor shape at that. When they face a real team like the Saints in the 2012 playoffs, well, then you'll know how easy they have it in that "division" they're in. drinking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
The same Saints team that got beat by the Rams?

Date: January 3, 2012 19:18

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

The same Saints team that got beat by the Rams?

remember the seahawks with a losing record beat the saints last playoffs

Date: January 3, 2012 22:52

A majorly depleted Saints lost to that excuse of a division winner and playoff team in Seattle last year. Reggie Bush certainly didn't show up. You see where he went. Gone pecan.

Yeah yeah yeah so the Saints only showed up in St Louis. Ha ha - I'd rather lose to St Louis in the middle of the regular season than have my only loss be in the SUPER BOWL har har har har... Not looking too good for NE this playoff season.

Who did SF lose to that's just as much of a joke as St Louis? Dallas.

Doesn't matter now anyway. The Saints set a bunch of new records. That usually means a team is playing pretty good. 49ers better be careful - and pay attention.

Date: January 3, 2012 23:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
A majorly depleted Saints lost to that excuse of a division winner and playoff team in Seattle last year. Reggie Bush certainly didn't show up. You see where he went. Gone pecan.

Yeah yeah yeah so the Saints only showed up in St Louis. Ha ha - I'd rather lose to St Louis in the middle of the regular season than have my only loss be in the SUPER BOWL har har har har... Not looking too good for NE this playoff season.

Doesn't matter now anyway. The Saints set a bunch of new records. That usually means a team is playing pretty good. 49ers better be careful - and pay attention.

dallas finished 8-8. how is that the same as finishing 2-14 like the rams?

anyways last time brees came close to breaking dan marino's record the saints were 8-8 so setting records doesn't mean team success

Date: January 3, 2012 23:36

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

dallas finished 8-8. how is that the same as finishing 2-14 like the rams?

anyways last time brees came close to breaking dan marino's record the saints were 8-8 so setting records doesn't mean team success

Well, who else was I gonna say? They beat Philly by one point? Woo hoo. Besides, at least with St Louis you had to have an off day and on top of that they had their best game of the year. Dallas is just so...wishy washy, especially with that horrible owner with all those expectations.

I never said breaking records means team success specifically but this regular season the two equate. And with the records that were broken, well, they all rely upon successful play. Even Wayne Gretzky broke amazing records when they didn't win the Stanley Cup but they still won games. Brady had the most TD passes yet didn't win the Super Bowl. Team records are nice, and when a team is really cooking like the Saints, well, it makes it that much better. But that's all done with now. Now it's only about one thing.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 4, 2012 02:36

Packers were class of league all year, but I have feeling they peaked earlier in season, Saints are peaking now. but home field is a bitch in Wisconsin in January. Could come down to weather. Atlanta has not shown they could beat either of those 2 teams. Detroit is only in playoffs because of September and the Bears decision to go to hospital instead of playoffs, they are going nowhere. Giants and Niners are capable of upsets. NFC should be fun. AFC not so much thanks to Steelers injuries. Unless Flacco starts playing better than ever, Pats should win it by default.

Date: January 4, 2012 07:38

I'm going to attempt to keep track, if I manage to see all the games, of how many times Start Me Up is played, maybe whatever AC/DC song, and...what else is there. At the stadiums.

NBC has been playing Some Girls songs on their Sunday night games. It costs them nothing to do it...so expect to hear some Stones on the actual broadcast this Saturday during both games on NBC.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 4, 2012 13:20

Okay , I,m going with all the underdogs this weekend

Bengals get 3
Lions get 11
Falcons get 3
Broncos get 8

Hope my post season pix are better than the regular season ! winking smiley

Date: January 7, 2012 22:54

The opening weekend of the playoffs. Time for some SCL's!
Texans-4
Lions +10 1/2 (bet the over)
Falcons +3
Steelers -9 (bet the under)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-08 20:03 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: January 8, 2012 09:13

can the saints win a playoff game without the help of the refs? already a news story on yahoo about a botched call that cost the lions 7 points. on top of that the saints weren't flagged for a single PASS INT or HOLDING call all game which in this day and age of footbal is hard to believe the saints went the entire game without commiting one of those penalties. there are people commenting on the yahoo article at the bottom pointing out lots of missed calls that should have gone against the saints and a few of them say they are saints fans and their location says lousiana

[sports.yahoo.com]

Date: January 8, 2012 17:58

Saw a penalty that wasn't called against Detroit for slamming Brees to the ground that was called in the Houston/Cincinnati game. Saw one play where the Saints should've been called for pass interference.

Regardless, Saints blasted the Lions. On to SF to stomp the piss out of them.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 8, 2012 19:47

Every time Detroit loses, you hear a cascade of ref bashing. Gets old after awhile.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 8, 2012 19:49

Ambush in Atlanta... worst than "Gone Withe the Wind" No sex in Giant land tonight LOL!!

Date: January 8, 2012 20:05

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Remind me again how many road playoff games the SAints have won in their history?....Oh yeah,that would be none!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 8, 2012 20:06

doubledoor
Every time Detroit loses, you hear a cascade of ref bashing. Gets old after awhile.

You hear the same thing from a certain poster whenever the Saints win. eye rolling smiley

Date: January 8, 2012 21:57

Edith Grove
doubledoor

You hear the same thing from a certain poster whenever the Saints win. eye rolling smiley

actually know you see espn/now yahoo posting articles pointing out bad ref calls that gave the saints an advantage. i guess i work for those companies right? oh wait i don't. it would be different if i was just spewing nonsense that no other person who knows a lot about sports saw but when espn points it out then its fairly obvious. the saints get treated by the refs better than any other team in the nfl except maybe the patriots and the saints at home get more breaks than anyone. the proof is the fact the saints average about 18 fewer PPG on the road and if you look at 5 of their road games this year they lost 2 and won another 3 by a total of 8 points

Date: January 8, 2012 22:01

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Remind me again how many road playoff games the SAints have won in their history?....Oh yeah,that would be none!

That will change next weekend.

Date: January 8, 2012 22:03

Edith Grove
doubledoor

What will keefriffhard's gripe be about then? He just loves bashing the Saints, that's all.

Hey, did you see that new Pepsi add promoting that even losers can not gain weight by drinking that piss?

Date: January 8, 2012 22:06

keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
doubledoor

actually know you see espn/now yahoo posting articles pointing out bad ref calls that gave the saints an advantage. i guess i work for those companies right? oh wait i don't. it would be different if i was just spewing nonsense that no other person who knows a lot about sports saw but when espn points it out then its fairly obvious. the saints get treated by the refs better than any other team in the nfl except maybe the patriots and the saints at home get more breaks than anyone. the proof is the fact the saints average about 18 fewer PPG on the road and if you look at 5 of their road games this year they lost 2 and won another 3 by a total of 8 points
No bad or good calls were going to help the Lions beat the Saints. Saints are a better team. Period.

Date: January 8, 2012 22:08

sweetcharmedlife
keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
doubledoor

No bad or good calls were going to help the Lions beat the Saints. Saints are a better team. Period.

Even sweetcharmed sees the truth!

Date: January 8, 2012 22:11

Is Atlanta gonna cry even more now that they're losing to the Giants 17-2? Do they ever stop whining? They just need to accept that they aren't as good as they're hype is.

Date: January 8, 2012 22:15

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

That will change next weekend.

unless a miracle happens the 9ers aren't going to win. they don't score enough points.

Date: January 8, 2012 22:22

Saints revealed just how bad the Falcants are against a good team. And now the Giants, the most schizo team in the NFL, are soundly beating them? Not what I was expecting exactly. I was looking forward to ATL winning, which means they'd have to really show up and beat the Packers so the Saints could kill ATL for the third time this 2011/12 season.

But that ain't gonna happen it looks like.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home