Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 39 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: February 6, 2012 15:25

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
A post game stat said 5 teams have now won 4 Super bowls, for a total of 20, out of the 46 Super bowls played so far..... so 5, out of 32 NFL teams, have won about half of all Super Bowls played. I guess there is not as much "parody" in the NFL as they claim.

not sure if the counted it but the steelers have 6 and dallas and the 49ers each have 5

That's correct, however, they belong to the 5 that have won 4 Super Bowls.

And as I recall only 5 have repeated, with Pittsburgh and San Francisco doing it twice.

Date: February 6, 2012 16:00

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
A post game stat said 5 teams have now won 4 Super bowls, for a total of 20, out of the 46 Super bowls played so far..... so 5, out of 32 NFL teams, have won about half of all Super Bowls played. I guess there is not as much "parody" in the NFL as they claim.

not sure if the counted it but the steelers have 6 and dallas and the 49ers each have 5

And as I recall only 5 have repeated, with Pittsburgh and San Francisco doing it twice.

49ers didn't repeat twice.

anyways how about 8 teams have won a total of 33 superbowls

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 6, 2012 17:22

Maybe it's time to start thinking of The Curse of Gisele. The Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since Tommy Boy traded up from Bridget Moynihan.

"Pray for my Tommy?" Let's see: he just bought a 22,000 square foot house in Brentwood, CA and is married to a supermodel. Methinks he's blessed enough.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 6, 2012 18:41

Report: Brady's wife rips Patriots WRs

Gisele Bundchen ripped into the New England Patriots' receivers for the failed plays she believes cost her quarterback husband Tom Brady a fourth Super Bowl ring.

The Brazilian supermodel was caught on camera lambasting No. 12's teammates after Sunday's game in Indianapolis as she angrily defended taunts against her husband by Giants fans.

Fans can be heard yelling "Eli rules!" and "Eli owns your husband" as she made her way through Lucas Oil Stadium following the Patriots' 21-17 defeat, the second time Giants quarterback Eli Manning has bettered three-time winner Brady on the Super Bowl stage.

The comments riled Gisele, judging by video obtained by online gossip site The Insider, with the model making it quite clear to those around her who she thought was to blame for Brady's failure to land the win.

"You [need] to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," she is heard saying. "My husband cannot [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."

Although Gisele mentioned no names, she almost certainly was referring to wide receiver Wes Welker -- who was judged widely to have made the costliest fourth-quarter drop -- along with a spilled catch by tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Bundchen's unwavering support for her husband came as no surprise after it emerged that she sent a gushing email to family and friends asking them to pray for "Tommy" in the buildup to Super Bowl Sunday.

The prayers went unanswered, with her husband's own late Hail Mary failing to deliver victory for the Patriots.

A distraught Welker later said he "let the team down" with his fumbled play near the Giants' 20-yard-line, which came with 4:06 left on the clock and the Patriots up 17-15.

"I've made it a thousand times in practice and everything else," he said. "It comes to the biggest moment of my life, and don't come up with it. It's discouraging."

But Brady refused to publicly blame the receiver, who he described as a "phenomenal player and teammate," and offered to take a share of the blame for the throw while addressing the postgame media.

"[Welker] went up to try and make it, as he always does, and we just couldn't connect," he said.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 6, 2012 19:29

Maybe an exciting finish. But an ugly,sloppy boring game.In the end teh Giants made the plays they had to and the Patriots didn't. Giselle was right to criticize the Past receivers. But Brady could have been sharper on the as well. Yawn.like Max said. Bring on March Madness.....Oh,and Madonna was awful as well.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 6, 2012 22:05

ab
Maybe it's time to start thinking of The Curse of Gisele. The Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since Tommy Boy traded up from Bridget Moynihan.

"Pray for my Tommy?" Let's see: he just bought a 22,000 square foot house in Brentwood, CA and is married to a supermodel. Methinks he's blessed enough.

Yup, she better watch out, the backlash can be brutal.... sports fans are somewhat loco about what "curses"their teams.... look at what Dallas fans did/said to whats-her-name when she was dating Romo... or the curse of the Donkey (or is it a pig)(goat?) in Chicago.

A wifey calling out Brady's WRs is waaaaaay out of line. She should leave that to Brady.

Then there is her whole "prayer" group thing..... wtf? I never understood people/athletes doing the whole "If God... blah blah"... are they saying God likes one team better than the other?....

If God, if there is a God, If he/she/it/them reached down and touched nything.... it was to reach down and bless Mr and Mrs. Archie Manning with the best athletic genetics of any couple, ever. One man and a great woman produce 2 Superbowl champion sons? WOW!!!!. I can not get over how cool that is.....AND it is about far more than gentics, it is the whole package... e.g. how to raise a successful son...... it is harder than it looks (e.g. Todd Marinovich)

I toast the Mannings, a couple of the best parents of all time. smileys with beer Cheers!!!

and I toast Eli...... pretty cool to see the little brother whoop up on the big brother.... talk about gut level motiviation..... and it will.may bring Peyton back too...... maybe winking smiley

All of it is a lot of fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 22:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 6, 2012 22:18

Super Bowl XLVI (last nights) was the most watched (by more people than any) TV program in history. 111,300,000 people watched.

Ratings are slightly different, MASH finale still rules thatop rated slot.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 7, 2012 00:05

It was FAR from boring! I thought it was a great game with many opportunities missed on both sides to score. The Giants played the smarter game when it counted the most and the safety that was scored against the Pat's during the very first play set the tone for them, I'm afraid. Giselle is an idiot!! I love Tom but she has no class to criticize one of Brady's team mates.

Date: February 7, 2012 02:46

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

Wasn't there one other team that's repeated twice?

Date: February 7, 2012 02:48

Max'sKansasCity
Super Bowl 46 (last night's) was the most watched (by more people than any) TV program in history. 111,300,000 people watched.

Ratings are slightly different, MASH finale still rules thatop rated slot.

There, fixed it for ya.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 7, 2012 02:52

mickschix
It was FAR from boring! I thought it was a great game with many opportunities missed on both sides to score. The Giants played the smarter game when it counted the most and the safety that was scored against the Pat's during the very first play set the tone for them, I'm afraid. Giselle is an idiot!! I love Tom but she has no class to criticize one of Brady's team mates.

That is why it is good to marry a traditional girl than these prima donnas. The world needs more Debra's. grinning smiley

Date: February 7, 2012 03:03

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

not that i know of

Date: February 7, 2012 03:08

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

not that i know of
The Packers won the first two super Bowls technically. Although the game wasn't called the Super Bowl at the time....Just double checked. Denver won 2 in a row. XXXII and XXXIII

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-07 03:11 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 7, 2012 04:08

sweetcharmedlife
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

not that i know of
The Packers won the first two super Bowls technically. Although the game wasn't called the Super Bowl at the time....Just double checked. Denver won 2 in a row. XXXII and XXXIII

That's right. It was the "World Championship Football Game". The first game didn't sell out and two guys took off with jetpacks as part of the pre-game festivities. Those were the days.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 7, 2012 04:22

The Sicilian
mickschix

That is why it is good to marry a traditional girl than these prima donnas. The world needs more Debra's. grinning smiley

Yeah, so they can stand in the shadows and behave like good little girls.
Gisele was reacting to what were most likely obnoxious hecklers while leaving the game....nothing wrong with that. I think it shows a feistiness.
Besides, she was right.
Im not even a Pats fan, but Brady did what Brady does - his recievers dropped the ball literally, three times in the last drive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-07 04:24 by stupidguy2.

Date: February 7, 2012 14:06

Date: February 7, 2012 15:08

sweetcharmedlife
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity

not that i know of

i thought he said repeat twice meaning they have to have at least 4 superbowl wins. the patriots won 2 in a row and dallas i believe won 2 in a row

Date: February 7, 2012 17:10

Correct, I meant won two times in a row twice.

The teams that have won a Super Bowl two times in a row are:

Green Bay, retroactively, won SB 1 and 2
Miami 7 and 8
Pittsburgh 9 and 10, 13 and 14
San Fran 23 and 24
Dallas 27 and 28
Denver 32 and 33
New England 34 and 35

Teams to win 4 SBs are

New York Giants
Pittsburgh
San Francisco
Dallas
Green Bay

Pittsburgh have won 6
SF and Dallas have won 5

Date: February 12, 2012 06:24

The Sicilian
Report: Brady's wife rips Patriots WRs

Gisele Bundchen ripped into the New England Patriots' receivers for the failed plays she believes cost her quarterback husband Tom Brady a fourth Super Bowl ring.

The Brazilian supermodel was caught on camera lambasting No. 12's teammates after Sunday's game in Indianapolis as she angrily defended taunts against her husband by Giants fans.

Fans can be heard yelling "Eli rules!" and "Eli owns your husband" as she made her way through Lucas Oil Stadium following the Patriots' 21-17 defeat, the second time Giants quarterback Eli Manning has bettered three-time winner Brady on the Super Bowl stage.

The comments riled Gisele, judging by video obtained by online gossip site The Insider, with the model making it quite clear to those around her who she thought was to blame for Brady's failure to land the win.

"You [need] to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," she is heard saying. "My husband cannot [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."

Although Gisele mentioned no names, she almost certainly was referring to wide receiver Wes Welker -- who was judged widely to have made the costliest fourth-quarter drop -- along with a spilled catch by tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Bundchen's unwavering support for her husband came as no surprise after it emerged that she sent a gushing email to family and friends asking them to pray for "Tommy" in the buildup to Super Bowl Sunday.

The prayers went unanswered, with her husband's own late Hail Mary failing to deliver victory for the Patriots.

A distraught Welker later said he "let the team down" with his fumbled play near the Giants' 20-yard-line, which came with 4:06 left on the clock and the Patriots up 17-15.

"I've made it a thousand times in practice and everything else," he said. "It comes to the biggest moment of my life, and don't come up with it. It's discouraging."

But Brady refused to publicly blame the receiver, who he described as a "phenomenal player and teammate," and offered to take a share of the blame for the throw while addressing the postgame media.

"[Welker] went up to try and make it, as he always does, and we just couldn't connect," he said.

I've been hearing more about this. People are ignorant. Gisele Bundchen didn't "rip" anybody. She didn't have a press conference to announce anything or call anyone out, she was put on the spot. She said the truth. They didn't catch the ball.

The kind of people that believe in this stuff, the prayers didn't go unanswered stuff, they were answered, just noy answered to their satisfaction. Very convenient.

Date: March 3, 2012 18:14

WHAT THE HELL!!???
I like New Orleans and I admire what the Saints accomplished,
but this is total BS. The penalties should be so severe...
There should be MEGA FINES, draft picks taken away....
The penalties need to be as ugly as this policy of offering bounies for injuries inflicted.

[www.time.com]

NFL: Saints Violated 'Bounty Rule'

(NEW YORK) — New Orleans Saints players and at least one assistant coach maintained a bounty program the last three seasons for inflicting game-ending injuries on opposing players, including Brett Favre and Kurt Warner — a pool that reached as much as $50,000 and paid specific amounts for "cart-offs" and "knockouts," the NFL said Friday.

The report said the pool amounts reached their height in 2009, the year the Saints won the Super Bowl.

The league said between 22 and 27 defensive players were involved in the program and that it was administered by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, with the knowledge of coach Sean Payton.

(VIDEO: 10 Questions for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell)

No punishments have been handed out, but they could include suspension, fines and loss of draft picks. The league said the findings were corroborated by multiple, independent sources, in an investigation by the league's security department.

Williams, who was hired in January as defensive coordinator by new Rams coach Jeff Fisher, was not immediately available to comment.

"The payments here are particularly troubling because they involved not just payments for 'performance,' but also for injuring opposing players," Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "The bounty rule promotes two key elements of NFL football: player safety and competitive integrity."

Payoffs included $1,500 for a "knockout" and $1,000 for a "cart-off," with payouts doubling or tripling during the playoffs.

(LIST: Top 10 Sports Moments of 2011)

"It is our responsibility to protect player safety and the integrity of our game, and this type of conduct will not be tolerated," Goodell said. "We have made significant progress in changing the culture with respect to player safety and we are not going to relent. We have more work to do and we will do it."

The league absolved Saints owner Tom Benson of any blame, but said the investigation showed Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis knew about the bounty program.

"Although head coach Sean Payton was not a direct participant in the funding or administration of the program, he was aware of the allegations, did not make any detailed inquiry or otherwise seek to learn the facts, and failed to stop the bounty program. He never instructed his assistant coaches or players that a bounty program was improper and could not continue," the NFL said......

more at [www.time.com]

=============================================

They paid extra bounty for cart offs??? FK THAT!!!!
If this was my team that did this, I would want the same penalties, this is NOT COOL.

Date: March 3, 2012 22:05

let me get this straight. i have been saying since the saints won that NFC championship game against favre they are a dirty team that cheats. low and behold they are a dirty team that cheats. that high/low hit to favre that was not called and would have gave the vikings a chance to win the game was players trying on purpose to hurt favre. what a bunch of losers. karamas a bitch and i hold this joke organization is suspended from the playoffs at least 1 years and drew brees leaves

Date: March 3, 2012 22:17

Their is no way they get suspended from the playoffs. This isn't college. You can't ban a team frfom psotseason play. They will likely lose draft choices and get fined heavily. Payton will probably be suspended for a couple of games. Greg Williams who went to St Louis in the off season should be suspended for a year.

Date: March 3, 2012 23:12

The only question is how do you fine an NFL team? Those owners have so much money, those 1%ers dont care, they know they cant be touched, their fellow 1%er owners wont allow it... BUT "The Help" can be penalized...... they need to find out which players were paid bounites for hard hits (once they start ratting, they wont stop) BIG FINE and those players sit for a year, no pay. The coaches who paid the bounties, BIG FINE AND sit for 3 years, no pay..... As far as team owners?.... I dont know, how do your penalize Ka-Trillionaires?

And yes, keefriffhard4life has been yelling about N.O. forever. He told us so.

I understand big hard hits in the NFL, but bounties are against the rules for a reason, once it becomes injure others for money/bounties then the game becomes something else, and I dont want that..... yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-03 23:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 4, 2012 01:36

Loved Rollerball !

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 4, 2012 02:00

keefriffhard4life
i have been saying since the saints won that NFC championship game against favre they are a dirty team that cheats. low and behold they are a dirty team that cheats. that high/low hit to favre that was not called and would have gave the vikings a chance to win the game was players trying on purpose to hurt favre.

Let's not forget that you've been crying like a little bitch about the officials "giving the Saints the game."
Here, you say the officials are complicit with the goings-on, but your anger is directed entirely at the Saints.

It's about time you reveal your obvious personal bias against the Saints, or perhaps you have a problem the city of New Orleans in general.

Date: March 4, 2012 03:11

Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
i have been saying since the saints won that NFC championship game against favre they are a dirty team that cheats. low and behold they are a dirty team that cheats. that high/low hit to favre that was not called and would have gave the vikings a chance to win the game was players trying on purpose to hurt favre.

Let's not forget that you've been crying like a little bitch about the officials "giving the Saints the game."
Here, you say the officials are complicit with the goings-on, but your anger is directed entirely at the Saints.

It's about time you reveal your obvious personal bias against the Saints, or perhaps you have a problem the city of New Orleans in general.

yeah but now its proof the officials didn't make a call against the saints during a play that the saints admitted malicious intent. that play has been mentioned by the saints players and blown up in the news that they were trying to take favre out of the game. the officials showing bias and missing calls is a different problem. @#$%& you and you no longer have the right to call someone "a little bitch" when your team is dirty, admits they are dirty and where trying to hurt players on purpose. matter of fact every saints fan should be banned from future NFL threads on here out of respect for the game of football

Date: March 4, 2012 04:17

keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life

yeah but now its proof the officials didn't make a call against the saints during a play that the saints admitted malicious intent. that play has been mentioned by the saints players and blown up in the news that they were trying to take favre out of the game. the officials showing bias and missing calls is a different problem. @#$%& you and you no longer have the right to call someone "a little bitch" when your team is dirty, admits they are dirty and where trying to hurt players on purpose. matter of fact every saints fan should be banned from future NFL threads on here out of respect for the game of football

A lot of Saints fans are ashamed of what a few players & coaches did, including myself, but can't you answer my question ? eye rolling smiley

Date: March 4, 2012 04:34

Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life

A lot of Saints fans are ashamed of what a few players & coaches did, including myself, but can't you answer my question ? eye rolling smiley

answer your question how? the saints admit they were trying to hurt favre that entire game. the uncalled high/low play has been mentioned by the saints as an example of what they were trying to do. the refs need to go back for more training if they can't throw a flag during a now admitted intentional high/low. saints should have an * next to their SB win that reads "DEFENSE USED ILLEGAL BOUNTY TACTICS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE". the saints are now back to being the nfl laughing stock after failing to win any playoff road games again and now this proof of cheating

Date: March 4, 2012 05:43

keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life

answer your question how? the saints admit they were trying to hurt favre that entire game. the uncalled high/low play has been mentioned by the saints as an example of what they were trying to do. the refs need to go back for more training if they can't throw a flag during a now admitted intentional high/low. saints should have an * next to their SB win that reads "DEFENSE USED ILLEGAL BOUNTY TACTICS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE". the saints are now back to being the nfl laughing stock after failing to win any playoff road games again and now this proof of cheating

I asked what your personal bias is against New Orleans & it's people. You even quoted me asking this in your response.
For quite a while you have slammed the city, it's people, it's football franchise and even Katrina victims.

Something you should know, keefriffhard4life:

A few rogue players & coaches do not represent the spirit of an entire fan base.

I get the sense that you are the kind of guy who would want to beat the shit out of a little league referee if he made a bad call against your kid's team.
There are professionals who can help you with that.

Date: March 4, 2012 06:12

umm i dislike the saints because the fans are bandwagon idiots and the team got to a superbowl game off of obvious league pity after hurricane katrina. how else can you explain the saints saying we did something illegal to favre on purpose to take him out of a game and the refs never even caring to throw a flag.

a few rogue players? its like half the defense from those years plus so far the entire coaching staff of the saints says they knew about and never tried to stop it. the spirit of the saints fanbase is to put bags on your heads when your team is garbage and then come out of the woodwork when your team wins its 1st superbowl as if they just took the lead for most nfl championship titles ever. bunch of bandwagon losers.

i use to play a lot of sports and i was actually part of a basketball game where a player tried to hurt me on purpose. probably ended any chance i had at going on to a college level because i had a nagging knee injury the last 2 years in high school that still bothers me some 10 years after i finished high school. sorry you can't admit your team is everything thats wrong in pro sports today

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 39 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home