Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 37 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: February 3, 2012 22:04

OK...I'll go first.

Pats 34
Giants 13

I see the Patriots taking advantage of the Giants aggressive front 4 using screens and play action passes to get up on the G-men early. Playing catch up, Manning, though he's proven himself to be a much better big game QB than his brother, will be good for a few turnovers (2+ picks and a fumble).

The Patriots D will be reminiscent of their 2001, 2003 & 2004 championship teams.

Danny Woodhead will play a key roll early in the game...Hernandez too. Welker will be good for 8-10 catches and Green-Ellis will be key later once they've taken control. I hope that Gronkowski can play @ 80% or better, but am not counting on it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2012 23:46

30-24 Patriots.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 3, 2012 23:55

28-24 Eli and the Giants win

Date: February 4, 2012 00:04

Max'sKansasCity
Don't think so Max. It's going to be the Brady Bunch.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 4, 2012 00:22

Madonna and lay the points.

Date: February 4, 2012 00:27

Natlanta
Madonna and lay the points.
Lcool smileyL

Thats what she said....

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 4, 2012 08:03

Take Madonna and lay the points?

You kidding me?

Take the points and lay Madonna.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 4, 2012 16:43

stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
Just hope Eli doesn't tarnish his father Archie's legacy! After all, the sons never live up to their legendary fathers. At least that is what I have been told.smoking smiley

Don't worry - he has't and never will - Archie never won a SB.

Either did Dan Marino.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And Marino's father played for who?

Exactly. Good genes are only part of any formula for success. Not to say that raw talent is overrated but desire and determination in the form of a good work ethic can go a long way in making up for any deficiencies in talent. It's great to have good genes and be born with loads of natural talent but if the desire isn't there then the chances for success diminish. For example, the sons of the Beatles most likely were born with enough "god given" (for lack of a better term) ability to be every bit as good as their famous fathers. Obviously, they lacked the same vision that brought their fathers together over a half century ago. As individuals they have shown some "flashes" of artistic talent. James is carrying on in the tradition of his father. Zak is an accomplished drummer. I have no doubt that if the desire was there they could all come together and give the world a special treat. Archie Manning was a great QB that was stuck for the most part on a lousy team. His sons are also great QB's that were lucky enough to play on teams that were good enough to win Super Bowls. Sons of great performers don't always succeed in following in the footsteps of their famous fathers, but sometimes they do when the desire and commitment are there. In my vision of a perfect world the sons of the Beatles would have come together years ago. It's still not too late, but a long shot indeed.

What's your excuse for Jakob Dylan then? You sure do like big assumptions.

I don't know the Jacob Dylan story. Like I said, it doesn't always work out. Gary Nicklaus comes to mind. He did make the PGA tour for awhile and almost won a tournament but never lived up to the exceedingly high expectations that he would be the "next" Jack Nicklaus. Not sure sometimes if the kids of famous people have the work ethic required to achieve the same success that their parents worked so hard to achieve. Maybe had it a little too easy? Too much pressure at a young age can also sometimes cause a kid to rebel. Especially if they think they are living someone else's dream. I know I did. The problem is that sometimes years later you look back and realize those wiser than you really had your best interests at heart and you would have been a whole lot happier in the long run if you had just believed in what they had been trying to tell you. I can imagine that there was a tremendous amount of pressure in being the son of a Beatle. Both internally and externally. The good news is that they are at a stage in their lives where they have matured and are probably beginning to become slightly nostalgic. It happens. Maybe someday they just suddenly get the bug to come together? It would bring joy to millions.

Jakob Dylan - Bob Dylan's son. The Wallflowers.

It's nothing to do with "the same work ethic". It's very simple - those people got famous because of the talent thay had when they did what they did at the right time. This whole 'sons of the Beatles' thing is assuming that all kids of rock stars and whatever else should be good. Nobody gives a shit if the 'sons of The Beatles' get together except when they would destroy The Beatles' legacy. There is not one reason to think or believe that they would be great together. THEY'RE NOT THE BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just not that way and it's very very far from the truth. It's one thing to have a family of brothers all be good at the same thing, like the Sutter brothers were in the NHL, and how a family follows suit. Wayne Gretzky's children will never be as good as he was. It just doesn't work that way. It's a horrible horrible assumption.

I agree that timing was a very important factor in the magnitude of the success of the Beatles, the Stones. Timing is always a factor. With the 50th anniversary of the Beatles first trip to America (in 1964) coming up the timing couldn't be more perfect for some form of Beatles family reunion. Like I said, in my perfect world Paul and Ringo would be part of this reunion. So would the sons. And also, like I said, nothing is "automatic', however, each of the sons has shown a reasonable amount of ability. A year working together and they would be ready to rock the world. Look, we can go around and around on this subject but the bottom line is that any form of Beatles family reunion in the form of concerts or even new music would be huge. HUGE! Wish I could promote it.

And they even look like their fathers! Part of the Beatles success was their looks and the clothes they wore. Good looking lads with some cool boots.

Date: February 4, 2012 16:49

WMiller
OK...I'll go first.

Pats 34
Giants 13

I see the Patriots taking advantage of the Giants aggressive front 4 using screens and play action passes to get up on the G-men early. Playing catch up, Manning, though he's proven himself to be a much better big game QB than his brother, will be good for a few turnovers (2+ picks and a fumble).

The Patriots D will be reminiscent of their 2001, 2003 & 2004 championship teams.

Danny Woodhead will play a key roll early in the game...Hernandez too. Welker will be good for 8-10 catches and Green-Ellis will be key later once they've taken control. I hope that Gronkowski can play @ 80% or better, but am not counting on it.

Lot's of pressure on Brady. He is going to have to be Joe Montana to pull this one out. Going to be under a furious pass rush. If he is going to get his 4th title he is going to have to play at his absolute highest level. Which is pretty good, but I still think Montana was better. I like the Giants by 7-10 points.

Date: February 4, 2012 16:52

stonescrow
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
Just hope Eli doesn't tarnish his father Archie's legacy! After all, the sons never live up to their legendary fathers. At least that is what I have been told.smoking smiley

Exactly. Good genes are only part of any formula for success. Not to say that raw talent is overrated but desire and determination in the form of a good work ethic can go a long way in making up for any deficiencies in talent. It's great to have good genes and be born with loads of natural talent but if the desire isn't there then the chances for success diminish. For example, the sons of the Beatles most likely were born with enough "god given" (for lack of a better term) ability to be every bit as good as their famous fathers. Obviously, they lacked the same vision that brought their fathers together over a half century ago. As individuals they have shown some "flashes" of artistic talent. James is carrying on in the tradition of his father. Zak is an accomplished drummer. I have no doubt that if the desire was there they could all come together and give the world a special treat. Archie Manning was a great QB that was stuck for the most part on a lousy team. His sons are also great QB's that were lucky enough to play on teams that were good enough to win Super Bowls. Sons of great performers don't always succeed in following in the footsteps of their famous fathers, but sometimes they do when the desire and commitment are there. In my vision of a perfect world the sons of the Beatles would have come together years ago. It's still not too late, but a long shot indeed.

I don't know the Jacob Dylan story. Like I said, it doesn't always work out. Gary Nicklaus comes to mind. He did make the PGA tour for awhile and almost won a tournament but never lived up to the exceedingly high expectations that he would be the "next" Jack Nicklaus. Not sure sometimes if the kids of famous people have the work ethic required to achieve the same success that their parents worked so hard to achieve. Maybe had it a little too easy? Too much pressure at a young age can also sometimes cause a kid to rebel. Especially if they think they are living someone else's dream. I know I did. The problem is that sometimes years later you look back and realize those wiser than you really had your best interests at heart and you would have been a whole lot happier in the long run if you had just believed in what they had been trying to tell you. I can imagine that there was a tremendous amount of pressure in being the son of a Beatle. Both internally and externally. The good news is that they are at a stage in their lives where they have matured and are probably beginning to become slightly nostalgic. It happens. Maybe someday they just suddenly get the bug to come together? It would bring joy to millions.

It's nothing to do with "the same work ethic". It's very simple - those people got famous because of the talent thay had when they did what they did at the right time. This whole 'sons of the Beatles' thing is assuming that all kids of rock stars and whatever else should be good. Nobody gives a shit if the 'sons of The Beatles' get together except when they would destroy The Beatles' legacy. There is not one reason to think or believe that they would be great together. THEY'RE NOT THE BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just not that way and it's very very far from the truth. It's one thing to have a family of brothers all be good at the same thing, like the Sutter brothers were in the NHL, and how a family follows suit. Wayne Gretzky's children will never be as good as he was. It just doesn't work that way. It's a horrible horrible assumption.

I agree that timing was a very important factor in the magnitude of the success of the Beatles, the Stones. Timing is always a factor. With the 50th anniversary of the Beatles first trip to America (in 1964) coming up the timing couldn't be more perfect for some form of Beatles family reunion. Like I said, in my perfect world Paul and Ringo would be part of this reunion. So would the sons. And also, like I said, nothing is "automatic', however, each of the sons has shown a reasonable amount of ability. A year working together and they would be ready to rock the world. Look, we can go around and around on this subject but the bottom line is that any form of Beatles family reunion in the form of concerts or even new music would be huge. HUGE! Wish I could promote it.

And they even look like their fathers! Part of the Beatles success was their looks and the clothes they wore. Good looking lads with some cool boots.

And plenty of hair!

Date: February 4, 2012 18:51

Lol, did you see where Jizzell asked her friends to pray for Tommy boy to win? [www.examiner.com]

If there is a God, imuho he/she has given Tom his fair share of answered prayers already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 18:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 4, 2012 18:58

stonescrow
stonescrow
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow

And plenty of hair!

Give it up. Enough with your 'perfect world' fantasy. THEY obviously don't see it the way you do. Not one of them has any remote idea of doing such a stupid thing fortunately AND fortunately none of this Disneyfication of rock'n'roll will ever happen. So give it up. It's total garbage. The worst idea ever. The definition of absurdity.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 4, 2012 19:06

Time to let y'all in on the winning pick .

New England in a romp 35 - 13

Date: February 4, 2012 22:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
stonescrow
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow

And plenty of hair!

Give it up. Enough with your 'perfect world' fantasy. THEY obviously don't see it the way you do. Not one of them has any remote idea of doing such a stupid thing fortunately AND fortunately none of this Disneyfication of rock'n'roll will ever happen. So give it up. It's total garbage. The worst idea ever. The definition of absurdity.

Bringing joy to millions is never a bad idea. Neither is making millions of dollars for doing a Beatles family reunion concert. As a former QB I wouldn't allow you in my huddle with your negative attitude. Can't isn't in my vocabulary.

Posted by: varv ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:19

Not so much rooting for the Giants as rooting against the patriots and belicheat. Only 6 months 'til Raiders preseason football!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:03

Funny Thing how the line dropped from 3 to 2 1/2. N.E. will win easily. 43 -26.

Date: February 5, 2012 00:39

stonescrow
Bringing joy to millions is never a bad idea. Neither is making millions of dollars for doing a Beatles family reunion concert. As a former QB I wouldn't allow you in my huddle with your negative attitude. Can't isn't in my vocabulary.

What gives you any iota of a inkling of thought that millions would fall for such a sham? You're...shamless!

Er, you should be ashammed of yerself for thinking such rubbishing thoughts.

You just need to accept that a bad idea is a bad idea. How come you're not aping about getting the Sons Of The Stones together? Marlon is an automatic genius as open-G guitar playing because his old man is/was?

Hey, have it. Good luck with finding someone to part with a dollar yet alone "millions of dollars" with such a horrible idea.

Date: February 5, 2012 03:18

Man I'm really sick of the Giants cockiness. They actulaly put up on their website a headline that said Giants win Super Bowl. I hope the Pats kick the crap out them. hot smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 5, 2012 04:32

sweetcharmedlife
Man I'm really sick of the Giants cockiness. They actulaly put up on their website a headline that said Giants win Super Bowl. I hope the Pats kick the crap out them. hot smiley
Come on SCL, you loved cocky when it was your 49ers coach doing it.

GIANTS WIN SUPER BOWL!!!

winking smiley

Date: February 5, 2012 04:50

sweetcharmedlife

Just looked at it. It says nothing about wining the SB.

Date: February 5, 2012 20:11

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 5, 2012 20:30

Giants by double digits

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 5, 2012 20:34

The New York Giants 30 New England Patriots 20.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 5, 2012 20:39

The Sicilian
The New York Giants 30 New England Patriots 20.

I earlier predicted N.E. but when I start to think about the Giants front four -I have second thoughts - Good thing I don't gamble except for Powerball, whic is up to 250 mil. geez

Date: February 5, 2012 21:05

sweetcharmedlife

dude 2 years ago the friday before the superbol either ESPN or the NFL had a poll to "vote for the best QB with only 1 SB win" and peyton manning and drew brees were on there even though bress hadn't on a SB yet and peyton had a chance to actually have 2 rings. whatever site it was removed it after a little over an hour and apologized saying it wasn't supposed to be up yet and that was just one plausible poll based on the outcome of sundays game. sure the giants server/internet team made the same mistake loading other things

Date: February 5, 2012 21:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife

Just looked at it. It says nothing about wining the SB.
They took it down.[espn.go.com]

Max,Harbaugh is cocky with his own team.But isn't stupid enough to be mouthing off to the press right before a big game. The Giants were a muffed punt away from being at home today.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 6, 2012 00:22

Max'sKansasCity
Lol, did you see where Jizzell asked her friends to pray for Tommy boy to win? [www.examiner.com]

When supermodels ask nicely, guys fall all over themselves. God's a guy. Pats in a cakewalk.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 6, 2012 00:26

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow

What gives you any iota of a inkling of thought that millions would fall for such a sham? You're...shamless!

Er, you should be ashammed of yerself for thinking such rubbishing thoughts.

You just need to accept that a bad idea is a bad idea. How come you're not aping about getting the Sons Of The Stones together? Marlon is an automatic genius as open-G guitar playing because his old man is/was?

Hey, have it. Good luck with finding someone to part with a dollar yet alone "millions of dollars" with such a horrible idea.

It's shameful that it didn't happen years ago, but on the other hand, it will make it that much better when/if it does. Similar with the Stones. If they had toured between the end of the ABB tour in 2007 and the 50th anniversary celebration in 2012 there would not be the hunger there is today among the majority of Stones fans around the world to see them once again. Of course that was all planned.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 6, 2012 00:27

Got my pistachios, Czechvar Lager, some other munchies, ready for the game. Now the only other thing I have to figure out.......who I'm going to cheer for.confused smiley

Date: February 6, 2012 03:28

Uh oh, here come the Pats...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 37 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home