Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:29

boston2006
boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
boston2006
I was 1 ~ 3 in the playoffs last week , let's see if I can get even .

I like
New Orleans giving 3 1/2
New England giving 15 1/2
Baltimore giving 7 1/2
Green Bay giving 7 1/2

I haven't any pet to bet like sweetcharmedlife so I'll start wagering my vinyl collection .

I'll bet ya a pink Some Girls vinyl that you don't go 3-1.winking smiley

Well it's not due to arrive until Tuesday thumbs up

Aaaaaahhhhhh Sh*t , sweetcharmedlife ya beat me out of my vinyl .

I can pay you know or we can double up on next weeks championship games

Take it if you want it .

Max'sKansasCity
I take New Orleans and give 3.5 points to San Franciso
I take Denver and get 13.5 points from New England
I take Baltimore and give 7.5 points to Houston
I take Green Bay and give 7.5 points to New York
W R O N G

Yup, it is harder than it looks... but it sure was a fun weekend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-16 01:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:33

boston2006
boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
boston2006

I like
New Orleans giving 3 1/2
Baltimore giving 7 1/2
Green Bay giving 7 1/2

I haven't any pet to bet like sweetcharmedlife so I'll start wagering my vinyl collection .

Take it if you want it .
Ahh,Boston I klnow how how much you like your vinyl. I let ya hang onto it. But If the Niners and Patriots end up in the Super Bowl. Look out. We gonna get serious!smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 16, 2012 01:46

The Sicilian
Ravens defeat the Texans 20 - 13 to face New England in Boston. Story of this game was if the Texans had a reliable quarterback they easily win. Yates the backup was terrible throwing 3 bad interceptions

The Texans defense stuffed the Ravens all day. They are lucky to get out of this game with a win. The Texans know that Yates personally lost this game for them. Too bad the better team lost.

well sorry the backup rookie QB blew it lol. for real yuo couldn't ask yates to be in a tougher situation

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 16, 2012 03:55

My Giants punished Rodgers and the Packers today. Look out 49ers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-16 04:01 by 71Tele.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 16, 2012 04:12

Well done Giants. I pledge you my Bears fan loyalty for the rest of post season.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 16, 2012 04:14

NY Giants manhandled the Packers today. Should make for a good NFC Championship game. 49ers will have their hands full this time. Eli Manning is much better than earlier this season.

Too bad the Super Bowl is in a crappy location this year.

Date: January 16, 2012 06:23

The Sicilian
NY Giants manhandled the Packers today. Should make for a good NFC Championship game. 49ers will have their hands full this time. Eli Manning is much better than earlier this season.

Too bad the Super Bowl is in a crappy location this year.
Who doesn't love Indy in early february?eye rolling smiley

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 16, 2012 07:22

Indy is better than Detroit. A small accomplishment indeed. But of course Detroit compensated nicely with their halftime show.

Date: January 16, 2012 07:38

I think the Packers were a little too full of themselves for this game. They were displaying too much swagger and I think they were a little guilty of looking ahead. Unfortunately for them, they did not draw a twinkie for an opponent like New England did with Denver.

I'll bet the Packers got a good look at that game and soaked up the homefield advantage expectations being the best team in the NFL and the reigning champions. But the Giants play in cold weather too, outdoors and in front of very demanding and unforgiving fans. They came to play, and they have beaten the Packers at home before. It was a nice run for Green Bay.

Date: January 16, 2012 09:36

The Sicilian
I think the Packers were a little too full of themselves for this game. They were displaying too much swagger and I think they were a little guilty of looking ahead. Unfortunately for them, they did not draw a twinkie for an opponent like New England did with Denver.

I'll bet the Packers got a good look at that game and soaked up the homefield advantage expectations being the best team in the NFL and the reigning champions. But the Giants play in cold weather too, outdoors and in front of very demanding and unforgiving fans. They came to play, and they have beaten the Packers at home before. It was a nice run for Green Bay.

actually i think the entire packers team never recovered emotionally from that coaches son dying

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 10:52

sweetcharmedlife
boston2006
boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
boston2006

I like
New Orleans giving 3 1/2
Baltimore giving 7 1/2
Green Bay giving 7 1/2

Take it if you want it .
Ahh,Boston I klnow how how much you like your vinyl. I let ya hang onto it. But If the Niners and Patriots end up in the Super Bowl. Look out. We gonna get serious!smiling bouncing smiley

Thank You , thank you , thank you !!!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 16, 2012 10:53

leteyer
NO over SF-- The Niners would have big time trouble finding Sproles (250 all purpose yds)
NYG over GB-- The Giants are so lucky that they will upset the cheeseheads
BAL over HOU-- Just plain logic, the better team will win
NE over DEN-- Brady will trow for like 400 yds and 4 TDs. I can imagine the Patriots LTAO in the sidelines by the start of the 4Q.

Well, 3 out of four ain't that bad. I'm happy for the Niners, don't really see how they did it but congrats, must have been horrible (in a good sens) being a fan for either NO or SF on those last four minutes.

Date: January 16, 2012 17:51

keefriffhard4life
The Sicilian

actually i think the entire packers team never recovered emotionally from that coaches son dying

I did not consider that and there is some merit to that, however, a lot of those selfish young millionaire punks think only of themselves and their camera moment. Once on the field, most of those guys probably didn't give it one thought. Since the Packers were behind the entire game they never had the chance to really bask in any momentum.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 16, 2012 19:30

Remember that the Packers' two touchdowns were scored after blown calls by the officials. It should have been an even bigger blowout. 49ers are a great team but the Giants are at the top of their game right now.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 19:48

Look, I'm a Packers fan, but I don't think the Offensive Coordinator's son dying had any affect on the team. McCarthy calls all the offense anyway. It's no excuse for how Green Bay played yesterday. The ball bouncing off every receivers hands and the defense not being able to make simple tackles is what caused Green Bay to lose.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 16, 2012 19:48

71Tele
Remember that the Packers' two touchdowns were scored after blown calls by the officials. It should have been an even bigger blowout. 49ers are a great team but the Giants are at the top of their game right now.

Damn Tele...Are we starting already? Here we go...
Niners are not only a great team...they are also at the 'top of their game', at home and better coached.

Plus NY has already been picked apart by them.
Eli will really have trouble sidestepping Aldon Smith

Date: January 16, 2012 21:25

NoCode0680
Look, I'm a Packers fan, but I don't think the Offensive Coordinator's son dying had any affect on the team. McCarthy calls all the offense anyway. It's no excuse for how Green Bay played yesterday. The ball bouncing off every receivers hands and the defense not being able to make simple tackles is what caused Green Bay to lose.

but more along the lines of the fact the team canceled a bunch of practices

Date: January 16, 2012 21:35

sweetcharmedlife
OK time for my dead wrong in public (DWIP) predictions:
San Francisco +3.5
New England -13.5
Baltimore -7.5
Giants +7.5
Damn 3-1and a half point away from 4-0. I'm so confidant I'll make next week's prediction's now. Patriots -7.5 49ers -2.5

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 16, 2012 21:55

What do those numbers mean (+3.5, -7.5 etc) ?

Date: January 16, 2012 21:57

Koen
What do those numbers mean (+3.5, -7.5 etc) ?
The point spread. 3 1/2 7 1/2 for betting purposes.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 16, 2012 22:01

Thanks, I had to look up what that means smiling smiley But how can you have a half point difference?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 16, 2012 22:27

Koen
Thanks, I had to look up what that means smiling smiley But how can you have a half point difference?

Well, obviously you can't score a half point, but using them in betting keeps there from being a "push", which means nobody would win the bet.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: January 17, 2012 00:50

boston2006
Any predictions sports fans ?

In the AFC I like New England , ( shocked aren't you ? )

In the NFC I like Atlanta .

And I see a huge step forward for the Detroit Lions .

I like the Niners to upset the Saints. The Giants to upset the Packers. And the Stones to dethrone the Beatles!smoking smiley

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 00:54

The Sicilian
Ravens defeat the Texans 20 - 13 to face New England in Boston. Story of this game was if the Texans had a reliable quarterback they easily win. Yates the backup was terrible throwing 3 bad interceptions

The Texans defense stuffed the Ravens all day. They are lucky to get out of this game with a win. The Texans know that Yates personally lost this game for them. Too bad the better team lost.

In Houston, most people are blaming the muffed punt by Jacoby Jones. We knew we couldn't expect a rookie QB to go in there and sling it around with the likes of Reed lurking while playing from behind in a hostile environment in a playoff situation....the kid played like a rookie. He played well enough to get us to the second round of the playoffs, but he's not near ready to go against a #3 defense, not many QBs can. The vets should have stepped up and Jones and Rackers did not.
Take away Jones' play, add the missed field goal, Houston wins. Ravens only TDed on very short field turnovers.... and that's what stings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-17 00:56 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 17, 2012 01:17

Eli will really have trouble sidestepping Aldon Smith[/quote]

Being from Boston, I am not a Giants fan what so ever but credit where credit is do. The giants have a knack for losing too any given team and them the next time they face them they figure it out quite well. I think Eli is better in the clutch than his brother Peyton by far, He set a season record for most TD's in the fourth Quarter this year thats clutch. SAn Fran is going to be in a tough game for sure.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 17, 2012 04:12

virgil

Eli will really have trouble sidestepping Aldon Smith

Being from Boston, I am not a Giants fan what so ever but credit where credit is do. The giants have a knack for losing too any given team and them the next time they face them they figure it out quite well. I think Eli is better in the clutch than his brother Peyton by far, He set a season record for most TD's in the fourth Quarter this year thats clutch. SAn Fran is going to be in a tough game for sure.[/quote]

Fair enough.
Neither team is going to have an easy day....and someone has to win.
All I can do is root for one

Date: January 17, 2012 06:10

The Sicilian

I challenge you to find one person that knows of a QB throwing 3 good INTs! All INTs are bad for the team that throw them.

Date: January 17, 2012 06:11

stupidguy2
The Sicilian

In Houston, most people are blaming the muffed punt by Jacoby Jones. We knew we couldn't expect a rookie QB to go in there and sling it around with the likes of Reed lurking while playing from behind in a hostile environment in a playoff situation....the kid played like a rookie. He played well enough to get us to the second round of the playoffs, but he's not near ready to go against a #3 defense, not many QBs can. The vets should have stepped up and Jones and Rackers did not.
Take away Jones' play, add the missed field goal, Houston wins. Ravens only TDed on very short field turnovers.... and that's what stings.

I think the vets did step up. The Texans played a hell of a game. The only thing that prevented them winning was the QB. I know he is a rookie but he threw some horrible coverage interceptions that should not have been thrown. Those players played their hearts out and did everything for Yates to win.

I watched their reactions after the interceptions and nobody confronted or consoled Yates. IMO, I think the Vets should have got into his face a little and fired him up. He needed some guidance and did not get anything from his teammates. That was a do or die game, not some learning experience. And, they should have won.

Date: January 17, 2012 06:15

71Tele

That is correct. Two of the most horrible calls I've seen in a playoff game.

I'll say this, the Giants are at the top of their game but so are the 49ers and they are playing at home. Championship games are won by the home team in a high percentage of the contests. The thing in the Giants favor is their experience. That could be the deciding point.

Date: January 17, 2012 06:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
The Sicilian

I challenge you to find one person that knows of a QB throwing 3 good INTs! All INTs are bad for the team that throw them.

Sure they are bad. But some are good throws that bounce off a receiver's hands, some are great throws that very good DBs made fantastic plays on. Then there are the Yates throws that land in the hands of a waiting DB. Or a throw to the inside shoulder of a receiver running an out pattern with the DB on the inside hip who just makes a break and off to the races. Or the interception on your side of the field near your red zone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home