Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 40 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 4, 2012 06:17

I'm not sure what this discussion is about. I thought the season was over. The only important NFL activity to discuss is the upcoming draft. More on the Draft later.. NCAA B-ball more important now.

Date: March 4, 2012 17:13

wtf do the bears have to do with this discussion at all? looks like there are 2 ignorant football fans on this forum. i feel bad for me and the rest of the fans of a great sport

Date: March 4, 2012 17:20

Whatever you say there Keefriffsosoft, the biggest knowitall bandwagon riding NFL fan in the world. Please feel bad, really bad - I'm sure it'll help immensely.

Date: March 4, 2012 17:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Whatever you say there Keefriffsosoft, the biggest knowitall bandwagon riding NFL fan in the world. Please feel bad, really bad - I'm sure it'll help immensely.

whatever. i don't feel bad. i'm extremely happy that as far as me and tons of other NFL fans are concerned we have been proven correct that the saints can only win by cheating.

i like how you know exactly how well i played basketball before a game where i was fouled hard to my right knee numerous times

Date: March 4, 2012 17:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
umm i dislike the saints because the fans are bandwagon idiots and the team got to a superbowl game off of obvious league pity after hurricane katrina. how else can you explain the saints saying we did something illegal to favre on purpose to take him out of a game and the refs never even caring to throw a flag.

a few rogue players? its like half the defense from those years plus so far the entire coaching staff of the saints says they knew about and never tried to stop it. the spirit of the saints fanbase is to put bags on your heads when your team is garbage and then come out of the woodwork when your team wins its 1st superbowl as if they just took the lead for most nfl championship titles ever. bunch of bandwagon losers.

i use to play a lot of sports and i was actually part of a basketball game where a player tried to hurt me on purpose. probably ended any chance i had at going on to a college level because i had a nagging knee injury the last 2 years in high school that still bothers me some 10 years after i finished high school. sorry you can't admit your team is everything thats wrong in pro sports today

Edith is right. You are an idiot. The team didn't win the Super Bowl because of "league pity" because of Katrina. They had their run in the '07 playoffs - you obviously don't know - the playoffs the season after the Saints got back home - and got treated like shit by Chicago fans, being told they shouldn've drowned, etc. Classless. Zero respect for life. Chicago is forever on the shitlist for that and will forever be regarded as classless for that. That is reprehensible beyond definition even.

You make it sound like the Saints are the only team doing this bounty thing. Are you really that naive? Oh did I really ask that? I did. You are naive. Is Brett Favre your idol? You mentioned your injury - it's not like you were going to play into the high ranks of college or play in the NBA, right? I'm sure you would've said so if that was the case. If that injury has influenced your life post-playing-sports days, well, that's just the way it goes, unfortunately, and that blows.

However, regardless, you weren't being paid to play, which implies getting injured. The sportsmanship of someone injuring you on purpose is horrible. You never said anything about payback. That happens too.

You obviously have no true fanship for a team. You're just a New Orelans/Saints hating troll. The Saints fans that wore bags over the heads at the games were unlike you; they are team supporting fans for YEARS that buy season tickets. A lot of those bag wearing bandwagon fans are still in the Superdome. That's one hell of a bandwagon. I am confident you'll continue your little hissy fit about the Saints. Carry on.

I agree - to imply that the Saints targeted one player or any player is absurd. It's simply a football game where any strategy to win is employed. I think the media making a story out of New Orleans' success is meaningless and trivial.

Again, this year's draft will be fascinating.

Date: March 4, 2012 17:33

Chris Fountain
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
umm i dislike the saints because the fans are bandwagon idiots and the team got to a superbowl game off of obvious league pity after hurricane katrina. how else can you explain the saints saying we did something illegal to favre on purpose to take him out of a game and the refs never even caring to throw a flag.

a few rogue players? its like half the defense from those years plus so far the entire coaching staff of the saints says they knew about and never tried to stop it. the spirit of the saints fanbase is to put bags on your heads when your team is garbage and then come out of the woodwork when your team wins its 1st superbowl as if they just took the lead for most nfl championship titles ever. bunch of bandwagon losers.

i use to play a lot of sports and i was actually part of a basketball game where a player tried to hurt me on purpose. probably ended any chance i had at going on to a college level because i had a nagging knee injury the last 2 years in high school that still bothers me some 10 years after i finished high school. sorry you can't admit your team is everything thats wrong in pro sports today

Edith is right. You are an idiot. The team didn't win the Super Bowl because of "league pity" because of Katrina. They had their run in the '07 playoffs - you obviously don't know - the playoffs the season after the Saints got back home - and got treated like shit by Chicago fans, being told they shouldn've drowned, etc. Classless. Zero respect for life. Chicago is forever on the shitlist for that and will forever be regarded as classless for that. That is reprehensible beyond definition even.

You make it sound like the Saints are the only team doing this bounty thing. Are you really that naive? Oh did I really ask that? I did. You are naive. Is Brett Favre your idol? You mentioned your injury - it's not like you were going to play into the high ranks of college or play in the NBA, right? I'm sure you would've said so if that was the case. If that injury has influenced your life post-playing-sports days, well, that's just the way it goes, unfortunately, and that blows.

However, regardless, you weren't being paid to play, which implies getting injured. The sportsmanship of someone injuring you on purpose is horrible. You never said anything about payback. That happens too.

You obviously have no true fanship for a team. You're just a New Orelans/Saints hating troll. The Saints fans that wore bags over the heads at the games were unlike you; they are team supporting fans for YEARS that buy season tickets. A lot of those bag wearing bandwagon fans are still in the Superdome. That's one hell of a bandwagon. I am confident you'll continue your little hissy fit about the Saints. Carry on.

I agree - to imply that the Saints targeted one player or any player is absurd. It's simply a football game where any strategy to win is employed. I think the media making a story out of New Orleans' success is meaningless and trivial.

how about you watch the news. the saints got caught using a bounty system for defensive players injuring people on purpose. the coaches involved and players have admitted kurt warner was a target as was favre during the nfc championship game. favre even released a statement yesterday basically saying it was wrong but he's retired now and could care less. the nfl is expected to take huge actions with fines, player suspensions and even taken away draft picks

did you even read the story posted on the previous page? 22-27 defensive players were part of this as well as basically the entire defensive coaching staff and the head coach knew it was going on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 17:35 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: March 4, 2012 17:44

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

how about you watch the news. the saints got caught using a bounty system for defensive players injuring people on purpose. the coaches involved and players have admitted kurt warner was a target as was favre during the nfc championship game. favre even released a statement yesterday basically saying it was wrong but he's retired now and could care less. the nfl is expected to take huge actions with fines, player suspensions and even taken away draft picks

did you even read the story posted on the previous page? 22-27 defensive players were part of this as well as basically the entire defensive coaching staff and the head coach knew it was going on

I understand where you're coming from, but if we're going to label this a crime -
then what about Lawrence Taylor or Atkinson (Raiders)?? Should these folks have been prosecuted?

Date: March 4, 2012 17:52

anyone doing anything against the rules in a sport should be penalized. i like how the saints fans say "everyone does it". well even if thats the case right now only 1 team has been caught. you can't take actions if you have no proof. maybe the patriots do it? oh well until they get caught they haven't done it. maybe the jet do it? who knows there isn't proof yet they do. you could do it for every team

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 17:52 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: March 4, 2012 18:00

keefriffhard4life
anyone doing anything against the rules in a sport should be penalized. i like how the saints fans say "everyone does it". well even if thats the case right now only 1 team has been caught. you can't take actions if you have no proof. maybe the patriots do it? oh well until they get caught they haven't done it. maybe the jet do story it? who knows there isn't proof yet they do. you could do it for every team

No offense - I don't see any malfeasance. Are the Saints suppose to act nice in a football game? BTW the Patriot camp has been caught spying on the Jets -Documented evidence!! Anyway, this escalated news by USA Today and other media is simply bullshit.

Date: March 4, 2012 19:10

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
anyone doing anything against the rules in a sport should be penalized. i like how the saints fans say "everyone does it". well even if thats the case right now only 1 team has been caught. you can't take actions if you have no proof. maybe the patriots do it? oh well until they get caught they haven't done it. maybe the jet do story it? who knows there isn't proof yet they do. you could do it for every team

No offense - I don't see any malfeasance. Are the Saints suppose to act nice in a football game? BTW the Patriot camp has been caught spying on the Jets -Documented evidence!! Anyway, this escalated news by USA Today and other media is simply bullshit.

except that its on espn and the nfl has already released a statement saying actions will be taken. its not just usa today making a case about it. no team is supposed to act nice but doing high/lows, horse collar tackles and helmet to helmet hits on purpose is just unsportsmanlike conduct

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 5, 2012 00:54

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-05 03:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 5, 2012 01:16

no clue. i have to see the brackets before i can make any decision

Date: March 5, 2012 05:21

What Keefriffards won't admit is that, aside from his high school basketball career - gee - other teams have done the same thing. Like this is a big deal or news? Sounds more like rich men having fun. It only confirms his thought that the Saints were cheating to win.

Ha ha. Yeah - Drew Brees' work has ZERO to do with any of their wins.

I guess the NY Jets are a perfect team. Nobody is going to accuse losers for any kind of advantage. It makes no news.

Date: March 5, 2012 14:06

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
What Keefriffards won't admit is that, aside from his high school basketball career - gee - other teams have done the same thing. Like this is a big deal or news? Sounds more like rich men having fun. It only confirms his thought that the Saints were cheating to win.

I guess the NY Jets are a perfect team. Nobody is going to accuse losers for any kind of advantage. It makes no news.

actually the jets have done things numerous times that they got punished for. funny having the jets called losers when they have been to the same amount of superbowls as the saints. but lets look at each franchise:
jets:
established= 1960
number of superbowl wins= 1
number of playoff wins= 12
number of AFC championship appearances= 5
number of road playoff wins= 7
number of playoff appearances= 14
number of losing seasons= 23

saints:
established= 1967
number of playoff wins= 6
number of NFC championship appearances= 1
number of road playoff wins= 0
number of playoff appearances= 9
number of losing seasons= 27

easy to see from that what franchise is worse. sorry

edit: missed you making fun of my basketball playing. i actually had 3 colleges already scouting me before i was injured (VCU,JMU, Randolph Macon) but missing numerous games over the next 2 seasons due to my knee no school was going to take that risk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-05 14:19 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: March 6, 2012 03:13

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

actually the jets have done things numerous times that they got punished for. funny having the jets called losers when they have been to the same amount of superbowls as the saints. but lets look at each franchise:
jets:
established= 1960

saints:
established= 1967

edit: missed you making fun of my basketball playing. i actually had 3 colleges already scouting me before i was injured (VCU,JMU, Randolph Macon) but missing numerous games over the next 2 seasons due to my knee no school was going to take that risk.

You showed me just how bad the Saints have been. Is that another mystery you're going to expound about that everyone already knows? Everyone knows how bad the Saints have been. You know, the bag heads and all that.

You really shined a light on the Saints. Congratulations. And California has earthquakes. Woo hoo.

Showing how "good" the Jets are v the Saints does...what? A whole lotta nothin'. Besides, at least the Saints play in the city they are actually named for (ha ha). You're acting like football players DON'T get paid to hurt people - you know those contracts they sign? Although Goodell is trying to make it flag football, they're not paid to pull flags. "Fair"? Ha ha ha ha. Offsides is fair. Why don't you just get over the fact that this 'bounty' thing has been going on for a long time with a lot of teams and stop acting like the Saints have been cheating. They haven't. It has nothing to do with "cheating", regardless of how many times you say it or construe and misconstrue it (for example, a knock out or cart off does not imply illegal hitting, even though I'm sure you think it does). Williams is a douche bag regardless. Aside from getting rid of Reggie 'Sideways' Bush it's the best move the Saints have made since getting Peyton, Brees and Sproles.

Date: March 6, 2012 05:03

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

jets:
established= 1960

saints:
established= 1967

You showed me just how bad the Saints have been. Is that another mystery you're going to expound about that everyone already knows? Everyone knows how bad the Saints have been. You know, the bag heads and all that.

You really shined a light on the Saints. Congratulations. And California has earthquakes. Woo hoo.

Showing how "good" the Jets are v the Saints does...what? A whole lotta nothin'. Besides, at least the Saints play in the city they are actually named for (ha ha). You're acting like football players DON'T get paid to hurt people - you know those contracts they sign? Although Goodell is trying to make it flag football, they're not paid to pull flags. "Fair"? Ha ha ha ha. Offsides is fair. Why don't you just get over the fact that this 'bounty' thing has been going on for a long time with a lot of teams and stop acting like the Saints have been cheating. They haven't. It has nothing to do with "cheating", regardless of how many times you say it or construe and misconstrue it (for example, a knock out or cart off does not imply illegal hitting, even though I'm sure you think it does). Williams is a douche bag regardless. Aside from getting rid of Reggie 'Sideways' Bush it's the best move the Saints have made since getting Peyton, Brees and Sproles.

i'm done with you. you are an idiot.

Why are you quoting everyone else about yourself? Go play basketball.

Date: March 6, 2012 05:15

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

jets:
established= 1960

saints:
established= 1967

i'm done with you. you are an idiot.

Why are you quoting everyone else about yourself? Go play basketball.

sorry you don't understand what cheating is.

Date: March 7, 2012 11:21

espn says saints superbowl victory forevr tainted:
[espn.go.com]

Date: March 7, 2012 15:33

Hey Keefriffhard, the Saints did not cheat. Quite crying about something that never happened. ESPN is owned by Disney.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 7, 2012 22:02

In light of all the negativity that a certain poster keeps regurgitating on this thread, I thought this might be an interesting diversion.

Enjoy !

NOLA Navy Week to bring 10 tall and modern warships and an air show to the Crescent City next month

Published: Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 1:03 PM
By Paul Purpura, The Times-Picayune NOLA.com

Thousands of sailors and 10 tall ships and modern warships will converge on New Orleans next month, when the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard kick off four years of international events to commemorate the bicentennial of the War of 1812. City and military officials provided details of "Navy Week NOLA" today during press conference at City Hall.

U.S. Navy
The USS Wasp, an 844-foot amphibious assault ship, is among 10 vessel scheduled to visit New Orleans April 16-23, to commemorate the War of 1812's bicentennial.
New Orleans is the inaugural city for the Navy-led events that begin here April 17-23 and conclude in the Crescent City in January 2015, on the 200th anniversary of the Battle of New Orleans. Mayor Mitch Landrieu called it “a spectacular event that the City of New Orleans has been so very fortunate to be able to host,” and one that falls amid a flurry of tourism-related events that culminate next year with the Super Bowl.

“As I’ve said many years, 2012 is an opportunity once again for the great City of New Orleans to shine,” Landrieu said of Navy Week, which falls between the French Quarter Festival, Final Four, the Essence Festival and the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival Presented by Shell.

Planners are preparing for 50,000 people to flock to New Orleans’ lakefront for two days of air shows over Lake Pontchartrain, featuring the Navy’s Blue Angels as the headliner and other military acts. As many as 25,000 people are expected to tour the vessels that for a week will be docked along the Mississippi River’s east bank, from the Crescent City Connection to the Esplanade Avenue Wharf.

Admission to the events is free. Ship tours will be available daily, with mornings reserved for school groups and afternoons for the general public, said Mark Romig, who chairs the city’s planning committee.

New Orleans is one of 14 cities to see similar events commemorating the War of 1812’s bicentennial and The Star Spangled Banner, the national anthem that originated from the fledgling nation’s disputes with Great Britain over maritime issues. While the Battle of New Orleans is considered the war’s largest land battle, the War of 1812 was mainly a large Navy battle, serving “as the Navy’s first trial by fire,” said Rear Adm. Jack Scorby, commander of Navy Region Southeast.

“This is an international event that reminds the world that New Orleans has always been a first-class military support city,” City Council President Jackie Clarkson said. “And it’s not something people consciously remember about us, It’s something that will remind them we have always been there since 1812.”

Of the ten visiting ships, three are tall ships, including the Coast Guard’s Eagle, Indonesia’s Dewaruci and Ecuador’s Guayas. France is sending its frigate, FS Germinal. England is sending the frigate HMS Montrose, and Canada is sending the HMCS St. Johns, also a frigate.

The U.S. Navy’s flagship for the visit is the USS Wasp, an 844-foot amphibious assault ship used to haul Marines and aircraft to war. The guided missile destroyer USS Mitscher, guided missile destroyer USS Gettysburg and the frigate USS De Wert also are planned. All will be greeted by 21-gun salutes, fired from the site of the closed Naval Support Activity in Algiers.

About 2,000 U.S. sailors and 250 Marines will visit, said Cmdr. Tim Riegle of Expeditionary Strike Group 2, of which the USS Wasp is a part.

“We are extremely excited to showcase our ships, our sailors, our Marines for this great city, and I know the sailors are excited to make this port of call,” Scorby said.

In addition to the Eagle, the Coast Guard re-enactors who will tell that agency’s history and a Coast Guard historian will give lectures, said Coast Guard Capt. Thomas Kaye. Coast Guard aircraft also will perform in the air show, he said.

The air show will be based at New Orleans Lakefront Airport and be held over the lake just west of the airport. The show’s center will be the UNO Lakefront Arena, where Franklin Avenue meets Lakeshore Drive.

For more information go to [nolanavyweek.com] [www.ourflagwasstillthere.org].

•••••••

Paul Purpura can be reached at ppurpura@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3791.

Date: March 8, 2012 00:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Hey Keefriffhard, the Saints did not cheat. Quite crying about something that never happened. ESPN is owned by Disney.

actually they were giving out non contract bonuses so per the nfl collection bargaining agreement they were cheating just based off of that. steve young says its cheating, dan marino says its cheating, you an avid saints fan say its not. guess who i am going to believe

Date: March 8, 2012 02:57

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

actually they were giving out non contract bonuses so per the nfl collection bargaining agreement they were cheating just based off of that. steve young says its cheating, dan marino says its cheating, you an avid saints fan say its not. guess who i am going to believe

You're the only person that is whining and crying about "cheating" like this. If they were cheating, how come they lost to a losing team in the 2011 playoffs and didn't beat the 49ers this year? That's some "cheating" going on innit. Was anyone carted off or knocked out? No. Your argument, for a lack of a better term, is equivalent to a jellyfish - spineless. You act like no other team does these little 'hey I'll give you a grand if you' whatever. It's been going on for years. How come you don't whine about the Stones cheating?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 8, 2012 05:15

peyton manning to the seattle seahawks.i am praying.

Date: March 8, 2012 15:28

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You're the only person that is whining and crying about "cheating" like this. If they were cheating, how come they lost to a losing team in the 2011 playoffs and didn't beat the 49ers this year? That's some "cheating" going on innit. Was anyone carted off or knocked out? No. Your argument, for a lack of a better term, is equivalent to a jellyfish - spineless. You act like no other team does these little 'hey I'll give you a grand if you' whatever. It's been going on for years. How come you don't whine about the Stones cheating?

stones cheating wtf are you talking about? you are retarded. THE SAINTS PLAYERS ADMITTED TO ILLEGAL HITS TO TRY AND FORCE PLAYERS OUT OF A GAME. THATS CHEATING. can it get any clearer for you. its cheating. even players defending what the saints did still are saying "theres nothing wrong with it but its against the the rules" which means cheating. how much easier can it get for you? several players have filed a lawsuit against the saints for illegal hits during that time period. the nfl will not be airing the 2009 NFC championship game between the saints and the vikings because they have turned that footage over to the investigation. players and coaches will be suspended and fined. non contract bonuses are against nfl player CBA. the saints were told to stop it roughly 2 years ago and continued to do it. its cheating

All teams have illegal hits. You just like picking on the Saints. You have issues. Carry on.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 8, 2012 16:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Carry on.

Don't worry, he will ! grinning smiley

Date: March 9, 2012 00:44

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

stones cheating wtf are you talking about? you are retarded. THE SAINTS PLAYERS ADMITTED TO ILLEGAL HITS TO TRY AND FORCE PLAYERS OUT OF A GAME. THATS CHEATING. can it get any clearer for you. its cheating. even players defending what the saints did still are saying "theres nothing wrong with it but its against the the rules" which means cheating. how much easier can it get for you? several players have filed a lawsuit against the saints for illegal hits during that time period. the nfl will not be airing the 2009 NFC championship game between the saints and the vikings because they have turned that footage over to the investigation. players and coaches will be suspended and fined. non contract bonuses are against nfl player CBA. the saints were told to stop it roughly 2 years ago and continued to do it. its cheating

All teams have illegal hits. You just like picking on the Saints. You have issues. Carry on.

please show me proof that other teams pay players extra for illegal hits.

Date: March 10, 2012 21:27

keefriffhard4life

[www.cbsnews.com]

Date: March 10, 2012 23:45

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

[www.cbsnews.com]

you really are an idiot. espn has been talking all that this type of thing was pretty common until the late 80's and you show me players from the 80's and recent players on teams with the same coach who had the system with the saints. it was already announced they were investigating several teams/players that the same coach was part of. geez try again you douche bag

You're such a good sport. Did you not read what Kyle Turley said? Oh wait - did I really just ask that? You said to show you "proof" that it's going on elsewhere and yet, somehow, you magically already know it's been going on elsewhere due to you watching and following every word the Disney sports channel says. What era of players are quoted is moot, just like your thoughts about this. It's been happening for years. If the Saints cheated how come they didn't win in the 2011 and 2012 playoffs if they were, as you whine about it, cheating. Seems like if they were "cheating" they wouldn've won. People getting a bump of cash after the fact is not "cheating". There was no bucking the system. A cloaking device so the refs couldn't see someone going offsides and having the opposing team's QB sacked EVERY PLAY would be "cheating". If offering someone money to sack someone or whatever is not any different than offering them two large pizzas because the fine that they'd pay is way beyond the money involved. They might be dumb but they're not stupid.

Once again you're just on the rag about the Saints. What "facts" the NFL has has more to do with the one person than anything else.

Date: March 10, 2012 23:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

[www.cbsnews.com]

you really are an idiot. espn has been talking all that this type of thing was pretty common until the late 80's and you show me players from the 80's and recent players on teams with the same coach who had the system with the saints. it was already announced they were investigating several teams/players that the same coach was part of. geez try again you douche bag

You're such a good sport. Did you not read what Kyle Turley said? Oh wait - did I really just ask that? You said to show you "proof" that it's going on elsewhere and yet, somehow, you magically already know it's been going on elsewhere due to you watching and following every word the Disney sports channel says. What era of players are quoted is moot, just like your thoughts about this. It's been happening for years. If the Saints cheated how come they didn't win in the 2011 and 2012 playoffs if they were, as you whine about it, cheating. Seems like if they were "cheating" they wouldn've won. People getting a bump of cash after the fact is not "cheating". There was no bucking the system. A cloaking device so the refs couldn't see someone going offsides and having the opposing team's QB sacked EVERY PLAY would be "cheating". If offering someone money to sack someone or whatever is not any different than offering them two large pizzas because the fine that they'd pay is way beyond the money involved. They might be dumb but they're not stupid.

Once again you're just on the rag about the Saints. What "facts" the NFL has has more to do with the one person than anything else.

what i can give you is several links to forums where people agree with me its cheating. public opinion is it was wrong and its a form of cheating

edit: also i like your argument. its only cheating if you win every game. wtf does that mean??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-11 06:22 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 22, 2012 15:05

NFL hammers Saints for bounties

[espn.go.com]

NFL suspended New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton without pay for next season

Indefinitely banned the team's former defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams.

Fined the Saints $500,000

Took away their second-round draft pick this year and in 2013.

"To our fans, the NFL and the rest of our league, we offer our sincere apology and take full responsibility for these serious violations. It has always been the goal of the New Orleans Saints to create a model franchise and to impact our league in a positive manner. There is no place for bounties in our league and we reiterate our pledge that this will never happen again."

The NFL said the scheme involved 22 to 27 defensive players, targeting opponents including quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Brett Favre and Kurt Warner. "Knockouts" were worth $1,500 and "cart-offs" $1,000, with payments doubled or tripled for the playoffs.

"The bounty thing is completely unprofessional. I'm happy the league has made it known it won't be tolerated," said left tackle Jordan Gross, Newton's teammate on the Carolina Panthers. "To think that something like that would happen -- guys trying to hurt someone to make a few extra bucks -- is just appalling. I mean we have a lot on the line, every single one of us. ... You don't want to see anyone taken out a game."

According to the league, Saints defensive captain Jonathan Vilma offered $10,000 to any player who knocked then-Vikings QB Favre out of the 2010 NFC Championship Game. The Saints were flagged for roughing Favre twice in that game, and the league later said they should have received another penalty for a brutal high-low hit from Remi Ayodele and Bobby McCray that hurt Favre's ankle. He was able to finish the game, but the Saints won in overtime en route to the franchise's only Super Bowl appearance.

As recently as this year, Payton said he was entirely unaware of the bounties -- "a claim contradicted by others," the league said. And according to the investigation, Payton received an email before the Saints' first game in 2011 that read, "PS Greg Williams put me down for $5000 on Rogers (sic)." When Payton was shown that email by NFL investigators, he acknowledged it referred to a bounty on Rodgers, whose Packers beat the Saints in Week 1.

The league said that in addition to contributing money to the bounty fund, Williams oversaw record keeping, determined payout amounts and recipients, and handed out envelopes with money to players. The NFL said Williams acknowledged he intentionally misled NFL investigators when first questioned in 2010, and didn't try to stop the bounties.

Vitt was aware of the bounties and, according to the league, later admitted he had "fabricated the truth" when interviewed in 2010.

Loomis knew of the bounty allegations at least by February 2010, when he was told by the league to end the practice. But the NFL said he later admitted he didn't do enough to determine if there were bounties or to try to stop them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142Next
Current Page: 40 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home