Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Daily Mail, Sep 8: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:11

why was Wilfred Brimley at the meeting?

Re: Daily Mail, Sep 8: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:13

ineedadrink
why was Wilfred Brimley at the meeting?
Trying to sell them life insurance?

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:13

My first response same as ineedadrink, I don't think this was tour planning. Most of their business can probably be done through fax, but at the risk of being a downer I would hazard to guess that this meeting was more about dissolution of the band. We're talking big business.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:14

What does News of the World have to say about this?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:16

To all the nay sayers who love to be negative like yesterdays; 'The Some Girls live DVD will be a boot' etc etc. It looks like we're getting a tour! To all those who genuinely don't want a tour to happen I'm sorry for you.
Bring it all on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:30

paulm
but at the risk of being a downer I would hazard to guess that this meeting was more about dissolution of the band. We're talking big business.

Dissolution of the band on the eve of their 50th Anniversary? Mick and Cohl give a huge middle finger to the mountain of money that's waiting for them on the other side? Right. We're talking big business.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:35

huh ? Since when does Ronnie have a say in the band's plans?
(or were they just telling him that the Stones thing is over?)

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:36

yeah you're right Justin.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:39

slewan
He's an official member,why wouldn't he be there?

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:45

sweetcharmedlife
slewan
He's an official member,why wouldn't he be there?

He was also at the meeting when they were planning the Licks Tour, it's documented in Being Mick. In fact, as Ronnie is getting into his Bentley GT, Keith utters something to the effect "I have one like that"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 19:50 by Sam Spade.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:58

On the pictures, Charlie is happily smiling - meaning: I don't have to travel in that circus anymore. Keith and Ronnie looking frustrated probably because of no tour and Mick "sighing" finaly over....

Re: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:58

Gazza
Mick has 'tour hair' !

Thats the most significant 'sign' you need!

Hah! thumbs up

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:05

Sure wish Mick T was there with them. . ..

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:16

coming to conclusions based on a photograph is silly. but since that seems to be the theme on this forum, i'll play along. to me, Mick, Keith, and Ronnie look rather dejected. Keith especially. he looks like he just saw a ghost. Charlie, on the other hand, looks rather happy, perhaps holding a "so you've decided to retire from the Rolling Stones" pamphlet?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:19

|If you are not somewhat excited about this situation you are not a stones fan,,,

and speaking of MICK T,,

very strange indeed,, i deamt last night about a stones meeting,,and MICK T wsa there when the tour is announced,, CHUCK was out,, IAN MAC back in,,

BILL said NO,,

so here is to hoping,,

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:21

Charlie was smiling because they're NOT touring!

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:40

No sign of Mick T or Bill.... This makes me BLUE. sad smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:50

Did Mick borrow Jeff Becks rug? Somethings up with the mop. Happy that they will tour again.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:52

Mick has always had healthy hair,,, i dont ever recall seeing him with thinning hair,,

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 8, 2011 20:54

Well, I would imagine that if they bothered to meet up in person then it must be about a tour. There would be no need to meet up to dissolve the band, and Ronnie wouldn't be invited to that sort of meeting anyway. So, all we need to know now is what the decision was. My guess is that it was a yes, but the scale of it could be the sticking point...small scale significant worldwide gigs or US and UK tour including the Olympics.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:01

they already said No to the Olympics
jeroen

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:01

...between the Exile outakes and the release of Some Girls in Texas they could have the basis on which to build a tour. Sales on L&G and Exile re issue all seem to indicate that they can make money marketing past glories so this one is a piece of cake considering they didn't tour Some Girls enough in 78.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:02

The only reason for them to get together is to discuss business. Tour on. New recording? Hope so.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:02

To me they all look like Mick has shown them the decoration of the new stage pavement..

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:07

Probably wasn't a meeting regarding the dissolution of the band. It was reported on this thread that StonesDoug, a man whose knowledge I very much respect, said that we'll maybe know more in a short while. Remember also that this proved that Mick and Keith CAN be in the same room together. It's not likely that Mick called a meeting to argue with Keith and bring Charlie and Ronnie in as audience. Furthermore, why would anyone think that they would have to meet to end the band. That would be more in the form of a letter I think.

Also, Danish tabloid BT has picked up on the story, but eloborates a bit more. The article says that the Stones went to a restaurant after the meeting (Again - This COULD be tabloid bullshit). The last line reads "And something IS in the pipeline".
[www.bt.dk]

It's not a bad time to be a Stonesfan. Live in Texas concert flick, Some Girls DeLuxe happening soon and all this news about a tour or an album brewing. Good times.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:18

>
He was flanked by a burly tattooed man, thought to be his bodyguard.
>

Now that's news to me! I thought it was Keith's sister!

Mathijs

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:21

Mathijs
>
He was flanked by a burly tattooed man, thought to be his bodyguard.
>

Now that's news to me! I thought it was Keith's sister!

Mathijs

It's not as if this guy had been around Keith for years...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 21:37 by gwen.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:29

The Joker
djgab
Keith's bodyguard looks stronger than Ronnie's one

That is right.

Bet that tattoo is one of those temporary ones from a gumball machine.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:32

I am REALLY curious about what is wrapped inside Mick's sweater. I'd swear it looks to me like it's about the size of a binder or a DAYBOOK/calendar type of thing....or a tablet or Ipad....Charlie with his little pad, perfect to scribble and doodle on, or perhaps for him jot down some dates or ranges of dates for 2012....Keith's roadie has a duffel bag, no telling what's in there....something about it, I definitely smell TOUR MEETING out of this one.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 8, 2011 21:38

I wonder if Keef brought his blade to the meeting??? With all those brats rioting for free stuff rather than workin' for a living. . .. The Stone being 'establishment' types now . . . Can't blame him for wanting protection. . ..

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home